Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Is She Married Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Married Or Not? (1727 Views)

I love my bed, but I'd rather be in yours. / I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Married Or Not? by praxs(m): 2:40am On Jan 26, 2015
I need your opinion guys on this scenario. You are dating a girl and you proposed to marry her in June which she agreed. In august, you went for introduction, paid the bride and fullfill all that is required. the parents accepted you and you all agreed on the date for the marriage which will be in December. The question now is, is the girl married or not? If another guy happens to meet this lady in October and he has interest in her,will it be right to tell him she is married or not? Then again, if u said she is married but a situation comes that the marriage is cancelled in November, will it mean that she has been divorced? Remember also, the bible did not state that a pastor must ordained a man and woman in church before the are married.... What's your take on this
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 26, 2015
praxs:
In august, you went for introduction, paid the bride and fullfill all that is required
End of quote

Marriage has finished
Any other thing na fanfare

1 Like

Re: Is She Married Or Not? by praxs(m): 3:53am On Jan 26, 2015
chidyhels:

End of quote

Marriage has finished
Any other thing na fanfare
will you then call it divorce if the marriage shwould be cancelled in November?
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 4:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Call a spade,a spade.

It's her traditional marriage and bride price that has been paid and in the days of our fathers,when those two things are done,na to pack and go to husband house.
As it is,she is married but her marriage has not been solemnised...
If she leaves you to a new goldberg,it should be termed disolution

2 Likes

Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 26, 2015
She is married shikena.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 5:41am On Jan 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
She is married shikena.
Good morning hon' smiley
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 26, 2015
Odillz:

Good morning hon' smiley
Good morning dear. Hope you are feeling better now?
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Monicasque(f): 5:58am On Jan 26, 2015
Do u want to say she is engaged? No she is married bt is nt done yet as our culture requires too many things before it can be pronounced official marriage. If she meets another guy she is supposed she can still give u yo bride price back, it is not divorce bt it is not keeping to her end of the promise
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Jamean(f): 6:41am On Jan 26, 2015
Yes, she is very married smiley, as the fulfilment of traditional wedding rites is the hallmark of African marriage.

The wedding at Cana was cultural. Church wedding is western culture, but still not wrong.

Separation in November is divorce, and bride price must be returned to make it authentic.

But OP...this kain question you are asking: another man, divorce....there are 2 things involved undecided.

But....
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Sanchez01: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2015
Yes, she's married! The problem overtime has been the 'white wedding' which most people feel they must observe before being termed 'married'. Once the bride price is paid and the traditional rites have been performed, the white/church wedding is just another means of saying "people, come and see ooo; again, we say we're married."

By tradition, you are and if such man falls short of financing a white wedding, tell me, wouldn't he just take the woman to the registry and 'finalize' the agreement?
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Good morning dear. Hope you are feeling better now?
Yea.thanks smiley
I just need to talk to you.
But when we see.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 26, 2015
Odillz:

Yea.thanks smiley
I just need to talk to you.
But when we see.
How about weekend?
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Sweetmarriage: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2015
praxs:
I need your opinion guys on this scenario. You are dating a girl and you proposed to marry her in June which she agreed. In august, you went for introduction, paid the bride and fullfill all that is required. the parents accepted you and you all agreed on the date for the marriage which will be in December. The question now is, is the girl married or not? If another guy happens to meet this lady in October and he has interest in her,will it be right to tell him she is married or not? Then again, if u said she is married but a situation comes that the marriage is cancelled in November, will it mean that she has been divorced? Remember also, the bible did not state that a pastor must ordained a man and woman in church before the are married.... What's your take on this

Helo. I think married people have more experience in answering this question. I want to post your question on our facebook page, for more responses. On facebook search for Nigerian Papalette. But i need your permission first. Thanks.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2015
She's married, all others are ceremony.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by praxs(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2015
Sweetmarriage:

Helo. I think married people have more experience in answering this question. I want to post your question on our facebook page, for more responses. On facebook search for Nigerian Papalette. But i need your permission first. Thanks.
. Permission granted
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by ABEngine(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2015
No she is not! You only paid the "bride" and not her "bride price" you may still have to return to her parents with the "price". grin

#kidding

Good morning
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Melahou(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2015
passage of goods has passed from the seller to the buyer and therefore ownership has taken place(payment of bride price)
she`s married in that case and if the marriage is canceled it means you are divorcing her...
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
How about weekend?
Feb 8 would be perfect.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Odillz:

Feb 8 would be perfect.
OK dear.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
OK dear.
What's your best color?
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
Odillz:

What's your best color?
Hmmmm my love I'm addicted to white o. What's yours?

BTW won't you see me on my birthday too
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Hmmmm my love I'm addicted to white o. What's yours?

BTW won't you see me on my birthday too
I would love to buh work angry
but I would make up for it on 8th sad
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Odillz:

I would love to buh work angry
but I would make up for it on 8th sad
OK.
You swim?
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Odillz: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
OK.
You swim?
I drown tongue

1 Like

Re: Is She Married Or Not? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Odillz:

I drown tongue
I'm gonna drown you on 8 then lol.
Re: Is She Married Or Not? by upsky: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
She's married ooooo

(1) (Reply)

I Caught My Fiance With His Boss!.. / Things You Must Do Before Turning 30 / Chekout This Photo Of Kim Kardashian's Hot Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.