Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu (1387 Views)

Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters / Don’t Panic, Presidency Tells Jonathan’s Supporters: Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 27, 2015
CLASSES OF JONATHAN'S SUPPORTERS AND WHAT THEY FEAR ABOUT BUHARI

by

Timothy Nkenu Woma

(@timzy234)

Virtually everyone I have talked about the elections to agrees to a considerable extent that Nigeria needs a change and while majority of the Buhari supporters would vote for him because they believe in change, most of the “Jonathanians” support their candidate because he is to them, the “lesser devil” of the two major contestants.

Before I go any further, I would love to restate my neutrality in this election (refer to my last article; “2015 Elections: Confused At The Middle”). My neutrality is rooted in the constant war of words and my inability to find who is really lying between PDP and the APC.

There are three categories of “Jonathanians” and what they all fear about Buhari winning the elections. I have categorized the three classes of GEJ supporters and what they fear about Buhari. These three categories are: the (PDP) elites, lay supporters and the Asaris.
As regards the (PDP) elites, their major fear is that there would be a change in the modus operandi of the country’s governance. The PDP has built an empire since 1999 (probably way before) that would be prejudiced should Buhari win. Those (PDP elites) who are strongly convinced that Buhari would win have long decided to support Buhari in an attempt to be safe in the eventuality that their fear becomes reality; if the fear they have simply remains in their minds and does not actualize i.e. if Buhari does not win, all of them would come back to the PDP.

The next category is the lay supporter, most of who have been cajoled into believing the increasingly much propaganda against Buhari and have long learnt to embrace Jonathan as the saviour. To them, their fears are deep rooted in their belief of what Buhari would do if he wins; their fears spin around the several allegations made against Buhari i.e. Islamizing Nigeria, taking Nigeria back to the old archaic days of undemocratic leadership, dealing with personal enemies rather than focusing on governance etcetera. To them, as the adage says, “better the devil you know than the angel you don’t”. An additional fear of theirs is the caliber of some core Buhari backers and do not believe that any ‘change’ can occur with their kind as though they fail to see some of Jonathan’s backers.(Since I dey for middle, nothing concern me)

Last but the most ardent category of Jonathan’s supporters are the Asaris (of course you know where the name originates from); those that belief (and fear) that power should be based on region and religion and that Buhari’s would be “unfair” to them. They believe it’s their time and Buhari winning the elections would be robbing them of their “rights”. Being neutral, I must admit that Buhari also has this same set of supporters just that they’re lesser compared to Jonathan’s. I loathe this group of supporters (on both sides).
A very minute set of people support Jonathan because they believe he is the best candidate and please still remember that I remain neutral but realistic. So… see you at the polls.

(c) 2015.

1 Like

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by harrysterol(m): 7:12am On Jan 27, 2015
nothing concern me
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Well done @OP
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 27, 2015
barcanista:
Well done @OP

Thanks.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by ichidodo: 7:15am On Jan 27, 2015
How much them pay you?We will top that for you to write classes of Buhari supporters and how much the hypocrites hate GEJ...
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by lawrencemleopo: 7:16am On Jan 27, 2015
it is all a fear factor and that fear will be confirmed come feb 14.

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 27, 2015
ichidodo:
How much them pay you?..

Hahaha.... I'm 16 and nobody int heir right senses would pay a teen ager to write for them.

3 Likes

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by ichidodo: 7:19am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

Hahaha.... I'm 16 and nobody int heir right senses would pay a teen ager to write for them.
Ok let us 'believe' you're still undergoin puberty....

1 Like

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2015
ichidodo:
Ok let us 'believe' you're still undergoin puberty....

Hahaha. At least I have grown in my "puberty" to be more realistic than you can ever be.

smiley

6 Likes

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Firefire(m): 7:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Neutrality ? Op please don't stop lies yet your success depend on it.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan till you stop telling lies.

Goodluck!
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 27, 2015
Firefire:
Neutrality ? Op please don't stop lies yet your success depend on it.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan till you stop telling lies.

Goodluck!

Yes, I'm going to write something about Buhari too...

