Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? (13728 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / Married Man In Enugu Caught In Bed With Married Woman (photo) / Must A Married Woman Be Monogamous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Onegai(f): 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Weirdly some people are expecting an "intelligent discourse" on this matter. What's there to discuss, someone willfully decides to break a vow and a promise to another person he freely (as long as I don't see a shotgun in his wedding pics, groom has free will) in front of several people and you want to discuss it.

Newsflash: if you enter a contract, and you violate terms and conditions of the contract, you face the consequences, be it a marital contract, a legal contract , a business contract. Reasonable peopl do not sit down to discuss why you did so.

Great debates are not made up of redundant topics. If you are so bored, may I suggest reading a book.

5 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
What if man violates the contract and the woman does not want to leave.

He won't change but you stay with a cheating husband, whose fault is it?

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by TV01(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I am in a relationship.

If it's not marriage, it ain't marriage.

I not climbing any mountain for a mere relationship angry,

TV

**Sophyrocks, please present your suitor to us - full story 0** changes dp again grin!
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
obowunmi:
What if man violates the contract and the woman does not want to leave.

He won't change but you stay with a cheating husband, whose fault is it?

The wife's except she has a shotgun to her head cheesy

@OP: look for such a woman; she will meet your objectives perfectly grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by crackhaus: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
gringrin

Something must be responsible for making young women angry and aggressive these days... I can't deal! yikes... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by crackhaus: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:
Like kings and their subjects, bosses and their employees, parents and their children? You girls are funny.
gringrin
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by lawdy: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
Sophyrocks:

And adultery is totally prohibited in the bible. It is even a criteria for those who want to be in the kingdom of God. People will mention solomon, abraham, david and co but will forget the consequences of their polygamy. God allowing men of those days to marry more than one wife does not mean he is in support. Just because God has not destroyed satan does not mean he is in support of satan. That was why he sent Jesus to set the records straight and jesus had to repeat it again that a man must have only one wife and they will become one flesh. Not one man and many wives. None of the christians then in jesus time married more than one wife. Greed no go allow them hear word.

What a load of horse shit. How do you prove dat christians in " jesus time" never married more than one wife.Feel free to quote The bible. But sha methinks Broda you can lie ooo.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
lawdy:
[color=#000099][/color]

What a load of horse shit. How do you prove dat christians in " jesus time" never married more than one wife.Feel free to quote The bible. But sha methinks Broda you can lie ooo.

O.k give examples of christians who married more than one wife in jesus' time and after his death. When trying to justify polygamy, why do people mention only those who existed before christ? In addition, read 1st corinthians 7 verse 2.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:
Like kings and their subjects, bosses and their employees, parents and their children? You girls are funny.

Do you consider a king a superior human being?

Do you think your boss is a superior human being?

Do you think kids are inferior human beings?

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. As a matter of fact.

Who says it is a fact? You?

2. We could write a book on this, I'd rather not go into this. Time and energy sapping. Check my most recent posts on the boys night out thread for further clarification.

I saw them and since the thread is for boys, I remain silent there.
Just for your information, like here, a lot of what you say is wrong and tells me that you have simplistic views.

3. Very little? Because I refuse to believe your own version of events? Only strenght, yet women will not willfully marry a man of lower status than they amongst other pairing/coupling factors?

You don't even know my own version.
And what is your point?

4. I said only men? Oh, ok, then.

You did, in your last post.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
TV01:

If it's not marriage, it ain't marriage.

I not climbing any mountain for a mere relationship angry,

TV

**Sophyrocks, please present your suitor to us - full story 0** changes dp again grin!

Nobody asks you to climb a mountain. It's not your life but mine. wink
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by TV01(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Nobody asks you to climb a mountain. It's not your life but mine. wink
True

TV

**Sophyrocks - for the third time, I'm asking you to come and update us about this chap saying hi, hi** changes dp again grin!
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Please make me head usher, now I am begging angry lipsrsealed tongue cheesy
Oh, better. I'm working on making you first lady of the ministry. grin Smile, sis, Jesus loves you.

PS: was involved in a car crash, an okada man felt I didn't need a door and side mirror. Will get back to your other points.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:
Oh, better. I'm working on making you first lady of the ministry. grin Smile, sis, Jesus loves you.

