Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! (31443 Views)

Breaking News: Maiduguri Is Not Under Attack. / Oby Ezekwesisli Tongue Lashes GEJ - Says His Visit To Maiduguri Is Total Deceit / GEJ Visit Of Maiduguri Is Hypocrisy And Election Gimmickery! It Will Not Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Deepfreezer(m): 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=Uncletony post=30119105]Tell buhari to call his boyz to order!. Meanwhile we can't be blackmail by their activities. GEJ/sambo all the way!. Terorist attack are every where,it is just dat d northern leaders are supporting dey to wrestle power 4rm GEJ. But dat will be impossible as we MEND are ready not EX mend but d new MEND[/ququo1000 shouts out to ur comment. If they like let em burn every living thing in the north .

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by staph69(f): 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
obicentlis:
Some one has already opened thread about this attack since morning and the mod didn't move his thread to fp. I don't know criteria for moving thread on fb but I personally think the person handling this is not fair.

Btw, we need a change so that we try something different. With gej beyond 2015, bh will take over Nigeria one day.
Im also interested in knowing the criteria for FP. mods are been biased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Horus(m): 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBMu99Y9R1I

[size=15pt]Nigerian Soldiers talk to CNN on Boko Haram fight[/size]

Some Nigerian soldiers have spoken to CNN and they claimed that they are being outgunned by Boko Haram and that they had to buy their combat kit themselves, pay their medical bills themselves and that the morale of the troops is currently very low.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Deepfreezer(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
charlycharles:
cowards! cowards!! cowards!!!
y did u hav to wait until
GEJ leave n u start killing innocent helpless people. if shekau is a man he wud hav come n face GEJ man to man. kanuris n bokoharam including dia blood sucking master GMB ar cowards. Nigeria is a sham, i believe in Biafra.
I'm tired of my Nigerian passport.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Deepfreezer(m): 3:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBMu99Y9R1I

[size=15pt]Nigerian Soldiers talk to CNN on Boko Haram fight[/size]

Some Nigerian soldiers have spoken to CNN and they claimed that they are being outgunned by Boko Haram and that they had to buy their combat kit themselves, pay their medical bills themselves and that the morale of the troops is currently very low.
liars. Even the NYSC uniform is free. The idiot soldier that gave the interview to CNN is a core northerner. Book Haram sympathizer. Buhari supporter.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by phlamesG: 3:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
BH av brought sorrow,tears and blood to dis great nation,they want to turn dis country into a state of chaos,anarchy and doom but d MOST HIGH GOD will neva allow it.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by skyra: 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
blacknp:
True there are presidents made for every season if it takes an Hausa(fulani)to stop boko haram so be it because jonathan has not been able to halt it in 4 years we need a person with military experience to engage with the generals in the war on terror you might as well give the next man a chance. Buhari is a Nigerian Military General and a former president of the republic that is no joke(buhari has as much if not more military expertis than the national security adviser col. Dasuki and minister of defence gen.gusau combined)so we can only build on buharis knowledge. Anybody know the story of Charles De Gaullee go research we need a war time president because Nigeria is at war, if you want to have any hope of ending the boko haram insurgency Buhari is a far better choice it is a balancing act the fear of jonathan losing the general elections might ignite tensions in the niger delta which wont be too bad right about now since the price of crude is at an all time low some destructions of activities in the nigerian oil sector will be a big plus to push up the price of oil in the international market so basically the niger deltans have nothing to hold nigeria to ransome anymore,it's'in Nigeria and Opec nations favour that jonathan loses the 2015 general elections just my own opinion.
clap for yourself and continue; it is thoughts like this that is sustaining BH
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Reference(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
LRNZH:
Edit: Update: Maiduguri is currently under partial attack!

We are receiving disturbing reports that Boko Haram armies are headed for Maiduguri, capital of Borno state.

A message from a security officer read “Salam.We just got a report that Book haram will strike Maiduguri tonight. Pls wake up n pray with ur family now. May Allah save us all.”

In the early hours of Saturday, Boko Haram terrorists erased Kambari village, killing 15 citizens and the village head.

