Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC (2342 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Mu’azu Describes Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari As “The Biggest Surprise” / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by tayooluwole: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
PRESS RELEASE.
That meaningless AFENIFERE endorsement of President Jonathan!

As a Political campaign organization, our attention in the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential campaign has been drawn to the purported endorsement of AFENIFERE for the reelection of President Goodluck Jonathan. From the available media reports, the predication of that endorsement was on the President’s convocation of a National confab and, a promise to implement same.
For us, there can be no greater puerile reason by an organization to give in its inability to rise beyond jejune considerations in holistically appreciating the essence of the current national discourse. The APC stayed away from the National confab because of its belief that an administration, that had accentuated and exacerbated the ethno-religious cleavages of the Nigerian people in the last five years, is incapable of organizing a meaningful national confab in mitigating the myriads of challenges assailing the Nation State. Secondly, our Party stood on the firm ground against the National confab because the modalities employed in the selection of preponderant number of the conferees by the PDP-led Federal government could only make the outcome of the conference to be used for serving the despicable political agenda of the current administration. It is incongruous to believe that an exercise that did not get the assent of the Nigerian people can be used as a basis for contemplating a people-oriented Constitution! Furthermore, Our Party believes that a President, that is a serial promise breaker, cannot be trusted to keep his promise; it therefore beggars belief where the AFENIFERE leaders got their optimism from, except there are other subterranean considerations for this infamous endorsement! It is a matter of pride that the APC has articulated an implementable program for the restructuring of the Nigerian State, if elected into Office. We shall do this as our Party is peopled with Patriotic leaders, who have kept promises to the people in the past.
For the records, the Yoruba people have been privileged to have Leaders with unmistakable candour and courage in speaking eloquently and unambiguously at critical times in our Nation’s history. At his 6th July, 1974 University of Ife convocation speech, the revered Yoruba Leader, the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo made scathing remarks on the 1973 census exercise conducted by the same administration which he once served as Finance Minister. Dr. Christopher Kolade, a respected Yoruba leader, was unsparing in his condemnation of President Goodluck Jonathan’s show of discomforting insouciance to the insecurity in the land and the President’s apparent lack of leadership capacity in resolving this issue. It did not matter to this ebullient Yoruba son that the administration gave him opportunity to serve as the Chairman of its SURE-P program. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, as elder-statesman and a notable Yoruba Son, has consistently shot down the electability of President Goodluck Jonathan on account of his disposition to alarming institutional corruption, exacerbation of ethno-religious bigotry in the land and obvious incapacitation in tackling the menace of insecurity in the land.
The real reasons for this AFENIFERE’s endorsement may not be known, but these definitely are not in the interest of the Yoruba people that this group pretends to be serving. All across the South West and, everywhere within the Nation space where Yoruba people are found, there is a loud acclamation for Change. This desire for change by the Yoruba has impugned the veracity of the AFENIFERE endorsement.
We hereby advise the Yoruba and, indeed the Nigerian people, to discountenance the endorsement of AFENIFERE as the personal opinion of a group that has no relevance in the politico-economic conditions of the South-West states. We shall continue to work assiduously for the peace and politico-economic well of the Nigerian people.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Engr. Rotimi Fashakin.
For: The Directorate of Media and Publicity,
APC- Presidential Campaign Organization.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=785644498155990&id=100001313413747&_rdr

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by nwafuluozoh: 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Bet they didn't see that coming.
Losers! grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by minister2015: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Thank u, Dr chris kolade has said GEJ isn't a good leader. Tell me among the so called AFENIFEREs who can match Dr kolade in terms of sincerity and being blunt, here is a man who didn't receive a dime as salary.
SAI GMB

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by ibedun: 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
Not even GOD can change APC's destiny.
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by nzeadachie: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, AND MILITANTS ENDORSING BUHARI HAVE MEANING RIGHT?

10 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Bet they didn't see that coming.
Losers! grin grin grin grin
Ashawos and MEND endorsing Buhari is very very meaningful

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Change2015(m): 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
Afenifere that was given vasectomy over 8yrs ago? Pensioners club. Once Pa Adesanya died, Afenifere declined and has now consigned itself to licking it's wounds in a quiet corner of the West. Zero influence, zero impact!

