Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:24 AM

APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State (1529 Views)

Reps Clash As Another PDP Member Defects To APC / Attack On Shia Muslims Continues In Kaduna From “House To House" (Pics, Video) / PHOTOS: APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Ekiti, Man Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 12:30am On Jan 27, 2015
Since when did politics become a do or die affair??.As I'm writing this right now, there is an ongoing shooting between PDP and APC supporters in my area in Ekori, Yakurr L.G.A in Cross River state. It all started yesterday evening (Monday ) when two APC supporters decided to tear PDP poster, they did that under the possession of arms (guns ) and where shouting on top of their voice saying if there is any PDP supporter that is strong enough to face them then such person should come out but when they did,the two guys ran away.
Around 7:45pm(monday ) PDP supporters then started thiers with shooting and APC followed ,moving from one top PDP Politician's house with the intention of shooting them. That particular event subsided without anybody being hurt but the one going on right 12:20am(tuesday) now as I'm righting this is scaring the hell out of me, rampant shooting everywhere. I just pray no body is killed, right now no pic is available but if there a chance I can take one then I will but right now the situation here in my place is not something one jokes about.
My only concerned is the youths being used for all this shooting , the politicians are somewhere enjoying while they are here shooting and killing themselves. God should help and safe us from this.
update !! It has been gathered that one of the APC boys that started the trouble have been arrested by the police.
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by cycline404(m): 12:33am On Jan 27, 2015

Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by elantraceey(f): 12:35am On Jan 27, 2015
Now one clueless person will blame this on GEJ undecided

Can someone tell those youths that no politician is worth dying for !!! He won't even attend your burial that's even if you're given any undecided

1 Like

Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by elantraceey(f): 12:35am On Jan 27, 2015
cycline404:
When all ur mate dey snap pix u no dey. u no get source

Abeg help am go snap the picture undecided

1 Like

Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 12:36am On Jan 27, 2015
By
cycline404:
When all ur mate dey snap pix u no dey. u no get source
this is not a joking matter ,if you know anybody around my area then ask.... beside. How do you expect me to stand and snap when der is shooting everywhere... and now this is happening right now
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 12:44am On Jan 27, 2015
elantraceey:
Now one clueless person will blame this one GEJ undecided

Can someome tell those youths that no politician is worth dying for !!! He won't even attend your burial that's if you're given any undecided
that's exactly what my point is... they buy guns for them.. fortified them just for this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by ruffp: 1:21am On Jan 27, 2015
Henrybright:
that's exactly what my point is... they buy guns for them.. fortified them just for this rubbish.
When the govt has failed to provide them a decent living,they end up being used as a pawn in the game of politics. Blame ur govt afterall, they are not thugs cuz they enjoy being violent.....they are cuz they will get paid for such and of cuz get 'protection' n sometimes favour from their masters.
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by hyfr(m): 1:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Amaechi has finally infested them with this canivorus venom. Op don't loose sleep, the antidote is being shipped as I'm talking to u,by Feb. 15th it should have gone round all of em. Someone will still come and say Op is supporting Pdp in disguise just watch.
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 1:35am On Jan 27, 2015
hyfr:
Amaechi has finally infested them with this canivorus venom. Op don't loose sleep, the antidote is being shipped as I'm talking to u,by Feb. 15th it should have gone round all of em. Someone will still come and say Op is supporting Pdp in disguise just watch.
seriously, I'm not supporting anybody, I can't even sleep anymore hearing all this shooting
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 1:47am On Jan 27, 2015
ruffp:

