Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ (4375 Views)

Breaking: Boko Haram Members Denounce Membership Of Sect / I Will Also Denounce My Christianity If Voting GEJ Is What Makes One A Christian / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Phillfree(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
This Government is more about Otueke/ex militants against Muslims/ North and not about Christians/ Muslims. Saw this piece and thought to share... Hello good people, vote your conscience. Don't be manipulated. If your pastor says don't vote for a Muslim, ask him if Daniel served a saint; whether Modeccai did not serve King Ahaseurus and if Joseph was not a prime Minister under Pharaoh. This election is not about North versus South, nor is it Christian versus Muslim. It is about Nigeria and good governance. Don't allow politicians divide us. When they share money, they don't talk about religion. When they want donations from Aliko Dangote, they don't remember he is a Muslim. When they enter an aircraft, they don't ask the religious faith of the pilot. When their bosses are atheists, they don't resign from the job. When an Alhaji gives them contracts, they don't reject it. They and their wives go to Dubai to spend money. Dubai is in United Arab Emirate but they have no problems buying houses in Dubai. But when it comes to politics back home, they say they want to ISLAMISE you. Yet, some of these people were spiritual consultants to Abacha. Vote your conscience. If you want to vote for Jonathan, vote for him based on your conviction that he has performed in your estimation and not because he is a "Christian". If you want to vote for Buhari, vote for him because you feel disenchanted with Jonathan government, not because he is a Muslim. Say NO to bigotry. God bless Nigeria.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by BlackTechnology: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hell is still empty

You can help to fill it up grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by SeverusSnape(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
I'm a Buddhist but I'll vote Jonathan.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by ccollins(m): 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
You are so right@ Op

4 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Gmajor(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
by their mentality u shall know them

3 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by demelza: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
God bless you Op.

7 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by thaoriginator: 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ fans are BIG fools

11 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by san316(m): 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Foooolish! religion is more about your personal relationship with God and your interpersonal dealings with people. it is less about wht you declare in public.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Chanchit: 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
God sef don tell me to vote GMB. Who I'm I to question HIS authority.

13 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by jamex93(m): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
nobody is forcing u to vote for gej because u r a Christian, all we r saying is vote for the person u know is God sent.....
my brother I won't beg u not to denounce Christianity, go ahead n do it, am glad u know what happens to some one who is not it Christ, u denying Christ will b d worst thing of ur life...

8 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by DanielBlanc(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
My friend you are delusional, like serious denounce him(christ) and he will denature u

7 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
thaoriginator:
GEJ fans are BIG fools
While I canvass passionately for change, I don't think such offensive words should be implored in an already tensed political climate. There are better ways to voice your disenchantment rather than sounding offensive. So please I plead with you to be mature enough when criticising the present failed government in power.

Sai Buhari/Osibanjo ticket come 2015
Vote wisely!!! Vote APC

2 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by thaoriginator: 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
oscarforreal:

While I canvass passionately for change, I don't think such offensive words should be implored in an already tensed political climate. There are better ways to voice your disenchantment rather than sounding offensive. So please I plead with you to be mature enough when criticising the present failed government in power.

Sai Buhari/Osibanjo ticket come 2015
Vote wisely!!! Vote APC
Yea right,thnx
Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by fallout87: 8:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
Phillfree:
This Government is more about Otueke/ex militants against Muslims/ North and not about Christians/ Muslims. Saw this piece and thought to share... Hello good people, vote your conscience. Don't be manipulated. If your pastor says don't vote for a Muslim, ask him if Daniel served a saint; whether Modeccai did not serve King Ahaseurus and if Joseph was not a prime Minister under Pharaoh. This election is not about North versus South, nor is it Christian versus Muslim. It is about Nigeria and good governance. Don't allow politicians divide us. When they share money, they don't talk about religion. When they want donations from Aliko Dangote, they don't remember he is a Muslim. When they enter an aircraft, they don't ask the religious faith of the pilot. When their bosses are atheists, they don't resign from the job. When an Alhaji gives them contracts, they don't reject it. They and their wives go to Dubai to spend money. Dubai is in United Arab Emirate but they have no problems buying houses in Dubai. But when it comes to politics back home, they say they want to ISLAMISE you. Yet, some of these people were spiritual consultants to Abacha. Vote your conscience. If you want to vote for Jonathan, vote for him based on your conviction that he has performed in your estimation and not because he is a "Christian". If you want to vote for Buhari, vote for him because you feel disenchanted with Jonathan government, not because he is a Muslim. Say NO to bigotry. God bless Nigeria.

