Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247627 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dynssy: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Orokhe:
for verbs, begs is singular while beg is plural
Alright then, I give up.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Dynssy:

So you are saying that instead of 'the dogs bark at night', I should rather say 'the dogs barks at night'? Really? And Yvonne is concurring to this?

Please forget I ever commented on this. I mean, whooh!!! This is not where I parked my car... please can someone direct me to the SCHOLARSHIP thread? I'm sure I must have missed my way.
OMG! I expected u to read carefully my response and note the seemingly areas of erroneous assumption. Of course ' the dogs barks' is absolutely wrong. Dat will be plural noun + singular verb. The correct thing is ' the dogs bark ' which is plural noun + plural verb. What u are obviously not getting here is that singular verbs carry the 's' or 'es' as d case may be while in d case of nouns, the singular nouns do not possess the 's' or 'es' except for words that originally have any of these on their own for example 'Moses' or 'Amos'. Therefore, plural nouns/pronouns + plural verbs; singular nouns/pronouns + singular verbs.Enough said on this.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Orokhe:

Seconded!!!

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 10:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
#Whistling #WaitingForSeptember #PrayingNDDC contacts you all sooner. Amen

Meanwhile, e b like say here don turn to english forum. Can someone get Hon Obhiagabon abi wetin be him name to come intervene?

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by auroraborealis: 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Orokhe:
If I can still remember, its referred to as Concord: Verb and Noun Agreement.
Thanks Orokhe and Ethene for the corrections and for keeping the thread alive.
Its been too cold of late.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Emasel(m): 12:46am On Aug 09, 2015
auroraborealis:

Longtime boss

Have u got any update for us?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Yvonnie:
OMG! I expected u to read carefully my response and note the seemingly areas of erroneous assumption. Of course ' the dogs barks' is absolutely wrong. Dat will be plural noun + singular verb. The correct thing is ' the dogs bark ' which is plural noun + plural verb. What u are obviously not getting here is that singular verbs carry the 's' or 'es' as d case may be while in d case of nouns, the singular nouns do not possess the 's' or 'es' except for words that originally have any of these on their own for example 'Moses' or 'Amos'. Therefore, plural nouns/pronouns + plural verbs; singular nouns/pronouns + singular verbs.Enough said on this.

auroraborealis:

geobukky:

Seconded!!!

Stop arguing about the rules of English Language. Just speak and write the correct thing. That's all! Who in God's name will bother asking u all these anyways?
U can know all the rules and still gbagaun.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by petertaiwo0: 8:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Orokhe:

I know that singular noun attracts singular verb. thank u. I only expressed my self in pidgin. I av good command in written and spoken English.

Not written and spoken... Writing, speaking, and reading(optional).. Since you are still alive.. So present continuous tense..
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by petertaiwo0: 8:27am On Aug 11, 2015
Dynssy:

So you are saying that instead of 'the dogs bark at night', I should rather say 'the dogs barks at night'? Really? And Yvonne is concurring to this?

Please forget I ever commented on this. I mean, whooh!!! This is not where I parked my car... please can someone direct me to the SCHOLARSHIP thread? I'm sure I must have missed my way.

Invoke the rule of concord... Dogs plural+Bark Plural.. So any plural now must agree with Plural Verb vice verse... You go read more on dele A-Z by Dele Ashade... No one is an highland of knowledge..
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by petertaiwo0: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2015
Yvonnie:

Correct... Barracks(singular noun).. Thanks for the post..
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by petertaiwo0: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Orokhe:

Not for verbs but for verb... You only have one verb in your stance example(either singular or plural).
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by reflx(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2015
please remind me why this thread was created...and why we keep checking for updated daily...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Veka: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
*island*
petertaiwo0:

Invoke the rule of concord... Dogs plural+Bark Plural.. So any plural now must agree with Plural Verb vice verse... You go read more on dele A-Z by Dele Ashade... No one is an highland of knowledge..
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Arnaal: 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
I am expecting d nddc scholarship briefing text soon. But come 2 think of it where r those guys who said they got d briefing text in june? Time has found them out I see.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
Arnaal:
I am expecting d nddc scholarship briefing text soon. But come 2 think of it where r those guys who said they got d briefing text in june? Time has found them out I see.

They are in the UK cleaning the chairs and tables before the new session begins.
As for briefing, I don't think it would be anytime soon. It should be out before November. Cheers

http://thenationonlineng.net/nddc-cant-account-for-n183b/
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Arnaal: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
cabayes:

They are in the UK cleaning the chairs and tables before the new session begins.
As for briefing, I don't think it would be anytime soon. It should be out before November. Cheers
Well let's watch and see.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2015
pop up!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2015
CHAIRMAN1:
pop up!
Is that suppose to mean alert
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by nellobaba(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
guys are seriously waiting on NDDC, most UK schools open next month, and till now we haven't heard from NDDC..............nawa ooooooo shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
nellobaba:
guys are seriously waiting on NDDC, most UK schools open next month, and till now we haven't heard from NDDC..............nawa ooooooo shocked[color=#990000][/color]
MY skul dn dy use fone call me oo cheesy... Dy no sabi as e dy go... Tin wey no even sure sef

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
O boy ee. Na which kind thing NDDC dey do us so. Shuuuu. Person don wait tire. The shakara don plenty oo. Abeg in case u get some kind news from that area, make u alert us na. At least person mind go melo small with that one.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 9:57am On Aug 15, 2015
I will try and get update for you guys. Going back to phc and will visit their office hqrs when I arrive. Hope to get a straight response from them though.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by SentGrace: 4:42am On Aug 18, 2015
We should relax our minds until December. If u are working, keep on with the work; if u are not working, try and get a work for now. The scholarship outcome is still some months away.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hello!!! Who's interested in some news from NDDC?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
oya oh!!! tell me sharp sharp
csimms7:
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
my school been don withdraw my admission yesterday sef
na im i halla dem today ooh! no be smallthing oh
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2015
girliygirly:
my school been don withdraw my admission yesterday sef
na im i halla dem today ooh! no be smallthing oh
Dy even try... Buh skools like coventry still dy take applications Sha...

Somebody shud tell us the latest nau
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
csimms7:
Very much interested. What have u got?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
SentGrace:
We should relax our minds until December. If u are working, keep on with the work; if u are not working, try and get a work for now. The scholarship outcome is still some months away.
December! Is that some kind of joke or guess work?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by nellobaba(m): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
pls it better not be december, most schools in uk resume next month...................Godwin sha shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.