Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,743 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) (6407 Views)

COAS Donated Ambulance To NDA In Line To Islamize Nigeria / How Buhari Lost Support After 4months In 1984 (NY Times Article) / New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by hazyfm1: 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Excerpt from the article;

"Under the Government of the previous President, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari, many Christian schools were taken over by the state, and permits to build churches were held up while the construction of mosques was stepped up".

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/21/world/a-burst-of-moslem-fervor-in-nigeria-the-north-stirs-and-the-south-frets.html?

[size=18pt]DID U GO THROUGH PRIMARY SCHOOL?[/size]
I READ YOUR SOURCE, TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR TRASH
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
Collynzo9:

All the 19 states thenhad administrators that were strictly appointed by Buhari, they were like ministers whose decisions must be in line with Buhari's policies, they were simply there to do his bidding.
Taking over christian schools from churches, refusal to grant permit for church building while speeding up the process for mosques, amounts to Islamization.
For you to liken Military Governors to Ministers shows your shallowness in the understanding of public administration. The Ministers are Officers of the FG, while the Military Governors are CEOs of the respective states. They don't brief the HoS nor take orders from them on certain policies. In fact, Marwa as Military Governor was loved by Lagosians despite Abacha being hated by the same Lagosians. Do you think Military Colonels and Lt Colonels are robots? Sometimes you need to read to understand before making statements. How can HoS tell Governors not to grant request for permit? Are all the Governors muslims? Are they robots? Guy abeg pack well. You de fall hand.
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by rozayx5(m): 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
jmoore:
Some folks need to learn from history.

Kai Buhari!!

Buhari/ Fr Mbaka 2019

grin grin
genbuhari listed all his lords achievements and all of them were about prison cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by rozayx5(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
mods frontpage cheesy
no escape
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Collynzo9: 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
For you to liken Military Governors to Ministers shows your shallowness in the understanding of public administration. The Ministers are Officers of the FG, while the Military Governors are CEOs of the respective states. They don't brief the HoS nor take orders from them on certain policies. In fact, Marwa as Military Governor was loved by Lagosians despite Abacha being hated by the same Lagosians. Do you think Military Colonels and Lt Colonels are robots? Sometimes you need to read to understand before making statements. How can HoS tell Governors not to grant request for permit? Are all the Governors muslims? Are they robots? Guy abeg pack well. You de fall hand.
The military governors were appointees of the head of state. They were completely answerable to their boss.
There is just no way you can spin it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
donphilopus:

If I were you, I would not vote the person who did this to me any longer. What the heck is 'What are my'? Product of Jonathan's failed educational system.
in Fela's voice, "Teacher don't teach me nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Collynzo419: 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
Collynzo9:

[s]The military governors were appointees of the head of state. They were completly answerable to their boss.
There is just no way you can spin it.[/s]
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Collynzo419: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
[s]Excerpt from the article;

"Under the Government of the previous President, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari, many Christian schools were taken over by the state, and permits to build churches were held up while the construction of mosques was stepped up".

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/21/world/a-burst-of-moslem-fervor-in-nigeria-the-north-stirs-and-the-south-frets.html?[/s]
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Collynzo419: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Collynzo9:
[s]Tactical Islamization policy.
SMH
I hope people will not blame PDP for an article that was written in 1986 when PDP wasn't in existence.[/s]
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
That was in 2010
Read your history people and what has been written about Buhari over the years.

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained
perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and
afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded. His
insensitivity to Nigerias diversity and his parochial focus are already
well-known. In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADCs
father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old
currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive
laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted
by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law. Buhari was so high
handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful
reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was
used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That
tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are
facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of
Buharis stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served,
is a tale for another day.