I remain neutral, but realistic.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by 1stola: 7:29am On Jan 27, 2015
mod!
FP pls
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Truckpusher(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:
CLASSES OF JONATHAN'S SUPPORTERS AND WHAT THEY FEAR ABOUT BUHARI

by

Timothy Nkenu Woma

(@timzy234)

Virtually everyone I have talked about the elections to agrees to a considerable extent that Nigeria needs a change and while majority of the Buhari supporters would vote for him because they believe in change, most of the “Jonathanians” support their candidate because he is to them, the “lesser devil” of the two major contestants.

Before I go any further, I would love to restate my neutrality in this election (refer to my last article; “2015 Elections: Confused At The Middle”). My neutrality is rooted in the constant war of words and my inability to find who is really lying between PDP and the APC.

There are three categories of “Jonathanians” and what they all fear about Buhari winning the elections. I have categorized the three classes of GEJ supporters and what they fear about Buhari. These three categories are: the (PDP) elites, lay supporters and the Asaris.
As regards the (PDP) elites, their major fear is that there would be a change in the modus operandi of the country’s governance. The PDP has built an empire since 1999 (probably way before) that would be prejudiced should Buhari win. Those (PDP elites) who are strongly convinced that Buhari would win have long decided to support Buhari in an attempt to be safe in the eventuality that their fear becomes reality; if the fear they have simply remains in their minds and does not actualize i.e. if Buhari does not win, all of them would come back to the PDP.

The next category is the lay supporter, most of who have been cajoled into believing the increasingly much propaganda against Buhari and have long learnt to embrace Jonathan as the saviour. To them, their fears are deep rooted in their belief of what Buhari would do if he wins; their fears spin around the several allegations made against Buhari i.e. Islamizing Nigeria, taking Nigeria back to the old archaic days of undemocratic leadership, dealing with personal enemies rather than focusing on governance etcetera. To them, as the adage says, “better the devil you know than the angel you don’t”. An additional fear of theirs is the caliber of some core Buhari backers and do not believe that any ‘change’ can occur with their kind as though they fail to see some of Jonathan’s backers.(Since I dey for middle, nothing concern me)

Last but the most ardent category of Jonathan’s supporters are the Asaris (of course you know where the name originates from); those that belief (and fear) that power should be based on region and religion and that Buhari’s would be “unfair” to them. They believe it’s their time and Buhari winning the elections would be robbing them of their “rights”. Being neutral, I must admit that Buhari also has this same set of supporters just that they’re lesser compared to Jonathan’s. I loathe this group of supporters (on both sides).
A very minute set of people support Jonathan because they believe he is the best candidate and please still remember that I remain neutral but realistic. So… see you at the polls.

(c) 2015.
Trash of the century.

I bet you belong to the same Buhari fanatic supporters in the North and the same fanatic behavior is already affecting some of them here in NL.

How do you rate the IQ of a man that says that even if Buhari presents a toilet roll as a certificate that they will still vote for him and tomorrow some other person from another region will now use it as an excuse after all Buhari got it without a certificate why can't he? undecided

Buhari is wasting his time and even if he wins he is still not eligible until he meets INEC simple requirement after all the last thing any man with integrity would have done was to release the damn certificate and shut everybody up for once and forever instead they were busy ridiculing themselves for more than two months now. How hard it is for a man with any integrity to present his credentials if the authenticity of his credentials are being questioned?

If Buhari is sure that his certificate is in intact let him come out and issue an official statement confirming the useless oluwole version you guys have been circulating online let him feel the wrath of the law

BUHARI SHOW US YOUR CERTIFICATE OR PULL OVER angry

1 Like

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by ichidodo: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

Hahaha. At least I have grown in my "puberty" to be more realistic than you can ever be.

smiley
In your small teenage world, i guess.

1 Like

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Trash of the century.

I bet you belong to the same Buhari fanatic supporters in the North and the same fanatic behavior is already affecting some of them here in NL.

