Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu (650 Views)

Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia / Between South Sudan And The Hate Republic Of Biafra - Nkenu Timothy / Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
2015 Elections: In the Middle

by

Timothy Nkenu Woma
(@timzy234
)

The polls are just a stone-throw away; campaigns are intense, new facts and facts-not about the candidates keep coming out each day just like in any typical Nigerian election. The general major focus, as expected, is on the presidential election which realistically happens to be a contest between two political titans, both with cult-like followership. The political titans here are the incumbent president, Dr. Goodluck E. Jonathan and former Head of State, Gen. Muhamadu Buhari. Anybody else contesting at this time that realistically hopes to win should be put in a psychiatric hospital for having what I term as visionary hallucination.

Before I indulge myself in writing my major point, I must congratulate Nigerians as this sense of unity in supporting a candidate has never been before. We have many ‘Chinedus’ supporting Buhari and ‘Musas’ supporting Jonathan. This indicates Nigeria is waxing stronger and the days of supporting a candidate based on sentiments of any kind, might be close to ending.
A lot of allegations have been made, a lot of name-calling, fact-finding et al. Generally, the hype for the elections is just momentous. I have always been ‘in-between’ since the whole election trail started and maintained that status quo not because it’s favorable but because I’m confused. Both sides have been able to convince and confuse me.

When Buhari talked about the “dog and the baboon” shedding blood, my brain instantly deduced he was talking about violence and I decided to support Jonathan. Barely a month into my support, Asari-Dokubo came out making series of threats about shedding blood if Jonathan loses and just like that, I withdrew my support for ‘Oga Jona’ as I hate any such threats and also because I live in the North and ‘na we dey suffer the violence pass anybody else’.

The Buhari camp said Jonathan is clueless and that his lackadaisical attitude made Boko Haram thrive, I said “Hell no!” there’s no way I’d support a man like that to go to back to the presidency. Just after I made up my mind for Buhari, the Jonathan team successfully said that the Boko Haram problem is one that is only being fought in Nigeria but planned elsewhere and with the kind of conspiracy movies I watch, I believed what they said and withdrew my support for Buhari and remained at the middle, as usual.

Now more recently and still lingering is the whole Buhari certificate saga; people alleging that Gen. Buhari does not have a certificate or did not attend high school. On hearing the allegations, I decided to support Jonathan as I can’t support someone ‘wey no go school’ but again, the Buhari team has ‘repelled the attack’ by producing the statement of result of the General. Once again, that battle has made me maintain my ‘middle’ status and so it shall be.

I have decided to remain at the middle spot as it is unclear to see who’s lying and who’s not. It’s impossible to know which of the two sides cooks up stories and which one tells it as it is so for now, I shall assume, and hope it’s correct, that both sides have at one time or the other been at the ‘lie-producing’ end and so, none is worth my support. I shall pray that I make up my mind finally and that when I finally do, it won’t be after the election(s).

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu by curiouses: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
So what do you want us to do? Tell you why GMB is the saviour? Hell No, you can see that yourself. Tell you why Jona must be thrown out? I believe you are not so blind to figure that. Kontunu sitting on the fence, I am sure the wind of change will soon blow you to progressive's side.
Re: 2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
curiouses:
So what do you want us to do? Tell you why GMB is the saviour? Hell No, you can see that yourself. Tell you why Jona must be thrown out? I believe you are not so blind to figure that. Kontunu sitting on the fence, I am sure the wind of change will soon blow you to progressive's side.

hmmm
Re: 2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu by jaspe1r(m): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
i fhnk all nigerian politicians re learned hypocrites and liars
Re: 2015 Elections: In The Middle - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 27, 2015
jaspe1r:
i fhnk all nigerian politicians re learned hypocrites and liars

all are, in their own little ways.

(1) (Reply)

Ait Takes Down An Online Poll Because Buhari Was Leading / A Show Of Shame In Edo State. / Where Is Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.