You are a liar. You were never a child of God in the first place if you would ever betray your Lord and savior over material world issues.

You are even more delusional then the morons who think Buhari wouldn't have Nigeria turn into a blood thirsty civil war zone before 2019. The man has ZERO experience in democratic situations and still thinks (and talks) like a dictator.

9 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
Phillfree, welldone grin grin
Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by lecturerdabo(m): 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dear your post made sense but sadly it is horribly titled!!!

2 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by GBTYO: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
This Buhari thing is a cult and that nonsense change is a demonic spirit.

OP is not a Christian in any way, form or manner but a Muslim shill

[size=18pt]OP, rest assured nobody will kill you for leaving Christianity[/size]

7 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by anneedu: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
Devil him self talking, because of politic u denounce christ, whoever that wrote this post be it Muslim or christain, may the rot of God find u where ever u are in jesus name Amen. You post means you prefer buhari or goodluck more to God or allah.

5 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by GBTYO: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2015

2 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by bandol(m): 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Shameful!!! That's what an average muslim would never say even if you promise to offer him millions of naira. Denying your christianity bcus of politics...

6 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by olaboy001(m): 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
If GEJ likes, he can rent a room inside winners chapel, he still won't win

5 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by GBTYO: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
OP, you are free to denounce Christianity and embrace whatever faith you choose.
But I wan t you to read about these brave women who stood steadfast amidst all odds.

Who knows you may learn a thing a or two about what principles and an unwavering faith actually mean and not some blind fanatic followship.

On March 6, 1752 A.D., Muin-ul-Malk, Governor of Lahore (now Pakistan), also known as Mir Mannu, ordered the extermination of Sikhs in his area and had the men-folk beheaded publicly, with the younger unmarried girls sold or distributed among the jihadis. The women and children had a different fate and were taken captives and kept hungry in the Lahore jail. Starving women were forced to operate heavy wheat grindstones and were given the option of conversion to Islam or to suffer the consequences.

They unanimously chose to remain steadfast to their faith in the face of certain death, upon which the Muslim guards gruesomely massacred over 300 infants and children, IMPALING them on spears. Chopping their limbs, bodies of babies were RIPPED open to take out internal organs which were then garlanded around their mothers necks. One by one many Sikh women suffered such brutal atrocities, but they all chose to remain steadfast to their Sikh faith instead of embracing Islam.

Miraculously though, before the womens’ turn to be slaughtered came, the surviving Sikh women were rescued by the Akalis (Sikh horsemen) sometime after the death of Mir Mannu on November 4, 1753. One can guess, that similar barbarity must have befallen on Sikh babies at other prisons where their mothers could not be rescued to tell their part of the tragedy.

Incidents like these run in the thousands if not more, and were spread over the entire Punjab region. The evidence for many such gruesome atrocities come not from the survivors such as these women, but interestingly from the Muslim chroniclers themselves who very proudly mention these infidel slayings as a “service to Islam.” Such as one account by Nur Ahmad Chishti who recorded that Mir Mannu “killed thousands of Sikhs” daily. Once, on the day of a Muslim festival, he beheaded 1100 Sikhs in public.

Even today, 200 years later, Islamists are doing the same Islamic barbarity upon the Yazidi women and children in Iraq, at the time of writing this article.

Could anything be more painful for Sikh women than to watch and witness the gruesome butchery of their own sons and husbands? These women maintained a strong conviction in their Sikh faith in the face of extreme atrocities.

