Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Mourinho FINALLY Confesses Who His Favourite Player Is - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mourinho FINALLY Confesses Who His Favourite Player Is (595 Views)

Army Captain Ordered Us To Steal Saraki’s Money- Arrested DSS Official Confesses / Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio / Ghost Who Slapped Governor Rochas Okorocha Finally Confesses (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho FINALLY Confesses Who His Favourite Player Is by usibengate(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, has described Didier Drogba as the club’s ‘best value player ever’ and insisted that the 36-year-old was ‘not finished yet.’ 

The coach was speaking at the Football Writers’ Association Gala Tribute evening at the Savoy Hotel in London on January 25, 2015, the Daily Mail reports.

Mourinho complimented Drogba as he was honoured for his outstanding contribution to English football. In his speech, the Portuguese described the footballer as a ‘phenomenal’ person and confessed that Drogba is the best-value Chelsea player ever.

‘Throughout my career, I have always refused to say which is my favourite player or the best person, because so many have given soul and blood to play and to fight with me, but if I have to choose one who represents all the good things you want in a player and a man, I think in this moment I would choose Didier.’

Holding the prestigious award in his hands, Drogba expressed his gratitude at being picked as this year’s recipient:

“When you have achieved so much and won so many trophies like we have done in the past 10 years that creates something special.

“I hope, and the club makes me believe, I am part of this big family, so we are going to find the best thing for both of us to promote the club in the best way.

“When I left this club (the first time in 2012), I was saying that I had done everything I wanted to do, but I think now that I did not do everything, I think there is more to do.

“I love this club and would love to be part of this club for the future, with the new players.”

It will be recalled that the Chelsea manager was recently named Portuguese manager of the century at the Portuguese Football Federation’s 100th anniversary celebration in Lisbon.

The 51-year-old revealed he still considers his triumphs with Porto to be the greatest of his managerial career, and insists he is hungry for further success at Chelsea.

(1) (Reply)

Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths / Thermodynamics Of Polictical Chemistry / With 10 Days To Election, Jonathan Splits Nigerian Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.