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by OAM4J: 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
I am a full blooded Yoruba man. Definitely Afenifere endorsement was not made on my behalf or that of my large family that earnestly desire for change.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
kaycid77:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the thing pain dem wellu wellu grin grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
Change2015:
Afenifere that was given vasectomy over 8yrs ago? Pensioners club. Once Pa Adesanya died, Afenifere declined and has now consigned itself to licking it's wounds in a quiet corner of the West. Zero influence, zero impact!

#change
#GMB
#APC

You will see how influential there are when theresults starts rolling in failbuhari 15
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
OAM4J:
I am a full blooded Yoruba man. Definitely Afenifere endorsement was not made on my behalf or that of my large family that earnestly desire for change.

You can only speak for yourself.Afenifere speaks for a much larger populace

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by FrankC3: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
APC have some serious problem when it comes to accepting that just as there are millions of Nigerians who love what they represent, there are equally the other millions on who agree passionately in what their opponents stand for. There are even the other millions who do not care about any strong position but are going to vote on February the 14th based on how they 'feel' and democracy guarantees all such rights. This lack of tolerance of different opinion is of serious concern to any democrat.

PDM just endorsed APC's Presidential candidate yesterday but nobody is insulting PDM for excercising their democratic rights. APC leaders and followers alike denigrate and insult anybody who disagree with them, even recently, they came all out insulting AIT for doing what media houses do, while defending and even insulting others for daring to call The Punch, The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Premium Times and other pro APC media outlets to order. They insult Igbos, Ijaws, South Westerners, Middle Belt and even other Northerners that desire to vote the President. What is it about APC that make them feel entitled to acceptance?

They are even scaring the undecided the more. If a Buhari does not feel he owe the people he want to lead some explanations regarding his qualifications, if Lai Mohamed can arrogantly ask the 18 year old boy that just wrote WASSCE exam for the second time to clear his English and Mathematics to go to court when all the boy just want is to have a proof of their flag bearer's qualifications to help him decide, if APC followers insult everyone that disagree with them, if APC leaders and her followers, including their Presidential candidate daily insinuate that the people in PDP are all corrupt and that they will be jailed should they clinch power at the centre, without recourse to the rule of law and concious knowledge that the President does not jail people but the Judges, any sane mind will start getting worried at the the possibility of APC being unleashed on this nation.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by nwafuluozoh: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
kaycid77:

Before nko? APC na Ashawo Peoples Coven. As for MEND ,no comments.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by heywhytech1(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
AFENIFERE KO AFENIFEBI NI, GROUP OF CORRUPT INDIVIDUALS. I AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY DISTANCE OURSELVRS FROM THIS CLICK OF CALLOUS GROUP. THEY ARE MINORITY WHO CANNEVER DICTATE FOR YORUBA BECAUSE YORUBAS HAVE COMMON SENSE AND CANNOT ALLOW FAILED LEADER TO SPEAK ON OURBEHALF.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by OAM4J: 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

We saying the same thing.

May be they speak for a much larger populace and may be not, I dont care who they speak for..

But as for me and my Omoluwabi family, we earnestly desire change.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by babyfaceafrica: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
On this issue I agree with APC ...afenifere has now been reduced to a toothless bulldog since the demise of pa adesanya..they views don't really hold water

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by mazzi: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hahahahaha,cry cry babiez.becos the didn't endorse them.
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by scribble: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
OAM4J:

As a fellow Yoruba. I'm proud of afenifere for supporting the best man for the job.

GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by OAM4J: 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
scribble:

As a fellow Yoruba. I'm proud of afenifere for supporting the best man for the job.

GEJ

Ebele to you..., I mean goodluck to you. My point is Afenifere does not speak for the entire Yoruba race.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by ngoziiwenofu1: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ Is the president and will still be.
Kaduna (NDR) - This certificate scandal of Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has really opened the eyes of many. Initially, some of us in the north thought that Goodluck Jonathan in his desperate move to remain in power beyond 2015 wants to use this certificate issue to shut out our champion, Buhari.

But from every indication, the opposite is the case. It's an understatement to say that I'm ashamed of being a Muslim and be supporting Buhari. Islam is not about lies and evil. Islam is a true religion based on peace and unity. 

