Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? (13743 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / Married Man In Enugu Caught In Bed With Married Woman (photo) / Must A Married Woman Be Monogamous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

@obowunmi, marriage is a contract and every valid contract must be honoured unless either of the party to the agreement wants trouble.

Thus, you cant enter into an agreement with your two eyes open and think you can just alter same whenever you so wish without first seeking for the consent & approval of the other party.

That is why i said some marriage contracts permit polygamy and some dont. Thus, a man that has always had the intent to be polygamous must endeavour to either enter into the marriage contract that best suits his polygamous desire from the outset or seek the approval of his wife to do so (if his marriage contract doesnt support such).

Explains why there are so many baby mamas in Nigeria these days. No one wants to keep a marriage contract.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Even people that wed in church will still argue with you. Look at the Op na. He is one of them. When they are saying their vows, isnt faithfulness included?

The punny they want to chop blocked their mind grin

3 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

I like you sha. Will you go out with me.

Maybe you can change me?

I'm taken. by the way, changing your username can be a start.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

The punny they want to chop blocked their mind grin

Buhahhahahahaha.

Oh dear.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
Christianity does not preclude polygamy. God doesn't frown at polygamy. By the way, happiness is selfish.

Pastor

You need to open your church grin

God made Adam and Eve not Eves; the two shall cleave and become one flesh etc.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Pastor

I'm curious, though, why did God not speak against when His servants engaged in blatant polygamy? Separate law for them? Perks of serving God, as in, deeper level of grace? grin

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Pastor

And adultery is totally prohibited in the bible. It is even a criteria for those who want to be in the kingdom of God. People will mention solomon, abraham, david and co but will forget the consequences of their polygamy. God allowing men of those days to marry more than one wife does not mean he is in support. Just because God has not destroyed satan does not mean he is in support of satan. That was why he sent Jesus to set the records straight and jesus had to repeat it again that a man must have only one wife and they will become one flesh. Not one man and many wives. None of the christians then in jesus time married more than one wife. Greed no go allow them hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by ArewaSweetheart(f): 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

Explains why there are so many baby mamas in Nigeria these days. No one wants to keep a marriage contract.

Yea, so many peeps do not want to do the right thing the right way. cool
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by lilmax(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Pastor

tell that to solomon
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
lilmax:
solomon
The wisest man who ever existed.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

Is that not what you want? you were in support of 2face and his baby mamas. So?

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Ewuro4: 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

Does one live to keep his wife happy or make himself happy?

Both bro.. A happy wife=HappLife and vice versa *not kidding here*

That said, you can just scrap the whole marriage thingy off your books if yiu don't wanna live to please anybody.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
I'm curious, though, why did God not speak against when His servants engaged in blatant polygamy? Separate law for them? Perks of serving God, as in, deeper level of grace? grin

It was the time of ignorance

They did a lot of things which God did not approve of. Samson slept with a prostitute and still had the 'anointing ' to uproot the gates of Gaza till he met his waterloo grin

An eye for an eye, a leg for a leg etc. was in operation then amongst others.

We leave under a New Testament where Jesus wants us to grow into What We were supposed to be before the fall.

If you wanted polygamy, you came about 2015yrs late

Sorry bro tongue

6 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Is that not what you want? you were in support of 2face and his baby mamas. So?

Pls don't be defensive. I am stating that the picture should not be a big deal. The way folks made it. He appears to want to practice polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
There are folks interested in polygamy and there are folks interested in monogamy.

Just live your own life. Don't judge.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

I'm taken. by the way, changing your username can be a start.

When were you taken? You were single not long ago joor.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
lilmax:
tell that to solomon

Lol @ Solomon

How many rams and cows have you sacrificed? David killed, are we sure killing is not OK? Rahab was a prostitute who is one of the fore mothers of Jesus; sure it is not OK?

Polygamy is not the only vice the men had; somehow it is the most acceptable angry

4 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
The wisest man who ever existed.

Yet he was not wise enough to know that foreign women would be the end of him cool

7 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

And adultery is totally prohibited in the bible. It is even a criteria for those who want to be in the kingdom of God. People will mention solomon, abraham, david and co but will forget the consequences of their polygamy. God allowing men of those days to marry more than one wife does not mean he is in support. Just because God has not destroyed satan does not mean he is in support of satan. That was why he sent Jesus to set the records straight and jesus had to repeat it again that a man must have only one wife and they will become one flesh. Not one man and many wives. None of the christians then in jesus time married more than one wife. Greed no go allow them hear word.

Very true

GOD'S silence doesnot always mean consent and His permission doesn't always translate to His will. Baalam case in point.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Even people that wed in church will still argue with you. Look at the Op na. He is one of them. When they are saying their vows, isnt faithfulness included?

Why are you so anti-polygamy? Are you saying if a husband wants "freedom" in marriage, you won't gree?

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

Pls don't be defensive. I am stating that the picture should not be a big deal. The way folks made it. He appears to want to practice polygamy.

Lol. people have different moral compasses depending what they feel is right or wrong based on their upbriging and religion. Even though culturally polygamy is supported here, many people still kick against it. so you see? You shouldnt be surprised. If 2face having baby mamas aint a big deal to you then overpopulation of baby mamas everywhere shouldnt be a big deal also to you. A man with baby mamas is still looked upon as irresponsible.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
See all the Pastors and bible scholars on my tread? embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

Why are you so anti-polygamy? Are you saying if a husband wants "freedom" in marriage, you won't gree?

If he can give me the same freedom, no problemo. afterall women can get tired of one person and eating of only rice and stew everyday is tiring!! You see what carefreewannabe said up there? if they are in agreement, no wahala. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Lol. people have different moral compasses depending what they feel is right or wrong based on their upbriging and religion. Even though culturally polygamy is supported here, many people still kick against it. so you see? You shouldnt be surprised. If 2face having baby mamas aint a big deal to you then overpopulation of baby mamas everywhere shouldnt be a big deal also to you. A man with baby mamas is still looked upon as irresponsible.

How is he irresponsible if the women consented to have babies with him? That's unfair.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Buhahhahahahaha.

Oh dear.

cheesy
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by idu1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
I rep ISLAM.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

How is he irresponsible if the women consented to have babies with him? That's unfair.

They consenting doesnt remove the fact that he is still irresponsible.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

When were you taken? You were single not long ago joor.

I never gave you an answer.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

They consenting doesnt remove the fact that he is still irresponsible.

Nothing makes him irresponsible as you've stated.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by crackhaus: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:
There are folks interested in polygamy and there are folks interested in monogamy.

Just live your own life. Don't judge.
Exactly, just as there are women who don't mind being the third wife... cheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
idu1:
I rep ISLAM.....

How many wives do you have?
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

Nothing makes him irresponsible as you've stated.

Sorry, he is and will continue to be grossly irresponsible to me and millions of people out there. you can't change that. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) / Fire Kills Family Of Five In Kebbi State (photo) / Couple Welcomess Triplets After 13 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.