Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,109 members, 7,842,211 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (48199 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by chuxiano: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2015
Monimatic:
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/

Personally I thought Amaechi's concern should have been how to make sure that activities in Portharcourt are not disrupted by the presidential campaign rally.
Because asking PDP to conduct the presidential rally at Liberation Stadium which is at heart of portharcourt will only result to untold hardship to the ordinary people going about their daily businesses due to the traffic gridlock that will follow.

I doubt if he cares otherwise he should have allowed them to use the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium which is closer to the airport and off the heart of town.
Unless he just wants to score some cheap political point.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by JEITO: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2015
Bluepamex:

Tell him to count Gej out of this, that stadium was built with our Rivers Money and not Amaechi papa money or Pa Buhari's stolen 2.8billion money then ,we, the Rivers people want to use our stadium to welcome the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.full stop
just leave the man. Body go tell am if after all the state money him don spend recklessly, Buhari and Peterside end up losing.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Billygee2u: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2015
power pass power , grin
man pass man grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by fresh15: 11:01am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi Should first learn to give honour to whom honour is due.He disrespected the president and should apologise for doing so.GEJ is for free and fair election.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by skyra: 11:02am On Jan 26, 2015
chigo93:
he refused sharing rivers state funds with patience jonathan,and refused f.ucking the fat bitch,is dat disrespecting higher office?no wonder gej got stoned!foolishness will be voted out.
I hope someone hurls such invectives on your mother and see how you like it. She has a husband who happens to be the president, so pls keep your insults to yourself

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by talktimi(m): 11:05am On Jan 26, 2015
joeboy03:

When it comes to this you are suddenly aware that Nigeria is a federal state, therefore all the components have equal powers according to you, but when it comes to insecurity in the NE, it is solely the responsibility of the PRESIDENT.

Do you not pay attention to your comment? Do you not notice a whiff of hypocrisy in it?

I am sure you will run from pillar to post trying to rationalise and defend your position.
please have mercy I beg of you
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by otisco82: 11:06am On Jan 26, 2015
The government of Edo state established a ministry (ministry of investment and public & private partnership) 4 months ago, and the commissioner went to civil service commission that he needed staffs, and staffs were pulled out from various ministries and posted to him. The painful aspect is, for 4 months now the ministry has not commenced they don't even have an office. All the staffs posted there are at home doing nothing. And up till now the commissioner has not come out to address the staffs. God help this country, the state governor is establishing ministries without funding it. APC Governors are noise makers

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by thomasjoe1: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2015
faithugo64:
Did you respect the office of the president when your permission was sought for??
amechi respect is reciprocal!!!

