Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) (53950 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Break Ramadan Fast This Evening (Photos) / Tinubu, Amaechi Head To London To Fetch Buhari - ThisDay / APC Radio: Arrest & Question Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi; PDP Tells DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
Missy89:

Naija's oil is no longer needed. There is no point supporting a southerner that is ineffective in combating terrorism and corruption. That is why they are telling him in person to make sure he gets it. " DO NOT POSTPONE THE ELECTIONS, ACCEPT THE RESULT AND MAKE SURE IT IS FREE AND FAIR"

Honestly, they have never liked the guy. He has always been an outsider in the scheme of things, and he never helped his cause with how woeful he has performed thus far. Can't you see they have always avoided him like a rash? grin

Even with all the bombings, everything coming out of the west has always been more or less pro-North. Nigeria is a very complex country, and it has never been about the oil anyway.

Anyway, his time is up. cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by amnestylaw1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
Chai, see our incubent incoming president as he dey shine.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by mcdokwe(m): 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
sammyj:
Trust my incoming computer servy president, uploading images of his team meeting with American secretary of state. Its beat my deep imagination if the clueless Phd holder could even accessed his Histogram page without the aid of any of his Special this and PA's talk less of uploading images on it. Ride on TEAM GMB, Vote wise.

Click likes for GMB

Click share for PEG sorry GEJ
he has not won and your grammar and spellings are this terribly affected, I wonder what happens if he wins. But na for dream sha,

Failbuhari yet again
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by AfroBlue(m): 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
The Queen Mum has instructed her foreign minister and secretary of state to see to a peaceful voting season.

British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammon is working with Sec. Kerry

Lost in the shuffle is the reason for the visit.

Africa
Kerry in Nigeria to Warn Against Post-election Violence

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS JAN. 25, 2015, 9:23 A.M. E.S.T.

LAGOS, Nigeria — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is trying to encourage the main candidates in Nigeria's upcoming presidential vote to accept the results without the threat of post-election violence.

Kerry met first with President Goodluck Jonathan and planned to talk with former military dictator Muhammadu Buhari, the loser in the 2011 race, during his brief visit Sunday to Africa's most populous country.

The Feb. 14 election comes amid reports of killings and kidnappings carried out by Boko Haram, an al-Qaida-linked group that has seized large portions of northeast Nigeria and attacked civilians.

Last week, Boko Haram claimed responsibility for a massacre of hundreds of people in the town of Baga on the shores of Lake Chad.

In fierce fighting Sunday, Nigerian troops battled Islamic extremists who attacked Maiduguri, the biggest city in the northeast. Dozens of combatants have been killed and wounded, soldiers and hospital workers said.

Lagos, the country's commercial capital, is nearly 1,000 southwest of Maiduguri, the birthplace of Boko Haram that has been attacked many times in the long-running Islamic insurgency that killed 10,000 people last year.

Kerry intended to appeal to Jonathan and Buhari to instruct their supporters to refrain from violence, State Department officials said ahead of Kerry's trip.

Jonathan's disputed 2011 election victory triggered riots in the north that killed an estimated 800 people.

American diplomats have expressed concern about what could be a prolonged election.

Under Nigeria's election laws, a candidate must win more than 50 percent of the vote, as well as more than 25 percent of the vote in two-thirds of the states to avoid a runoff.

If no candidate wins by those margins, a runoff election would take place Feb. 28. If those margins still are not achieved, a third runoff would be held in a week, winnable by a simple majority.

Boko Haram was expected to be a main topic of Kerry's discussions. In a report last week, the Virginia-based Center for Naval Analyses, a federally funded research corporation, called the group a locally focused insurgency largely fueled by bad government.

"The conflict is being sustained by masses of unemployed youth who are susceptible to Boko Haram recruitment, an alienated and frightened northern population that refuses to cooperate with state security forces, and a governance vacuum that has allowed the emergence of militant sanctuaries in the northeast," the report said.

"The conflict is also being perpetuated by the Nigerian government, which has employed a heavy-handed, overwhelmingly (military) approach to dealing with the group and has paid little attention to the underlying contextual realities and root causes of the conflict," the report said. That view comports with the assessment of the U.S. intelligence agencies.

In December, Nigeria canceled the last stage of U.S. training of a Nigerian army battalion, a reflection of strained counterterrorism relations between the two governments.

In April 2014, Boko Haram kidnapped 270 schoolgirls from the northern town of Chibok, prompting international condemnation and a campaign to "Bring Back Our Girls." Most of the girls, however, have not been rescued.

