Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (56739 Views)

$7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana / Okonjo-iweala Responds To Oshiomhole's Accusation / Ndi Igbo, How Could Soludo, Attack Ngozi Iweala? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by mpowa(m): 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
1.4 million jobs per year? is it ghosts they're employing? Because I wonder who's getting the job. Abi na togo people them they employ?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by omolami: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
Soludo is a serisl liar,incompetent and serial loser like buhari.He is equally an economic saboteur who should not be taken seriously.He is still,bitter with Pdp that dumped him.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by orinocopulse: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
Flets:
The key things that didn't makes sense to me on Soludo’s write up are

1. If it wasn't for political gains, why wait till election period for such write up
2. Why referencing Peter Obi in a write up that should never have involved him?
3. He declared Obj a saint
4. He lied about povert rate. Check www.unctad.com

Good analysis and I agree with 2 and 3 strongly.
1) that's debatable. He may have been responding to try to salvage some rep when someone asked "where is Soludo". Also, if he did it for political "gains", bashing both major parties is not the way about. In terms of timing, regardless of when this came out, it would be seen as political anyways.

On 4) statistics are complex and can be interpreted and computed in various ways. But in terms of poverty, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE ONLY 33% of Nigerians are poor? In other words. ONLY 3 OUT OF 10. Think about that!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by skyra: 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

Not an excuse, GEJ presided over the highest average oil prices.. We could have been prepared for this.
You should have complained when the thieving governors were asking for their own cut of the funds which were being saved or have you forgotten that there is a case at the supreme court over this issue. She did go overboard cutting soludo to size, but he deserves it for being deliberately mischievous

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by blazesam(m): 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
who watched from the senate today? If you did then you will know what she is really doin with Jonathan by eating our money seriously and confussing the youth with sure-p and you win programs. Senators were so angry cause they are not knowing how the federal accounts is been managed by the minister and president. Dont be mislead as there is a saying that,once bitten twice shy.'' you know how charlse and obj governed this country and there were no worries and cry. Is

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by eluquenson(m): 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
Okonjo-Iweala is a bad luck to Nigeria economy

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ceejayluv(m): 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
franciskaine:
cos his opinion doesn't please ur interest bah!
He didn't drop any links or facts against those claims.....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by omonnakoda: 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
ceejayluv:

What sorta question is that? Where's the other half by Amaechi and Co?
Actually I am not for Amaechi and co I agree with Soludo when he said he does not believe APC has a solution. But we are not discussing APC here . When one is arraigned one doe not point at others. Right now we are discussing the FG that is the subject of this thread . WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FG SHARE OF ECA WHICH I MORE THAN HALF BY THE WAY

I don't think the answer is to say the states were wasteful so the FG followed ,That sounds a bit like Adam ; It is the woman that made me to eat

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by tbaba1234: 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
skyra:
You should have complained when the thieving governors were asking for their own cut of the funds which were being saved or have you forgotten that there is a case at the supreme court over this issue. She did go overboard cutting soludo to size, but he deserves it for being deliberately mischievous

Personal attacks take away from the message. Facts and figures would have been more effective..

The governors also pressured OBJ and he refused...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by OLADD: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
agabusta:
It is getting more interesting.

I am surprised NOI can be praising Sanusi. After they have stampeded Sanusi out of office they can now acknowledge his contributions. yeye people. Well, lets keep watching, Aunty Ngozi may finally commend him in his effort of reporting the $20B stolen money after they are kicked out in February and GMB is sworn in in May 29th. grin grin

The hallmark of this administration still shows in the response. Before they address issues, they first attack the person that tables the issues. Anybody that talks against this administration will be attacked personally even before addressing the issues raised.

Compatriot, you have every right to like or dislike any government but what should be eschewed in entirety is the attitude of been economical with the truth when issues bothering on such govt are discussed. Nobody in Jonathan's administration has embarked on outright condemnation of Sanusi during and after he left office. When the history of Central Bank adminstration is written in Nigeria, Sanusi's regime will be remembered for some laudable interventions. However, Sanusi allowed parochial considerations and political adventure to derail and undermine his office, he yielded to anti-Jonathan agents (APC specifically) and in the process, threw his personal image and achievement into the mud. It's now in the achirve that the then sitting CBN governor in a desperate move to smear the image of his commander in chief went berserk by throwing up allegations of supposed missing NNPC money, fiddling with different figures at different fora, from $48b to $20b and finally to $10b dollars, a claim that was eventually dismissed by the Legislative house as a ruse. From the ensuing, debates allegations and counter allegations, it was obvious that Sanusi was playing out a script well written to label Jonathan's adminstration as corrupt while on the other hand project the image of the opposition. So when the downside of Sanusi is been mentioned, it's natural and expedient to also trump up his major highpoints in office.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by anonimi: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
wazobiaforu:
Minster of paper transformation is saying her rubbish again as usual

Kindly point to which of the achievements listed below is a "paper transformation"
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by goldman777: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
gej goverment is corrupt and pushing nigeria into a bottomless pit