And APC used the Stadium for their own campaign, so why not also allow PDP? ...............! Im not impressed that Amaechi cannot use common sense to choose his Battles ! Now , he will look more stupid ....!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by criminalmindz: 11:34am On Jan 26, 2015
I USED TO BE A DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF GMB BUT WHEN I WATCHED A VIDEO TITLED A MESSAGE FOR CHRISTIANS I REALIZED I WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE. MANY PEOPLE WILL INSULT ME AND ABUSE ME FOR WHAT I WANT TO SAY. YES I USED TO THINK GEJ IS CORRUPT AND CLUELESS AND FELT STRONGLY THAT GMB WILL FIGHT CORRUPTION AND BOKO HARAM BUT WHEN I SAW THE POLITICAL STRUCTURE OF THE APC , ALL AND ONLY MUSLIMS HOLDING STRATEGIC POSITIONS IN THE PARTY I WITHDREW MY SUPPORT FOR GMB . YES THIS ELECTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION THATS WHAT YOU WILL PROBABLY BE SAYING .ASK WHY DIDN'T THE APC GIVE STRATEGIC POSITION IN THE PARTY TO REGIONS LIKE THE EAST,SOUTH SOUTH . WHAT IS DIRECTOR OF CAMPAIGN AFTER ELECTIONS WHAT NEXT? OF WHAT USE IS THE VICE PRESIDENT OF A COUNTRY WHEN HE HAS NO POWER AND CANT ACT ON HIS OWN., LOOK AT SAMBO DOES HIS OFFICE HAS POWER? HE JUST BEEN TOSSED AROUND. THEY ARE JUST USING OSIBANJO TO GET VOTES FROM CHRISTIANS AND THE SOUTH WEST AFTER NOW HE WILL BE FORCED TO RESIGN. I READ THIS BOOK SON OF HAMAS WRITTEN BY THE SON OF THE FOUNDER OF HASMAS GROUP IN PALESTINE AND IT OPENED MY EYES WIDER, I READ ABOUT THE 1966 COUP, THE COUNTER COUP, THE MURTALA MOHAMMED COUP, THE CAUSE OF THE BIAFRAN WAR, THE FAILED COUP AND COUP SPEECH OF MAJOR GENERAL ORKAR IN 1990 . IT MADE ME REALISE THAT THERE IS A CERTAIN CLIQUE OR GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO FEEL IT IS THEIR BIRTH RIGHT OR BORN TO RULE THIS COUNTRY. THEY WILL GO TO ANY LENGTH TO RULE THIS OUR GREAT COUNTRY. A LOT OF US ARE JUST IGNORANT BUT WE DONT KNOW THE HIDDEN AGENDA BEHIND THIS GROUP. WE HATE AND DESPISE GEJ, I DO TOO BUT LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING IT IS BETTER FOR GEJ TO STEAL AND OTHER MINORITY REGIONS OF NIGERIA TO STEAL THAN A CERTAIN BORN TO RULE GROUP OF PEOPLE TO STEAL AND WASTE OUR GOD GIVEN RESOURCES. THIS A FIGHT WE MUST WIN , I URGE U TO VOTE GEJ BECAUSE GOD IS USING HIM TO FULFIL HIS WISH FOR OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA. DONT LET THIS PEOPLE DECEIVE US AGAIN.YOU ALL SHOULD TAKE YOUR TIME GOOGLE ABOUT THE 1966 COUP AND THE CONTER COUP, READ THE COUP SPEECH OF MAJOR GENERAL ORKAR AND ALL COUP THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN NIGERIA AND SATISFY OUR DOUBTS. LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA. WHEN GEJ, PEJ AND FFK MAKE STATEMENTS IN THE PUBLIC I USED TO SE IT AS AN ACT OF DESPERATION AND SELFISHNESS ON THEIR PART. I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY AFTER 6 YEARS THE STILL WANT TO CLING ON TO POWER BUT WHEN I READ THE CONTENT BELLOW I COULD UNDERSTAND WERE THE WERE COMING FROM . I COULD UNDERSTAND THE STATUS UPDATES ON FACEBOOK IN THE PAST OF CHIEF FEMI FANNY KAYODE . GO TO HIS FACEBOOK WALL U'LL REALIZE HE WAS AGAINST GEJ IN 2013 AND CHEERING FOR APC BUT NOW HE REALISE HIS MISTAKES AFTER READING THE CONTENTS BELLOW.