Mallam El-Rufai respects both Generals Buhari and Babangida as elder
statesmen. He believes their age, experience and guidance may contribute to
the success of any future government. El-Rufai however believes that it is
time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome
democratic attitude to move our nation forward. The vicious response by the
Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should
retire is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views
different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his
fledgling party and its leadership. Buhari and his cohorts may wish to
reflect that it will take more than attacks on personalities to become
electable. Having seen his version of discipline, Nigerians are not likely
to cherish an encore. But they will welcome an engagement with the issues
and problems of everyday life that have hobbled the peoples of this land.

The press release above was vintage Nasir El-Rufai to General Buhari in 2010

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
hazyfm1:

[size=18pt]DID U GO THROUGH PRIMARY SCHOOL?[/size]
I READ YOUR SOURCE, TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR TRASH

You must have been a f00l then not to have seen where to click to go to page 2.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
berem:
There is no concrete proof he did that. Do you have any other credible link?

cheesy cheesy

If New York Times of 1986 is not credible, I wonder what source would be credible to you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Xendld: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
See this is evidence the Aboki illiterate terrorist and His Boko boys always wanted to Islamize Nigeria! But their mission will never succeed!

God bless OP
God bless GEJ
GEJ till 2019
Thunder Fire APshlt and Aboki terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by hazyfm1: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

You must have been a f00l then not to have seen where to click to go to page 2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OLODO
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

If New York Times of 1986 is not credible, I wonder what source would be credible to you.
Seen.
So do you think it is possible for Buhari to islamize Nigeria?
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
berem:
Seen.
So do you think it is possible for Buhari to islamize Nigeria?

He has stated it time without number that he will work towards rolling out sharia nationwide. It's a pity a lot of people do not know this man Buhari. He's an honest man no doubt but is not fit to be President of Nigeria due to ethnic and religious bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by omenka(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
I followed your own link. You shoulld respond to my points that you quoted. For the record, I am quoting it again....
cc Omenka and Donphilopus
Bros you know all these age, certificate, islamize twaddle aren't the kind of debates I get involved in due to their sheer hypocrisy and idiocy. Just some hours ago, Maku alleged that he was schemed out of PDP primary because he isn't a muslim...

Abeg, I wan take my Udeme in peace. People who want to bust their heads over Buhari's issue can do so. It's none of my business.
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

He has stated it time without number that he will work towards rolling out sharia nationwide. It's a pity a lot of people do not know this man Buhari. He's an honest man no doubt but is not fit to be President of Nigeria due to ethnic and religious bigotry.

Sharia is meant for Muslims and not Christians and part of the Muslim religion. How is that your concern? Zamfara state started the sharia law during obasanjo's administration but never have you heard there's being ethnic or religious uproar in that state.
Who is more ethnic and religious bigoted like Jonathan,Sambo and PDP who keep dividing Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines?
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Excerpt from the article;

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/21/world/a-burst-of-moslem-fervor-in-nigeria-the-north-stirs-and-the-south-frets.html?
[size=28pt]
LIAR!

The article was written Febuhari 1986 way longer than when Buhari left office 27 August 1985

See your life? Go find work, GEJ nor gree give you work.[/size]
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
berem:
Sharia is meant for Muslims and not Christians and part of the Muslim religion. How is that your concern? Zamfara state started the sharia law during obasanjo's administration but never have you heard there's being ethnic or religious uproar in that state.
Who is more ethnic and religious bigoted like Jonathan,Sambo and PDP who keep dividing Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines?

Hisbah police is going around in Kano in the name of Sharia destroying people's sources of livelihoods. They seize truckloads of Nigerian brewery, Guinness etc products belonging to Igbo traders in Kano and destroy them.

Nne, is that not a source of concern to you?
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Hisbah police is going around in Kano in the name of Sharia destroying people's source of livelihoods. They seize truckloads of Nigerian brewery, Guinness etc products belonging to Igbo traders in Kano and destroy them.