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by sammhi(m): 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
for those saying the agriculture is not working.....how much was a bag of rice two years ago precisely 2012-2013 and how much is it now?
has the price gone up or down or remain same..? surely its down ..if so how...come a bag of rice is 8500 even when the dollar has gone up?
also how come tomatoes , onions and carot is almost same price throut 2014 to now and is very cheap.....
before now onions would have been scarce and expensive
please open your eyes and dont let hatred blind you to these changes....haba ?? or you no dey go market?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Fadelex(m): 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
ceejayluv:

Drop figures pls... The oil price hovered circa $100 per barrel when the benchmark was set at 50-60 dollars... Don't let sentiments cloud your judgement.
I'm not being sentimental, but the arrogance of okonjo iweala is what I marvelled at, it's sure better to have a budget surplus than deficit, how do we finance our budget if oil price refused to surge above $50 ?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by callmenow: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Wscholar:
dejt4u, OP I don't think you are okay at all. what did soludo say that you termed "shameless". is it a taboo for him to air his views cos I am very sure he knows more than u in that regard.
he never said anything rudely and all what he pointed out are what the presidency needs to address. If u re being hired always endeavor to use your initiatives before u run your mouth.

Are we not living witnesses to the disaster that Oceanic bank, inter continental, citizens bank, etc which Soludo oversaw turned into? Are we not aware that despite debt pardon, running to $70 billions by the Paris club, IMF and world Bank, that there was no infrastructure to show for all oil and non oil earnings during OBJ/Soludo years? How could you forget that NOI was the finance minister at the pertinent time? NOI was angry that Soludo was trying to rewrite history. You, like most Nigerians have short memory. Was it not thirty years ago that buhari was killing people by hangings, firing squad, willy Nelly unjustifiably? Yet today he is the messiah who will fix the oil price, fix the petroleum price, pave the streets of ABA, lokoja, suleja and 40 cities across Nigeria in gold? Soludo lied, was rude to NOI, and should apologise for his pernicious lies.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by dvee2: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
Did he fail as CBN governor or not? Do u know wot his time as CBN governor cost the Nigerian economy? Do u know how much of tax payers money the CBN had to use to bail out the failing banks? Do u know how many shareholders had to forfeit their shares in the nationalised banks? Do u know how many bankers lost their jobs in the banking reform that followed and the no of bank branches that remain closed to dis day?
We are all educated pple. Let's talk based on fatcs.

From your comment should we now deduce that SLS is a genius for turning the tide and putting the banks right without loosing depositors money and profitable?
Should you and the presidency apologise to SLS for calling him names?
You are a pathetic liar, you called sanusi incompetent, you said he got his degree from Sudan Islamic study, and you said he was only CBN governor because of quota system. Now you claim sanusi was a genius cleaning up soludus mess.
Choose one, you can't eat your cake and have it

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by omonnakoda: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

Personal attacks take away from the message. Facts and figures would have been more effective..

The governors also pressured OBJ and he refused...
The FG share of the budet is 54% so they should have saved 54% of the ECA but the truth is when the governors took their share the FG did too. The difference is the FG's budget was based on a benchmark while the states were not so in taking its share the FG was actually breaking the law( the budget is a law) Even when they needed $1 billion to buy arms they had to BORROW because they had emptied the ECA (FG SHARE)

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Chigold101(m): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
*opens dictionary to find meaning of Intellectual Hara-kiri*

Brilliant response though compared to the rubbish that spewed from FFK.

I like this. This is Issue-based.
However, there are still pockets of personal attacks.
Soludo attacked them thats why they are being personal at sametime selling their achievement to the people...

Soludo fall my hand when he called Economic Team of this administration traders... Thatsol

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
But can PDP justify this huge amount spent on security as on the pic..

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by 100Cents: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
Soludo in his characteristic intelligent manner made valid points but took them to a personal level.

He also blinded his eyes to the achievements of Jonathan's government. No one is perfect. Soludo's sojourn in CBN was also dented by faults in Financial Supervision. He became so friendly with the CEOs and that general palpable feeling that all was well deceived everyone till the meltdown which exposed that all was not well with the fattened banking sector.

Good response by the honourable minister. I still praise soludo's rhetorics.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by lookmangiw(m): 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
mpowa:
1.4 million jobs per year? is it ghosts they're employing? Because I wonder who's getting the job. Abi na togo people them they employ?
please ask them oooo.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by shilexholly(m): 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
GMB is coming to clear all dis.....aunty ngozi.....repent now before its too late cos kirikiri sure for u die

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by fresh15: 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ngozi,tell them for clarity sake.I knew that he was just blabbing.I know that Jonathan has done well and needs to be re-elected.Vote GEJ

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by chimyfidel: 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Shameless government officials.we all knw wat do.....the wrath of God Wil soon visit u if u dnt repent nd be fair nd sincere to urselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Swiftboy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
2fine2fast:
She should explain to us how our Darling Naira has fared under her misadministration.

