Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? (17389 Views)

Inec Postpone Election Due To Pressure From Presidency / Dont Postpone The Elections, NLC Warns / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nickymezor(f): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yeah, i think so.... Me neva get my own pvc sef...
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Toneyo(m): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:
It won't take you more than an hour to collect the card, it took me less than 10mins, so anybody that has refused to collect his/her PVC till now is probably not planning on collecting or perhaps dead or are no more in Nigeria, cos I saw atleast 5 people that are dead and some that have travelled out of the country on the pasted list(I registered beside my house, so we all know each other. Before person start to quote me) in other words, let the election go on as planned.

It took me 1:30 mins searching for my PVC on the first day the collection of PVCs was announced. I have gone out 4 good times searching yet i could not find my PVC till today.
Tell me what could have happen to it? Pls let them postpone the election I need mine.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by UTEWUOJO: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
No way!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Obienesarah: 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
aguiyi:

are you sure you have a certificate, which one be CARPENTER "NO" again?
Ur answer is No! can't u see he's showing his master's skills here.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by jzdoberman: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
aguiyi:

are you sure you have a certificate, which one be CARPENTER "NO" again?

You go no say na APC die hard...no blame am, him keyboard get small fault.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by TeamORP: 12:05am On Jan 27, 2015
Postponement is not necessary.

INEC had four years to produce distribute PVCs, there's no guarantee the electoral body will be able to accomplish this task in another 4 years.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Dannyset(m): 12:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Jyraff:

cheesy bros! u for even say mechanic NO! I hail o! grin

I wonder ooo!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Dannyset(m): 12:14am On Jan 27, 2015
konny1:

Which one is CARPENTER ''NO'' Bros u need Jesus

I really do oo my broda!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Dannyset(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2015
jzdoberman:

You go no say na APC die hard...no blame am, him keyboard get small fault.

Hahahahahaha!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Dannyset(m): 12:18am On Jan 27, 2015
Obienesarah:
Ur answer is No! can't u see he's showing his master's skills here.

Hahahahahaha!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by lilianugo454: 12:59am On Jan 27, 2015
They don't need to postpone the election,why because we can't wait to elect Jonathan to the seat
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by digitsolution: 1:27am On Jan 27, 2015
After 4years it's now they want a postponement? This reeks of incompetence!

Let's do this election and get it over with and move on with our lives!!!!

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by dafuturis(m): 1:39am On Jan 27, 2015
It took me just 2mins to get mine,.. Yes not exaggerating. Came back told my mum to go collect hers she was like don't have time, delays,. U know complains from a typical Nigeria. Finally I was a able to convince her and this was three days after I collected mine. She returned to tell me that it took her just 1mins. She joined me ''cajole team'' we were able to convince my steely elder bro and dad to collect theirs.

#Truth; Many of us actually haven't gone to collect our PCV. Tho. Not totally relieving INEC of blame.

Get your PVCs let's correct this WRONG by PDP.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 27, 2015
[size=14pt]PDP do not want to hold the elections as they know that they would lose a free and fair elections.

They have prepared some ready-made excuses :

Election violence (which they can instigate)

Boko Haram (which is again assisting the PDP govt by intensifying attacks as elections approach- rememer Boko Haram'e role in ending fuel price protests in January 2012 when the started bombing the lingering protest venues in Kano until the protests were scattered)

Unavailability of PVC and general un-preparedness (again somthing they chose to allow; Even the electoral act 2014 that is supposed to be in place before every election has not been seen to take place for 2015 elections)

Ebola (which I have consistently said is a hoax will probably re-emerge on the eve of elections) to frighten Nigerians into accepting postponement.

We must not agree to postponement - it is as good as rigging.

If it is postponed then APC's threatened parallel govt should be installed.[/size]

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by seguntijan(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2015
CHANGE OF CONTINUITY

Our resilience as Nigerians under any circumstance cum imposed ignorance of the majority has always accommodated our so-called corrupt leaders who cause us untold hardships to go scot-free. It has given them the impudence, despite scorecards of non-performance and inefficiency, to still go around campaigning for re-election. This is not exclusive of the councilors and the chairmen, the representatives and the senators, the governors and the presidents who now seek blessings from unholy religious charlatans.

At this critical point of our history, we must decide out fate to change or continue. We must retrospect into slave trade and current political trade; we must juxtapose colonialism of the white over us with the ‘colonialism’ of our own people over us. Are we free from chains of injustice and oppression? Are we free from hunger? Are we free from hard labour, working all days and having nothing to show for it? Are we not being ruled by indigenous foreigners? Do we have access to our leaders? Are they not living an absolutely luxurious life while their subjects live in abject poverty? Are they not criminally squandering our resources for selfish personal ambition? Are they not hypocrites by claiming Islam or Christianity? Are corrupt people not the closest to the leaders? Are many questions not begging to be answered by these leaders?

If we must liberate ourselves from their shackles, if we must stop modern slavery and domestic colonialism, if we must restore our glory as humans and as citizens of this nation, we must be ready for change. Yes! The status quo must change. Deliberate peddling of falsehood to assassinate characters must stop. We must wisely pursue the change so that the brains behind ‘Nigeria will disintegrate by 2015’ will be disgraced. There are some writings on the wall which may precipitate this.

