Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,021 members, 7,841,871 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi (48196 Views)

IGP Idris Visits Wike: "You Disrespected Me By Withdrawing MY CSO" - Wike / Charging Of Phones Infront Of My Office In Badagry This Morning / The 8 Key Achievements Of President Buhari At 100 Days In Office - By Nnawetanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by dubbiskelly(m): 8:02am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi is a drunk, he will soon realise himself.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by IZUKWU(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2015
Monimatic:
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/
and him amaechi is interested in a free and fair election and wouldn't even allow the opponent campaign. Smh
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by maxdozie(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2015
Now i know dis man is an idiot...
How can a ordinary Gov Talk to his Boss d president like that!!.... I pity you When GEJ returns to office ... U beta start running to Ghana wia U used Rivers money to build a big Company...
BIG IDIOT... stadium That was Build with Gov Money.. Under Gej...

D last time i insulted dis Man i got a Day Ban...
Now i dont Care if i get ban for Life..
Amaechi Is a betrayer... For Doing this To His Brother..... Big Fool!!!.... Oya Give me My Ban

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by rozayx5(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nigeria is a federal state, not a unitary state. All the components parts get their power from the Constitution, not the centre.

bla bla bla
go and preach that to the soldiers surrounding the stadium, dont forget to show me your medical report the next day
nonsense from a jweed
grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by White007(m): 8:04am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go ask a student of Government to teach centralalization and decentralization.

Mr Orlando dunce step aside and Stop spamming the tread with this gibberish.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 8:05am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
If not that PDP is bent on abusing the peace pact signed in Abuja, I see no reason why it refused to make use of the Liberation Statdium, Elekahia, Port Harcourt. It is not far from Airforce Base, which the President's plane can land in, and then drive to the stadium. As a secondary school student, I used to walk from the stadium even beyond Airforce Base down to Presidential Hotel.

Which peace pact..The same pact APC broke the very next day? Delusion!!
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Really?? Then when it comes to Security or saving some phantom missing girls, the order must come *from the center* not the Governor who was elected 1st hand to protect his state? Please don't even bring in the SOE gist because the State Governors are still in office .If anything happens to anybody in Libration Stadium. .It is the same Ameachi that would grant negative interviews, forgetting he asked them to use that venue in the 1st place. Una try well well
Meet a student of Civic Education if you are having a problem with that of Government.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2015
dubbiskelly:
Amaechi is a drunk, he will soon realise himself.

I don't think he's drunk..that man has been jinxed by Tinubu and his hatred for GEJ makes the juju works better. Dem cover him head put for pot
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Which peace pact..The same pact APC broke the very next day? Delusion!!
Don't quote me until you get certified by a student of Government or Civics.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OLADD: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Monimatic:
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that contrary to President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim, the President is not interested in a free and fair election.

Amaechi, who was reacting to soldiers’ occupation of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium ahead of the Jonathan’s political campaign in the state on Wednesday, said the action of the President was an indication that he (Jonathan) was opposed to democratic norms.

The governor, who spoke in Government House in Port Harcourt on Sunday, explained that it was wrong for President Jonathan to order soldiers to take over the state-owned stadium, even when approval was not given by the state government.

He argued that a President should have respected the position of the state government in an ideal federation, particularly after telling the Peoples Democratic Party to use the Liberation Stadium.

Amaechi said, “Why is the President insisting on using the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium after we have told the PDP that work is currently going on there? It is unfortunate that the President is preaching one thing and doing another thing.

“If the President is truly interested in the conduct of a free and fair election, why did he order armed soldiers to forcefully take over a state government-owned facility when it was not given to him or the PDP?

“Why should a President elected in a democratic election, serving under a democratic dispensation order soldiers to take over a state-owned stadium? In an ideal federation, the President is supposed to respect our position, essentially after we asked them to use the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, in Port Harcourt City.”

In a related development, the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, confirmed the party’s readiness to use the Adokiye Amiesamaka Stadium on Wednesday.

Obuah said in a statement signed by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr. Jerry Needam, that the reason given by Amaechi on why he refused the party’s request to use the stadium was unacceptable.

The state PDP chairman argued that the stadium was built with state funds, maintaining that the facility was only conceptualised when Amaechi was a member of the PDP.

He, however, challenged the governor to name any capital project that he implemented since he defected to the APC in November 2013.