$1 = #213
Sabo market, Ibadan.
26-01-2015
so you chose not to read the reason for the devaluation? Funny how you've chosen to believe what you've been told without finding out the truth. Niga get real!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by EMANY01(m): 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sconty09:

Prudent- Wow,this woman think Nigerians are fools with more that 10 private jets bought,$10 billion subsidy scam,pension scam and oil theft with connivance with government. if you think Nigerians are sick,I'm not.

Jallopy Airport- Wow This woman. Is that the same airports you see travelling thru world bank all your life,Does it look like modern day airports leaking and overtaken by floods

Is there another country called Nigeria- I don't have to be an economist to know this is fraud and voodoo. I never get to a see the a seed of your rice and cassava bread not available as well in the market,I buy from local market in my neighborhood and mile 1.

[size=22pt]Madam, soludo was asking about surplus from our oil sales when it's booming,selling for like $140-$170 per barrels,not we have put in place or we will do. how many houses built in the last six years by this administration?
[/size]

[size=22pt][/size]t]- how can you export what you don't have or has not become acceptable /available in your country,aside cement by dangote which is private investment.
[/size]

CRAP ECONOMISTS, I DON'T JUST GET IT. FEBRUARY 14 IS AROUND THE CORNER,WE SHALL PROBE ALL YOUR THEORY AND FAILED PRACTICE

i,Please state here and now when a barrel of oil cost above $113 dollars.Do that or every thing you have said in your post is a lie.

ii,America and China are the world's top two export economies.Please state the exports that their governments are directly responsible for and compare that data to the size of their export economies.
The cassava,cement,cocoa,pineapples that were exported last year did not come from the government but contributed to the growth of the economy.The target is to increase private sector export to surpass by far in value that of the government.

iii,Please go back to school or get a refund for whichever school you went to.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Swiftboy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
mpowa:
Did she say its a government job? Wonder why you could not comprehend a simple piece. Read again and digest!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by callmenow: 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
A simple question of fact Where is the FG share no diversionary slogans.
Yes the governors insisted in getting their share and the FG made their budget on a lower benchmark so WHERE IS THE SURPLUS

Surplus? Methinks you are being mischievous. Recurrent expenditures on things like salaries alone swallow up most of the cash. Yet the federal civil and public services are embarking on strike soon if their remuneration is not increased again by the rate of inflation. Does oil subsidy ring a bell, SURE-P, etc? GEJ must raise more money from tax or some thing for his manifesto or it will not be implemented. Put it another was, bankrupt Greece generate more cash than Nigeria. Food for thought. It is right to be oppositional, but lace your criticism with facts.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Curlieweed: 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
Fadelex:

I'm not being sentimental, but the arrogance of okonjo iweala is what I marvelled at, it's sure better to have a budget surplus than deficit, how do we finance our budget if oil price refused to surge above $50 ?

Like most things in economics (economics is only a social science), you can't be so categorical.

Sometimes budget deficits may actually be more useful that surpluses to achieve certain policy goals. For example, if the economy is slowing down to the extent of flirting with deflation (opposite of inflation), budget deficits can be used to give a much need boost to the economy.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by lozairio(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Talking about unproven accusation which is said that was the reason sanusi was sacked what happened to the freedom of speech

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by 3kay945(m): 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
dejt4u:
For anyone who has not read Professor Charles Soludo’s article on January 25 2015, I would encourage them to do so. It is littered with abusive and unbecoming language. It shows how an embittered loser in the Nigerian political space can get so derailed that they commit intellectual harakiri by deliberately misquoting economic facts and maliciously turning statistics on their head to justify a hatchet job.
We hope all the intellectuals in the international circles, in which Professor Soludo has told us he flies around in, will read what a Professor of Economics has chosen to do with his intellect.

In this one article, Soludo has shamelessly pandered to so many past leaders that Nigerians are asking one more time – what position is
Soludo gunning for now? He claims in his article that he has had his own share of public service, yet he has failed twice in his attempts to be Governor of Anambra State and Vice Presidential candidate of various parties. There is definitely an issue of character with Prof. Charles Soludo and his desperate search for power and relevance in Nigeria. Nigerians should therefore beware of so-called intellectuals without character and wisdom because this combination is fatal.

But let us turn to the main subject of Soludo’s discourse. So much of what is written is outright nonsense and self-seeking aggrandizement that need not be dignified with a response. It is totally remarkable that Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, the man who presided over the worst mismanagement of Nigeria’s banking sector as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria between May 2004 and May 2009, can write about the mismanagement of the economy.

Paul C Nwabuikwu

Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/175796-okonjo-iweala-attacks-soludo-says-hes-nigerias-worst-cbn-governor-ever.html

I lost interest after reading the first and second paragraph. It cant be objective since the starting clearly shows attack on Soludo.
The last time i checked, SOludo is not member of APC so its Peedeepee problem.
Sai Buhari.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by agabaI23(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Soludo haba! You see your life?
NOI tell him jare wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fayose Cries: Police Beat Me, Hit My Neck With Gun, I Can't Turn (VIDEO) / Yahaya Bello In Bourdillon, Meets Tinubu (Photo) / Governor Impregnates A Corper; NYSC Member Serving In His State - SDK's Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.