Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

#20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby (2816 Views)

Is using The Bible As A Moral Guide To Raise A Child Harmful? / Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. / Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by OnlyMary(f): 9:56am On Jan 26, 2015
#20 INTERESTING WAYS TO RAISE A SMART, INTELLIGENT AND FRIENDLY BABY

#1. It starts from your appearance. Don’t just look, make eye contact. Does your baby really know you? Take advantage of those brief moments when your newborn's eyes are open, and look right into them. Infants recognize faces early on -- and yours is the most important! Each time your baby stares at you, s/he's building his/her memory.

#2. Stick out your tongue. That’s funny, right? tongue Studies show that newborns as young as 2 days old can imitate simple facial movements -- it's a sign of very early problem solving.

#3. Let your baby reflect. Have your baby stare at himself in the mirror. I know there is a superstition in some African culture that is against this babies looking at the mirror. But it is a new world. Remember, you are raising a wonderful kid in a new generation. At first, he may think he's just eyeing another cute kid, but he'll love making the "other" baby wave his arms and smile.

#4. Make a difference. Hold up two pictures about 8 to 12 inches away from your baby's face. They should be similar but have one small difference (perhaps a tree is in one but not the other). Even an infant will look back and forth and figure out the distinguishing features, which sets the stage for letter recognition and reading later on.

#5. Blab away. All you may get is a blank look, but leave short pauses where your baby would speak. Soon she'll catch on to the rhythm of conversation and start filling in the blanks.

#6. Go gaga! (in Chuddy K’s voice). Yes your baby needs to see you go crazy at times (lol). S/he really tunes in to your silly cooing and high-pitched baby talk.

#7. Sing a song. Learn as many tunes as you can, or make up your own verses ("This is the way we change your diaper, change your diaper, change your diaper . . . Kira is a fine girl, E I E I O ...London bridge is falling down..."wink. Some research suggests that learning the rhythms of music is linked to learning math.

#8. Clue him in. When you announce, "I'm going to turn on the light now" before flipping the switch, you're teaching cause and effect.

#9. Tickle her toes. In fact, tickle her all over. Laughter is the first step in developing a sense of humour.

#10. Be a funny face. Puff up your cheeks, and have your toddler touch your nose. When she does, poof! Have her pull your ear, and then stick out your tongue. Make a funny noise when she pats your head. Keep to the same routine three or four times, then change the rules to keep her guessing. Don’t let her easily predict you. It is a big lesson in life.

#11. Joke around. Point to a photo of Uncle Frank, and call him "Mommy." Then tell your child that you were being silly and laugh at your "joke" to build her budding sense of humor.

#12. Surprise her. Every now and then, delight your baby by gently blowing on her face, arms, or tummy. Make a pattern out of your breaths, and watch her react and anticipate.

#13. Play some hide and seek game with your kid. Grab a few empty plastic food containers, and hide one of your baby's small toys under one. Shuffle the containers, and let him find the prize. Your hide-and-seek antics do more than bring on the giggles. Your baby learns that objects can disappear and then come back.

#14. Pick it up. Even if it seems like your baby repeatedly drops toys off her high chair just to drive you nuts, go fetch. She's learning and testing the laws of gravity. Give her several pieces of wadded-up paper or some tennis balls, put an open bucket under her seat, and let her take aim!

#15. Count everything. Count whatever is countable in the room or around your house; the cups on the table, the number of steps in your house, his fingers and toes. Make a habit of counting out loud, and soon he'll join in.

#16. Read books. Again and again! Scientists have found that babies as young as 8 months can learn to recognize the sequence of words in a story when it's read 2 or 3 times in a row -- this is believed to help them learn language.

#17. Make a family album. Include photographs of relatives near and far, and flip through it often to build your child's memories. When Grandma or Aunt Funmi calls, show him her picture as he listens on the phone.

#18. Dress up. Let your toddler play with some of Dad's old shirts. Dig out old hats, scarves, or daddy’s eye glasses (sun shade). Put yourselves in pretend situations, and see where his creativity and imagination take you.

#19. Get a reliable tutor. As you watch your child grow older, you may not have enough time to spend with him or her owing to busy schedule at work. You would need to get the service of a reliable home tutor that will help to train your child to be academically sound. There is a need for a practical application of what you have above on your child’s academics. Get him or her a tutor at age 3 and above and watch as he becomes a smart and intelligent child. There are several tutor agencies in Nigeria. Go on-line and search for a reputable one. I recommend Think First Tutors because they have proven to be outstanding.

#20. Ensure that you do number 19. Have a great day!

