Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247546 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by etisong: 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ramsey, masters or phd.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by platinuman(m): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for clarifying.
OtseD:

I understand. I was here when people came claiming they had been called. But i have my invite. Who knows they might send more later on i dont know. But its true that invites were sent today. I even have to go get refrees..and my degree cert n nysc cert is with the ukvi ppl. Anyway sha. I hope other people receive the news. Im thankful to God.
P.s i am attaching screenshots of all the nddc texts i ever got from invite for test to invite for briefing.
Goodluck.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
if u give me five minutes, I can also do this.
But more importantly, we now know the venue and people can ask about its reservations tomorrow.
why is 2015 underlined in your text message, what would a text message that long even be sent.
Finally, you already have admission letter which you got using academic reference and Transcript, all you need is the damm scholarship letter to get your visa, so why are you asked to come with them, esp as some reference were submitted online and some schools sent transcripts directly to the foreign University. I went through thesame process last year.

I'm not beefing you, just giving people the courage and hope to wait till Tuesday for confirmation. so I will highlight any hole I see.

I know you people were all nice to each other n exchanged numbers during the interview, which opens up the possibility of this being a scam.
I didn't give anyone my number last year, flew in by 8 had my interview by 10, flew back by 12. So when I saw a message (even though I wasn't expecting one) I knew it was genuine.
With or without this screenshot, let's all wait n see. Tuesday is not far away.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dantidote: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
Pls, anyone from ondo with an invite?

I'm still expectant...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
geobukky, vechris10, Ellacity & doncharlso where una de o! Wetin una de talk? E for bettr say them no invite man for the interview than to come dash some body high hope.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Arnaal: 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
I don't know what anyone will gain from this rumors. Somebody said he received text 4 briefing in May now some ppl r claiming 2 have received text 4 briefing 2day. We will know how authentic it is at d end.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by alphalpha(m): 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
hmmm hiannnn
maybe today they contacted only mtn subscribers, tomorrow is for other networks...
Hope dey
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
OtseD:

I understand. I was here when people came claiming they had been called. But i have my invite. Who knows they might send more later on i dont know. But its true that invites were sent today. I even have to go get refrees..and my degree cert n nysc cert is with the ukvi ppl. Anyway sha. I hope other people receive the news. Im thankful to God.
P.s i am attaching screenshots of all the nddc texts i ever got from invite for test to invite for briefing.
Goodluck.
The only difference the last SMS(briefing sms) has with the other two SMS is that it does not have the SMS ID. Any way let's wait till tuesday to know the truth.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by oduado: 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
I really dnt think itz fraud xcept, we'er saying that some1 sent that text to us..using nddc as d sender....bt we can verify by calling nddc tomoro....
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oh well. I tried my best. I dont know why i even bothered. I dont post on nairaland much..no time.i joined cos of info on nddc so i cant gain anything from starting a rumor. Just wanted to help out. I got the message under the same name i got the others which is NDDC so if u guys r saying ppl sent me a scam message, Oh well. I didnt give any1 my number either. I cant answer ur questions why they asked for those things but i am going to go through the stress of gettin them and booking a ticket so it better be true. I dont think its a scam but i understand why you would.
I hope u all get your verification and confirmation soon and before monday hopefully b4 i book ticket n travel all the way from lagos to ph.
Anyway its all good. I will end there.

Please if any1 knows what happens at the briefing and afterwards it will be nice to share. School starts soon and i may not be around after the briefing. And i want to clarify if the briefing means the scholarship is 100% guaranteed.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by oduado: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
OtseD:
Oh well. I tried my best. I dont know why i even bothered. I dont post on nairaland much..no time.i joined cos of info on nddc so i cant gain anything from starting a rumor. Just wanted to help out. I got the message under the same name i got the others which is NDDC so if u guys r saying ppl sent me a scam message, Oh well. I didnt give any1 my number either. I cant answer ur questions why they asked for those things but i am going to go through the stress of gettin them and booking a ticket so it better be true. I dont think its a scam but i understand why you would.
I hope u all get your verification and confirmation soon and before monday hopefully b4 i book ticket n travel all the way from lagos to ph.

