Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247661 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Orokhe: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Congrat to those that had secured their visas already. Pls I av question. Is ielts English test a mandetory prerequisite for UK visa application?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Any Bayelsan who entered for Ph.D and made it to d orals here? pls qoute.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 24, 2015
very much mandatory
Orokhe:
Congrat to those that had secured their visas already. Pls I av question. Is ielts English test a mandetory prerequisite for UK visa application?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2015
girliygirly:
very much mandatory

Nah. It isn't very much mandatory as it depends on the school. My school insisted I wrote it though but then they didn't include it in my CAS as requirements to take to the embassy.

I know for Salford also that it isn't so it depends on the school really but it's good to find out from your school plus rules change all the time.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by tempest01(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
Orokhe:

I didnt write, but i got the visa. My school determined that my level of english was okay and they included it in my CAS that they have determined that i have the required knowledge.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Joshhhkeys: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
girliygirly:
very much mandatory
It's also not mandatory for my school...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
Some schools need C6 in waec
girliygirly:
very much mandatory
Mighty imperial sef na C4 while most schools want to hear that u received bsc in English and Dat covers anything about language
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Orokhe: 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
Thank u all for candid responses. Am great full. What about CAS? How do I get it? Should mail d school about it?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ShaiMalika: 11:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
wish these results would just come out
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2015
it's been a while, however I'm not surprised about the status quo. esp since change is here.
However it's nice to know some of you from last year and some others with their own funds are already on their way.
just a few advice for them.
You can spend up to two hours before you are cleared by immigration so factor that into your arrival time, and if possible try to make it to your destination on thesame day. If your school has a pick up service (which is usually free and will be available till like 5pm local time) try to use it. to use a pick up service you will need to arrive at the designated airport and be cleared by immigration before say 5pm, you might also need to furnish your school with your travel details.
On cold weather clothing, just buy a few, at least one winter jacket, boot -(not boot for site work oh), jeans, chinox, headwarmer, gloves, etc one each because of baggage allowance on your flight.
Duvet and Bedspread and blanket, you definitely need them. If u are staying in a University's owned accommodation some might provide it for you while others will not let you in until you present these items. However as a black man or even white man living in Nigeria you definitely need them. I will recommend a duvet and a thick blanket, for certain weathers, just one of them is needed, however you will most definitely be combining both of them in winter.
Finally for those of you not flying directly as in flights with multiple stops and longer than twelve hours, plan your flight such that a day delay doesn't disrupt other activities.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nuel1647:
it's been a while, however I'm not surprised about the status quo. esp since change is here.
However it's nice to know some of you from last year and some others with their own funds are already on their way.
just a few advice for them.
You can spend up to two hours before you are cleared by immigration so factor that into your arrival time, and if possible try to make it to your destination on thesame day. If your school has a pick up service (which is usually free and will be available till like 5pm local time) try to use it. to use a pick up service you will need to arrive at the designated airport and be cleared by immigration before say 5pm, you might also need to furnish your school with your travel details.
On cold weather clothing, just buy a few, at least one winter jacket, boot -(not boot for site work oh), jeans, chinox, headwarmer, gloves, etc one each because of baggage allowance on your flight.
Duvet and Bedspread and blanket, you definitely need them. If u are staying in a University's owned accommodation some might provide it for you while others will not let you in until you present these items. However as a black man or even white man living in Nigeria you definitely need them. I will recommend a duvet and a thick blanket, for certain weathers, just one of them is needed, however you will most definitely be combining both of them in winter.
Finally for those of you not flying directly as in flights with multiple stops and longer than twelve hours, plan your flight such that a day delay doesn't disrupt other activities.

Boss please your email address if you don't mind so we can talk about these stuffs. Thanks.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
csimms7:

Boss please your email address if you don't mind so we can talk about these stuffs. Thanks.

I just sent u a pm, just reply the mail n then we can chat.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nuel1647:

I just sent u a pm, just reply the mail n then we can chat.

m.okogwu@yahoo.com
Abeg mail me sir. I no understand how this their level dey work. Maybe when you mail me we fit exchange numbers, I go call you.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
For your Visa, you just have to. Don't trash your hopes over something that is clearly avoidable. [unless you have lived there before]
#dontDull

geobukky:
Mighty imperial sef na C4 while most schools want to hear that u received bsc in English and Dat covers anything about language
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
girliygirly:
For your Visa, you just have to. Don't trash your hopes over something that is clearly avoidable. [unless you have lived there before]
#dontDull

Aiit...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
csimms7:

I have mailed you. I don't think it's wise publishing ur email online. you can now modify your previous post and delete your email.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 26, 2015
N
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by dejavski(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Pls someone should give me an update on when the next application form will come out for next year cos I am planning to apply for next one. I would really appreciate it smiley

Dejimathew@live.com
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by dejavski(m): 11:17am On Aug 26, 2015
Dannylng:

plz send me the past papers as well, thank a million
elnino4me@gmail.com

Please can you help me with past questions and answers. I'll really appreciate smiley
Dejimathew@live.com
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by dejavski(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2015
chaelsangelovee:
Please kindly forward to aby42guy@yahoo.com. Thanks

Help me out with questions and answers bro
Dejimathew@live.com
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
T
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2015
B
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Veka: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
environmental hopeful here.
aamstih:
Hi, is there any of the hopefuls here that is of an Environmental background? Pls do quote me if you're one.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by gr8nes: 1:22am On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=tempest01 post=37283462]

I didnt write, but i got the visa. My school determined that my level of english was okay and they included it in my CAS that they have determined that i have the required knowledge.

How long did it take u to get ur visa? D tym period within which u applied and got ur visa and wat was d interview like, if any?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by gr8nes: 1:24am On Aug 30, 2015
tempest01:

How long did it take u to get ur visa? D tym period within which u applied and got ur visa and wat was d interview like, if any?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by tempest01(m): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2015
gr8nes:

Application was in my court because I chose the days favourable for me to do tb test and visa interview.

It actually took like one week after I did the interview to get back my documents and visa.

The interview was a chat via video chat with a physiologist I presume.

Questions like why uk? Why the course you chose, If you've gotten accommodation, when is your program starting, etc.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hi,

I guess this is not the NDDC scholarship room. Last two page discussion was,...

Please,do any one (reliable source) has a concrete info on when the award will be given?

This is really hampering many people's plan, I guess.

Thank you.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
iphyconsult:
Hi,

I guess this is not the NDDC scholarship room. Last two page discussion was,...

Please,do any one (reliable source) has a concrete info on when the award will be given?

This is really hampering many people's plan, I guess.

Thank you.

The awards will CERTAINLY be released BEFORE 31/12/15.

Relax!

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by nellobaba(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2015
smiles...........................guy you harsh oooo, if i catch u, i go bite ur ear, guys are freaking out, my email don full with messages from uk schools, as if that is not enough, they now call me, NDDC should answer guys biko.... shocked
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by MacMaster01(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2015
geobukky:
bro imperial will still give a conditional offer even with C4, you'll still have to do the ielts to get an unconditional offer
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
Someone should please help us with updates from nddc.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
MacMaster01:

bro imperial will still give a conditional offer even with C4, you'll still have to do the ielts to get an unconditional offer
Nope, you just have to send them a WAEC scratch card...

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.