Boko Haram has denounced democracy and is fighting to impose its strict version of Shariah law across Nigeria, whose population of about 170 million is divided almost equally between Muslims in the north and Christians in the south.

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nogen: 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
Eziachi:
If Kerry can manage with the Chinese and others, am sure he can manage with Buhari.

That's the difference. The Chinese don't pretend. They simply get him an interpreter while they speak their Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
Missy89:

He was in the NAVY and fought in Vietnam

I was gonna say this - you beat me to it.

You don't even need to look further than how hawkish he talks sometimes - he's the democrat version of John "Cyborg" McCain.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by cachal: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
Y is gmb wearing suckz

Wy is Queen Elizabeth wearing gloves?
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Eziachi: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kx:

Was JOHN KERRY once in the US Army?

Check out that physique and frame- even from a back view- for a 70 something year old man.

Poise, charisma, stamina and character all in one body.
Kerry was commanding a troop in Vietnam.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
jayseehe:
Behold the next Nigeria President.

We will make it happen come FeBUHARI

Buhari till 2023

I love that name "FeBUHARI"

I may not know much about Mr BUHARI,but I think he has got lot of class unlike Jonathan. That alone will get my vote. We all know all the leaders are lying but I just feel this guy is different.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Eziachi: 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
deejayterabyte:
grin i dont trust America angry
America will know.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by sammyj: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
That is your cup of tea my brother, embrace change and leave your slave clueless master grin
mcdokwe:
he has not won and your grammar and spellings are this terribly affected, I wonder what happens if he wins. But na for dream sha,

Failbuhari yet again

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by chibobo121: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:

Hausa is not our lingua franca unlike the countries you mentioned. Those languages are the official languages spoken and used in their respective countries. Grandpa Buhari needs an interpreter during the presidential debate . I'm 101 percent sure he won't get close to Aso rock.

u cant beliv im finding it dificult 2 understand ur own ascent but i didnt mind geting misef an interpretr. we need leader who delivers on d key needs of d nation not de ones dat speak cacophony

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by komek(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
John Kerry came all the way from the US to teach GMB and his supporters how to be civil in an election period. Kudos to Obama and his team.

How I wish they will learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nogen: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
chibobo121:

u cant beliv im finding it dificult 2 understand ur own ascent but i didnt mind geting misef an interpretr. we need leader who delivers on d key needs of d nation not de ones dat speak cacophony

Boy, go back to school. It's never too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by aresa: 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
#GMB#CHANGE is the most matured, sophisticated , most disciplined and well managed champaign in the history of Nigeria...

I welcome this #Change..

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by lolo4ril: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
Some ppl's coments are just to amuse themself, imagine someone searching d dictionary 4 kwaroption, just because GMB is having a meeting d us john kerry, its very unfortunate, and they claim to b educated.
God bless 9ja
Sai baba 4 real

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by tjmc: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
barcanista:
Our incoming President is a man of impeccable integrity and credibility. Respected by local and global leaders. May his government bring peace, progress, development, unity and Prosperity. God Bless Muhammadu Buhari!! God bless Nigerians
so a man dat produced a fake result is a man of integrity. Association of Progressive Criminals want to legalise corruption. Failed bandits. Fail-BUHARI 14
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by OsamaB: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
Missy89:
more pictures

No one is complaining about his socks on traditional abi
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by M17: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
barcanista:
Our incoming President is a man of impeccable integrity and credibility. Respected by local and global leaders. May his government bring peace, progress, development, unity and Prosperity. God Bless Muhammadu Buhari!! God bless Nigerians

KERRY WILL NEED AN INTERPRETER RIGHT ?
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:
[s]Hope they got Kerry an interpreter because he won't understand a word that comes out of his mouth. As a Nigerian, I'm still struggling to understand the meaning of kworupsion. Searched all my dictionaries and encyclopedias in futility. [/s]

Sometime I wonder where some people that post comment here comes from? Interpreter for Buhari? A former Head of state that have been meeting head of government!

A man that schooled in United States, Britain and India compare to local boy with all his education in the creek!

Again, talk to Oral English experts, the Hausa accent is the closest to the Europeans.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:
Hope they got Kerry an interpreter because he won't understand a word that comes out of his mouth. As a Nigerian, I'm still struggling to understand the meaning of kworupsion. Searched all my dictionaries and encyclopedias in futility.
funny that westerners understand the northerners accent better than that of we southerners.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by M17: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
barcanista:

KERRY WILL NEED AN INTERPRETER RIGHT ?

