Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari (6703 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Meets With Bernard Cazeneuve, French Prime Minister In Paris / Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / Houses & Cars Belonging To Kidnappers In Kogi Destroyed By Governor Bello. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MalcoImX: 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
The threads being opened (so many since yesterday) on the killing by the Buhari regime of Bernard Ogedengbe, and two others (Lawal Ojuolape and Bartholomew Owoh) need to have a response, and no one person is more appropriate than General Buhari.
I have luckily found out an interview granted the Sun Newspapers some years back where Buhari addressed the issue.
The motives of the threads seem obviously questionable. But on a personal level, I and many others will be home with the General's argument, especially where it started that those who destroyed others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the loot arising therefrom.
Here's the excerpt:
|
Before I come to that, there was also this issue of Decree 4, alleged drug peddlers who your regime ordered shot. Looking back now, do you think you made mistake in those areas?
You see, maybe my rigidity could be traced to our insistence on the laws we made. But we decided that the laws must be obeyed.

But they said it was retroactive.
Yes, they said so. But I think it should be in the archive; we said that whoever brought in drugs and made Nigeria a transit point committed an offence.
These drugs, We We (Indian hemp), is planted here, but the hard drug, cocaine, most Nigerians don’t know what cocaine is. They just made Nigeria a transit point and these people did it just to make money. You can have a certain people who grow Ashisha or We We and so on because it is indigenous. Maybe some people are even alleging that those who want to come for operation, brought the seed and started to grow it in Nigeria. But cocaine, it is alien to our people. So, those who used Nigeria as a transit, they just did it to make money. And this drug is so potent that it destroys people, especially intelligent people. So, the Supreme Military Council did a memo. Of course, I took the memo to the Supreme Military Council and made recommendation and the Supreme Military Council agreed.

There was no dissenting voice?
There was no dissenting in the sense that majority agreed that this thing, this cocaine, this hard drug was earning Nigeria so much bad name in the international community because Nigeria was not producing it, but Nigerians that wanted to make money didn’t mind destroying Nigerians and other youths in other countries just to make money. So, we didn’t need them. We didn’t need them.

But there were pleas by eminent Nigerians not to kill the three men involved in the trafficking?
Pleas, pleas; those that they destroyed did they listen to their pleas for them not to make hard drug available to destroy their children and their communities?

So, it is not something you look back now at 70 and say it was an error?
No, it was not an error. It was deliberate. I didn’t do it as an head of state by fiat. We followed our proper system and took it. If I was sure that the Supreme Military Council then, the majority of them decided that we shouldn’t have done so, we could have reduced it to long sentencing. But people who did that, they wanted money to build fantastic houses, maybe to have houses in Europe and invest. Now, when they found out that if they do it, they will get shot, then they will not live to enjoy at the expense of a lot of people that became mental and became harmful and detrimental to the society and so on, then they will think twice.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/exclusive-interview-with-gmb-buhari-speaks-to-the-sun-newspaper/409638299105506/
Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Samchelsea(m): 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
So you killed them just like that without any trial...what they did was bad but we don't need a draconian way of governance again

2 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Buhari destroyed more lives.

2 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
So because dey destroyed lives u decided 2 join their train abii E no go work sam sam

Oga GMB, "ikugo aka na tipper bu aja..

5 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by clevvermind(m): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
buhari the great killer. who has killed people more than you? definitely nobody. buhari the clueless man, i hail you o. grin

4 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by clevvermind(m): 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
So because dey destroyed lives u decided 2 join their train abii E no go work sam sam

he is just clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
buhari the life destroyer is talking.

3 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Adminisher: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Buhari destroyed more lives.

Jonathan has already destroyed yours, making your culture corrupt knowing you will never amount to much with corruption. He already has $69B-) debt on your head. If you are afraid of discipline, hard work and moral rectitude you better leave Nigeria in February. The country is changing for the better and we are not having crap.

16 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by zubby29(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
dats my president,very firm and just

13 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by zubby29(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
so dos selling drugs are building lives?give ur self some brain
customized13:
buhari the life destroyer is talking.