NIGERIA ON VERGE OF ISLAMIZATION (APC SECRET AGENDA EXPOSED)- Pastor Bosun Emmanuel The redeem Christian church of God pastor Emmanuel bosun in a special presentation in a congregation in Ibadan saying that the nation Nigeria is on the verge of Islamization by the all progressive people party (APC). Saying that all Christians should be wise and decisive on whom they should give their mandate in the Feb 14th polls. Using Turkey as an example. Saying the Nigeria church is interested in rising billionaires instead of disciples. He quoted Abuja declaration 1989, saying in 1989 Islam had a meeting in Abuja and made a declaration. 1) To eradicate in all forms and ramification of all non-Muslim religion in member nation with Christianity highly emphasized and Nigeria is a member nation. 2) To ensure only Muslims are elected in all political positions of member nations. 3) To make sure that they strategize and carry out their plan Saying the then head of state General BABANGIDA removed 21billion naira from Nigeria treasury and gave to Organization of Islamic conference (OIC) for the total islamatization of Nigeria. Saying they have started actualizing their agenda with the boko haram activities. Saying boko haram aim is to totally Islamatize Nigeria and eradicate Christianity. Pastor Bosun a delegate of the just concluded Nigeria conference under the religion umbrella says that on Sep 15th 2014 God spoke to Dr Vincent Anigbogu, D.G institute of national transformation, saying that if care is not taking Nigeria would be like the nation Turkey in 30years from 2014. Saying turkey was 100% Christians but at present, Turkey is 0.124% Christians and 95% Muslims saying Christianity existed in turkey for 1,123years and Islam uprooted. Saying Christianity in Nigeria is just 172years old (Methodist batch freeman).turkey had a very strong and solid Christian foundation as apostle Paul was from Turkey, but it was still uprooted, if Christianity give them the opportunity they would do the same here. If that can be done in Turkey with a very strong religious background then Nigeria wouldn’t be an exception if Christians make the same mistake as Turkey. He said Nigeria Christians are making the same mistake as Turkey, saying as quote. 1) Turkey under estimated the young Ottoman ruler(Nigeria churches are under estimating boko haram). 2) The church in Constantine old name for Istanbul capital of Turkey was one of the best defended city in Europe (Nigeria thinks they are the biggest in Africa) 3) Racism and tribalism weakened the church in Turkey(Nigeria church is affected by racism and tribalism) 4) The weapon used in destroying the church in Turkey was invented by a Christian (Christians are the once strategizing for Muslims in Nigeria) He categorically said the APC is a party to watch carefully, saying the APC has hired the campaign manager of Barack Obama to strategize for them saying when he came to Nigeria he needed someone to interface for him the person he employed was a pastor, so power could be handed over to a party (APC)with all purpose and intent is an Islamic brotherhood. Pastor Bosun also hinted that Nigerians core problem is from the Nigerian constitution saying it’s a problem of dual ideology within the Nigeria constitution .said sharia was mentioned 73times in the Nigeria constitution, Islam was mentioned 28times, grand cadi 54times & Muslim 40 times in the Nigeria constitution 1999, saying there was no mention of Christians in the Nigeria’s constitution, no mention of the bible, no single mention of Christ, no single mention of church. Saying constitutionally that Nigeria is an Islamic state instead of a circular state. Saying it hasn’t been fully enforced because they haven’t captured the south west. But recently there has been a hand shake between the North West and south west with the disguise of a political party (APC). He also said that the leadership structure of the APC should be looked into siting examples saying their; National leader west: Muslim National leader south: Muslim National chairman: Muslim Deputy national chairman: Muslim National secretary: Muslim Deputy national secretary: Muslim National publicity secretary: Muslim National treasurer: Muslim National financial secretary: Muslim National youth leader: Muslim Women leader: Muslim Legal adviser: Muslim Saying who ever votes APC is digging the grave of the Nigeria church with his or her thumb. Saying that APC has an Islamic agenda for Nigeria, Christians must stand and bring back Goodluck on the Feb 14th elections. Hinting that in 1983 IOC had a strategy meeting in London with the aim of islamatizing Africa, in that meeting they produced a 322 paged document, 126 pages were focused on Nigeria identifying Nigeria a key nation to be captured saying the south west should stand and resist the APC Islamic agenda for Nigeria under the disguise of politics. Also made mention of rivers state saying they are also interested in the oil and gas of the nation saying that’s why they are also pulling weight in rivers state. Saying if Buhari wins 2015, Christianity is looked up for the next hundred years and Christianity wouldn’t be passed to our children said the issue is not if Goodluck Jonathan is performing or not, saying Goodluck is 100% successful, he is there for a purpose to rebuild the foundation of Nigeria. IOC strategy on how to capture Nigeria Their plan he said: SOUTH EAST, They appear formidable but they Christianity is merchandised. It can be bought and sold. If they see sufficient money the Ibo man would drop the bible and pick up the Koran. It has started happening as religious leaders from the east are already pushing for the Islamic brotherhood under disguise of APC. Power of money. SOUTH WEST, Both Islam and Christianity are superficial, making both similar in the west. Aim is to colonize all the Christians in the south west. Make them betray their self to instigate mistrust in the church and finally embrace the Islamic brother hood (APC) SOUTH SOUTH, Train them in Islamic countries convert them and return them to push the message of Islam in the south. they are achieving it gradually, Alahaji Asari Dokubo was their failed first experiment he said, he also emphasized the church must raise disciples instead of billionaires saying the church should be galvanized in righteous actions, pray and fast for the church and also stated the Goodluck should be given the mandate of Christians to avert the hideous plans of Islamic brotherhood under the APC disguise. And true Christians who want the existence and continuity of the Nigeria church should please spread this message saying information is power. NOTE FOR READERS: BEWARE: Abuja Declaration Has Been Edited Apparently, as a result of the growing awareness amongst Christians of the evil planned by the Muslims against the Church, the Muslims went online to edit and distort the information on the Abuja Declaration of 1989. The information on Wikipedia was edited on Monday 21st July, 2014 by one Greg Abdul. Their battle plan detailing the plot behind the current Boko Haram insurgency and other forms of political manipulations by the Muslims in the country, was completely removed

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by redcliff: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2015
chigo93:
he refused sharing rivers state funds with patience jonathan,and refused f.ucking the fat bitch,is dat disrespecting higher office?no wonder gej got stoned!foolishness will be voted out.