PS: was involved in a car crash, an okada man felt I didn't need a door and side mirror. Will get back to your other points.

Sorry and thank God for his safety

Hope you were not hurt angry

Please rest, ndo
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
bukatyne:

1. Try cleaving to three and come to testify grin

2. Your point, very true though monogamy has an edge over polygamy when it comes to been peaceful

3. I am not blaming Jacob here, Laban's trickery was one of the consequences of deceiving his father and cheating his brother. As for law against such stuffs, it was until Moses' time and even at that, it was jungle justice kind of stuff sad

4. You would have served him tongue

5. Who suffered spousal abuse? Lot or Jacob? Abraham was not polygamous but he slept with another woman outside marriage to give him a child (courtesy his wife)

6. Try lipsrsealed tongue

1. I'd ask my grandpa about cleaving to five but, the man's late. I'll look for mentors around, though.

2. Peace is a thing of the mind. Mind over matter is the way to go. The most crucial thing, though, is to have willing and understanding partners. After all, can two walk together except....

3. Come on. Laws couldn't have begun with Moses. He might have had the most famous law book but, there had to be some code somewhere. If they had marriage customs, there had to be customs guiding inter-personal dealings.

4. Hehehhe. You sure?

5. Abraham did. It would take a lot of nagging and henpecking for a man of 75years to deign to lay with a maidservant who was most likely nothong to look at. I bet Sarah did a number on him.

6. Lol. Make we leave that one first.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
crackhaus:

gringrin
Nna, you dey see sometin so? grin
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
carefreewannabe:

1. Do you consider a king a superior human being?

2. Do you think your boss is a superior human being?

3. Do you think kids are inferior human beings?

1. In the context of the kingdom; superior to subjects.

2. In the context of the workplace; superior to subordinates and employees.

3. In the context of the home, and in their growing up years; inferior to their parents.

Are you going to ask if a doctor is superior to a cleaner too?
Because if you are, I'd appreciate if you accounted for context.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
carefreewannabe:

1. Who says it is a fact? You?

2. I saw them and since the thread is for boys, I remain silent there.
Just for your information, like here, a lot of what you say is wrong and tells me that you have simplistic views.

3. You don't even know my own version.
And what is your point?

4. You did, in your last post.

1. Well, not I but, those who have gone before I and those who have dedicated their existence to understanding the phenomenon that is the male-female pairing/coupling imperative.

2. Alrighty, then.

3. What is your opinion?

4. Oh, then, consider my post corrected for accuracy.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Onegai:

1. My dear, no need for this. My apologies if it smarted a little.

2. But to be honest, your opinion won't help you. You can't go into a market expecting everyone to cheat you, without it happening. You cannot go into marriage expecting to dictate things according to your tune and it will somehow be a pleasant experience for all.

3. If you want a wonderful woman, respect yourself and respect her. That's it, that's all.

4. Understand that, when you need financial help from your wife, if she doesn't give it doesn't mean she doesn't care, it means she doesn't want a situation where later on, your ego as a man is dented because of it (are there not some times your parents came to your rescue and you resented them. Because you thought you were grown-up enough to handle things? How much more so a wife!)

5. Understand that most women who stay with cheating husbands are doing so because of the social and financial implications of being married to a big man. If the situation won't kill me, I'd rather be "Mrs Otedola" than ex-Mrs. Otedola and if he's embarassing me out there by cheating publicly and disrespecting me, only then will I divorce him (I'm speaking from experience).

6. Women aren't staying because of some archaic conditions, my bro-in-law's grandmother (Yoruba) left her first hubby at a time all you men feel wives were staying in unhappy marriages.

7. Just be the best you can be emotionally to a woman, be strong for her and be considerate, tolerant and kind and not selfish. You will never need to demand for submission or respect, she will freely give it and she will put your happiness high up there. All the best smiley

1. It would have been better of you went straight to your diatribe instead of opening with this non-apology insult. I guess you can't help yourself then.

2. Funny girl. If I go expecting everyone to be a cheat, I stay sharp and avoid being cheated. I don't know how it works for you though.

3. Many assumptions in this statement. Are you implying I don't have a wonderful woman? I know I do. Are you implying I neither respect her nor myself? I know I do. Ok, bring something else up. You've really made no point worth noting here.