Nne, is that not a source of concern to you?
Nigerian brewery and guiness does not belong to Igbos.Stop making it look as if Igbos are the main targets of sharia law.
What are the type of goods that were destroyed by hisbah police?
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
berem:
Nigerian brewery and guiness does not belong to Igbos.Stop making it look as if Igbos are the main targets of sharia law.
What are the type of goods that were destroyed by hisbah police?

I'm talking about the distributors. The destruction is at a loss to the distributors and sundry traders, they go to shops too to destroy alcoholic beverages. I only used the name of the companies to point to their products, Alcohol.

In some parts of the North where Sharia is practised, there is segregation. Men are not allowed to board the same commercial vehicles with women.

Nwa, reconsider your support for Buhari biko.
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
diluminati:

[size=28pt]
LIAR!

The article was written Febuhari 1986 way longer than when Buhari left office 27 August 1985

See your life? Go find work, GEJ nor gree give you work.[/size]

Is it that you can't read or you have a problem with comprehension?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Is it that you can't read or you have a problem with comprehension?

Please just shut up already. I have bust your bubble, you fakery
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I'm talking about the distributors. The destruction is at a loss to the distributors and sundry traders, they go to shops too to destroy alcoholic beverages. I only used the name of the companies to point to their products, Alcohol.

In some parts of the North where Sharia is practised, there is segregation. Men are not allowed to board the same commercial vehicles with women.

Nwa, reconsider your support for Buhari biko.
My support for Buhari still stands. No going back sunny. cheesy
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
omenka:
Bros you know all these age, certificate, islamize twaddle aren't the kind of debates I get involved in due to their sheer hypocrisy and idiocy. Just some hours ago, Maku alleged that he was schemed out of PDP primary because he isn't a muslim...

Abeg, I wan take my Udeme in peace. People who want to bust their heads over Buhari's issue can do so. It's none of my business.
grin grin
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by nwafuluozoh: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mallam Buhari is one of the founding factors of Boko. He is an Islamic fanatic who even as Head of State in a secular Nigeria never hesitated to show his disdain and intolerance towards other religions. FYI, he even considers that his running mate an unclean being who is merely a means to an end.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Mclement: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
this buhari man should not be allowed near aso rock. in fact, all former military dictators should be in jail for raping this country
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by waternogeteneny: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
berem:
My support for Buhari still stands. No going back sunny. cheesy

Ok GEJ no be Rochas abi? Will u vote 4 Obiano, Obi or Chime against Buhari?
Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by lordTK(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mallam Buhari is hell bent on Islamizing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by nigerianvenom(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
This is for those who are trying to rewrite history.

cc: tobechi74 babyosisi Biafranqueen, tomakint,iamodenigbo1, gramci, stebell, meforyou1, datolee, ichidodo, iconize, aljharem, Truckpusher, Phockphockman, Juliaan, brokenTV, aryzgreat, shizzle11, chukwudi44, longeria, Idumuose, Papabrowne, taharqa, LeOstrich, mogidi, Descartes, collynzo9, pointB, Sincere9gerian, arysexy asadike,ogologodimkpa,nwafuluozoh,customized13,sincerenigerian
BlackTechnology, anonimi, PhockPhockMan, KwoiZabo, nigerianvenom, ichidodo, biafranqueen, iamodenigbo, Firefire, Descartes, Mogidi,
Tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, , datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, Longeria, jmaine sunnybobo3, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, juliann, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, blacktechnology, obinoscopy, mukina2 seun temitemi1 ceo4eva, barcanista, berem, ilugunboy,

one thing about buhari is that he easily forget his past and Also forgot that his evil past are well recorded

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) by Samunique(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
Let me advice the pro-PDP, the only way to nail Buhari is by drinking poison. Buhari is as clean as a slate! You can't rope him with propaganda
Buhari is as clean as a slate ? U must be kiddy, and under some serious buharinistc spell!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m An Ogboni Chief, Says Guru Maharaj Ji / Zahra And Yusuf Buhari Stuns As They Walk Hand In Hand / Emulating The Unity Of The Northerners - My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.