Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon (4404 Views)

Without Buhari, Nigeria Would Have Packed Up By Now — Segun Oni / Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay / Nigeria Would Have Collapsed, If Jonathan Had Won — Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Wale112(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2015
New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central in the Central Region, Kennedy Agyepong fears Ghana would soon be annexed by Nigeria if the country does not take steps to safeguard her sovereignty.

The NPP Legislator said on Oman FM Thursday that his fear stems from the rampant mounting of billboards of Nigerian political contenders in the country.

This practice, he said is totally outrageous and urged the security agencies in the country to be up and doing by tearing down the advertisements as that is improper and inconsistent with international conventions.

Several billboards of Nigerian political contenders including President Goodluck Jonathan and his presidential contender, Buhari have sprang up in the capital with the excuse that it is a means of campaigning to reach Nigeria’s growing community in Ghana.

A senior Research Fellow at the Legon Centre for International Affairs and Diplomacy (LECIAD), Vladimir Antwi-Danso condemned this practice calling it a security threat.

The international relations expert told Adom News in an interview that since the relationship between some former leaders in Ghana and Nigeria are not too warm, allowing the mounting of the billboards could have dire consequences, not just on the international scene but in local politics.

But the Executive Secretary of the Advertising Association of Ghana, Francis Dadzie insisted mounting the billboards does not flout any law.

He also said they do not pose any security threat as intimated by Dr. Antwi Danso.

The NPP Legislator commenting on this termed it as inappropriate and cited practices in various Western countries to buttress his point.

“Do you know how many Canadians live in the USA and vice versa, but no one goes to mount billboards in each of the countries during their internal political contests…what of Belgium and France, yet it is never done…,” he said.

Thus to him, the National Security of Ghana must be up and doing about this high level of ‘impunity.’

The Billboards advertising the political messages of Nigerian political opponents are on the N1 highway and at the Silver Star Junction on the Airport road.

http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2015/January-23rd/nigeria-would-annex-ghana-soon-ifken-agyepong.php?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2015
very funny
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:49am On Jan 23, 2015
Inferiority complex na ni

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by francizy(m): 9:52am On Jan 23, 2015
Why are we this troublesome? If they start arresting the posters, they will be tagged mean! Wetin concern Ghana with Nigeria? Why can't these our senseless and clueless politicians keep the politics in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Wale112(m): 9:57am On Jan 23, 2015
francizy:
Why are we this troublesome? If they start arresting the posters, they will be tagged mean! Wetin concern Ghana with Nigeria? Why can't these our senseless and clueless politicians keep the politics in Nigeria.

Nigerians love to show themselves everywhere

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Wale112(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2015
“Do you know how many Canadians live in the USA and vice versa, but no one goes to mount billboards in each of the countries during their internal political contests…what of Belgium and France, yet it is never done…,”

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Tolexander: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2015
Political billboard in other countries is an act to disrespect the sovereignty of the countries!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by major466(m): 10:08am On Jan 23, 2015
Ghana is Nigeria 2.
Apologies to all Ghanians grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by fattybombom: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2015
major466:
Ghana is Nigeria 2.
Apologies to all Ghanians ; is this apology necessary? D grin grin
tongue[quote author=major466 post=30051960]
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2015
THIS IS VERY WRONG.U HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE BILLBOARDS OR POSTERS FOR AN ELECTION IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY.IT'S NOT LIKE THE GHANAIANS WILL VOTE ON FEB 14undecided

THE FUNNY THING IS THAT WHEN THE GHANA OFFICIALS START TEARING DOWN THE BILLBOARDS&POSTERS.WE WILL CLAIM THEY ARE JEALOUS OF US.WHEN IN ACTUAL FACT WE ARE THE ONES BREAKING THE RULESundecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2015
This is inappropriate, APC keep campaigning in Ghana while the election is to hold in Nigeria.

Ghanaian govt should bring down all the advert a ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2015
Meanwhile this means ghana doesn't have a formidable advertising regulatory body, such thing cannot strife in Nigeria when APCON is functional.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by iamord(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Inferiority complex na ni
where is the inferiority complex Is it a sensible move, the way the politics and pre election running is being Done in your country Is like some cheap joke

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by iamord(m): 10:58am On Jan 23, 2015
Wale112:

NPP will not tolerate such bs
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Tolexander: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
Meanwhile this means ghana doesn't have a formidable advertising regulatory body, such thing cannot strife in Nigeria when APCON is functional.
it 'may' strife if foreigners decided to engage in such act like our politicians are doing in Ghana. You can't really beat your chest with high degree of certainty that something will definitely work in this nation
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 23, 2015
Tolexander:
it 'may' strife if foreigners decided to engage in such act like our politicians are doing in Ghana. You can't really beat your chest with high degree of certainty that something will definitely work in this nation
I am in the advertising industry, I know what I am saying. No advertisement can stand the test of time without APCON or state advertising agency approval. Every structure must 1st be scrutinized and approved before erected, they take it serious because they get rates from each of these boards and any advert placed on them.

You can't even erect a billboard in Nigeria if you are not a member of APCON proffesional body.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by iamord(m): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
This is inappropriate, APC keep campaigning in Ghana while the election is to hold in Nigeria.