How do you rate the IQ of a man that says that even if Buhari presents a toilet roll as a certificate that they will still vote for him and tomorrow some other person from another region will now use it as an excuse after all Buhari got it without a certificate why can't he? undecided

Buhari is wasting his time and even if he wins he is still not eligible until he meets INEC simple requirement after all the last thing any man with integrity would have done was to release the damn certificate and shut everybody up for once and forever instead they were busy ridiculing themselves for more than two months now. How hard it is for a man with any integrity to present his credentials if the authenticity of his credentials are being questioned?

If Buhari is sure that his certificate is in intact let him come out and issue an official statement confirming the useless oluwole version you guys have been circulating online let him feel the wrath of the law

BUHARI SHOW US YOUR CERTIFICATE OR PULL OVER angry

Hahaha.

I'm neutral, but realistic
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 27, 2015
ichidodo:
In your small teenage world, i guess.

I guess Nairaland is "part of my world" lol.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by ichidodo: 7:37am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

I guess Nairaland is "part of my world" lol.

*chuckles* look at you, making jokes already..Good one.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Truckpusher(m): 7:37am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

Hahaha.

I'm neutral, but realistic
That' the true word - We should be realistic
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by SweetJoystick(m): 7:43am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

Nice write up from a 16 year old, thumbs up
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 27, 2015
SweetJoystick:

Nice write up from a 16 year old, thumbs up

Thank you sir.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by jaspe1r(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2015
i prefer the asaris!! they stand fr sumfn(consistency is the atribute of the brave) nt fearfl supporters
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 27, 2015
jaspe1r:
i prefer the asaris!! they stand fr sumfn(consistency is the atribute of the brave) nt fearfl supporters

Hehehe....
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by OLADD: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

No wonder! A 16-year old is still a toddler and novice when Nigeria's political discuss is on the table. Apart from leaning the robe in conventional education, your IQ is still in the embryo stage and that alludes to why you're still under the tutelage of your parents and school teachers. However, avail yourself the luxury of the internet by googling Buhari's personal and political antecedents on your phone, I can assure you that his escapades will send jitters into your brain. What am I trying to bring across? Nobody, I repeat, nobody is afraid of Buhari. What gives Nigerians concerns about him is how Nigeria may return as a pariah stare if he returns as head of government. Buhari is a murderer, tribalist, fundamentalist (I know you'll want to dispute this, just take a short route of googling his numerous interviews and form your opinion), pretender, chameleon and above all, an uneducated tyrant. So, don't come here to preach the gospel of "fear", it exist only in your unconscious imagination.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2015
OLADD:

No wonder! A 16-year old is still a toddler and novice when Nigeria's political discuss is on the table. Apart from leaning the robe in conventional education, your IQ is still in the embryo stage and that alludes to why you're still under the tutelage of your parents and school teachers. However, avail yourself the luxury of the internet by googling Buhari's personal and political antecedents on your phone, I can assure you that his escapades will send jitters into your brain. What am I trying to bring across? Nobody, I repeat, nobody is afraid of Buhari. What gives Nigerians concerns about him is how Nigeria may return as a pariah stare if he returns as head of government. Buhari is a murderer, tribalist, fundamentalist (I know you'll want to dispute this, just take a short route of googling his numerous interviews and form your opinion), pretender, chameleon and above all, an uneducated tyrant. So, don't come here to preach the gospel of "fear", it exist only in your unconscious imagination.

I'm a second year law student.

Just to inform you.

wink wink
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Adminisher: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2015
OLADD:

It is you that has problems. You are ideologically empty and not open minded to understand the socio economic context that characterized Buhari's first coming. You are calling a sixteen year old immature yet you are far more shallow and lacking in originality of thinking than him.
When Buhari first came into power there was no globalization, internet was in infancy. First of all I want you to understand the sheer implications of this fact alone. There was no globalization then. Secondly the world was bi polar, the USSR was as strong as the US and their economic policy in their military and economic bloc was communism which had its own advantages and many supporters across the world.