Obuah told members and supporters of the PDP to turn out in their large number to welcome the presidential campaign train in continuation of President Jonathan’s bid to earn a second term.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-not-interested-in-free-polls-amaechi/

Sorry Mr. Tout-Governor, you're the one that really disrespected and messed up yourself. It's a dangerous precedence if your excesses are not curtailed. You have proved to be grossly unreliable and deceitful. Thank God you will be completely useless after Feb 14, 2015 when Jonathan starts his second term.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2015
White007:

Mr Orlando dunce step aside and Stop spamming the tread with this gibberish.
An SS1 student of Government knows that, going by what he is taught in federalism, the President erred in his action.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 8:12am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Meet a student of Civic Education if you are having a problem with that of Government.

SPREAD YOUR MAT SLEEP...you must think we are as irrational as Ameachi or as stupid as Buhari who without a certificate wants the esteemed office of the President. Make una carry give am make we see
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by fleet7(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2015
texalux:
Wot do u expect frm a frustrated presdent? I dont blame him no matter how hard u try mr ebola Jonathan u must fail, sai Buhari!

It is you and your family that ebola will follow till no one is left,And it is your father in the village that is frustrated nobody in your family generation will reach the level GEJ has reach till the end of time.Since you don't have manner goodmorning

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by titifranc: 8:13am On Jan 26, 2015
mekaboy:
U get office?
funny u, don't mind him...[email][/email]
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by bigmo1(m): 8:14am On Jan 26, 2015
Only slowpokes will think Jonathan is in charge. That fedora hat-wearing drunk has lost control of the Govt, he has lost control of his wife, he has lost control of his handlers, the whole governmental configuration has consumed him. He is not in charge at all, anyway he has never been in charge from day one. All he knows is booze n cunts. In a country were outlaws and criminal millitant group are paid billions of naira to safeguard the waterways, and oil pipelines, a country were oil bunkers are paid billions to protect against the bunkering of oil. Political outlaws, economic outlaws, gangsters and mafias have taken over this country. We should all be on our kneels begging Buhari to come and save us from this mess we put ourselves in.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi is not longer happy because he missed out the 21 billion donated by Mr president ........

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 8:15am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Don't quote me until you get certified by a student of Government or Civics.

Yes...and the part where the peace pact must be broken by the opposition is in the constitution too? GovermEnt or Civic student my fat behind grin gringrin . I gave you too much credit.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by shammah1(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I thought he acts as though he is stronger than Gej, why the lamentation? I had wanted to read "Amaechi slaps Gej for using his stadium" mtcheew confused fellow undecided
Lmao! Don't mind the small pickin...
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by audiigee(m): 8:17am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi is just afraid of PDP crowd. He doesn't want comparison btw the massive crowd PDP is going pull in PH ad his own dear APC grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by philips70(m): 8:19am On Jan 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nigeria is a federal state, not a unitary state. All the components parts get their power from the Constitution, not the centre.

I would have wanted only the warped minds to lay siege on this thread. After reading many comments here there is every reason to believe education is totally dead in Nigeria. Majority still do not know what democracy and rule of law is maybe out of sentiments or sheer mischief and just ignorance. Am afraid but we might remain like this for a long time. This goes for all parties because even when an illegal action tends to favour the opposition you will see equal reaction from majority of supporters. So it's just a vicious circle but I pray things change really this time if an opposition party can get on the seat of power so democracy can keep developing.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:20am On Jan 26, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Yes...and the part where the peace pact must be broken by the opposition is in the constitution too? GovermEnt or Civic student my fat behind grin gringrin . I gave you too much credit.
I insist, meet a Civics or Government student for clarification.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by OLADD: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2015
decode55:
Since time immemorial, apc e-rats on this forum have been calling our president "weak"; labeling him with all sorts of derogatory names like _Retardeen, _slowpoke, _Clueless & all what not.

Now he has flexed his "Presidential biceps", y'all are comparing him to Idi Amin. cheesy

Bunch of confused people

[size=28pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size] jare! smiley smiley

Good talk joooooooooooo.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Raiders: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Could someone ask Amaechi these questions: :-
Who is occupying the higher Office in Nigeria?
Who is the Boss and the Surbordinate, respectively?
Who was the first to disrespect who?
Who is supposed to take others from who and who supposed to be loyal to who?
Infact, Nairalanders, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL LAUGH LAST?
you know nothing about democracy. you need to go back to SS1 to study Government. There is division of power in Nigeria constitution. The president is not the boss of a governor, each have their own office because the president cant sack a governor so a governor don't have to be loyal to the president. Ameachi is going to have the last laugh because GEJ and pdp has loss the respect of most Nigerians so PDP is going to lose the election and its time for change.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by DaBullIT(m): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2015
fleet7:

Another illitrate that doesn't understand the diffence between federal and state power.Go back to school and read about federalism,and don't come and show your ignorance in puplic Amaechi the claim hard man let him enter the stadium then he will know if its his father's money they used to build the stadium it or government money that got approved from the center

Exactly,

your so smart that you proved my point * all you care about is federal power. What you failed to acknowledge Is that power Is subdivided

Presidency Senate state local and individual even if GEJ paid for stadium, someone controls that state where the stadium is. If the man controlling the state says no. Why must your Oga forcefully take what he wants?
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by shammah1(m): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2015
You disrespected the party who feeds you for 15 years. Everything that you are now is because of PDP. This country is a federal republic and not a state republic. I'm sure you know what that means. You claimed that GEJ is weak so he just shook you with one of his muscles and you're shaking like a fly. Amaechi, you have no right whatever to refuse to give the stadium out because it doesn't belong to you. It's belongs to the people of Rivers. The days of the evil are numbered.
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by ruggedtimi(m): 8:27am On Jan 26, 2015
amaechi also disrespected local government chairmen in rivers state by removing them when ever he wants. What goodluck did wasnt wrong
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by hotgunz(m): 8:28am On Jan 26, 2015
So ds man understand wat disrespect means?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Bluepamex: 8:28am On Jan 26, 2015
Richard6:
Please is this Amaechi really alrite? Am not sure he is ok. Which state? The state u are talkin about in in Nigeria and Nigeria is ruled by the President, no matther who u are, so long u are a Nigerian, u are stil under the President and must always take orders from him. I just dont know why Nigerians like Amaechi are behaving like morons.
Amaechi, Amaechi, you dont know tomorrow o, why not be wise and act according d name God has given u?
Amaechi wise?,for where?, Amaechi is the highest paying mugu in Nigeria now as am typing this comment,Buhari promise him VP,as a full time mugu, he empty the River state treasury to sponsor Buhari primary election,my APC chapter chairman ,my very good friend came back from Lagos with 3000 USD ,he said Amaechi single handedly secured Buhari as APC presidential candidate because Buhari came to Rivers state 3 Times and beg him to sponsor him with River's state oil money that he will make him his VP,little did Amaechi know that Tinubu is the king maker of APC.now you know what?,they have promised to make make him the Secretary of the federation, third man in command.we are now in trouble in Rivers state because Alhaji Saddam Amaechi want power in the center by all means

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by eoadeniji(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2015
nairalife2013:
Well, learn to respect higher authority first! Now teach dat to u sons never to be like u!
did u go to school at all?
Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by Forwetinnah: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2015
cronus:
Una no smart at all. You people don't think he did it on purpose because he knew they would force their way in?

All na strategy. After elections when they dispute the results they will saw "after all you saw how they used soldiers to take over a stadium forcefully, much less the ballot boxes".

Did you see Amaechi make any serious effort from stopping them using the stadium. It's a setup they don't even know they walked into.

Do you know how many stadiums are available in Port Harcourt. Talk less of this one that is not even in the center. Lol.

Another sleep walker who stumbled into this thread. If you don't live in PH, don't talk!! Ameachi wey go heap building materials. .chipping..sand etc as high as 3 storey building in a Stadium with no building job just to stop PDP? Una go just stay for wherever una dey dey type patako.
Soldiers have been asked to stay off polling units so I wonder where they'll be snatching ballot boxes from, according to you. The President will be at the stadium so it's very normal for it to be protected by soldiers especially in a state where the opposition is trying to be smart

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi by 49cents(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2015
DaBullIT:

[size=20pt]They sought and he said no , GEJ's action is a typical abuse of power, the fact that Amaechi Said no , presidency should have found another venue and non of this would have happened, but the voices in GEJ's head told him

Haba , a whole you , you are the president for God's sake , this amaechi is a small boy to you, Oya command them to force the gate open and put soldiers everywhere, You are the Commander in chief joor

and the mumu just did that, You want to borrow something from someone even if you were the one who gave the person the thing initially, if the new owner says no , then accept no and look elsewhere, forcing what you want out of people is what we call Alonilowogba and that's what GEJ IS [/size]

Good comment but are you aware that this is a democracy? Its not a war! Amaechi gave the same venue to the APC just a week or two ago and now he is refusing the PDP that same venue citing lame reasons common!!!!!!

Every samart person would know that APC and PDP remain sides of the same coin, they both will rig, bribe, fight dirty just to get into power, they don't have ur interest at heart so don't be fooled!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / Buhari Approves Appointment Of Ipaye, Akande As DCOS, SSA (PHOTO) / Abubakar Sidiq Usman Released By EFCC (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.