BUHARI CAN NOT SPEAK ENGLISH . HE CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE NIGERIA CORRECTLY .
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by tundeogunniran: 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
The U.S is open to the better aspirant with the better deal.they're always after their interest anytime anyday. I no know wetin do dat Obama sef wey no fit come sef visit us for once.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Namady(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:
Hope they got Kerry an interpreter because he won't understand a word that comes out of his mouth. As a Nigerian, I'm still struggling to understand the meaning of kworupsion. Searched all my dictionaries and encyclopedias in futility.
check am well... U fit see "chai diaris God ooo"
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by hansad: 6:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
OMG, Why is it that Gov. Rotimi Amaechi always look sad? Seems he does not truly believe in what he is doing.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Eziachi: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:

That's the difference. The Chinese don't pretend. They simply get him an interpreter while they speak their Chinese.
Am sure Kerry will demand for an interpreter if he needed one. It can be arranged, no need beating up yourself for a non issue.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Nogen: 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mosesm:

[s][/s]Sometime I wonder where some people that post comment here comes from? Interpreter for Buhari? A former Head of state that have been meeting head of government!

A man that schooled in United States, Britain and India compare to local boy with all his education in the creek!

Again, talk to Oral English experts, the Hausa accent is the closest to the Europeans.

[s][/s]

Like kworupsion?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by bokohalal(m): 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
saxywale:

funny that westerners understand the northerners accent better than that of we southerners.
So very true.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by emiye(m): 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
babasanti:
[s]I SAW THIS AND I HAVE WITHDRAWN MY SUPPORT FOR GMB . IF APC CANT HAVE CHRISTIANS HOLDING STRATEGIC HIGH POST, THEY CAN GO TO HELL. WE WONT VOTE GMB.