4. Another irrelevant paragraph.

5. A lot of half-truths and outliers. I am married, you are not. Besides, I also speak from experience.

6. Strawman arguments will not further your outlook. If you want to argue, do so fairly and be humble enough to admit when shown to be wrong or have nothing cogent to say. One woman who divorced her husband in 1885 for a valid reason is not enough to speak for an entire generation.

7. Blah blah blattidy blah. Tell it to the birds. You're in no position to tell me how to run a home, which by all accounts is blossoming. Let me know how marriage works out for you when you do get married.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Well, not I but, those who have gone before I and those who have dedicated their existence to understanding the phenomenon that is the male-female pairing/coupling imperative.

And who are they?

2. Alrighty, then.

3. What is your opinion?

My opinion on what exactly?

4. Oh, then, consider my post corrected for accuracy.

smiley
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. In the context of the kingdom; superior to subjects.

2. In the context of the workplace; superior to subordinates and employees.

3. In the context of the home, and in their growing up years; inferior to their parents.

Are you going to ask if a doctor is superior to a cleaner too?
Because if you are, I'd appreciate if you accounted for context.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

The first example shows how in*sane it is to claim that a certain group of people is superior by birthright because they were born into a certain family.

The second example shows that comparisons between companies and families are futile. A boss can tell you what to do because he / she pays you.
If you want to copy such a contract agreement and make it the foundation of your relationship / marriage, then your wife's submission will increase or decrease with the size and weight of your pocket.

Would you like it?

As for the third example, I can only say that children are superior to adults in many ways. This example shows that positions in a system can be flexible, rather than fixed.

Last but not least,

YES, a cleaner can be superior to a doctor.

Some doctors operate on people for the sake of money even if the procedure is unnecessary and bears risks.
Some cleaners would not steal a kobo, given the opportunity to do so without being caught, even if they and their families have very little.

It's sad that we judge people so easily and so blindly.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 30, 2015
carefreewannabe:

1. You are comparing apples and oranges.

2. The first example shows how in*sane it is to claim that a certain group of people is superior by birthright because they were born into a certain family.

3. The second example shows that comparisons between companies and families are futile. A boss can tell you what to do because he / she pays you.
If you want to copy such a contract agreement and make it the foundation of your relationship / marriage, then your wife's submission will increase or decrease with the size and weight of your pocket.

4. Would you like it?

5. As for the third example, I can only say that children are superior to adults in many ways. This example shows that positions in a system can be flexible, rather than fixed.

6. Last but not least,

7. YES, a cleaner can be superior to a doctor.

8. Some doctors operate on people for the sake of money even if the procedure is unnecessary and bears risks.
Some cleaners would not steal a kobo, given the opportunity to do so without being caught, even if they and their families have very little.

9. It's sad that we judge people so easily and so blindly.

1. So you think.

2. You asked if kings were superior, to which I answered that in the context of the kingdom they would be. Whether by birthright or by conquest, a king is superior to his subjects in the context of the same kingdom. Stop beating about the bush.

3. Not all bosses are employers, and even if they were in the context of the workplace they'd be superior to subordinates/employees.

While you're trying deliberately strawman my position, let me remind you that, the superiority of a king over his subjects is not the same contextually as that of a boss-subordinate. Why, therefore, do you think a relationship between spouses has to be in the context of the workplace ? I made those analogies because your point was that there's no superior of inferior person anywhere, which I don't agree with. Simple, really.

4. As to liking whether my wife submission would be a function of my financial status everytime, I wouldn't like but, I wouldn't hate it either, I would simply understand it. You see, women today are openly and unashamedly hypergamous, I've got the memo and act accordingly. It is what it is. You might try to bury your head in the sand about it, still doesn't change the fact.

5. The flexibility of any system does not preclude the existence of laws and principles. Flexibility of children is under the dictates off their parents. They can listen to daddy or go get their own house and live as they please. While they bunk with daddy, though, they better stick to his rules. Now that's flexibility grin

6. I'm tempted to call your comprehension skills into question. It would seem you're arguing for the sake of it. The reason I asked you to account for success is because context dictates everything. I'm well aware that a cleaner could be superior to a doctor which is why I posed the question with conditionalities.