Ghanaian govt should bring down all the advert a ASAP.
PDP did the same thing, am sure it will be pulled down, there is Limit to things you can do in another land. Its stup1d that they gave them an inch.. Then they take a mile.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2015
iamord:
PDP did the same thing, am sure it will be pulled down, there is Limit to things you can do in another land. Its stup1d that they gave them an inch.. Then they take a mile.
yeah, you are right. Its very stvpid, I think its waste of resources too.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by iamord(m): 11:54am On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
yeah, you are right. Its very stvpid, I think its waste of resources too.
there should be another name for d politics being practiced in nigeria..cos you guys have created your own version
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Kenai: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2015
Ghana is the 37th state in Nigeria. I'm serious.
Welcome, my brothers. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Wale112(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
English was invented in England improved in Ghana Misunderstood in south Africa Corrupted in China and just murdered in Nigeria.True or false?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
iamord:
there should be another name for d politics being practiced in nigeria..cos you guys have created your own version
lol.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by londoner: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
Its not right, if they did not go through the right chnnels, although political parties do have chapters in other countries and do gather and recieve political candidates in foreign countries.

It all stems from the political race being staged in another country, ie, Ghana or Nigeria but is directly targeted to citizens domicilled outside.

They also demonstrate on the streets of countries, such as London etc.

I personally agree that posters is going a tat too far (and anti social), but I do remember, that Ghanaians and Nigerians have staged political rallies regarding their (home)political parties on the streets of London.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by francizy(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Wale112:

Really disheartening... But I found my self here so there's nothing I can do about it...
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by GHPATRIOT(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Daily Graphic:
The Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) has
begun to remove all Nigerian national election
campaign posters from vantage points in the
capital city.
Speaking to Graphic Online during the removal of
one such campaign posters near the Accra Mall,
the leader of the task force, Mr George Baba
Barikon, said they were acting on the orders of
National Security through the direction of the
AMA..
He said the task force under the advertising unit
of the AMA will be removing all sighted Nigerian
campaign posters in Accra .
Asked if the Accra Mayor knew about the
removal of the posters, he answered in the
affirmative.
When asked if this wouldn't compromise
diplomatic relationship between the two
countries, Mr Baba said he didn't know why the
National Security asked the AMA to remove it
and added that all queries should be directed to
National Security.
With Nigeria National elections due to begin next
month, many principal streets of Accra have
been inundated with campaign posters of
Presidential candidates of mainly the All
Progressive Congress (APC) and Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP ) political parties.

grin grin grin

@adamskutty, @iamord, @londoner, @customizef13, @kenai, @Tolexander, @Slidewaxie, @dhammyg, @fattybombom, @major466, @fancizy, @deathmachine, @gbawe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by GHPATRIOT(m): 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
"GHANA DOES NOT LOVE NKRUMAH, HE MUST GO"
iamord:
NPP will not tolerate such bs
0n the contrary, the first time I saw a Nigerian political poster was during obj's second term campaign under Kufuor. You think the npp which is an offshoot of danquah busia(gang of selfish unpatriotic **** who gave Nkrumah hell, do you know they went on a demonstration in Britain so as the Gold Coast won't be granted independence because Nkrumah was going to win?) are a bunch of angels? look at the pics below, 1963 and 2015, former was In Britain, whilst the latter is about two days old in Germany during jdm's state visit. Something's never change. They believe that until they are ruling, no one deserves to rule.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:57am On Jan 24, 2015
GHPATRIOT:

@adamskutty, @iamord, @londoner, @customizef13, @kenai, @Tolexander, @Slidewaxie, @dhammyg, @fattybombom, @major466, @fancizy, @deathmachine, @gbawe.
dude, the joke was on Ghana...I wonder how they wld allow it to be mounted in th first place. My best conjecture will be that bcot the country is heading towards the drain economically, and they will need every dollars they make...

I wonder if another fight won't enruse, now that they will av to refund the fund remaining for the time left for the ad to be displayed... grin grin
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:01am On Jan 24, 2015
francizy:
I dnt knw u, but I see u're not making sense. You must have some real complex issue that makes you loose your common sense.

This billboards is not something anybody can just mount. The space will be bought right from the ministry of information whichever that handles such in Ghana. If they have refused, will it be forced there?

What is the big deal in reaching ur people up there? Is that not what we call "harnessing every possible channels of info"?

Even London wasn't complaining of Nigeria taking over when almost all London buses were advertised on..

Like u said, Ghana is just being affected by complex issue, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by musiwa94: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2015
angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by sCun: 7:06am On Jan 24, 2015
Nigerian Busybody too much. I wouldn't be comfortable with that either.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by sCun: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2015
musiwa94:
angry

The way it annex western Nigeria. The think that shock me the most is that you find some hypocrite denied that western Nigeria is a country. I am so shock.
Musiwa you are finished.
Re: Nigeria Would Annex Ghana Soon by Bifwoli: 7:17am On Jan 24, 2015
This is akin to seducing your partner in another man's house.

PDP and APC should keep their political hanky panky confined to Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Son Flaunts His Father's Loots / Mr President, Don't Sell Our Presidential Aircrafts / Finally, Buhari May Appear before ICC For Trial Over Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.