Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan (638 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Now There Is No Money To Run Government – Amaechi / I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by SEHHYTEX(m): 6:18am On Jan 27, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday promised that he would not run a government of intimidation if re-elected for the second term during the February 14 presidential election.
He said he would run a government that would allow Nigerians to express their minds without any fear of intimidation.
Jonathan made the promise during the Peoples Democratic Party presidential rally held at the Metropolitan Square, Ilorin, Kwara State.
He said he would not preside over an administration under which Nigerians would be thinking they are in a zoo, where small animals would be afraid of the big ones.
He said, “My message to you is that we will work with you to ensure that Nigerians are free.
“We will ensure that you are not governed by intimidation.
“You must be able to express yourself without fear of intimidation. That is why I signed the Freedom of Information Act.
“We will not allow a situation where Nigerians will think they are in a zoo, where small animals are afraid of the big ones.”
He said his administration was forming a government of young minds because of its conviction that Nigeria belonged to the youth.
He said since the inception of his administration, he had shown commitment to repositioning the country.
The President said his administration had done so much that he would not disappoint Nigerians.
He mentioned some of the areas his administration had made giant leaps to include railway, health care, agriculture and the economy.
Jonathan recalled that the nation’s economy had grown under his watch to become the largest in Africa.
This, he said, was not achieved by chance.
He said the feat was achieved by the commitment of the economic team that was working day and night.
The President said world bodies such as the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, theCable News Networkand others had spoken in support of the visible growth in the nation’s economy.
He wondered if Nigerians who criticised his government’s economic policies were more brilliant than the world bodies.
President Jonathan warned such people to stop deceiving Nigerians.
Earlier, Vice President Namadi Sambo had said that the present administration had transformed the nation’s economy to become the best in Africa.
He said the administration transformed the power sector to a stage that the nation now generates over 4,000MW contrary to the about 2,000MW at the inception of their administration.
He also noted that the Federal Government had reformed the transport sector by adding 20,000km of tarred roads to the nation’s road network.
In the education sector, Sambo recalled that 12 federal universities were established by the administration, saying Jonathan deserved a second term.
The National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, regretted that some people were trying to rubbish the President’s achievements for political gains.
He said the President had performed better than all his predecessors.
“The President has performed more than the others that have come before him. No Nigerian leader before him has done as much as he is doing,” Mu’azu said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-run-government-like-a-zoo-says-jonathan/
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by egift(m): 6:23am On Jan 27, 2015
What is he apart from being a Zoologist? - Canoe-maker and fisherman. So is he going the set straps and Net for us to be captured?

Jonathan lack new ideas. And have under-performed in the last 4yrs plus, what is left now is to safely deliver him to Otueke, Bayelsa.

We don't this election stolen like that NNPC fund. Sai Buhari all the way!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by Opinedecandid(m): 6:26am On Jan 27, 2015
Well said, me President. You are a true democrat.
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by menesheh(m): 6:28am On Jan 27, 2015
I believe in you
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by egift(m): 6:37am On Jan 27, 2015
I will not send you to jail all the time - it seems there is someone Jonathan is too afraid of, he is doing everything to promise a jail-free-card.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by cyclones(m): 6:38am On Jan 27, 2015
The one he has being running nkor? What is it?
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by gambit10: 6:58am On Jan 27, 2015
Is this why I should vote u ??....not enough reason dum-dum
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 7:00am On Jan 27, 2015
Jonathan is a huge joke.

Instead of telling the Nigerians what you will do differently if given another chance, you keep blabbing.

I can't wait to say "there was a president".
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by dryakson(m): 7:02am On Jan 27, 2015
Foolish man
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by midolian(m): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2015
Can sum1 help tell dis otueke man to stop deceiving nigerians?. NO, I guess..he is surrounded by sycophants
Make una no mind am abeg. "A monkey will always jump"..anoda 4yrs wit GEJ will be disastrous (God forbid)
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by babaniyen1(m): 7:11am On Jan 27, 2015
I listend to this you peoples president yesterday and I felt like crying. He cant even speak intelligently. How did this guy become president? God deliver us from this evil
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by olatade(m): 7:15am On Jan 27, 2015
Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State At the Presidential campaign rally of GEJ/Sambo in Jigawa state on January 21st, 2015, in the presence of President Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo stated in Hausa: "Buhari ya dauko pastor a matsayin mataimakinsa kun san coci nawa yake dashi? Yana da coci 5000, don haka karku zabe su." The translation is - "Buhari has selected a pastor as his running mate, do you know how many churches he has? He has 5000 churches, so based on that, don't vote for them". Sambo used religious sentiments in his attempt to divide the country and incite Muslims against Christians. Sambo also said at the rally that the PDP is the most Islamic Party in Nigeria because nobody can be more Muslim than him. He said that his name is Namadi which is a derivative of Namadina, meaning someone from the Medina in Saudi Arabia. At the Rally in Jigawa State Sambo also stated that he goes for the Hajj every year. In his determination to whip up religious sentiments and divisions, the vp stated at the Jigawa state rally that all the security chiefs in the Jonathan administration are Muslims and based on that, those alleging that Jonathan is supportive of Boko Haram are not being fair. He mentioned the names of some key ministers in the Jonathan administration including Defence Minister, Aliyu Gusau, NSA, Sambo Dasuki, Inspector General of Police, Abba whom he emphasized are all Muslims. He also mentioned all the Muslim ministers from Kano, including Aminu Wali, Foreign Affairs Minister and Shekarau, Minister of Education. Sambo then asked if anyone could claim to be more Muslim than him Namadi Sambo. Then he shouted Allahu Akbar (Allah is great several times). To close his speech he recited the AlFatiha, (The Opening, the first seven verses of the Holy Quran, which for Muslims is the Mother of the Book, highly revered by all). Sambo's outburst against Christians and Pastor Osinbajo would not surprise close watchers of political events in Nigeria but it does reconfirm the outcome of late General Azazi thorough and extensive investigation of Boko Haram and in which he concluded that the PDP founded Boko Haram and finances its terrorist activities.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar’s Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 2011 / Re: The Real Buhari – A Documentary Of Falsehood, And Half-truths / Mrs. Diezani Alison-madueke Owes You N50,000.00 By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.