In those days Sikhs were persecuted because they were considered infidels by Muslims, and today Sikhs become victims in the United States because they are confused with Muslims. It is my hope that readers will share and help avoid such confusion.

Some people may wonder why these women did not convert for a moment to save their children and themselves, be released and upon gaining their freedom, go back to following their old religion again. This way at least they could have saved their and their babies lives and go on following their old religion like before after appeasing the Muslims by “fake-converting” to Islam.

The important thing here is that the Sikh resistance shown by these women was not a fight to worship in the “Sikh way” rather than the “Islamic way”; the reader should not mistakenly consider this heroic resistance of Sikh women as some blind intoxication with Sikhism so much so that they sacrificed their children but foolishly refused to abandon Sikhism. The Sikh women here were not being obstinate about “being a Sikh to the last moment of breath.” The sacrifice shown here is the highest epitome of fighting for principles in Sikh history, for which life had to be given.

This Sikh resistance was primarily to stop the spread of Islamic ideology in India at all costs.

Instilling a blind faith and a cult-like commitment to die for Sikhism was NOT the objective here as it might seem to some. The Sikhs of that time understood very well the dangers of Islam and the hate it perpetuates towards humanity. If Islam was just another peaceful religion, then the Sikhs could just as well have converted to Islam if it was just a spiritual and peaceful religion like any other; meaning, why die for Sikhism if all religions are same?

The only way to stop the hateful ideology of Islam, was not to give in to forced Islamic conversion at all costs. In fact this was the only option available to them.

Today Islam has a very weak chance against the advent of internet and democracy in many powerful nations; but in those times many powerful civilizations were rapidly collapsing in the face of Islamic jihad. In India in one generation, either all infidels would be dead or would have converted to Islam.

Converting to Islam to save ones’ neck was already commonplace and the ‘logical thing’ to do during this time in the spread of Islamic rule in India. Many infidels in India who were forced to convert to Islam to save their necks, actually did indeed do so, and then went on to practice their old Hindu/Buddhist religion secretly inside their homes; while outwardly they used an Islamic name and put on Islamic rituals/circumcision, even using Muslim beards just to save their necks.

Over a few generations, they became more Islamic, more radicalized and started to feel a connection with pan-Islamic pride. Anti-infidel mindset radicalized them, and within a few generations, the descendants of once forced-converted-closet Hindus had turned into the same monster from whom their ancestors had tried to save themselves.

Today their descendants are called “Pakistanis”, the world’s finest producer of ongoing terrorism and a nuclear contributor to Muhammad’s 1400 year-old legacy of jihad. The ancestors of present day Muslims were all closet-Hindus at one time. They practiced ancient Hindu festivals like Holi up to two or three generations even after converting to Islam. Even today some Pakistanis keep their old Hindu surnames.

This Sikh resistance as shown here was the fight against Islamic ideology and its spread across human minds. The sacrifices such as those of these brave women had to be made- not because they were careless about their babies’ lives, nor because they were intoxicated with Sikhism as is commonly seen in many blind cult faiths- but because one of the Principles of Sikhism is to put the welfare of society above ones’ individual welfare.

The purpose of a Sikh’s life is not to be selfish about one’s survival, but about the survival of the “society/community” at large. This means the extent of harm done by self-sacrifice of these Sikh women is minor as compared to the damage to the society that would have been done if Islam were allowed to be spread in the Indian society. This can be seen today- old civilizations now turned Islamic.

Had these women converted to Islam they would have saved their lives and their babies, but it would have lead to the perpetual spread of Islamic poison in society, as we can see with the emergence of Pakistan, which is far worse than the personal death of these women or the immense grief of the massacre of their babies. It was only after this sacrifice that the Sikhs, less than 5 percent of Punjab, were able to rule over Punjab and tame the Muslim majority areas.

No other episode in history has seen a slaughtered tribe taking the enemy head on in less than a generation’s time; and rendering North India free of Islam. In the grand scheme of life, the sacrifice of these women was necessary.

