Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU (14875 Views)

Buhari Voted Against A Nigerian As OAU Sec Gen In 1985 / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? / Buhari Voted Against A Nigerian Becoming Oau Sec-gen In 1985 'cause Of Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Takara:

Ok, are u sying this issue was witnessed by only your Mr Uzoatu, and please give a mainstream media source i dont need names of obscure blogs as evidence

http://books.google.com.ng/books/about/The_OAU.html?id=DXPqZwEACAAJ&redir_esc=y

http://www.worldcat.org/title/oau-reality-or-fiction/oclc/703823347

YOUR LIES ARE INEFFECTIVE! I MUST OPEN THAT YANSH TODAY!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by chamboy(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Pdp/fg has soon us, dey dont care about national issues anymore... it's buhari dis buhari dat

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by BlackTechnology: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
grin

Buhari is in a very hot soup

His past will be exposed

Nothing as good as clean hands free of hypocrisy

SW RONU grin

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
i dnt rili give a Bleep abt who wins n who dosnt, bt can dis TYRAN in d person of GMB defend himself on dis n tell us why we shld trust dat he wunt do even worse. i think d devil we knw is far much beta dan a porported repented LUSIFA.
.......quote me n die of EPILEPSY

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Takara: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
rickkid:

http://books.google.com.ng/books/about/The_OAU.html?id=DXPqZwEACAAJ&redir_esc=y

http://www.worldcat.org/title/oau-reality-or-fiction/oclc/703823347

YOUR LIES ARE INEFFECTIVE! I MUST OPEN THAT YANSH TODAY!!!!

Do you have a problem with comprehension? Apart from the author of this who else is aware of this story. Or are u saying a national issue as big as this will happen and only one person witnessed and recorded it? All the sources you provided led to one person Mr Daggash,
Now do u understand the import of the above?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Duru1:
Yet most Nigerians still ask why is Nigeria in disarray. It is because Nigerians had allowed patented foreigners from Niger Republic or Chad or Cameroon such as Muhammed Buhari to lead the country.
Gull, each time I read the comments of Eziachi, a man roughly the same age with you, I pity you and imagine the type of Nigeria you would want to bequeth to your grandchildren.
Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by taharqa: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
But Dr Peter Onu was kworrupt na WHILE the fulani man from Niger, Idi Omaro, was not kworrupt gan.

And you know that our ever blameless General cannot support Kworrupsion sam sam

wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by KwoiZabo(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
If Buhari is the only candidate for president, I will burn my PVC

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by taharqa: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
I need to go find out more about this sha

But if it is true...

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by MansaMoussa: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
I don see say Buhari go lose this election!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
Takara:

Do you have a problem with comprehension? Apart from the author of this who else is aware of this story. Or are u saying a national issue as big as this will happen and only one person witnessed and recorded it? All the sources you provided led to one person Mr Daggash,
Now do u understand the import of the above?

LMAO WHEN YOU'RE IN A HOLE, STOP DIGGING!!! THE SECRET IS OUT OF THE BAG!! EVEN SOUTH AFRICANS KNOW THAT YOUR GENERAL INTEGRITY IS A SIMPLE TRIBALIST AND ETHNORELIGIOUS CHAUVINIST.

19TH AU Assembly: Pitting Nigeria against South Africa

...We should use the entire arsenal at our disposal to check any infraction by Dr Dlamini-Zuma, especially in respect of long-standing decisions taken by AU. In a press conference a day to the election, Dr Zuma surprisingly repeated the false statement disseminated earlier by the South African press, that Dr Peter Onu of Nigeria was Secretary-General of OAU for two years, therefore, South Africa would not be the first to violate the “unwritten rule”.

I could not believe that would come from her, and I just wondered whether she was being deliberately dishonest, or simply gullible. Well, just for the records: When Dr Edem Kodjo vacated his seat as Secretary-General and the OAU could not elect a successor, Dr Peter Onu, as the most senior official was asked to head the OAU Secretariat as Acting Secretary-General from 1983-1985. Indeed, in 1985 when a new Secretary-General was to be elected, several countries requested Nigeria to nominate Dr Onu to run for the election, but General Buhari refused. Ironically, when Edi Oumarou, who came from a town in Niger less than 100 kilometres from Daura, Buhari’s hometown was elected, there were innuendos from some Nigerian papers. It was, therefore, not correct to allege that a Nigerian had once been the Secretary-General of the OAU.

The AU is more than any country in Africa, and Nigeria’s historic commitment to the Union should not be diluted by anything. However, Nigeria’s annual assessed contribution of $16 Million to the AU should no longer be taken for granted. Crudely put, we must insist on value for our money.

Even more urgent now, the recommendations of the Obasanjo-led High-Level Panel on Alternative Sources of Financing the AU, should be looked into more critically by Nigeria. The burden of three areas of raising additional funds for the AU recommended by the Panel – tax on Petroleum Products; Cell Phone SMS; and Air Tickets – would fall more on Nigeria than any other African country.