12 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by zubby29(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
i wonder how clever u are if u can make alligations without facts,are dos selling drugs saving lives? tell ur self d truth
clevvermind:
buhari the great killer. who has killed people more than you? definitely nobody. buhari the clueless man, i hail you o. grin

6 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
zubby29:
Does that make buhari not a life destroyer?

when did i mention drug sellers here? Buhari supporters are too clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by demelza: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Samchelsea:
So you killed them just like that without any trial...what they did was bad but we don't need a draconian way of governance again
Which trial?
Are you referring to the type of trials we have now that drags on for ages by which time every objective persons have been compromised resulting in light weight sentences?
There are some things that dont need too much talk, they just need swift judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by eagleeye2: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
You executed a man for committing a crime that didn't not carry capital punishment. At worse, you could have jailed him.
APC fanatics will come here and start shouting Sai Buhari......
Hypocrites.

5 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Samchelsea:
Ina jo alfa, oun bere boya irunagbon e na jo na. What a silly question.
GMB/PYO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Samchelsea(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
demelza:
Which trial?
Are you referring to the type of trials we have now that drags on for ages by which time every objective persons have been compromised resulting in light weight sentences?
There are some things that dont need too much talk, they just need swift judgement.
did you just type this?......so you prefer killing without trial?....even murder suspects can be freed or sentenced to life imprisonment after proper trial e.g Oscar Pistorious, OJ Simpson not to talk of this one that is relating to drug trafficking

4 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MalcoImX: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

That's correct. If you destroy life, you should pay for it.
Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by worthytalk: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Omo boy see defense ah... you kill I kill you . Buhari no get remorse at all. This is confirm vendetta mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Samchelsea(m): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Ina jo alfa, oun bere boya irunagbon e na jo na. What a silly question.
GMB/PYO.
why won't it be silly since your lord/master carried it out

1 Like

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
customized13:
Does that make buhari not a life destroyer?

when did i mention drug sellers here? Buhari supporters are too clueless.
You a customised nuisance! Was there not a law against drug trafficking? I can't just understand how u jonathanians reason at times...these is what degenerated Nigeria to this level..tolerance of indiscipline and breaking of law.

7 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Samchelsea:
why won't it be silly since your lord/master carried it out
The child of Lawal Ojuolape, one of the people killed, has said he has nothing against Buhari. He went to the extent of recommending Fashola and others to be be appointed Buhari's government. What is your problem?

6 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MalcoImX: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
zubby29:
dats my president,very firm and just
The PDP Nl couldn't understand why this dude's loved: It's nothing but this firmness in decision.

1 Like

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MayorofLagos(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
The threads being opened (so many since yesterday) on the killing by the Buhari regime of Bernard Ogedengbe, and two others (Lawal Ojuolape and Bartholomew Owoh) need to have a response, and no one person is more appropriate than General Buhari.
I have luckily found out an interview granted the Sun Newspapers some years back where Buhari addressed the issue.
The motives of the threads seem obviously questionable. But on a personal I and many others will be home with the General's argument, especially where it started that those who destroyed others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the loot arising therefrom.
Here's the excerpt:
|
Before I come to that, there was also this issue of Decree 4, alleged drug peddlers who your regime ordered shot. Looking back now, do you think you made mistake in those areas?
You see, maybe my rigidity could be traced to our insistence on the laws we made. But we decided that the laws must be obeyed.

Yes, they said so. But I think it should be in the archive; we said that whoever brought in drugs and made Nigeria a transit point committed an offence.
These drugs, We We (Indian hemp), is planted here, but the hard drug, cocaine, most Nigerians don’t know what cocaine is. They just made Nigeria a transit point and these people did it just to make money. You can have a certain people who grow Ashisha or We We and so on because it is indigenous. Maybe some people are even alleging that those who want to come for operation, brought the seed and started to grow it in Nigeria. But cocaine, it is alien to our people. So, those who used Nigeria as a transit, they just did it to make money. And this drug is so potent that it destroys people, especially intelligent people. So, the Supreme Military Council did a memo. Of course, I took the memo to the Supreme Military Council and made recommendation and the Supreme Military Council agreed.