When the govt has failed to provide them a decent living,they end up being used as a pawn in the game of politics. Blame ur govt afterall, they are not thugs cuz they enjoy being violent.....they are cuz they will get paid for such and of cuz get 'protection' n sometimes favour from their masters.
what favour will make me want to kill myself ,how will I enjoy the favour when I'm dead.... how I wish they reason the way I do..
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by hyfr(m): 3:47am On Jan 27, 2015
Henrybright:
seriously, I'm not supporting anybody, I can't even sleep anymore hearing all this shooting
sleep like a baby. Let them enjoy the 36days fame. We have an antidote to shut them up
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by san316(m): 6:10am On Jan 27, 2015
Why are those twigs shooting each other? politicians that will abandon them after elections. that was how some PDP thugs came to my area yesterday with sticks and some other dangerous object threatening anybody that doesn't support them. a guy that had GMB's poster on his wall was forced to remove it after he was beaten up. thank God there were no fanatical APC supporters around, it would have been something else.

My advice in such situation is that you should. take cover and don't attpt to take pix to avoid getting hurt. you don't have a rep to protect on nairaland.
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 6:16am On Jan 27, 2015
san316:
Why are those twigs shooting each other? politicians that will abandon them after elections. that was how some PDP thugs came to my area yesterday with sticks and some other dangerous object threatening anybody that doesn't support them. a guy that had GMB's poster on his wall was forced to remove it after he was beaten up. thank God there were no fanatical APC supporters around, it would have been something else.

My advice in such situation is that you should. take cover and don't attpt to take pix to avoid getting hurt. you don't have a rep to protect on nairaland.
they just won't allow the community to be at peace
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Truckpusher(m): 6:21am On Jan 27, 2015
My own fight and support for any politicians ends in NL and some other social media - They've not given birth to that politician that will put a gun in my hands.

Some of these youths are dumb,lazy and uneducated.
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 6:23am On Jan 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
My own fight and support for any politicians ends in NL and some other social media - They've not given birth to that politician that will put a gun in my hands.

Some of these youths are dumb,lazy and uneducated.
illiteracy is the watch word My brother
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Truckpusher(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2015
Henrybright:
illiteracy is the watch word My brother
I took time last year to attend all my ward political meetings and seminars and what I saw still haunts me till this very moment. Did you know that from the boys that were controlling the traffic to the ones inside the hall were all boys that were affiliated to one gang group (cult) or the other most of them are illiterates,uneducated with high propensity for violence and their loyalty to an ordinary ward chairman was second to non even as the Local Govt chairman was treated like a mini god. At the end of the day these are the people that would be closer to your community leaders,Councillors,chairmen,senators,House members and possibly your Governor and when these current people wants to drop the baton of leadership for something higher they would likely give it to these same people that has always followed them,killed for them and we finally end up with too many iidiots and hoodlums in the corridors of power lording over us. grin That's the way it works.

Until the supposedly educated folks steps in and step up to their responsibilities of nation building we will never move forward ,as uneducated fellows has nothing to offer which encourages them to loot,steal and kill to have their way.That isn't to say that even educated fellows aren't looting too but the truth is they have too many fellows with negative orientation about politics that are willing to do their bidding even for crumbs and a hope of a better tomorrow.I personally appreciate the political awareness and enthusiasm that Nigerians has shown so far for this coming elections and the PDP which I'm a card carrying member is now beginning to sit up as it is no longer game as usual.There was this ward meeting where somebody decided to relieve some tensions by shouting ''PDP''!!! while some other persons responded ''carry go'' and immediately one elderly man in his 60s got up and was visibly angry saying that it is no longer a ''carry go'' thing anymore as another top dog has joined the chase with the intentions to match violence for violence and rigging for rigging and he said that the party need to sit up and work harder as Nigerians are no longer interested in sharing 1000 naira, everybody had a good laugh but the truth is that the message has been passed.

The two strong party system that is in place now is a sign of hope for Nigerians because if Jonathan is kicked out which is impossible for now and at the same time might just happen considering some other factors it then means that power is returning to the people and if the certificate-less General wins and didn't perform and he is booted out after four years then whoever that wants to become the President must have a plan and way to remain relevant before Nigerians becomes impatient with his administration and starts calling for his head and that is how a true democracy should work and not the kind of democracy where candidates are usually imposed on the people by a group of persons that feels that they own the country even when it is obvious that such candidates are not physically and mentally ready for the job.

