Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC (34804 Views)

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration / NCCF Family House Demolished In Zamfara / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Bsc(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
Na jew men dey stay there. For ma area na trouser u must wear sleep. No boxer allowed ...even if u one go bathe na trouser u go wear go....2ndly what if family huz is far from ur PPA.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
I also stayed in a family house. It was a great experience. Family House will break you, mould you only and only if you accept it with humility. Seriously, there were plenty rules but I tell you every organized society needs rules.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
ended NYSC june 2012 and the moments I still cherish till today are the moments I had in the Family house. if asked to serve a second time I'll be staying in the family house, nothing compares to it. The friends, exposure, tins i learnt cant be bought with money. Still miss the moments I had, cant relive them and will always treasure them. kw o/a

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by abysirius(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
I concur that it wasn't easy staying in a family house
I concur that at one point or the other 1 would be tempted to leave
I concur that having things done at ur own time and especially living the way u would want may be an issue there
But I also concur that if I didn't stay I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. NCCF Aba Lovezone 2010/2011

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by chykmoni(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
The three months that i stayed there wasn't funny at all. i don't even pray to spend even one night till i finish my service year. we came out frm d orientation camp and entered another "worst" camp
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
Last night I took a trip down memory lane. I couldn’t help but smile at my experience: the good, bad, ugly and dirty! I’m not much of a writer, but somehow I just wish I can pen down everything in details.

Last time I checked, it’s almost two (2) weeks to sum it up to year I had my POP. I decided to share a few reasons for prospective corps members who haven’t made up their minds about accommodation ish, and why you should consider staying in family house. Mind you, there are stringent rules to be obeyed, but then I kinda feel the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages for a corper relying on your allowee.

Coming from someone who stayed both in the family house and corper’s lodge for a reasonable length of time, I see the following reasons as advantages one can benefit from.

(1) SPIRITUAL GROWTH: For a graduate with Christian upbringing and who honestly wants to live a Christ-like life, the family house is the best place you can think of. Prayers and worship are usually not less than twice in a day.

(2) LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: As a member of family house, you may be elected for various offices such as the President, Vice President, Secretary-General, PRO, Treasurer etc. You stand to gain a whole lot from such leadership pedestal. Such leadership positions can be written on your CV and the activities involved could be referenced during behavioural interviews.
In addition, all the CLO during my service year were staying in the family house.

(3) FIRST-HAND INFORMATION: This is sequel to point (2) above. The CLO is a corps liaison officer. Information on clearance, POP date & venue, NYSC-related matters, etc passes from the CLO to the immediate occupants of the family house before it gets to the ‘Ordinary Corper’ in the same village/town.

(4) SAFETY: Family houses are safe to a reasonable extent. There are rules to be kept to ensure everyone’s safety.

(5) CULINARY AND HANDCRAFT SKILLS: This is where we know the potential wife materials, lol. There are ladies on the cooking roster that you just wish they could be made to cook every day! They cook so well that you can’t help but beg for more. On the other hand, there are names you see on duty and be like ‘’guy, make I reach Express chop, na Princess dey kitchen today o!
The good thing is you will be made jest of, but in the long run, you must learn. Also, anyone who is eager to learn bead making, wire works, and all that ish is opportune to learn, most times for free!

(6) HAVEN FOR NURSING MOTHERS: There are willing corpers who would happily babysit your cute baby while you sleep, wash or go out.

(7) RELATIVELY CHEAP: With monthly subscription fee ranging from N4,000 to N6,000, depending on your location, you are guaranteed a decent two-square meal and a place to sleep. Just move in with your clothes, toiletries, laptop, etc. You need not bother about buying pots, stove, palm oil, and general foodstuff. Just subscribe and enjoy. You can get your personal provisions though.

(cool REFERRALS: Staying in family house means you’ll be present in church often and also join the youths in various activities. You get to be seen by people and trust me, you never can tell who’s WHO amongst the congregation.

(9) YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE: This is self-explanatory, wherever you wanna go, even if it’s just a casual stroll, there’s always someone interested in same thing. Just make sure if you are a guy, you don’t always hang out with a particular girl, cos everyone will assume you two are dating. Bottom line is wonderful friendship is established there.
There are entertainment gadgets like TV, DVD, GoTV or games to add fun to your stay.

(10) POST-NYSC: You could always show up at the family house even after POP. Maybe you need a place to stay for that important interview or aptitude test, you don’t have to feel stranded.