One, the postponement of the election for whatever reason may be tantamount to duplicity, incompetence and intrigue. It shows that FOUR years were not enough to plan for just one third or even fourth of the nation to cast their votes! The timing cum the tension between the two main opposition parties, the election organizers and the presidency, who is in this case a judge in his own court, could draw the nation back. Before now, there had been rumour that it may be postponed; again the national security officer of the nation has gone abroad to give credence to the rumour, even if it is personal opinion, he failed to explain how it is a security issue looking at the surrounding factors. Perhaps, he did that for security reason too so that it will cause hullabaloo and reaction for it not to be postponed! Already, some reports reveal that the military are not in support of postponement. Again, United States of America has advised or directed that it should not be postponed. We hope our democracy will be freer than that of Egypt where double standard was at its peak. Despite the democratic process that was botched by military coup and terrible killings of the innocent people, the champions of democracy kept mute. So, Nigerians must sensitive as it is difficult to trust any so-called foreign power. It is always, first and foremost, their permanent interest.

Two, unsolicited religious alliance and spread of falsified, manipulation of data or unconfirmed information on the social media about personalities of the contestants is mischievously misleading. Religious persons are expected to be more of truth and justice loving. If a driver is drunk, I should not say because he is my brother, that he drives all of us into the river because of the stipends attached. Agreed that on ordinary ground, a Muslim will prefer a Muslim and a Christian will prefer same but not to the extent of blindness to the clear and true analyses. We must exercise caution on what we post on social media. Fabricating lies will not change anything. We must, I personally believe, desist from making degrading images of the leadership even if we do not love them. It does not speak well about the image of the country. How many countries in the world do we see doing that? Let us intellectually articulate our positions. Let us use very good means to explain to the people what we think is wrong

Three, foul play, cancelation of election result or its rejection if not favorable will be a serious challenge to the nation. The Niger Deltan militants are openly threatening war if their son is not returned and no security agent is taking them to account. The Northerners too are likely to react if they sense foul play as they are already fatigued by Boko Haram in their doorsteps. The situation is gradually getting tensed amidst mistrust and counter oppositions especially between the main parties and the people.

We must put God First. We must clearly understand that neither Buhari nor Jonathan can change our self-imposed excruciating situation. Only God can change and only Him can continue for certainty. But He will not come down to help change our situations. It is our direct duty to change our drivers. He will want us to utilize His divine gifts of intellect powered by moral sense of judgement to decide accordingly. Let us not put our hope in a mortal. Anything could happen as it has always happened.

As the loving citizens of this nation are praying and planning, so are the satanic agents also conspiring! But God’s will shall be done. Let us not forget the era the nation came together for MKO. But what was the result? Some cabals who are still alive conspired and the rest is history. Do know that those who benefit from the status-quo will do everything possible to truncate your clamour for change. Do also remember the ‘beyond Nigeria powers’ (BNP) who really milk the resources of the nation like Fulani man milks his cow. They will stake their interest even if it is against the wish of the whole Nigeria. Do know that there are some big-time companies who may sense ‘no business as usual’ that will support continuity of corruption than to vote for its change. Do know that incumbency owns all machineries of all election process. So, if it decides to act against the popular order, nobody can act otherwise unless you want to cause chaos. If for example, it decides as against popular opinion to postpone the election. Already, the social media is massively a campaign ground for counter positions on who becomes the next president. In all these situations, we must not forget money power!

If continuity means status-quo – no light, no water, no security, no accountability, then there must be change. Our fate resides in our faith in the power of God. Let us pray fervently for Him to guide the change process to fruition. Change is obligatory when your future is being mortgaged. Post election change is as important as pre-election change. In the face of open rigging what do you do? If there is nullification of results in some areas due to engineered crises what do you do? A lot goes with every election. What does Buhari want to change? What does Jonathan want to continue?

This is the time to reposition our nation. This is the time to ignite the change. The change at the presidency is only the beginning. We will return to change the current elements in all the sectors of the nation. We appeal to our international ‘behind the screen voters’ to allow the current democracy take its course. I look forward to that change that will make a Nigerian foreign Minister visit America, France, Britain, Russia, etc to advise and guide them on how to elect their leaders. I look forward to that change that will make Nigerian currency equal to US dollars. I look to that change that make students and scholars across the world come to study in Nigeria. If all these will happen, our coming election will be the starting point. SO HELP US GOD!

Adeniyi O.Z. (PhD)
omotopeadeniyi@gmail.com
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Burger01(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2015
Dannyset:
CARPENTER "NO"
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Burger01(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
No. Postponement will be seen as a sign of bad faith by the government. It's important to avoid such shenanigans to secure peaceful elections.
Seun na wa o.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Alezy(m): 9:02am On Jan 27, 2015
safarigirl:
collected wetin? I no even get to collect. Neither candidates have impressed me so I'm not voting
Same here, not voting either. I just need the Pvc thats all.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by bjolodo99: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2015
NO
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Actionleap: 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
I overheard some APC guys discussing yesterday that they've returned Alimosho LGA PVC from Osun state where it was borrowed for Aregbesola"s election. Can anybody shed light on this to know if it's true or not. Remember, INEC state coordinator Akeju was said to be a member of APC in mind and spirit...
Moreover, what the electoral law says is that election must be held within 90 - 30days before the handover date of the office being contested for. so, within the law, extension is possible.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by lookmangiw(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
From what I heard at INEC office today at my area. All hope of getting my PVC before Febuhari Election is lost. I was categorically told by the head there that all of us that registered last year cannot get our card before the election. Why is Jega then insisting that election would be conducted by PVC alone. I'm watching sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

State Of The Parties: Graveyard Peace In Apc / Kachikwu: $40b Down The Drain In Niger Delta / Ejigbo, Osun Rejects Naming Of School After Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.