For over a month, Buhari is yet to provide his certificate and remove the shame he has painted on us, his diehard supporters. I mean, how difficult is it for Buhari to instruct WAEC to send a copy of his certificate to INEC, not to Premium Times? Is this so difficult? He doesn't need to travel to do this. The time he used in Press Conference is the same opportunity he would tell WAEC to kindly send his certificate to INEC. By so doing, the whole world would know that he is truly a man of integrity and incorruptible. 

Organizing a Press Conference with the aim to release a shabbily prepared Statement of Result is not ideal, especially when the CERTIFICATE is there with WAEC. Or is the Statement of Result more valuable than the CERTIFICATE?

For 2 days now, I have thought about everything I held Buhari at high esteemed thinking that he was being victimized by the lucifers in PDP, but I was wrong. I have come to a solid conclusion that he has been lying to us, his ardent supporters. I am ashamed to say this, but I must say it. I must describe Buhari in 6 words:

1. FRAUD - he entered the army without any certificate but rose to the rank of Maj-General taking salaries and pensions which he didn't merit.

2. COUPIST - he was the arrowhead in ousting Gowon in 1976 as well as Shagari in 1983.

3. LOOTER - I now believe the $2 billion in midland bank Fela sang about.

4. BIGOT - He jailed politicians that are not from his ethnic group or how could one explain why Shagari wasn't jailed but Ekwueme was. He feels so proud that he executed 76% of PTF projects in the north, neglecting even our Muslim brothers and sisters in the Southwest.

5. LIAR - He maintains that Abacha didn't steal just because he followed Abacha and looted Nigeria dry. He claims to have N1m in his bank account, yet his children are in the UK schooling where millions of naira are paid as Tuition fees.

6. FORGER - this one is causing me depression. I can't believe that Buhari has no single certificate, instead of him to open up, he went and forged one. 

We have no option than to stick with Jonathan till 2019. Buhari has messed us up walahi!

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

Not for me either, Afenifere is out of touch.
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by asadike(f): 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gej, everywhere you go. Join d transformation train. We need transformation and continuity not change. What are we really changing to?
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by moneypassmadam: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Few Weeks to the d-day..
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
asadike:
Gej, everywhere you go. Join d transformation train. We need transformation and continuity not change. What are we really changing to?

Transformation to what exactly? A country that is now shared with terrorists? Unbridled corruption? Nonchalant attitude to pressing national issues? Millions of graduates trampling over each other for non existent jobs? Darkness as in no electricity?

Jona must go. His red card is carefully tucked away.
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by asadike(f): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
Aigbofa:

Transformation to what exactly? A country that is now shared with terrorists? Unbridled corruption? Nonchalant attitude to pressing national issues? Millions of graduates trampling over each other for non existent jobs? Darkness as in no electricity?

Jona must go. His red card is carefully tucked away.
still far better than d illiterate cattle rearer! Is buhari the change we really need? I ask again , change to what exactly?
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Change2015(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

You will see how influential there are when theresults starts rolling in failbuhari 15

Yes FeBuhari will tell us all. Meanwhile, please let me know of one local government that Afenifere influences. Just one?

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by scribble: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
OAM4J:

Ebele to you..., I mean goodluck to you. My point is Afenifere does not speak for the entire Yoruba race.

Neither does APC. We understand each other.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
OAM4J:

I completely aligned with this.....

Afenifere elders know they only speak for their members, some of their families and whoever is comfortable with this present state of affairs in the country...definitely not the larger Yoruba population
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by mazzi: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
Where are all those mofos that are found of advising igboz on where to align politically?they should also come and advice their afenifere elderz now.ndi ara!

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by sherrylo: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
Afenifere ko Afenifeiya ni. Change is all we want and APC is the change we desire.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
God bless President GEJ. Victory is sure by God's grace. One with God is majority.
Re: Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC by fallout87: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
If the endorsement truly meant nothing...... why the quick response to it?

Never listen to what these politicians say; just watch their actions. To move so quickly to deny the impact of a situations, is a defensive move. Why make a defensive move if the situation means nothing?

Politicians lie o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Jonathan Become This Powerful! / PDP And APC Supporters, You Have No Choice But To See This / I APOLOGISE, I Did Not Speak With The King - Babajide Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.