NIGERIA ON VERGE OF ISLAMIZATION (APC SECRET AGENDA EXPOSED)- Pastor Bosun Emmanuel The redeem Christian church of God pastor Emmanuel bosun in a special presentation in a congregation in Ibadan saying that the nation Nigeria is on the verge of Islamization by the all progressive people party (APC). Saying that all Christians should be wise and decisive on whom they should give their mandate in the Feb 14th polls. Using Turkey as an example. Saying the Nigeria church is interested in rising billionaires instead of disciples. He quoted Abuja declaration 1989, saying in 1989 Islam had a meeting in Abuja and made a declaration. 1) To eradicate in all forms and ramification of all non-Muslim religion in member nation with Christianity highly emphasized and Nigeria is a member nation. 2) To ensure only Muslims are elected in all political positions of member nations. 3) To make sure that they strategize and carry out their plan Saying the then head of state General Sani Abacha removed 21billion naira from Nigeria treasury and gave to Organization of Islamic conference (OIC) for the total islamatization of Nigeria. Saying they have started actualizing their agenda with the boko haram activities. Saying boko haram aim is to totally Islamatize Nigeria and eradicate Christianity. Pastor Bosun a delegate of the just concluded Nigeria conference under the religion umbrella says that on Sep 15th 2014 God spoke to Dr Vincent Anigbogu, D.G institute of national transformation, saying that if care is not taking Nigeria would be like the nation Turkey in 30years from 2014. Saying turkey was 100% Christians but at present, Turkey is 0.124% Christians and 95% Muslims saying Christianity existed in turkey for 1,123years and Islam uprooted. Saying Christianity in Nigeria is just 172years old (Methodist batch freeman).turkey had a very strong and solid Christian foundation as apostle Paul was from Turkey, but it was still uprooted, if Christianity give them the opportunity they would do the same here. If that can be done in Turkey with a very strong religious background then Nigeria wouldn’t be an exception if Christians make the same mistake as Turkey. He said Nigeria Christians are making the same mistake as Turkey, saying as quote. 1) Turkey under estimated the young Ottoman ruler(Nigeria churches are under estimating boko haram). 2) The church in Constantine old name for Istanbul capital of Turkey was one of the best defended city in Europe (Nigeria thinks they are the biggest in Africa) 3) Racism and tribalism weakened the church in Turkey(Nigeria church is affected by racism and tribalism) 4) The weapon used in destroying the church in Turkey was invented by a Christian (Christians are the once strategizing for Muslims in Nigeria) He categorically said the APC is a party to watch carefully, saying the APC has hired the campaign manager of Barack Obama to strategize for them saying when he came to Nigeria he needed someone to interface for him the person he employed was a pastor, so power could be handed over to a party (APC)with all purpose and intent is an Islamic brotherhood. Pastor Bosun also hinted that Nigerians core problem is from the Nigerian constitution saying it’s a problem of dual ideology within the Nigeria constitution .said sharia was mentioned 73times in the Nigeria constitution, Islam was mentioned 28times, grand cadi 54times & Muslim 40 times in the Nigeria constitution 1999, saying there was no mention of Christians in the Nigeria’s constitution, no mention of the bible, no single mention of Christ, no single mention of church. Saying constitutionally that Nigeria is an Islamic state instead of a circular state. Saying it hasn’t been fully enforced because they haven’t captured the south west. But recently there has been a hand shake between the North West and south west with the disguise of a political party (APC). He also said that the leadership structure of the APC should be looked into siting examples saying their; National leader west: Muslim National leader south: Muslim National chairman: Muslim Deputy national chairman: Muslim National secretary: Muslim Deputy national secretary: Muslim National publicity secretary: Muslim National treasurer: Muslim National financial secretary: Muslim National youth leader: Muslim Women leader: Muslim Legal adviser: Muslim Saying who ever votes APC is digging the grave of the Nigeria church with his or her thumb. Saying that APC has an Islamic agenda for Nigeria, Christians must stand and bring back Goodluck on the Feb 14th elections. Hinting that in 1983 IOC had a strategy meeting in London with the aim of islamatizing Africa, in that meeting they produced a 322 paged document, 126 pages were focused on Nigeria identifying Nigeria a key nation to be captured saying the south west should stand and resist the APC Islamic agenda for Nigeria under the disguise of politics. Also made mention of rivers state saying they are also interested in the oil and gas of the nation saying that’s why they are also pulling weight in rivers state. Saying if Buhari wins 2015, Christianity is looked up for the next hundred years and Christianity wouldn’t be passed to our children said the issue is not if Goodluck Jonathan is performing or not, saying Goodluck is 100% successful, he is there for a purpose to rebuild the foundation of Nigeria. IOC strategy on how to capture Nigeria Their plan he said: SOUTH EAST, They appear formidable but they Christianity is merchandised. It can be bought and sold. If they see sufficient money the Ibo man would drop the bible and pick up the Koran. It has started happening as religious leaders from the east are already pushing for the Islamic brotherhood under disguise of APC. Power of money. SOUTH WEST, Both Islam and Christianity are superficial, making both similar in the west. Aim is to colonize all the Christians in the south west. Make them betray their self to instigate mistrust in the church and finally embrace the Islamic brother hood (APC) SOUTH SOUTH, Train them in Islamic countries convert them and return them to push the message of Islam in the south. they are achieving it gradually, Alahaji Asari Dokumbo was their failed first experiment he said, he also emphasized the church must raise disciples instead of billionaires saying the church should be galvanized in righteous actions, pray and fast for the church and also stated the Goodluck should be given the mandate of Christians to avert the hideous plans of Islamic brotherhood under the APC disguise. And true Christians who want the existence and continuity of the Nigeria church should please spread this message saying information is power. NOTE FOR READERS: BEWARE: Abuja Declaration Has Been Edited Apparently, as a result of the growing awareness amongst Christians of the evil planned by the Muslims against the Church, the Muslims went online to edit and distort the information on the Abuja Declaration of 1989. The information on Wikipedia was edited on Monday 21st July, 2014 by one Greg Abdul. Their battle plan detailing the plot behind the current Boko Haram insurgency and other forms of political manipulations by the Muslims in the country, was completely removed![/s]

Thrash and christian extremism indoctrination.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by iyobs7(f): 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
Seriously Kerry is sick for meeting them... For what purpose? It is just like Obama going to Russia to see Putin, then acknowledges a visit from Putin's running opposition candidate... This to me is wrong.

As of today, Buhari is a nobody when it comes to the politics in this nation... And for those saying he is a former head of state, mind you Buhari is not the only head of state still alive today...

This visits scares me...
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by CHILDofGOD85: 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nogen:

I won't dignify you with a response. You also need to go back to school like your grandpa Buhari.

You can't dignify my post with a response and you just did.
It shows, you've poor esteem.
Its obvious you have a lot to learn and sadly, you can't learn them in school.

You're pathetic.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) by Descartes: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Has the certificate been found?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'I Will Slap You If You Call Me' - Soldier Tells Voters In Edo / Bala Mohammed Attends Crowded Juma'at Setrvice After Recovering From Coronavirus / Seyi Tinubu Meets E-Money, Yul Edochie, Odumeje, Sings Nigerian Old Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.