Kambari village is just 5 kilometers from Maiduguri. The terrorists are believed to be possibly headed to the capital via this route after the many unsuccessful attempts via Konduga.
The terrorists made several unsuccessful attempts on the capital which were thwarted in fierce combats by the Nigerian army and Civilian JTF at Konduga. In one such attack, a Boko Haram leader, “Shekau” double was killed by the Nigerian army.

Nigeria’s president just concluded a visit to Maiduguri in which he had hundreds of soldiers deployed for his protection. It is hoped that these soldiers are still in the capital and will be part of the defense against Boko Haram’s invasion.

Distressingly, Boko Haram burned down the Kambari village while hundreds of troops were stationed in the capital to secure the president of Nigeria’s re-election campaign barely 5 kilometers away.

The terrorists amassed serious weapons, armored tanks and personnel carriers and communications equipment in their successful raid on Bama barracks early January in an attack that saw them kill over 2500 defenseless civilians.

The terrorists have visibly been more aggressive ahead of the February elections. It is perceived that they are eager to make as much gains as they can before a change in administration to a General Buhari government that is expected to be intolerable of their carnage.

Our calls to corroborate this information rang out.
More as we get it…

http://newsrescue.com/breaking-report-boko-haram-armies-heading-maiduguri/#ixzz3PoQBKsur

What kind of rubbish news is this. And to cap it all you say they are 'making gains ahead of a possible change in administration to one less tolerable of their actions.'.

Are you a child or one with poor reasoning. Is a change of government going to change the capabilities of the armed forces. Is the Army now Jonathan's Army and the one you await, Buhari's Army. We know of numerous attempts to politicise, sectionalise and tribalise the armed forces but you divisionary tactics cannot and will not work. Go look for some other ignorants to feed tales as you continue your propaganda against your country and its security forces. One day you will come face to face with what you wish for this country.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Objektive: 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
WHEN FAILBUHARI WENT TO BORNO, HE MADE SURE HIS BOKO BOYS WERE CALLED TO ORDER. NOW THEY ARE PREPARED TO ATTACK IN ADVANCE. DESTRUCTION IS CHEAP...........................VERY CHEAP MY BROTHER. AS THEY ARE DESTROYING THE POPULATION THEY HAVE SO WILL WE DESTROY 100% OF OUR OIL...........TIME SHALL TELL.

pheliciti:
The soldiers are only available to protect Jonathan, not the people. See the bad luck he brought on them by his visit? When he left, he gave them sorrow, tears, blood and death. It's a shame
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by deletrue: 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
LRNZH:
Edit: Update: Maiduguri is currently under partial attack!

We are receiving disturbing reports that Boko Haram armies are headed for Maiduguri, capital of Borno state.

A message from a security officer read “Salam.We just got a report that Book haram will strike Maiduguri tonight. Pls wake up n pray with ur family now. May Allah save us all.”

In the early hours of Saturday, Boko Haram terrorists erased Kambari village, killing 15 citizens and the village head.

Kambari village is just 5 kilometers from Maiduguri. The terrorists are believed to be possibly headed to the capital via this route after the many unsuccessful attempts via Konduga.
The terrorists made several unsuccessful attempts on the capital which were thwarted in fierce combats by the Nigerian army and Civilian JTF at Konduga. In one such attack, a Boko Haram leader, “Shekau” double was killed by the Nigerian army.

Nigeria’s president just concluded a visit to Maiduguri in which he had hundreds of soldiers deployed for his protection. It is hoped that these soldiers are still in the capital and will be part of the defense against Boko Haram’s invasion.

Distressingly, Boko Haram burned down the Kambari village while hundreds of troops were stationed in the capital to secure the president of Nigeria’s re-election campaign barely 5 kilometers away.

The terrorists amassed serious weapons, armored tanks and personnel carriers and communications equipment in their successful raid on Bama barracks early January in an attack that saw them kill over 2500 defenseless civilians.

The terrorists have visibly been more aggressive ahead of the February elections. It is perceived that they are eager to make as much gains as they can before a change in administration to a General Buhari government that is expected to be intolerable of their carnage.

Our calls to corroborate this information rang out.
More as we get it…

http://newsrescue.com/breaking-report-boko-haram-armies-heading-maiduguri/#ixzz3PoQBKsur
na una sabi. Come Feb, no stoping. GEJ till 2019
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by deletrue: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
LRNZH:

They can.
Only a blind bat won't decipher BH tactics in the past couple of months. They have been attacking towns in Gombe and Yobe in a bid to encircle Maiduguri.

