Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals (23437 Views)

President Buhari May Return Next Week; Sahara Reporters / APC Reacts To Election Shift, Says It's “Highly Provocative” / Poll Shift May Return Military Rule —ex-generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by kindnyce(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
THOSE WHO HAVE EAR SHOULD LISTEN....

SHIKENA

GMB FEBUHARI 14
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by sulmeza(m): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Pls go try the next user. I'm not in for craps.
Peace tongue
wana be acting so kul huh?...dnt av ur tym..dne wit u
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
sulmeza:
wana be acting so kul huh?...dnt av ur tym..dne wit u

Ntooooor! tongue
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
ChristineC:

This is not a movie, this bloody civilian president is very fortified and all his security formation are very knit and run intels. You think he's not looked into every pocket of eventuality, think again.

Jonathan has not even indicated any postponement, I wonder where all these powerless retirees are getting lubrications from.
The NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki said it should be postponed because of the distribution of PVCs that has not gone round.
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by omolami: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Brig Ayosele Ojo you lied because your time has passed. It is people like you that are nursing d idea and i must let you know that you will fail bec those you intend to use to topple d govt will not accept. In your time that is what yu do but now we have more educated and loyal officers and soldiers. They will let democracy riun its course till we are stable. It is suppose to a learning process before we mature democratically. Your idea of coup is inherent in what you are nursing. I advise d govt to put its searchlite on you

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Orikinla(m): 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
[size=18pt]I pity those who have plunged themselves into the whirlpool of this political warfare, because from all indications they are totally ignorant of what the battle is all about.
And only fools are willing pawns in the battlefield.

Those who would rather die than see their new godfather President Goodluck Jonathan lose the presidential election are the following:

1. Greedy oil block owners who don't want to lose their oil blocks in 2015.

2. Desperate and greedy Niger Delta militants who have cornered the multimillion dollar Amnesty deal contracts enriching themselves while the majority of their people are still suffering in abject poverty in the Niger Delta, but these warlords are still engaged in the do or die illegal oil export in the Togo Triangle where stolen crude oil is sold in the black market with dollars and illegal arms exchanging hands every day.
Many of them have major stakes in refineries outside Nigeria and the cartel makes sure that the refineries in Nigeria are malfunctioning so that they will continue to make billions of dollars from their economic sabotage of Nigeria and also shareholders in the fuel subsidy contracts.

If they are using their ill gotten money to develop their communities in the creeks and improve the lives of their poor masses, it would have been good, but they prefer to continue to cheat and exploit their poor and powerless fellow Nigerians in the Niger Delta for their megalomaniac competitions and ego trips.

3. The evil and greedy criminals actively engaged in the multimillion dollar illegal drug and human trafficking business.
See Illegal cocaine trade via West Africa
Cocaine produced in Colombia and Bolivia increasingly has been shipped via West Africa (especially in Cape Verde, Mali, Benin, Togo, Nigeria, Cameroon, Guinea-Bissau and Ghana).[32] The money is often laundered in countries such as Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_drug_trade

4. Evil and greedy PDP government contractors who don't want their multimillion dollar contracts to be terminated in 2015.
A government contractor who got a bogus million dollar contract disclosed how the sharing formula included a minister and the presidency.

5. Greedy political jobbers in the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) and allies who want the elections to be postponed to extend their presidential campaign contracts.

"They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no head; it will produce no flour. Were it to yield grain, foreigners would swallow it up."
◄ Hosea 8:7 ►[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by AreaFada2: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bifwoli:
Birds of feather always flock to the fear a man with coup in his past.

The retired generals know something's cooking behind GMB's campaign.

IBB & co are always on coup mode.

If 9ja is still talking of coup in 2015, then we haven't evolved beyond stone age. The same military who destroyed the country?

Just because they're beefing an ethnic minority president, to get Hausa back to power via coup.

They are also codedly saying Hausa-Fulani must return to power or there will be coup.

People should remember: 99% of those who justified overthrow of Shagari hoping to get to power NEVER got to any power. Some died only years later. Some went to prison our house arrest.

I can still hear the echo of respected civilian statesmen justifying that coup. But it only plunged us into more coup, coup attempts, SAP, cancelled poll result, Abacha saga, death of Gen. Yar'Adua, MKO etc.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2015
The signs and signals are clear now. Before the politicians throw the whole country into chaos with their dangerous politrics and killing of innocent citizens, the Army will do the needful. Don't trust all this ex service men.

We don't want military take over...waking up to hear national anthem and a speech like this will be a huge set back.

Good Morning, Fellow Nigerians, We have decided to take charge of the leadership of this great country. We cannot continue to watch as the resources of our great nation is being squandered by the so called elites. Our duty is to protect the sovereignty of our great nation, for this reason...we have taken over to instill discipline, ensure law and order. There shall be no sacred cow, all ministers and DG should hand over to perm secs. The National Assembly, house of rep is hereby dissolved. The federal executive council is hereby dissolved. Election campaign, party activities is here by abrogated. We shall address the nation in due course and advice all citizenry to go about their normal duty. In the main time, there will be curfew from 6am-6pm. Thank you. God bless Fed. Rep of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
WORD!!! No clueless kleptos can stop #feBUHARI 14!
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by AmbOlaoye1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
we cannot afford to shift the election because it will furhter make the tension tensed.
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by annibro(f): 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
barcanista:
The election should not be postponed for any reason. The government should work with iNEC to see how to get unclaimed PVCs to their owners. However, it must not attempt to disrupt Jega's program. Election must hold! This is final..

