Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan (1470 Views)

Francis Adigun, Soldier Killed During Chibok Girls Rescue(pic / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has blamed the non-rescue of the abducted Chibok girls on external forces, promising that his administration would do everything possible to end the Boko Haram insurgency in a matter of months.

The president spoke, yesterday, at the palace of the Shehu of Borno where he had gone to pay homage to the traditional ruler. According to him, after ending the Boko Haram insurgency, his administration would rebuild the affected areas. Jonathan stated that, with the use of initiatives like Victim Support Fund, Presidential Initiative for North-east and Safe School Initiative as well as increased budgetary allocation, his administration will rebuild and redesign Borno State in such a way that children will have access to education and better future.

“We feel the pain of Borno people. I personally feel more pained when people accuse me of of being involved in the problem for some political advantage. I have said it many times that my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. And I don’t think any president or human being can do what they accuse me of doing,’’ the president said.

“The Boko Haram problem is what I thought we would have ended long ago but may be external influence or interest is affecting us. I am assuring you however that it won’t take us more than a few months to end this insurgency and restore peace in Borno.
“Our people must return to their communities. Insha Allahu, we will get our Chibok girls back’’.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/external-forces-stalled-chibok-girls-rescue-jonathan/#sthash.KDZCQNIC.dpuf
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by saintikechi(m): 6:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
True talk.

GEJ TILL 2019
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
Tell that to those who were born yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Missy89(f): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Of course. APC strategists will be working day and night to make sure the girls are not rescued before the election. If GEJ can pull it off, his second term is in the bag.

It reminds me of the French election between Chirac and Mitterrand. The opposition strucked a deal with Hezbollah to keep their hostage and used it to discredit the incumbent.

It is politics 101.

1 Like

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
Did he actually say "Insha Allahu"?
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by omenka(m): 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
Same old shameful twaddle; blaming someone else for his failure.

This man would have gained even more sympathisers by admitting his failure over the Chibok saga. Just a shame he keeps looking for whom to blame.

First they said nobody was abducted, then they said it was the opposition that staged it, and now they are saying the girls couldn't be rescued due to external forces. What are we to believe

3 Likes

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by TCD: 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
only a foolish man refuses to accept his mistakes and blames unseen 'external forces' for his woes. clueless president

1 Like

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by tit(f): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
No10:

as buhari convert to christian,
goodluck has convert to moslim.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
When the human element fails, blame the boogieman. grin

This guy is in the highest echelon of the classification of m0r0ns.

The blame game sounds pathetic...and are external forces also responsible for the state of the Nigerian armed forces? Utterly corrupt and clueless clown.

Anyway, hopefully, the in-coming president will modernise the Nigerian military. The country deserves better, and it should have a military that can compete with both Algeria and Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
tit:

as buhari convert to christian,
goodluck has convert to moslim.
all for the soul of the Nation.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Ikengawo: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
saintikechi:
True talk.

GEJ TILL 2019

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
No10:
He has been chorusing "mungode" around the north since he started campaigning.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
Missy89:
Of course. APC strategists will be working day and night to make sure the girls are not rescued before the election. If GEJ can pull it off, his second term is in the bag.

It reminds me of the French election between Chirac and Mitterrand. The opposition strucked a deal with Hezbollah to keep their hostage and used it to discredit the incumbent.

It is politics 101.

Sorry, but you sound as moronic as GEJ. So, you're oblivious to everything that happened during the Chibok, and how lackadaisical/lukewarm GEJ has been in the fight against terrorism in that country, no?

And what's the correlation Chirac vs. Mitterrand - and a clueless president who has systematically weakened the country's military, despite budgeting billions of dollars for security?

Bury ya head in the sand with GEJ's. grin

2 Likes

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Missy89(f): 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
SirShymex:

Sorry, but you sound as moronic as GEJ. So, you're oblivious to everything that happened during the Chibok, and how lackadaisical/lukewarm GEJ has been in the fight against terrorism in that country, no?

And what's the correlation Chirac vs. Mitterrand - and a clueless president who has systematically weakened the country's military, despite budgeting billions of dollars for security?

Please keep quiet.

I was talking about the political power play post kidnapping and the significance of what the rescue of the girls might play in the elections. Not boko haram or the insurgency at large.

Stop jumping
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by 9jatriot(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2015
This man cabinet of excuses non de empty.

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
Missy89:

Please keep quiet.