They look like they're succeeding so far. Maiduguri will fall unless the Nigeria Forces change their approach of just trying to hold positions.
then who cares if that is what you praying for?
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by GentleGina(f): 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
obicentlis:
Some one has already opened thread about this attack since morning and the mod didn't move his thread to fp. I don't know criteria for moving thread on fb but I personally think the person handling this is not fair.

Btw, we need a change so that we try something different. With gej beyond 2015, bh will take over Nigeria one day.
post something that favours GEJ and you will see the speed with which it will be taken to the front page. The actions/inactions of the mods on nairaland calls for great concern. Abi transformation agenda don "settle" them?

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by pheliciti: 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
babestella:

You are as r-etard--ed as your comment. you should be ashamed of yourself. Rubbish. Respond and let thunder fire you. You heartless political e-rat using people's misfortune to play politics. Continue to blame GEJ and not think of why the insurgent is ever increasing in number that they can try to take over a whole town. Where are they all from?
I don't curse people so I can't be deterred by your curses. It shows rather that you've had a difficult upbringing when you reply discussions with abuse and curses. You can hardly unlearn things you imbibed early in life. Now to the main issue, there was massive security just yesterday followed by demobilisation after the campaign. Any person would tell you that the place was least protected and the people were less on their guard at that point. What happened afterwards could have been prevented had the army stayed around for longer. Ask this question, why was that massive deployment not available all year round despite the incessant attacks on the communities in Bornu? And to your question where the majority of the insurgents are from, does that make it right for the victims to be killed without protection from govt? So if tomorrow, OPC starts killing Yoruba people, the victims shd be left to their fate? You are probably more intelligent than looking at issues through primordial ethnic prisms. Quit letting your emotions overtake your expected intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Cima2real(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
This news is just a campaign for the opposition. The terrorist wants to gain more ground before the change of government. Mmmmm....tell that to the marines. Boko Haram is a Northern element. It will not determine who we vote come february.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
IbnSultaan:
BH can't over run maiduguri

Did your father wake up this morning?
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
aare07:
GEJ must go because he lacks the moral right to lead this country for another four years

My people, Vote wisely

moral right? explain that
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Horus(m): 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxPK6xdukQ

[size=15pt]Nigerian Army And Civilians Fleeing From Boko Haram[/size]
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by oloworulz(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
NO MAN CAN HIDE FROM HIS FEARS - SINCE DEY ARE PART OF HIM - THEY WILL ALWAYS KNOW HOW TO FIND HIM!

UNTIL GOODLOCK OTUOKE CLUELESS MOVE BACK TO HIS VILLAGE..THINGS WON'T CHANGE.

FeBUHARI WE ARE PATIENTLY WAITING SIR
baby, I wanna know ya. U got sexy name and a romantic look

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by jayseehe(m): 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
ilovecritics:

So it's PDP's fault?
I think so tongue
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by fallout87: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxPK6xdukQ

[size=15pt]Nigerian Army And Civilians Fleeing From Boko Haram[/size]

Is that something to celebrate with caps?

This is why I will always believe this Boko Haram is an instigation of Northern Elites from BOTH PDP and APC in order to force leadership back to Northern hands.

The Fulani and their 'born to rule' has considerably rotted Nigeria.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
This govt is incapable.

GMB kindly beg John Kerry for war planes and armoury to help u crush these bastards.

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Tibins(m): 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
pheliciti:
The soldiers are only available to protect Jonathan, not the people. See the bad luck he brought on them by his visit? When he left, he gave them sorrow, tears, blood and death. It's a shame

Guy. When will you stop this useless insunuation. Like every contestant, the President also has legitimate right to campaign anywhere in the country. These guys intensified operations towards the February elections. Govt is doing its best to overcome its challenge. This shows that the main crux is to terrorize citizens, kill, destroy, just to spite GEJ's govt. But you failed to realize that if past govts in this country had upgraded the Military in terms of all that are required to prosecute this war against the insurgents, it might not have escalated to this extent.
You were also in this country when govt firs resolved to tackle them head long. It was still people like you in our north that declared, it was war against the North.
And if you will tell yourself the truth, GEJ never intended a war against any of us in the North. Let's please not politicise any of these issues just to score a political point.
Thank you. We are meant to live as brothers, a family and watch out for one another.
Truth be told. Everyone that has ruled this nation had two terms. If GEJ desires a 2nd term, guy it's no big deal. That means the south would have had it for 16 years put together.
Then, when it comes to the North after 4years, the North can also rotate it among NW, NE, NC, etc; also for 16years. Again, if the North wants to start a new turn, they can still go the first 8years before nominating someone else from the South.