Written by Akinyele Kolade Abel,

koladeakinyele@thinkfirsttutors.com

www.thinkfirsttutors.com

“There are no dull students anywhere...”

Source: http://grammarembassy..com/2015/01/20-interesting-ways-to-raise-smart.html

5 Likes

Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Nice writeup will put into practise
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2015
This is an interesting read but do you think naija papaz gat time to do these lessons when they have things to think of.. I doubt that, even some women sef, to give their baby,that natural milk, fresh, they are carrying, they'll put it inside one 5litres keg for them to fed because of they don't have time(that is if dey do not feed them cow or goat in d name of cerealac! . Career is important.. Make una remember they(babies) are our future leaders sha...

1 Like

Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by Sabadon(m): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2015
can't wait to b a father....d euphoria hmmm
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by freecocoa(f): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2015
Good article, babies are indeed wonderful.

I was wowed the day a baby of 6 months wiggled her toe while watching me do the same thing, she was just looking at me, after which she tried to do what I was doing.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by MrsDaramola(f): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
This article deserves to be on front page. Every parent needs to benefit from this.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by blank(f): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sabadon:
can't wait to b a father....d euphoria hmmm

.... d sleepless nights.

..... d money for diapers.

.... the crying.

Don't let me put you off but those things are there as well.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by MrsDaramola(f): 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
blank:

.... d sleepless nights.

.... the crying.

Yes they are really worth noting. But the truth is that when you endure the pain, you would discover at the end that it is really worthy of the sacrifice. There is no cross without a crown, no pain, no gain. Key: 'It is easier to build boys than to mend men.

1 Like

Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by krystal101(f): 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes oooo! I love my children. Nothing good comes easy. Sleepless night, diapers etc... Its worth it

MrsDaramola:

Yes they are really worth noting. But the truth is that when you endure the pain, you would discover at the end that it is really worthy of the sacrifice. There is no cross without a crown, no pain, no gain. Key: 'It is easier to build boys than to mend men.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Lovely post@ op.

Btw, its E I E I O, not eya eya o.

thanks
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by Sabadon(m): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
blank:

.... d sleepless nights.

.... the crying.

lolzzzz u re rite tho bt it all add up to make d experience worth it
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by kendraloops(f): 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tutor at age 3?? Mehn, you gotta be kidding moi!! What da heck!!
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by MrsDaramola(f): 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
kendraloops:
Tutor at age 3?? Mehn, you gotta be kidding moi!! What da heck!!

Are you on this earth at all? Does the sound of the word 'tutor' frighten you? angry grin
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by kendraloops(f): 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
MrsDaramola:

Are you on this earth at all? Does the sound of the word 'tutor' frighten you? angry grin

c
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by MrsDaramola(f): 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
kendraloops:

Mtcheeew!!!!!

Now I know who you are. I'm sorry I almost forgot that this is Nairaland where any lad thinks he or she has the right to talk to anyone anyhow.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by kendraloops(f): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
MrsDaramola:

Now I know who you are. I'm sorry I almost forgot that this is Nairaland where any lad thinks he or she has the right to talk to anyone anyhow.

M
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by angelTI(f): 6:52am On Jan 27, 2015
civilceno:
This is an interesting read but do you think naija papaz gat time to do these lessons when they have things to think of.. I doubt that, even some women sef, to give their baby,that natural milk, fresh, they are carrying, they'll put it inside one 5litres keg for them to fed because of they don't have time(that is if dey do not feed them cow or goat in d name of cerealac! . Career is important.. Make una remember they(babies) are our future leaders sha...

Don't generalise. For the fact that you can't do it does not mean some people that knows the importance can't despite their career or tight schedule
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by kendraloops(f): 7:44am On Jan 27, 2015
MrsDaramola:

Really? I typed that to you?? i must av been under the influence of something cos i normally don't do such. I apologise ma'am. Good morning.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by mcdokwe(m): 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Makes me wanna cry. All this points to the fact I was being a good father and building my child till they swore I wasn't going to see her again

Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by OnlyMary(f): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
mcdokwe:
Makes me wanna cry. All this points to the fact I was being a good father and building my child till they swore I wasn't going to see her again

Really? shocked Oh, sorry. Take heart, God knows the best for you.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by Rose2014: 3:23am On Jan 30, 2015
Following*
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by OnlyMary(f): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
Rose2014:
Following*

Good.
Re: #20 Interesting Ways To Raise A Smart, Intelligent And Friendly Baby by aariwa(m): 8:40am On Feb 24, 2018
Interesting write up

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know Why My Dad Doesn’t Like Me / Now You Can Do Something About Your Boring Wall With Just #1500 / Doubting Husband To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.