There was no dissenting in the sense that majority agreed[ that this thing, this cocaine, this hard drug was earning Nigeria so much bad name in the international community because Nigeria was not producing it, but Nigerians that wanted to make money didn’t mind destroying Nigerians and other youths in other countries just to make money. So, we didn’t need them. We didn’t need them.

But there were pleas by eminent Nigerians not to kill the three men involved in the trafficking?
Pleas, pleas; those that they destroyed did they listen to their pleas for them not to make hard drug available to destroy their children and their communities?

No, it was not an error. It was deliberate. I didn’t do it as an head of state by fiat. We followed our proper system and took it. If I was sure that the Supreme Military Council then, the majority of them decided that we shouldn’t have done so, we could have reduced it to long sentencing. But people who did that, they wanted money to build fantastic houses, maybe to have houses in Europe and invest. Now, when they found out that if they do it, they will get shot, then they will not live to enjoy at the expense of a lot of people that became mental and became harmful and detrimental to the society and so on, then they will think twice.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/exclusive-interview-with-gmb-buhari-speaks-to-the-sun-newspaper/409638299105506/

Mayor has endorsed this message.

2 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MayorofLagos(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
MalcoImX:
The motives of the threads seem obviously questionable. But on a personal I and many others will be home with the General's argument, especially where it started that those who destroyed others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the loot arising therefrom.
Here's the excerpt:
|

There was no dissenting in the sense that majority agreed[ that this thing, this cocaine, this hard drug was earning Nigeria so much bad name in the international community because Nigeria was not producing it, but Nigerians that wanted to make money didn’t mind destroying Nigerians and other youths in other countries just to make money. So, we didn’t need them. We didn’t need them.

Mayor adopts this wisdom
Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MalcoImX: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
worthytalk:
Omo boy see defense ah... you kill I kill you . Buhari no get remorse at all. This is confirm vendetta mentality.
Don't mislead. It's in reference to that issue and prevailing law at that time.

2 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
You a customised nuisance! Was there not a law against drug trafficking? I can't just understand how u jonathanians reason at times...these is what degenerated Nigeria to this level..tolerance of indiscipline and breaking of law.
does all your gibberish dispute the fact that buhari destroyed lives?.....dundee united
Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Samchelsea(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The child of Lawal Ojuolape, one of the people killed, has said he has nothing against Buhari. He went to the extent of recommending Fashola and others to be be appointed Buhari's government. What is your problem?
doesn't matter what he said, the question is when they were executed did their offense carry a death penalty law? The answer is no. If the son of the man spoke out doesn't mean he is still not aggrieved but just wants to forget the past and move on, what about the family of the other people he killed have their family members come out to forgive Buhari as well?

3 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
zubby29:
u see,when I see the comment of some people like the idiots and fool who aired their comments before ours,then I become ashamed of some of our youths..and on the other hand,I don't blame them cos they lack the common sense to decipher.if buhari hasn't taken that measure,our country would be like jamaica and other countries where lifes of drug addicts are pawn!! And till today,is cocaine popular in nigeria or is it rampant?even the few ones they have in nigeria are being smuggled out..use ur brain pls

3 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Samchelsea:
doesn't matter what he said, the question is when they were executed did their offense carry a death penalty law? The answer is no. If the son of the man spoke out doesn't mean he is still not aggrieved but just wants to forget the past and move on, what about the family of the other people he killed have their family members come out to forgive Buhari as well?
Go to court.

1 Like

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by naijaking1: 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
If the poster is correct, then Buhari's explanation for murdering those boys is worse than the action, because for some reason, this man believes he has a more superior moral authority than anyone else, some form of islamic fundamentalistist puritism.
The worse story is that he still believes he was right, and feels even more empowered to return seeking power again. This time, Buhari will be a stronger messsiah, destroying anybody he percieves to have violated his myopic defintion of morality!

3 Likes

Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by MalcoImX: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Samchelsea:
Ah ah! Why the twist? Are you really a Chelsea fan? The Chelsea I know value hard work, steadfastness, and success.
Re: Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari by Samchelsea(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go to court.
of course expect your name as a defendant in the suit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of Sani Abacha A Day Before He Died. / Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa / #AtikuGate: Mr SPV, A Leopard Cannot Change Its Skin - Keyamo To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.