Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,116 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

Why I Will Vote GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Vote GEJ (720 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Bola Tinubu Sends Out Mass Text Mgs Urging Supporters To Vote GEJ / I Won't Vote GEJ Because Of This Pics / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Vote GEJ by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 27, 2015
This thread is open for supporters of GEJ to state the precise reasons why they'll vote for GEJ in the forthcoming presidential elections.

Armed with my PVC, below are the reasons why I would vote for GEJ

1. For the consolidation of our democracy. It is undeniable fact that under the watch of GEJ, Nigeria democracy has grown from a near one party state to a two major political parties state, just like the US. The opposition parties (APC, APGA, CPC, ACN, labour party, accord, etc)have won more elections under GEJ than at any other time in the history of Nigeria. This is actually good for our democracy because it will allow for checks and balances and more competition in the long run.

2. For the regime of free and fair election to be continued and consolidated in my country. For me, the greatest corruption is rigging and stealing of electoral mandate. GEJ has restored sanity to our electoral system so much so that the chorus amongst politicians these days is that their supporters should arm themselves with PVC for the election day. Therefore, my dear country has joined the league of advanced democracies where the voters card is the citizen's potent weapon. It was not so before. Before, in this same country, the voters card was useless. Before now, results of elections were written before election day.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 27, 2015
God bless President GEJ

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Just that? then you need a rethink..

Sincere9gerian:
This thread is open for supporters of GEJ to state the precise reasons why they'll vote for GEJ in the forthcoming presidential elections.

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 27, 2015
Below is nice piece by Prof. Soludo: God Bless Prof. Soludo.

[b]"The parallels with the Shagari regime are troubling. First, at the time of oil boom, Nigeria again went on a consumption spree such that the budgets of the last five years can best be described as ‘consumption budgets’, with new borrowing by the federal government exceeding the actual expenditure on critical infrastructure.

Second, not one penny was added to the stock of foreign reserves at a period Nigeria earned hundreds of billions from oil. For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.
I note that when I assumed office as Governor of CBN, the stock of foreign reserves was $10 billion.
The average monthly oil price during my 60 months
in office was $59, but foreign reserve reached the all- time peak of $62 billion (and despite paying $12 billion for external debt, and losing over $15 billion during the unprecedented global financial and economic crisis) I left behind $45 billion. Recall also that our exchange rate continuously appreciated during this period and was at N117 to the dollar before the global crisis and we deliberately allowed it to depreciate in order to preserve our reserves. My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar."
[/b]

[b]"Fourth, poverty incidence and unemployment are
also simultaneously at all-time high levels. According
to the NBS, poverty incidence grew to 69% in 2010
and projected to be 71% in 2011, with
unemployment at 24%. This is the worst record in
Nigeria’s history, and the paradox is that this
happened during the unprecedented oil boom.
One theme I picked up listening to the campaign
rallies as well as to some of the propagandists is the
confusion about measuring government
“performance”. Most people seem to confuse
‘inputs’, or ‘processes’ with output. Earlier this
month, I had a dinner with a group of friends (14 of
us) and we were chit-chatting about Nigeria. One of
us, an associate of President Jonathan veered off to
repeat a propaganda mantra that Jonathan had
outperformed his predecessors. He also reminded us that Jonathan re-based the GDP and that Nigeria is now the biggest economy in Africa; etc. It was fun listening to the response by others. In sum, the
group agreed that the President had ‘outperformed’
his predecessors except that it is in reverse order."

[/b]

[b]First, my friend was educated that re-basing the GDP is no achievement: it is a routine statistical exercise, and depending on the base year that you choose, you get a different GDP figure. Re-basing the GDP has nothing to do with government policy. Besides, as naira-dollar exchange rate continues to depreciate, the GDP in current dollars will also shrink considerably soon.
We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural
‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the agricultural sector in the last five years still remains far below the performance under Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a peacetime; no other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes; no other president had the rate of borrowing; none had significant forex earnings and yet did not add one penny to foreign reserves but losing international reserves at a time of boom; no other president had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was 67 -70%); and under
no other president did unemployment reach 24%.
Surely, these are unprecedented records and he
surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a
satire!
[/b]

[b]"One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the
former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted
that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no
signature project to remember his regime except
that his regime took the first position among all
states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—-mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics,
poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20%
in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a
238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening."

"My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is
to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his
job record. Those who have decided to vote for him
will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the
moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade. As one reviews the laundry list of micro interventions the government calls its achievements, one wonders whether such list is all that the government could deliver with an unprecedented oil boom and an unprecedented public debt accumulation. I can clearly see why reasonable people are worried."
[/b][b][/b]

4 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 27, 2015
Gej is a comprehensive failure.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by OtunbaJega: 1:46am On Jan 27, 2015
I will never vote for a fuuuucktard

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 27, 2015
a vote for Gej is a yes fr illegality n criminality

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by chamboy(m): 1:47am On Jan 27, 2015
Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by CyberWolf: 1:48am On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ has my vote..
Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by killuminati(m): 1:49am On Jan 27, 2015
Dis op is a bush man. Where you been go hide sef since all these days.. Abi T-ANdroid business dey hectic abi? I understand grin

My boys here get like 99 reasons to boot out Jonathan's as out of the roc.. Bros no think am o! Na #FeBuhari14 wink

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by kcprince: 1:52am On Jan 27, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Only? Isnt your future important to you? You should be basing your judgement on Poverty level, Security level, Unemployment, state of the economy, Education sector, corruption etc. From my own observation i think i would score the government "F" like soludo
Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by Chanchit: 1:58am On Jan 27, 2015
@Op your first reason could only happen under a weak leader, who loves to loose? Do you know how many seats PDP has lost in the past few montH, with GEJ's sit beinG next?
Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by lilianugo454: 2:31am On Jan 27, 2015
U ask why, why because he is the first Nigerian president to make sure there is a federal university in each states of the federation. Why, for making Nigeria became the largest and biggest economy in Africa. Why,because of his success in agricultural sector. Why,because he discover over 50,000 unpaid pensioners and immediate payment of their entitlement. A lot to talk about. GEJ is the best president we have ever had. I know he is going to do more
Re: Why I Will Vote GEJ by EmoBoy(m): 2:50am On Jan 27, 2015
If GEJ acts weak - they'll complain; If he acts strong- they'll complain; if he doesn't do any- they'll complain.

Nigerians will complain if GEJ is re-elected as president;
They'll complain if Buhari is elected;
Some are calling for Fashola to be president - when he's elected, they'll still complain.
Even as people like Obama reach - if he becomes president of Nigeria- Una go still complain.

The. Truth is bitter but let it be told - it is nearly impossible for Nigerians to have a president that meets their expectations.

Are you guys who are shouting change and Febuhari really believe you'll stick. With Buhari for four years?

How. Exactly do you believe that Buhari will be cheered on for years as president?

The major problems we complain about are unemployment, poverty and corruption. These are problems that no Nigerian politician within this current dispensation can solve. The truth is bitter, but it is what it is.

So for those of you shouting change, I'm sorry to reveal to you that there'll be no true change. It is the politicians who'll win and you'll continue suffering.

Our ability to achieve accelerated development lies with our state governors and not the president.

We may never have a president majority of us like and support.

I'm not a GEJ supporter, in fact, I don't have a PVC. I'm just saying my mind...

(1) (Reply)

We Are At A Hypocritical War...! / Plateau State Governor Advises Buhari To Withdraw From Presidential Race. / President Jonathan Wasn't At Ayiri Emami's House .proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.