I am so very very angry nigerians cannot think...it pains me with the comments i am reading before me and i just wished those people dropped dead...what jonathan did is a high misuse of power.. i do not see anything disrespectful amaechi did..although i question the morality behind it just for the fact that apc made use of the same stadium..apart from that jonathan does not have any right to use the ground as a justification to assert his executive powers by using the military to do his bidding..it safe to say that jonathan is a dictator
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
joeboy03:

When it comes to this you are suddenly aware that Nigeria is a federal state, therefore all the components have equal powers according to you, but when it comes to insecurity in the NE, it is solely the responsibility of the PRESIDENT.

Do you not pay attention to your comment? Do you not notice a whiff of hypocrisy in it?

I am sure you will run from pillar to post trying to rationalise and defend your position.
The President is the C-in-C.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by uwa1(m): 11:55am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi eye go soon clear.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Leebeedo(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2015
yayitifury:
Did you forget your sniper....u 4 help ur fellow pig dig pit carry out d mission,impunity of the highest order......shame on veto power that can help the nation,shame on pig dig pit leaders that want to drag our national integrity on ground,shame shall befall you come febuhari 14,that's what I assure and my promise shall come to limelight....clueless fellow fighting for campaign ground instead of Boko haram

Boko haram is your problem in the north, you started it with implementation of sharia not minding the circularity of the nigerian state and constitution do don't blame anyone for your woes , live with it.

For your information , I don't engage in do-or-die acts and I even want Bihari to win , let's see how far he would be able to deliver on his promises of paying the idle population 5,000 naira every month

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Leebeedo(m): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
yayitifury:
Did you forget your sniper....u 4 help ur fellow pig dig pit carry out d mission,impunity of the highest order......shame on veto power that can help the nation,shame on pig dig pit leaders that want to drag our national integrity on ground,shame shall befall you come febuhari 14,that's what I assure and my promise shall come to limelight....clueless fellow fighting for campaign ground instead of Boko haram

Boko haram is your problem in the north, you started it with implementation of sharia not minding the circularity of the nigerian state and constitution so don't blame anyone for your woes , live with it.

For your information , I don't believe in do-or-die politics and I even want Bihari to win , let's see how far he would be able to deliver on his promises of paying the idle population 5,000 naira every month.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by GuysnMum: 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
Monimatic:
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Rubbish.. respect ur position when u disrespect the position of your president. u will never assume the position of a president in your miserable life

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/

Respect your position when u disrespect his?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by nellyjohn: 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sorry to say dis but Amechi u are an idiot. How wil u dare to deny the president who is above you the request to use the stadium? Even if their is work goin on inside it, he is stil the president and all u need to do is stop d work for just dat day. U first insulted and disrespected him and he has d right to use dat stadium wit or without ur permission becos u and river state is under his government.
GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by emiye(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
Military hangover everywhere, it is a state govt facility, and controlled by the state govt.

Using Soldiers to forcefully take control of the facility is wrong and a breach of the rule of law.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by TheAdvocate(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Those of yu close to Amaechi should tell him to stop confusing me pls. Which office now? DG Buhari Campaign Organisation or governor of Rivers?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by ayokunlei(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dammyllionaire:

Seriously, your case need a serious medical checkup... Where do you think we are? In the jungle? Or do you think we are still in the Military era or in a Unitary system of govt? What right did the President have to forcefully take over a state owned property? Can this rubbish happen in a developed society? Can it even happen in a sensible developing countries?

Although, am not in support of Ameachi decision but using the armed force to unlawfully and forcefully taken over a state owned property is totally an abuse of power and misuse of armed forces.

aside that you talked like a mugu, u need prayer and special deliverance.
You seems to be lost patapata. . .
You said what Amaechi did was bad, Are u expecting a President to be begging the governor b4 he can use the Stadium?
Maybe u dont know, Politics and Power are interconnected. Amaechi played politics, and The President used Power, I dont blame you, u sound like a learner.
May God touch ur sense of reasoning, amin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Enegod(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
UchihaMadara:
Amaechi should have stood his ground, oh well, they say "He that runeth, will liveth".

grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Eluwilussit(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
DaBullIT:

[size=20pt]They sought and he said no , GEJ's action is a typical abuse of power, the fact that Amaechi Said no , presidency should have found another venue and non of this would have happened, but the voices in GEJ's head told him

Haba , a whole you , you are the president for God's sake , this amaechi is a small boy to you, Oya command them to force the gate open and put soldiers everywhere, You are the Commander in chief joor

and the mumu just did that, You want to borrow something from someone even if you were the one who gave the person the thing initially, if the new owner says no , then accept no and look elsewhere, forcing what you want out of people is what we call Alonilowogba and that's what GEJ IS [/size]

Your reasoning is twisted. Think straight without bias. Jonathan doesn't wanna borrow or use the stadium. The Rivers State PDP members want to host their presidential rally there. Are they not entitled to the same treatment as APC? Whereas APC have used the same stadium twice, PDP members in Rivers State are being denied the use of the facility by Amaechi. Why?