The only problem I see here is that some people want to be President at all cost, and want it in their life time. So they become desperate for Power. Hiding under the sloga that power MUST return to the North. This is not healthy for this country..... GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2015

Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by mtprofessor5(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
okpamson15:
[color=#990000][/color]kep the sapat day holy

J is for Jesus so its holy
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
babestella:

You are as r-etard--ed as your comment. you should be ashamed of yourself. Rubbish. Respond and let thunder fire you. You heartless political e-rat using people's misfortune to play politics. Continue to blame GEJ and not think of why the insurgent is ever increasing in number that they can try to take over a whole town. Where are they all from?
you are a bastard son of thousand fathers I tell you
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Tymax(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
Sparksfly:

I don't love him. undecided
I think he's a dunce and a coward.
That's harsh. He is a terrible president though.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by pheliciti: 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
icecalm:
The hatred of a man will take you no where. Nigeria being against itself is no new idea to the Psyche, the same mentality of our fathers' runs in our blood stream and this is one of the major reason we hardly become progressive.
The lack of political ideology is malignant to sayings, so be cautioned before saying gibberish.

all the GEJ till 2019.

I do not hate GEJ. I desperately wanted him to do well for Nigeria's sake. Love or follower ship should however not be masochistic or blind. What I hate is his nonchalance about the BH issue and the effect on the victims. I am thus tempted to belief OBJ's account below:
“I also found believable the statement allegedly credited to the president after both the Nyanya explosion and the Chibok school girls abduction to the effect that since some people in the North had said that they would make Nigeria ungovernable, they could keep on killing and abducting each other. Regardless, I do hope that the president did not say anything like this, because if he did it would amount to the height of callousness and insensitivity.
The actions and inaction stemming from the president not believing or accepting at first that those school girls were indeed abducted were appalling. Countries like Britain and the US, who offered to help with rescue efforts within the first twenty-four hours of the abduction, were told from our Ministry of Foreign Affairs that their help was not needed. It was only after eighteen days that the president sprang into some sort of action. Again, what a pity! Two foreign correspondents who had interacted with people very close to the president told me that those people remain unconvinced that any school girls were abducted. They believed that it was all a ploy to deny the president the opportunity to win the next election[…]”

Excerpt From: Obasanjo, Olusegun. “My Watch Volume 3.” Prestige (Kachifo Limited), 2014-11-22. iBooks.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by staph69(f): 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
Deepfreezer:
liars. Even the NYSC uniform is free. The idiot soldier that gave the interview to CNN is a core northerner. Book Haram sympathizer. Buhari supporter.
your not in the system dat is y ur saying bullshit. How I wish u ve a loved one in the army then you will know how they are feeling
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Last week the national security adviser said elections should not be held in north east for security reasons.

Jega insisted that elections will hold because the cities are relatively peaceful.

And now we here BH is attacking Maiduguri.What does this signify?

Well the fact is elections must hold in the north east
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
luvprince4real:
The attack has been on since early hours of today. It's not just happening. May God save the pple there. Jesus is d way, the truth and Life, accept Jesus, accept Peace. Shallom.
though respect your prayer, but a rap*st can't be accepted by me
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by emeka2847: 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
scribble:
Buhari be guided

So when Jona finished campaign rally in Maiduguri and Buhari is about to do his own, the sponsors issued command for them not to allow Buhari. And yet they tell us they don't know the sponsors.
Re: UPDATE: Maiduguri is Under Partial Attack! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nig needs a serious president asap! #CHANGE 2015!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Bridge Built By Okorocha Collapses In Owerri / Sokoto: Gang Up Against Tambuwal’s Plot To Return Through ‘back Door’ / Who Has A Better Campaign Strategy? Apc Or Pdp (see Pictures And Be The Judge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.