Nigeria was non aligned and running a mixed economy which was neither communist nor capitalist and we were doing fine. In 1976 to 1985 we still had one od the world's highest economic growth rates. However there was prevalent corruption during the Shagari era, import license scams, contracts not implemented, drug smuggling, currency printing and so on. Some, people were even smuggling drugs by putting them inside dead babies. The Shagari government saddled Nigeria with a debt of $30bn at a time oil price was barely $35 a barrel, Nigeria's letters of credit was being rejected the world over and we could not buy anything. The western world wanted an immediate devaluation of currency by 300% and they were offering more loans to pay off loans. What responsible government was going to let all that go unchecked?. Most of the policies some uninformed people were blaming Bunari for were very common progressive amongst third world countries at the time include g China, India, Oman, South Korea and Japan that we are now praising now. Please open your mind, think deep and dont be an empty shallow sponge for all the information on the internet.
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by OLADD: 10:42am On Jan 27, 2015
Adminisher:

It is you that has problems. You are ideologically empty and not open minded to understand the socio economic context that characterized Buhari's first coming. You are calling a sixteen year old immature yet you are far more shallow and lacking in originality of thinking than him.
When Buhari first came into power there was no globalization, internet was in infancy. First of all I want you to understand the sheer implications of this fact alone. There was no globalization then. Secondly the world was bi polar, the USSR was as strong as the US and their economic policy in their military and economic bloc was communism which had its own advantages and many supporters across the world.

Nigeria was non aligned and running a mixed economy which was neither communist nor capitalist and we were doing fine. In 1976 to 1985 we still had one od the world's highest economic growth rates. However there was prevalent corruption during the Shagari era, import license scams, contracts not implemented, drug smuggling, currency printing and so on. Some, people were even smuggling drugs by putting them inside dead babies. The Shagari government saddled Nigeria with a debt of $30bn at a time oil price was barely $35 a barrel, Nigeria's letters of credit was being rejected the world over and we could not buy anything. The western world wanted an immediate devaluation of currency by 300% and they were offering more loans to pay off loans. What responsible government was going to let all that go unchecked?. Most of the policies some uninformed people were blaming Bunari for were very common progressive amongst third world countries at the time include g China, India, Oman, South Korea and Japan that we are now praising now. Please open your mind, think deep and dont be an empty shallow sponge for all the information on the internet.

You're a pathetic fool! Do an analytical review of your nonsensical post and see if you made any sense. I had expected you to stay in the purview of the topic under discuss and my associated rejoinder instead of beating about the bush. What has globalisation, internet usage and defunct USSR's communist rule got to do with Buhari's draconic regime and administrative misdeamenors? Even in the absence of globally accepted mode of governance, democracy had taken a firm root and sizeable acceptance in the major continents of the world as far back as 18th century. Aside this, the Nigerian press and telecommnication system was vibrant and efficient in detailing Buhari's attrocities during and after his draconic but north-friendly rule. Did he not guage the press? Did he not kill fellow Nigerians for offences that attracted jail sentences? Did Buhari send a sitting VP to jail but confined the president(who called all shorts in govt) to questionable "house arrest"? Was there any record of Buhari allowing 53 suitcases filled with dollars(and belonging to his inlaw) to be clandenstinely smuggled into the country despite his noise of fighting corruption? Were all the interviews he granted supportng institutionalisation of Sharia in Nigeria, asking muslims to vote only for fellow muslims, condemning the Fed govt for killing Boko haram members etc not well documented? Can a buffon like you convince Nairalanders the congruence of the above with the bunkum that enveloped your putrid post? Be rest assured that I won't waste my ample time to reply your out-of-track junks again. You are one of those APC chronic liars who shamefully twist facts while trying to repackage a sinking Titanic ship called APC and an unsellable semi-illiterate murderer.

1 Like

Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timzy234:

I'm a second year law student.

Just to inform you.

wink wink

So you now work for buhari campaign too. Nice cool
Re: Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
frustratedman:

So you now work for buhari campaign too. Nice cool

No I don't. I'm neutral.

(1) (Reply)

Serving Senator Pictured Sleeping with mouth open On Live NTA Broadcast / Re: Okupe Embarassed By Journalists / I Wish President Jonathan Was A Military(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.