Whatever happens it is GEJ TILL 2019.

1 Like

Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 7:07am On Jan 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
I took time last year to attend all my ward political meetings and seminars and what I saw still haunts me till this very moment. Did you know that from the boys that were controlling the traffic to the ones inside the hall were all boys that were affiliated to one gang group (cult) or the other most of them are illiterates,uneducated with high propensity for violence and their loyalty to an ordinary ward chairman was second to non even as the Local Govt chairman was treated like a mini god. At the end of the day these are the people that would be closer to your community leaders,Councillors,chairmen,senators,House members and possibly your Governor and when these current people wants to drop the baton of leadership for something higher they would likely give it to these same people that has always followed them,killed for them and we finally end up with too many iidiots and hoodlums in the corridors of power lording over us. grin That's the way it works.

Until the supposedly educated folks steps in and step up to their responsibilities of nation building we will never move forward ,as uneducated fellows has nothing to offer which encourages them to loot,steal and kill to have their way.That isn't to say that even educated fellows aren't looting too but the truth is they have too many fellows with negative orientation about politics that are willing to do their bidding even for crumbs and a hope of a better tomorrow.I personally appreciate the political awareness and enthusiasm that Nigerians has shown so far for this coming elections and the PDP which I'm a card carrying member is now beginning to sit up as it is no longer game as usual.There was this ward meeting where somebody decided to relieve some tensions by shouting ''PDP''!!! while some other persons responded ''carry go'' and immediately one elderly man in his 60s got up and was visibly angry saying that it is no longer a ''carry go'' thing anymore as another top dog has joined the chase with the intentions to match violence for violence and rigging for rigging and he said that the party need to sit up and work harder as Nigerians are no longer interested in sharing 1000 naira, everybody had a good laugh but the truth is that the message has been passed.

The two strong party system that is in place now is a sign of hope for Nigerians because if Jonathan is kicked out which is impossible for now and at the same time might just happen considering some other factors it then means that power is returning to the people and if the certificate-less General wins and didn't perform and he is booted out after four years then whoever that wants to become the President must have a plan and way to remain relevant before Nigerians becomes impatient with his administration and starts calling for his head and that is how a true democracy should work and not the kind of democracy where candidates are usually imposed on the people by a group of persons that feels that they own the country even when it is obvious that such candidates are not physically and mentally ready for the job.

Whatever happens it is GEJ TILL 2019.
nice write up.....politics of this days seems like a do or die affair whereby anybody that doesn't support the Same party with you is regarded an enemy... our youths need orientation
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2015
one of the APC boys have been arrested by the police in my community
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by johnmartus(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Henrybright:
one of the APC boys have been arrested by the police in my community
your shit favour pdp i hope this is not a lies?
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by Henrybright(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
johnmartus:
your shit favour pdp i hope this is not a lies?
It's not in favour of any party... just exactly wat happened
Re: APC And PDP supporters clash as shooting continues In Cross River State by ruffp: 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Henrybright:
what favour will make me want to kill myself ,how will I enjoy the favour when I'm dead.... how I wish they reason the way I do..

I'm sure they don't wish to die. They see it as a means to an end....hustle,streetlife. Sadly they don't realise that its their masters that reduced them to such,so they are very okay with the crumbs they feed off their master's table! Thats why we shouldn't tolerate bystanders,we should all vote come Feb,thats the only way we can correct tins. Personally i wld encourage everyone to vote anybody but jonathan....he hasn't done anything to stand out from the our previous leaders despite the massive support he received from the people in 2011.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Beats Jonathan Inside Aso Villa - Punch / Photos: 17-year Old Hayley Okines Trapped In 104-year-old Body Dies! / Nigerian Lawmakers And Their Jumbo Salaries: The Way Forward!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.