Wait you forgot to add the most important, free food

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by yokiti: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
otolandis:
In ♍ƺ LGA d three fellowships(nccf,nacc nd mcan)shared dsame lodge,nd we lived in unity.I was d MD of nccf shop then nd ♍ƺ best friend was d mcan papa while d nacc papa nd uncle were ♍ƺ nigas dat we run tins 2geda.I rep nccf brass LGA zone bayelsa state(by12c)tell me do you love dis family?.....
I loooove this family of God
tell me how close?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by ekiyor3: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
Though i didn't stay in the Redeemed family house in Kaduna full time, but i usually visite them during holiday. The good thing we guys enjoy from those girls who doesn't know how to cook is that, that day we go chop tire because many pple no go chop her food.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
LOL... Nice thread. I stayed in NCCF family house for more than a month, when I couldn't cope with the rules and food eating pattern (I like to eat anytime I like and eat what I like) I moved into my own personal place. I still go there to worship and participate in activities tho.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Zohan:

God bless you. I'd be among the May Batch this year.
Bless you too bro.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
Bsc:
Na jew men dey stay there. For ma area na trouser u must wear sleep. No boxer allowed ...even if u one go bathe na trouser u go wear go....2ndly what if family huz is far from ur PPA.
Jew guys? Lol u dunno what's up. Gist with some guys there u'll know. Mind u, we all have different reasons staying there. There's always a way if ur ppa is far frm the house.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by jydor4real94(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nice place to be RCCF, I only spent a nte der, though I sti go der, especially wen sister...........is in d kitchen, d sister is from Cross river, dis sister can cook...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
Wat crappy talk, what's 2 square meal? Lyk seriously? Ok o some people value only 2 square meal a day, no wahala. What about the fact that u can't go 2 d bathroom in ur towel only which means u av 2 dress 2 d bathroom and dress out of the bathroom. So tell me wats special in the family house o? What happend to having ur own space and comfort?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
chykmoni:
The three months that i stayed there wasn't funny at all. i don't even pray to spend even one night till i finish my service year. we came out frm d orientation camp and entered another "worst" camp
Lol family house na labour camp!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
lalasticlala:
XtraSmooth404 I had expected u to have defined the term 'family house' Bcs lay man may think u are talking about ones parents house. Except for those of us that had passed through the Nysc system, that would understand..
Just saw this. Fixed already cool
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
bellychiz:

you like food sha grin But it's not totally free, you know.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

you like food sha grin But it's not totally free, you know.

For where mine was free all the way and I was even collecting chop money when going to work grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by macuwon(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
well... i spent only 2hours at the family house... nice concept! but definitely not for the GOOD guys like me! mehn I love freedom and variety.. slept in a hotel the first night.. slept in my new accommodation the next day.. but I miss the eba i ate at family house sha..
i go to visit them once in a while! dem dey try ah swear! the rules no b here o!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Leyqute(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
Samguine:
My PPA is a little bit far from the NCCF family Lodge here, so I didn't stay at the family lodge initially until l was made the Papa smiley. Now I'm shuffling between my apartment and the family house till I move in fully.

The family house is a place to be. The fellowship, friendships, oneness etc. People complain about the rules but I see nothing wrong with them. Being a christian setting, some forms of orderliness are meant to be put in place. If you are not interested, don't stay. It's as simple as that.

Paposhe, Uncle dey hail you grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Leyqute(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
bellychiz:

c ur eye cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Leyqute:

c ur eye cheesy

Heheheheh
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Eljay24(m): 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nysc be like waste of time. .. After it some peeps out there still looking for Job !!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
bellychiz:

For where mine was free all the way and I was even collecting chop money when going to work grin
oh! Really? shocked I think you're misunderstanding the ''family house'' I meant here grin
Check FTC post, I just modified it now.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Eljay24:
Nysc be like waste of time. .. After it some peeps out there still looking for Job !!
I agree, I even wish it will be scrapped. I thank God I ain't looking for a job, I'm only watching out for a better place with cool pay.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by CoCoLav(f): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
Threads like this make me feel like I'm not serving cry angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by ojun50(m): 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
Reason y i we nt want to say in family.

1. U don't get to eat the best food.. Most of the girls u see in the family house don't knw hw to cook mostly yoruba girls.

2. Too much of payment.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
He didn't defined it and u moved the tread to FP
Bros, no be fight na, haba cool
Fellowship
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by AriDsexy(f): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
NnamdiN:
was on a Sunday. I go high with some other "rebels".

I'm a first child, not used to taking orders especially when I know we're "mates" cheesy

Let me come in here

There were so many people like u in d FH but learnt how to adjust.

The reason for mama nd papa in FH is d reason why we have MD's nd manager in companies so that people can follow instructions not because u'r age mates but because the're superior.

I never thought I could even stay a week in d FH but learnt how to deal with so many people,cos it was fun just like d op has said,I had a house but refused to leave...Different people from different background

Wonderful experience.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Luzehray(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
Family house, relative house ni
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Luzehray(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
Family house ko, relative house ni
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Eljay24:
after serving God and naija for one fruitful year, i can boldly say to you that NYSC is not a waste of time. May be it is to you bt not to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Corper Proposes To Fellow Corper: In The Spirit Of Val (Pics) / Corps Members On A Fun Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch **PICTURES** / We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.