7. Miss me with that judgement tripe.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. So you think.

2. You asked if kings were superior, to which I answered that in the context of the kingdom they would be. Whether by birthright or by conquest, a king is superior to his subjects in the context of the same kingdom. Stop beating about the bush.

3. Not all bosses are employers, and even if they were in the context of the workplace they'd be superior to subordinates/employees.

While you're trying deliberately strawman my position, let me remind you that, the superiority of a king over his subjects is not the same contextually as that of a boss-subordinate. Why, therefore, do you think a relationship between spouses has to be in the context of the workplace ? I made those analogies because your point was that there's no superior of inferior person anywhere, which I don't agree with. Simple, really.

4. As to liking whether my wife submission would be a function of my financial status everytime, I wouldn't like but, I wouldn't hate it either, I would simply understand it. You see, women today are openly and unashamedly hypergamous, I've got the memo and act accordingly. It is what it is. You might try to bury your head in the sand about it, still doesn't change the fact.

5. The flexibility of any system does not preclude the existence of laws and principles. Flexibility of children is under the dictates off their parents. They can listen to daddy or go get their own house and live as they please. While they bunk with daddy, though, they better stick to his rules. Now that's flexibility grin

6. I'm tempted to call your comprehension skills into question. It would seem you're arguing for the sake of it. The reason I asked you to account for success is because context dictates everything. I'm well aware that a cleaner could be superior to a doctor which is why I posed the question with conditionalities.

7. Miss me with that judgement tripe.

You have again proven that you have extremely simplistic approaches.

Even if parent is superior to a child, for example, in the way that it can tell the child what to eat or wear, the child is superior to the parents at the age of five when it comes to memory games as it has a visual memory that an adult cannot have unless he or she is autistic.

Even if a boss is higher in rank than his employees, for example, an employee can still be superior when it comes to the performance of particular tasks.

Therefore, no human being is superior / inferior to another.

Anyway, enjoy making your woman feel like your inferior, you seem to need it.

I will go to work now and even my boss will not make me feel inferior. wink

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You have again proven that you have extremely simplistic approaches.

Even if parent is superior to a child, for example, in the way that it can tell the child what to eat or wear, the child is superior to the parents at the age of five when it comes to memory games as it has a visual memory that an adult cannot have unless he or she is autistic.

Even if a boss is higher in rank than his employees, for example, an employee can still be superior when it comes to the performance of particular tasks.

Therefore, no human being is superior / inferior to another.

Anyway, enjoy making your woman feel like your inferior, you seem to need it.

I will go to work now and even my boss will not make me feel inferior. wink

Your boss doesn't need to make you feel inferior. You know your place, he knows his. That's all that matters. grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2015
Timbuktou:
Your boss doesn't need to make you feel inferior. You know your place, he knows his. That's all that matters. grin

My boss is female.

What makes you think you are superior to your (future) wife?
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2015
carefreewannabe:

My boss is female.

What makes you think you are superior to your (future) wife?
Well, then, she knows her place

Very funny, Carefree angry

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
Timbuktou:

Well, then, she knows her place

Very funny, Carefree angry

Please, tell me. I am really interested in your way of thinking.

What makes you think that you are superior to your wife?
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Please, tell me. I am really interested in your way of thinking.

What makes you think that you are superior to your wife?
Why dost thou patronise me? I've been nothing but civil with you, woman.

What makes you think you're equal to your boss at work?

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
Timbuktou:

What did you have for breakfast?

Was it filling? You hungry?

Why are you trying to avoid the question? Is it so difficult?
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Why are you trying to avoid the question? Is it so difficult?
Changed my mind. Look up

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
Timbuktou:
Changed my mind. Look up

I am not going to look it up but I am happy for your wife and your daughters. cheesy
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I am not going to look it up but I am happy for your wife and your daughters. cheesy
Olodo, I said look up not look it up. You see yourself. How do I know you aren't a feminist troll robot sef? angry smh

my wife's good by the way, just spoke to her. Haven't seen her in weeks and I miss her crazy. Meanwhile, I'm not eager to have daughters, I'll take five boys, though. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? / Your Parents Vs. Your Dreams: Leaving The Shadow Of Your Parents / She Said My Father Touched Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.