Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio (3217 Views)

Items Distributed By Senator Akpabio At His Constituency Briefing (Photos) / Senator Akpabio Mobbed By Youths At A Wedding Reception In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Senator Akpabio Joins "Street Boys" For New Year Carnival In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Islie: 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
A serving senator of the federal republic of Nigeria has been fingered in a bribery allegation after a supreme court judge confessed.

Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, and now senate minority leader Godswill Akpabio may have landed in serious trouble with the Department of State Service (DSS) after a Supreme Court judge confessed to have received bribes from him.

According to Sahara Reporters on Tuesday, October 18, Justice John Okoro has told DSS investigators that he received a bribe of $20,000 from Akapabio when he (Okoro) was appointed to the exalted judiciary position in 2013.

It is believed the incident took place while Akpabio was still governor of Akwa Ibom state where he served from 2007 to 2015 before he was elected to become a senator.

This is coming barely two weeks after
operatives of the DSS stormed several houses of some judges across the country and arrested them based on corruption allegation.

http://www.tori.ng/news/43332/senator-akpabio-in-trouble-as-supreme-court-judge.html

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by sarrki(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Wailers will deny it outrightly

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Kabashin: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Take them to court for trials and stop boring us with this daily dose of zombie propaganda.

13 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by saintkel(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
APC n propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by IVORY2009(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hope not on gun point, this efcc men, can do and un do...
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by VampireeM(f): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Islie, use a more reliable source.

I guess Akpabio will deny the judge.. lol.. Nigeria is a circus.. I dont think their is any lawyer in naija that dont take bribe even the ones still in law school.. Nigerians are corrupt.. We need to be re-colonised. cool

BTW, the 20k dollars Akpabio gave him(judge) was for What??
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by yeyeboi(m): 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by GoodofNaija: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
sad

Criminals under wigs!

Looters and criminal judges: They work hand in hand!

Looters and wailers: they need to wail to deceive the gullible ones/illiterates/semiliterates.

No peace for looters/criminal judges/wailers! angry

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by gebest: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
from the presidency to d legislature to d judiciary to d governors to d houses of assembly to d local government chairmen to the lecturers to d military to d police to d civil defense to d perm secretaries to d civil servant are corrupt, now BUHARI tell me how many are u going to try, probe, convict and send to jail before d remaining 2 years of ur tenor ends. buhari pls forget about all this selective corruption fight and concentrate on good governance.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Progressive01(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
Aisha Buhari's most recently recruited slaves, come and support crooks here as usual. grin

#BringBackCorruption they say. What a pity.

Shame on you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by IVORY2009(m): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
[s]
Progressive01:
Aisha Buhari's most recently recruited slaves, come and support crooks here as usual. grin

Shame on you.
[/s]

Why are u dis useless?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by TippyTop(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Why are u dis useless?

Kikikikiki
I laff in Benue grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by vedaxcool(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:

Shame on you.

Quite hard why must u disgrace these gutless mumus like this. lol grin being a wailing zombie is worst than the level of a bush rat

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
This is what Chinakwe's dog has reduced Nigeria to an animal farm where the opposition are tried and convicted through the media.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
saintkel:
APC n propaganda.
Point out the propaganda here.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by EHMIR(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Where is wike??
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by vedaxcool(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Why are u dis useless?

pains

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Fedayeen02: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:

Shame on you.
Is grass sweet?

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Opinedecandid(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
Rubbish news, sponsored by Akwa Ibom APC.
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Fedayeen02: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:

Shame on you.
What are you celebrating in this government?

You are supposed to have your wedding in June but you hadd to postponed it because of the way the economic climate is.

Will your fiance be proud of you if i show her all these hate speech you d litter here?

Try to Be guided.

P.S Nobody should adk me any question about omenka because I'm not ready to disclose anything
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by vedaxcool(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
[s]
Fedayeen02:
Is grass sweet?
[/s]

Empty barrels make the loudest noise

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by vedaxcool(m): 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
[s]
Fedayeen02:
What are you celebrating in this government?

You are supposed to have your wedding in June but you hadd to postponed it because of the way the economic climate is.

Will your fiance be proud of you if i show her all these hate speech you d litter here?

Try to Be guided.

P.S Nobody should adk me any question about omenka because I'm not ready to disclose anything
[/s]

This is super story a life of ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Progressive01(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
vedaxcool:

Quite hard why must u disgrace these gutless mumus like this. lol grin being a wailing zombie is worst than the level of a bush rat
I haven't been making direct reference to anyone but it seems one has adopted all the names. He follows my ass everywhere and sniffs my fart like it is the only thing his lungs can accommodate. grin

The way I go take ignore am ehn, him go begin ask himself, "why am I such a jerk no one cares about me?" gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Fedayeen02: 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Empty barrels make the loudest noise
Even Alfa in the mosque is abusing buhari while you that has swore to learn from Baghdadi of ISIL is disturbing my mentions

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Progressive01(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

This is super story a life of ....
Dude, you dey fall hand. IGNORE them. Only a mad man would keep talking to himself when no one is listening or replying. grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Serious Magana

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Opinedecandid(m): 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Point out the propaganda here.
Progressive01:
Shame on you.
sarrki:
GoodofNaija:
sad
Criminals under wigs!
Looters and criminal judges: They work hand in hand!
Looters and wailers: they need to wail to deceive the gullible ones/illiterates/semiliterates.
No peace for looters/criminal judges/wailers! angry
sarrki:

https://www.nairaland.com/3415447/justice-inyang-okoros-letter-cjn

Oya, all of una, talk am now.
Which one is more believable, the one authored by the horses biro or the one speculated by a middle-of-the-road blog?

President Buhari/DSS/APC,
Stop all these aimless drama.
Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by tiger28: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Kabashin:
Take them to court for trials and stop boring us with this daily dose of zombie propaganda.
i can see that this news saddened you already. Biafrans are sad whenever anything good come out of Nigeria yet they live in Nigeria. Cheer up Homie!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Kabashin: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
tiger28:
i can see that this news saddened you already. Biafrans are sad whenever anything good come out of Nigeria yet they live in Nigeria. Cheer up Homie!

What saddens me is your stupidity in bringing Biafra into the thread.

How old are you ?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Akinwerndey: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
Kabashin:

What saddens me is your stupidity in bringing Biafra into the thread.
How old are you ?
. Fatality.... Finish him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio by Akinwerndey: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
Baba fela bin don tell us Before o... Those with brains will understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Supporters Planing Counter Protest In Support Of Buhari On 5th Feb. (pics) / Breaking News: Nigerian Army & Police Kidnapping IPOB Members And Executing Them / Why Nigeria Needs To Invest More In Healthcare, Education Reforms — DFID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.