But how is dis possible? D average nigerian likes last minute approach. Evryone is tinking of going wen d queue reduces. Moreso,some pipu ve relocated & feeling reluctant 2 go 2 place of registratn just 2 collect PVC. Also some already know they won't vote as dey plan 2 leave dir abode b4 den esp southerners in d north due 2 fear of d unknown. Some obviously ve died & some displaced. So its imposible 4 evryone 2 collect PVC.

BTW: in 2011, Cpc had about 12M votes, ACN 2M, PDP about 22M, others about 2M. Evertin was not up to 39M. So if as at yesterday INEC says more dan 50M has already collected, is dat not enough 2 conduct an election?
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Kposkila: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=LRNZH post=30108787][/quote]it shud hold, after dem don deny me feb 14th as my proposed wedding date!
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
annibro:

But how is dis possible? D average nigerian likes last minute approach. Evryone is tinking of going wen d queue reduces. Moreso,some pipu ve relocated & feeling reluctant 2 go 2 place of registratn just 2 collect PVC. Also some already know they won't vote as dey plan 2 leave dir abode b4 den esp southerners in d north due 2 fear of d unknown. Some obviously ve died & some displaced. So its imposible 4 evryone 2 collect PVC.

BTW: in 2011, Cpc had 12M votes, ACN 1M, PDP about 24M, others mayb 4M. Evertin was not more dan 40M. So if as at yesterday INEC says more dan 50M has already collected, is dat not enough 2 conduct an election?
What I'm saying is that INEC should do within their power to make it easier for people to collect their PVC. However, whether people claim the unclaimed PVCs or not, election must hold on Feb 14. I trust Jega, he's a man of his word.
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
Let them shift the election na,I want that coup.
These our politicians are crazy and unintelligent bunch of thugs.
Every crisis starts with crazy ideas as initiated by Mr. Tunde Bakare who wanted the election postponed for 6 more months in the last December.
That's how June 12th election was annulled because of some drug induced crazy ideology.
Wish Nigeria can learn from previous mistakes.
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
omenka:
Jonathan is simply wasting his time. Nobody is gonna shift any election. He can't do that unilaterally and I don't see the NASS backing such plans when we have APC as majority in the HoR. Besides, on what grounds is he gonna call for postponement, that he isn't prepared yet

#Desperado.
...on the basis that he is not prepared for the election...
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by annibro(f): 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
barcanista:
What I'm saying is that INEC should do within their power to make it easier for people to collect their PVC. However, whether people claim the unclaimed PVCs or not, election must hold on Feb 14. I trust Jega, he's a man of his word.

My bros no vex. Am not faulting u. Am just pissed about d reasons FG is putting up. Wat u said actually made sense & I tink INEC ve further decentralised collection centres according 2 Jega.
It'll be well... GMB all d way!
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
annibro:

My bros no vex. Am not faulting u. Am just pissed about d reasons FG is putting up. Wat u said actually made sense & I tink INEC ve further decentralised collection centres according 2 Jega.
It'll be well... GMB all d way!
the FG is only looking for a Cheap way out. Jonathan will not mind to postpone the election till 2019.lol... It wl hold anyway!
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Let him that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying. These men are obviously tellin us what might happen if the election is postponed
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by bobo65(m): 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
omolami:
Brig Ayosele Ojo you lied because your time has passed. It is people like you that are nursing d idea and i must let you know that you will fail bec those you intend to use to topple d govt will not accept. In your time that is what yu do but now we have more educated and loyal officers and soldiers. They will let democracy riun its course till we are stable. It is suppose to a learning process before we mature democratically. Your idea of coup is inherent in what you are nursing. I advise d gtovt to put its searchlite on you

Only animals and illiterates use voilence to take everything
I support u bro
nigerians are more civilized now
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
There is absolutely no need to postpone the election because we're sending the Hausa/Fulani feudal representative back to Daura. #saynotobuhari............#saynotojihad........... #saynotobackwardness.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
He should shut the f**k up and fight Boko Haram. Bunch of uneducated military idiots who ruined that nation through dictatorship. This is not decade past. Somebody should send that man to jail for trying to meddle in democratic affair.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by Abraham2013(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is just being greedy and desperate - the Presidency is not his father's property.

Nigerians are done with him. Jonathan start packing!
Is it buhari's father's property?
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by UTEWUOJO: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
PDP is always looking 4 a way 2 rigg dis election but #dem no reach. First, Buhari is sick, secondly Buhari has no certificate, after losing blatantly, dey dont know what 2 do, dey are now saying dat dey want 2 postpone election so dat de tenure of Jega would expire so dat thier candidate will take over 2 rigg election 4 dem.
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by pacesetter939: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2015
eightsin:

Sir, how is he being greedy? Did he ask it to be shifted to 2015? It's still within the election year. I for one don't even want it shifted but let's not let hate blind us from reasoning
Do you know/recall the circumstances that surrounded the annulment of the June 12 presidential election?
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by eightsin(m): 12:22am On Jan 26, 2015
pacesetter939:

Do you know/recall the circumstances that surrounded the annulment off the June 12 presidential election?

Yes I do sir and it has nothing to do with postponement of election.
Re: 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals by organic973: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
But please I want to ask is God almighty an author of confusion? NO! How can one shepherding God's flock go into leadership position. Am thinking was he actually CALLED? Is he actually born again? Because I know very well and understand that CHURCH LEADERSHIP is different from POLITICAL LEADERSHIP. I sincerely doubt the claim integrity osibanjo knowing that if God calls anyone it's forever unless he himself dismisses the person. And he is proposing to bring change in Nigeria. So osibanjo may or can boldly tell us if God has dismissed him from pastoral work because he can't work effectively in pastoral work and as a vice president. I see this a conflicting issue.
It's a personal observation so I need no abuses or harsh replies.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of some of the 111 Roads Being Worked Upon By Obiano / IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks / Buhari’s Aides Tense Over Babachir, Oke Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.