On another note, humans are social animals. It’s called “Pack Mentality”… Muslims love it. Once anybody converts, Muslims will shout out loud as when some celebrity converts to Islam, they mean to show that as an example that Islam is true. If these women had converted even for a moment, an example would have been set; and a lot more people would not have stood up to fight against Islam. The idea was to show strong resistance at all costs, to stand up against Islamic oppression. There wouldn’t have been an end to Islam in India if these brave Sikh men and women had just converted.

These brave women sacrificed their babies and set a great precedent at that time. Taking inspiration from them and other Sikh martyrdom that followed, many more people joined the Sikh resistance and did not accept forced conversions, fiercely fighting against Islamic oppression. Within the next 50 years, Sikhs who were less than 5 percent of Punjab, not only destroyed and took over the Islamic empire in Punjab, but also ruled over that region which was majority Muslim, something unparalleled in history to this day. It is to say that Sikhism on the verge of being extinction, did not run away to safer parts of the world, but stood right there steadfast and rather kicked the enemy out of Punjab.

By 1800, Punjab with a sizable Muslim population was ruled by a Sikh emperor who tamed their jihadi tendencies by closing several mosques that called for jihad, banning Muslim calls to azaans in the streets of his capital and wrestling half of Afghanistan East of Khybar Pass. This put a stop to Islamic spread in India.

Today there is no Islam in as much as half of Punjab (today’s North India). Sikhs who numbered less than 5 percent of a population could not have saved their future generations from Islam but for the bravery of these women. In the grand scheme of life, the sorrow and sacrifices faced by the Sikh women must have been small yet necessary.

Now we are in a much better and safer position with the advent of the internet to face Islamic jihad. But will we use our freedoms today to carry on the fight of these women? These women belong not just to the Sikh faith but serve as a beacon of inspiration for all of us freedom-loving people.

8 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by lecturerdabo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
anneedu:
Devil him self talking, because of politic u denounce christ, whoever that wrote this post be it Muslim or christain, may the rot of God find u where ever u are in jesus name Amen. You post means you prefer buhari or goodluck more to God or allah.

You think two wrongs can make a right?

You think cursing the writer is God's will for him/her?

You think that is the best way to propagate salvation?
Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
"Religion is the opium of the masses."
- Karl Marx.
Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by GBTYO: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
"Religion is the opium of the masses."
- Karl Marx.

The same religion your party and it's candidate has exploited with the choice of Buhari whose past utterances way back in 2001 called for the electorate to vote along religious lines.

Your party will then raid the pulpit to find a Judas willing to serve as a dousing agent on this islamist.

Tell me more...

7 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by olaboy001(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
bandol:
Shameful!!! That's what an average muslim would never say even if you promise to offer him millions of naira. Denying your christianity bcus of politics...
You don't have sense my guy
Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by GBTYO: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
olaboy001:

You don't have sense my guy

And what is sensible about OP's misplaced rants?

How many muslims will dare become apostates because of Jonathan support?

5 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by olaboy001(m): 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
GBTYO:

And what is sensible about OP's misplaced rants?

How many muslims will dare become apostates because of Jonathan support?

I guess you should understand what he trying to say....
Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by GBTYO: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
olaboy001:

I guess you should understand what he trying to say....

Understand what?

I am sure you are a muslim. If by chance Buhari was not a muslim and your support for him was still miraculously intact would you dare denounce islam for him?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Valentinooo: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Vote any body u like n not because your pastor or Imam said so.
Our hypocrisy is too much in Nigeria.. The most religious yet the most corrupt

3 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by mamajohn(f): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
I will not denounce Christianity but GEJ can never have my vote, I was fooled by the shoeless story in 2011, never again!

3 Likes

Re: I will Denounce My Christianity If Being A Christian Means Voting For GEJ by Phillfree(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Ishilove:
Phillfree, welldone grin grin

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Yorubas Be Like...(picture) After Oba's Comment / What Should We Yoruba Muslims Think About The Fulanization Of The Army? / How We Can Develop Ala-Igbo - Okezie Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.