Please if any1 knows what happens at the briefing and afterwards it will be nice to share. School starts soon and i may not be around after the briefing. And i want to clarify if the briefing means the scholarship is 100% guaranteed.
Thanks.
yh...I think d briefing is 4 collectin d scholarship letter....4frm last urs thread though

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by baresi22: 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Thank you Lord for your Loving kindness.I finally made it.However,I do not know if it is wise to leave a job for MSC.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Arnaal: 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
I believe briefing sms comes from a different sender and not NDDC. And d sms id is missing too. What more should I say?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by gr8nes: 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Everyone shld chill....i tink d invite is genuine, if u like contact d margedu guy or Nddc itself....If u do not get d invite eventually, its nt d end of d world, thank God n move on.....And big congrats to those hu got d invite, rep 9ja well wen u get der, show dem we gat d brains too....FYI, am yet to get mine
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Mayflowa(m): 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
OtseD:

Thanks.

I am just reluctant to speak but for the effort you have put in to convince people here the genuity of NDDC's SMS. I commend you. Every year, there are handful of people who doubt when the successful messages are sent out by NDDC.

I was a scholar last year. These SMSes are real. In my time and the year preceeding mine, the messages even came with ordinary number. Yours is even more official. The reason for asking you for transcripts and other documents is to help some scholars apply for fresh admissions. Remember many start dates are gone by already. NDDC has agents that can help you secure fast admission into schools that are cheap and farther start date ( the schs have MOU with NDDC). Many of the schools also have jan start date.

In your case, photocopies of your docs are enuf to claim the scholarship letter. Just present proof of visa application to them.

NUEL needs to b fair to you. I don't blame him. Some people just get over-security conscious that it ruin good info sharing. NDDC cannot invite everyone. I hv 3 friends NDDC has invited already.

To be candid, there would be some people that won't get their message but will later win. In my time less than 60% got the msg. I guess that is unlikely name as computer was used to push the SMS as bulk unlike then when someone manually sent the SMS. We did complained about it. Probably why official NDDC platform was used now. Goodluck everyone

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 11, 2015
It can't be fake....
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by naonlyuwakacome: 12:57am On Sep 11, 2015
Please, did any PhD candidate get the sms for briefing If yes, which state? wink
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by naonlyuwakacome: 1:08am On Sep 11, 2015
oma22:
Sms for the briefing has been sent out. Congrats to successful candidates.

Please, was the sms both for MSc and PhD smiley? Or the PhD scholars are yet to be contacted lipsrsealed?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 1:13am On Sep 11, 2015
Baba na long story you write. They've released it. Simple and short and confirmed. I know two friends who got theirs, one on this thread and the other doesn't even know this thread exists baba.

Nuel1647:
Just seeing this now, read through every post, and still did not find any evedience, just claims and of course emotions, tensions, etc.
I hate to say this, but I don't think it's true - please this is a personal opinion. We should not even have to ask these so called invitees for any details before they give it to us. (so I'm not accepting anyone now).
Pls put your self in peoples shoes, let's assume we have all been waiting, why won't you help put people out of suspense, by giving full details from the onset?
Those that are not part of this, Forget about this scam, sleep well, do your normal activities and wake up on Tuesday, watch the news, in the evening. If there is nothing then your guess is as good as mine, If there is something, come back here to congratulate them. Congratulating people now or giving up now is simply premature.

In the mean time I suggest those that can should contact Godson.

from the first day when someone said within two weeks, then another said before Friday, with briefing on Tuesday, I started suspecting something.
who sent the SMS, where is d venue for the briefing, why on earth do you need Academic reference and Transcript for pre-depature briefing?

Let us move away from that, I don't want any details. Why would NDDC release the scholarship now, when they know that doing so will cause many scholars to pursue panic visas which can ruin their chances of eventually using the Scholarship?
If you had gotten your visa using your own money getting the scholarship letter now or in October makes no difference, so I still dont see any point, besides just a handful of scholars will have October resumption and even for this handful, a minimum balance of some amount they don't know has to have been in the bank for 28 working days.

So even if its ready now (which I seriously doubt) seeing its so late, I think what was done last years should have applied. Third week of October should be the earliest it should have been released, so that people can plan towards January with comfort.

I wish all of you Goodluck, However I also wish its not true, not because I hate my lovely scholars but because I don't want any of you to ruin your chances. However I beleive this is not true. whatever the case might be, I am not God neighter am I qualified to play God, and so it is GOD that knows best, not me.

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 1:18am On Sep 11, 2015
I really don't know and understand why you're being so negative and pessimistic. I said it last month that the list would be released this month. Baba chill naw.