The stadium belongs to Rivers people, irrespective of political affiliations or religion. Amaechi is the governor of Rivers State and not that of a few APC members. He should be seen to be fair to all. It is his duty to accommodate all.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by swagwu(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
i dont knw who is more confused...is it bullhari or amanwannechi?
this is juz d beginning next wil b ur house!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by honeyseller291(m): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
NIGERIAN SHOULD LEARN HOW TO RESPECT THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT,,,IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS...AMAECHI AS UR NAME SOUNDS IN IGBO LANG U DONT KNOW TOMOROW...THAT SAME STADIUM U HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR OTHER PURPOSES...BUT WHY WONT PDP USE IT??
If na me be GEJ self I for bring FBI and US army ours, ,,, is mercy he did for u.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The President is the C-in-C.

So, in your candid opinion, does the authority of a state government equal that of a C-in-C? Eh, tell me, government student, is that what your teacher taught you in school?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by londoner: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmm, does he mean the respect, that he asked the military to show to the commander in chief?

Or the parallel government he is advocating for?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
What we witnessed was sheer abuse of office by the President and his party. Their actions can never be justified going by the legal provisions of the Land. However, Amaechi was morally wrong for refusing same facility to the PDP. The Facility belongs to the State Government and not Mr. Amaechi. Our leaders should stop personalising offices and state facilities. Amaechi, please avoid unnecessary controversy next time. GEJ please act matured next time.
Sai Buhari
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Eluwilussit(m): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
redcliff:

I am so very very angry nigerians cannot think...it pains me with the comments i am reading before me and i just wished those people dropped dead...what jonathan did is a high misuse of power.. i do not see anything disrespectful amaechi did..although i question the morality behind it just for the fact that apc made use of the same stadium..apart from that jonathan does not have any right to use the ground as a justification to assert his executive powers by using the military to do his bidding..it safe to say that jonathan is a dictator

You missed the simple truth. This isn't about Jona. It is the Rivers PDP members that want to host their presidential rally there. Are they not entitled to the same treatment as APC? Should they be denied the use of the facility just because they are not in the same party with governor Amaechi? Amaechi is the erring party here.

Besides, you guys call Jona weak and clueless. Maybe it is time he used some of his executive powers, even if he is mis-using them. We are still in Nigeria. Don't forget.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by redcliff: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
Eluwilussit:

You missed the simple truth. This isn't about Jona. It is the Rivers PDP members that want to host their presidential rally there. Are they not entitled to the same treatment as APC? Should they be denied the use of the facility just because they are not in the same party with governor Amaechi? Amaechi is the erring party here.

Besides, you guys call Jona weak and clueless. Maybe it is time he used some of his executive powers, even if he is mis-using them. We are still in Nigeria. Don't forget.

As daft as they come....smh
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
joeboy03:

So, in your candid opinion, does the authority of a state government equal that of a C-in-C? Eh, tell me, government student, is that what your teacher taught you in school?
Jonathan should exercise his power as C-in-C in Borno before Boko Haram.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by omolami: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi respect is reciprocal,if you give,you will get.Learn to respect your seniors if you must get respect.If you are still bitter then go and die

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
barcanista:
What we witnessed was sheer abuse of office by the President and his party. Their actions can never be justified going by the legal provisions of the Land. However, Amaechi was morally wrong for refusing same facility to the PDP. The Facility belongs to the State Government and not Mr. Amaechi. Our leaders should stop personalising offices and state facilities. Amaechi, please avoid unnecessary controversy next time. GEJ please act matured next time.
Sai Buhari
Yes, the facility belongs to the state, the state government led by Amaechi determines who makes use of it. Whatever action he takes is deemed to be the position of the state, not his personal position. My worry is why the PDP failed to take the option of the Liberation Station. Beside these two stadia, there are Civic Centre (Sharks FC), Isaac Boro Park, Ojukwu Field in Afikpo by Nnewi Street and Polo Club, GRA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Appointment Of Ipaye, Akande As DCOS, SSA (PHOTO) / Abubakar Sidiq Usman Released By EFCC (Photo) / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.