I was talking about the political power play post kidnapping and the significance of what the rescue of the girls might play in the elections. Not boko haram or the insurgency at large.

Stop jumping

Lol. And what's the correlation between this, and what he said? Also, what political power is at play in a case where the guy who is in-charge has never shown any interest whatsoever in looking for the girls? You sound like GEJ. grin

Err, you know I'm ya papi chulo, and any time I stray and start sounding illogical, I just have to smack that ar.se to get you back in line. tongue I can't afford to see you sounding like a lot of these folks. cool

1 Like

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Purej: 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
always blaming something or someone for his failure
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Missy89(f): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol. And what's the correlation between this, and what he said? Also, what political power is at play in a case where the guy who is in-charge has never shown any interest whatsoever in looking for the girls? You sound like GEJ. grin

Err, you know I'm ya papi chulo, and any time I stray and start sounding illogical, I just have to smack that ar.se to get you back in line. tongue I can't afford to see you sounding like a lot of these folks. cool

keep masking your error with emoticons.

What i said was very simple. " If the opposition have a chance, they will make sure the girls do not return until after the elections to prevent a political victory for the incumbent with few weeks to the elections" and i gave an example with France and Hezbollah during Mitterrand's regime.

That is a good example of an external force that may stall the girl's return. There were instances where the girls were almost rescued but the exchange stalled again (twice or more). My post was addressing the chibok situation not the insurgency. So who is sounding illogical now?
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Missy89:

keep masking your error with emoticons.

What i said was very simple. " If the opposition have a chance, they will make sure the girls do not return until after the elections to prevent a political victory for the incumbent with few weeks to the elections" and i gave an example with France and Hezbollah during Mitterrand's regime.

That is a good example of an external force stalling the girls's rescue. There were instances where the girls were almost rescued but the exchange stalled again (twice or more). My post was addressing the chibok situation not the insurgency. So who is sounding illogical now?

Excerpt from the article and GEJ in his own words:

The Boko Haram problem is what I thought we would have ended long ago but may be external influence or interest is affecting us. I am assuring you however that it won’t take us more than a few months to end this insurgency and restore peace in Borno.
“Our people must return to their communities. Insha Allahu, we will get our Chibok girls back’’.

^^^Did you actually read the texts in bold? So, who sounds illogical now, with the political dimension you're bringing into it, by citing an example that has no correlation whatsoever? I guess you actually didn't read what he said before posting, no? - caught slipping like you always do in international politics.

Also, external forces in this context means: foreign countries.

The whole rescue nonsense is basically propaganda - they were never close to rescuing shiit. They never gave two fvcks from the get-go.

1 Like

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
So, there are Chibok girls missing.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Caseless: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
Maple:
Tell that to those who were born yesterday.
people like the first poster.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by PedroJP(m): 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
No10:

No. Added ny dat Maple of a guy. GEJ till Northerners discard their mentality of born to rule.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by PedroJP(m): 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
Purej:
always blaming something or someone for his failure

Not his failure. I like d way he keeps making u complain. When u and ur folks are tired u can let him rule and teach u how to rule
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Deiok(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
yeye dey smell. Always giving an excuse why he cant perform. was it an external force that also stop him from believing the girls were kingnapped initialy.
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by PedroJP(m): 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
SirShymex:

D game has changed hands. u and ur Northern pple's violence won't help u gain anything dis time. U orchastrated everything to make it seem his failure but no, we are wiser and sharp to believe ur lies. Term him sthing more degrading than clueless, he is there already 2019. U and ur Northern bros shud let hin teach u how to rule. Just dat and maybe from 2019 u continue with his gud works
Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
The truth is that, the chibok girls will never be found completely.some might have died,some tins might have happened 2 them. An evil stain on the history of Nigeria,under d supervision of a foolish president

1 Like

Re: External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
PedroJP:

D game has changed hands. u and ur Northern pple's violence won't help u gain anything dis time. U orchastrated everything to make it seem his failure but no, we are wiser and sharp to believe ur lies. Term him sthing more degrading than clueless, he is there already 2019. U and ur Northern bros shud let hin teach u how to rule. Just dat and maybe from 2019 u continue with his gud works

Lmao...missy89, come get ya bf. grin

(1) (Reply)

If Buhari Is Mr. Integrity, He Ought To Step Down / ‘pdp’s Sins Will Soon Start Coming Out,’ President-elect Says / Buhari Has No Power To Jail Anybody, Like The Military Era, only court can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.