It is now up to Dr Dlamini-Zuma to show to Nigeria that she is more an African than South African. If she does, she can be sure of Nigeria’s cooperation in spite of the manner of her election.

http://www.safpi.org/news/article/2012/19th-au-assembly-pitting-nigeria-against-south-africa
[size=38pt]BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

cc Taharqa

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by ogazi007(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
APC are addressing real issues and asking the ruling party important questions while PDP keeps attacking the personality of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
ogazi007:
APC are addressing real issues and asking the ruling party important questions while PDP keeps attacking the personality of Buhari.
So wanting to find out if your messiah values Nigeria's interests over Fulani Muslim interests is "attacking the personality of Buhari"?
Are you literate at all

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nctrice(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
ichidodo:
No, they aren't blind but ignorant...if you want to hide anything from a black man just put inside a book.Gbam
maybe! But it's quite appalling when one is ignorant and lack common sense at the same time!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by nicklaus40: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Oh! U are very much welcome. We've been expecting the news propaganda. Next pls. GMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Bigcake: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
adamskutty:
Lies from the pit of hell.

Infact this propaganda go ginger me vote for buhari wella. grin
A vote from a leprosy finger doesnt count... I guess you are below 20yrs hence you lack the historical recipe to argue and back up your views..

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
nicklaus40:
Oh! U are very much welcome. We've been expecting the news propaganda. Next pls. GMB/PYO

LOL that's your tactic for trying to sweep it under the carpet abi? grin grin grin

This one, I go match you. Every lie you tell, I will have the truth to counter it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Nctrice(m): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
ogazi007:
for crying out loud what issue would the ruling party discuss with the APC, Buhari is the APC and the ruling party is doing just fine taking up issue with the ethno-religious bigot!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by gratiaeo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Buhari's sin is too many

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by nellyjohn: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
It's quite obvious that buhari hates dis country except people in the north. How can someone who swore in 2011 when he lost to GEJ that he will make the nation ungovernable for him wants 2 be the president again? How can Buhari want 2 rule the same government that he never obeyed or supported and is always against? Let's all think and vote wisely.
Let's support GEJ. Even if he has not really done well, but let's give him a second chance and remember, the devil u knw is beter than d angel u don't knw.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by taharqa: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
So it's true....

Let me say what I haven't said b4:

buhari is a very dangerous person, esp cos he is just so self-involved and unpredictable.

@richkid, tanks much

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by jdilight(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
rickkid:

http://theunion.com.ng/buhari-the-leader-who-defeated-his-nation/

And he is telling us he love this country. where is the love? Vote Goodluck, the president who has stood with us: the youth, the women, the men at all time.

We don't need a change to the past, we need a continuation of the progress already made.

VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN

VOTE PDP

VOTE NIGERIA.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by D9ty7(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Me I don't understand. What was the voting exercise based on?
Choice or competence? Does it mean that Buhari voting for a man from Niger shows him as a tribalist?
Someone please enlighten me.
And if you want to curse me, use a different curse and not the normal one you use on Buhari's supporters cos I am not his supporter.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by bakila: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Takara:

Ok, are u saying this issue was witnessed by only the author you quoted?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Onu,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_General_of_the_Organisation_of_African_Unity
The man was acting Secretary General of OAU when Buhari was Head of State, the Nigerien was elected in 1985 after Buhari.
Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by tempest01(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
otipoju:
It seems you people Dont get it...Buhari is a tool in the hands of Nigerians..

We will use him to fight corruption and after that get a young leader to usher us into a modern Nigeria.

This is the most sensible post I've seen through all the apc campaign posts....

Devoid of Jonathan's bashing, and buharis high praises and clearly stating what is

1 Like

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Longeria(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
dayo23:
Another PDP propaganda! Una no dey tire ni? Rubbish party and followers! Lie lie people.
Sharaaaaaaaap, it's true.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Longeria(m): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
adamskutty:
Lies from the pit of hell.

Infact this propaganda go ginger me vote for buhari wella. grin
As enemy of progress you are.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Longeria(m): 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
otipoju:

We will use him to fight corruption and after that get a young leader to usher us into a modern Nigeria.
We nigerians don't want him. Period.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Longeria(m): 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Iamsynord:
And So what ? How many of you so called " Patriotic nigerisns " wouldn't betray the country for s meagre 50 000 dollars ??
Political post should not be about tribe, nation or religious alliance...Buhari chose who he thought his the best man for d job..shikena.
APC ..power..APC ..change ApC come 2015
You're as useless as Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Kororugged: 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
@ Mods, what are you waiting for?

This is another anti-Buhari thread. Why is it not on the front page?
Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Arosa(m): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
otipoju:

Goodluck with that. 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU by Longeria(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
vatoslocos:
The publication titled, OAU: Reality or Fiction is by itself Fictitious. It is non existent.
It happened when AU was OAU, it's true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Staff Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Niger / Man Names His Baby After Suzette Wike After Being Helped By The Governor / Enugu Govt Fixes Agbalenyi/Enugu-Onitsha Link Road, Agbani General Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.