Nuel1647:
But more importantly, we now know the venue and people can ask about its reservations tomorrow.
why is 2015 underlined in your text message, what would a text message that long even be sent.
Finally, you already have admission letter which you got using academic reference and Transcript, all you need is the damm scholarship letter to get your visa, so why are you asked to come with them, esp as some reference were submitted online and some schools sent transcripts directly to the foreign University. I went through thesame process last year.

I'm not beefing you, just giving people the courage and hope to wait till Tuesday for confirmation. so I will highlight any hole I see.

I know you people were all nice to each other n exchanged numbers during the interview, which opens up the possibility of this being a scam.
I didn't give anyone my number last year, flew in by 8 had my interview by 10, flew back by 12. So when I saw a message (even though I wasn't expecting one) I knew it was genuine.

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 1:20am On Sep 11, 2015
My dear you shouldn't have pasted the text they sent you!!! If they don't believe they should walk on their heads. Not getting it doesn't mean peeps should cast different shades of doubt on people who got it.

You get time sha.

OtseD:

Thanks.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by megaexpo: 2:42am On Sep 11, 2015
please was it only text message or did they send an email also?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by etisong: 6:21am On Sep 11, 2015
The message is real.Congrats to all awardees.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by emekaike(m): 6:50am On Sep 11, 2015
Are we still expecting SMS?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by oma22: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2015
The sms was sent to both MSc and PhD successful candidates.
naonlyuwakacome:

Please, was the sms both for MSc and PhD smiley? Or the PhD scholars are yet to be contacted lipsrsealed?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by platinuman(m): 7:11am On Sep 11, 2015
i contacted Godson and he said messages have been sent to all successful candidates. Please lets stop being negative and congratulate those that got the message. Good luck to everyone here.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by oma22: 7:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Students with admission for September 2015 would be assisted in getting another admission for January 2016 or May or September depending kn the school, thats why those they are asked to come with those documents. Successful candidates who do not have them can still come and pick up their letters on Tuesday.
Nuel1647:

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by EAmanni: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2015
Please may I have Godson's contact
platinuman:
i contacted Godson and he said messages have been sent to all successful candidates. Please lets stop being negative and congratulate those that got the message. Good luck to everyone here.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by EAmanni: 8:31am On Sep 11, 2015
How many people from Akwa-Ibom got the SMS?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by EAmanni: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2015
Please do you have anyone I can contact directly for more info. Thank you smiley
oma22:
Sms for the briefing has been sent out. Congrats to successful candidates.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Emasel(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2015
This is funny and ridiculous, I wonder the criteria NDDC used in their selection. It's strange none of my friends and I got this scholarship and we all did well in the CBT and interviews.

I had 40 in the CBT and answered 4 out of the 5 questions I was asked in my interview. I am also from one of the states with high quota in terms of oil production among the NDDC states.

Well, only they(NDDC) know the criteria they used in their selection.

From what I gathered from Godson this morning, all successful candidates have been contacted, so if you are yet to receive an invite, it's best you move on.

Congratulations to all the successful candidates who made the award list.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 11, 2015
Mayflowa:

I am just reluctant to speak but for the effort you have put in to convince people here the genuity of NDDC's SMS. I commend you. Every year, there are handful of people who doubt when the successful messages are sent out by NDDC.

I was a scholar last year. These SMSes are real. In my time and the year preceeding mine, the messages even came with ordinary number. Yours is even more official. The reason for asking you for transcripts and other documents is to help some scholars apply for fresh admissions. Remember many start dates are gone by already. NDDC has agents that can help you secure fast admission into schools that are cheap and farther start date ( the schs have MOU with NDDC). Many of the schools also have jan start date.

In your case, photocopies of your docs are enuf to claim the scholarship letter. Just present proof of visa application to them.

NUEL needs to b fair to you. I don't blame him. Some people just get over-security conscious that it ruin good info sharing. NDDC cannot invite everyone. I hv 3 friends NDDC has invited already.

To be candid, there would be some people that won't get their message but will later win. In my time less than 60% got the msg. I guess that is unlikely name as computer was used to push the SMS as bulk unlike then when someone manually sent the SMS. We did complained about it. Probably why official NDDC platform was used now. Goodluck everyone

Thank you very much. Please what about us going for sept 2015 and have paid part of the fees already. Will nddc send the money to our personal accounts?
And also last year was it at the briefing that you got your letter or did you have to go back another time to collect it? I also saw something about acceptance letter signed by guarantor on one of the previous threads and can someone submit acceptance letter and collect the scholarship letter on my behalf? Please any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.