Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Suswam Blames FG For Inability To Pay Workers’ Six Months Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suswam Blames FG For Inability To Pay Workers’ Six Months Salaries (556 Views)

Buhari Urges Governors To Pay Workers’ Salaries From Debt Refunds / We Can No Longer Pay Workers Salaries Because Of Niger Delta Avengers -Okowa / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suswam Blames FG For Inability To Pay Workers’ Six Months Salaries by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Gabriel Suswam, the governor of Benue state, has denied embezzling the salaries of his workers, instead blaming the five-month payment delay on the federal government. He said Benue was receiving poor budgetary allocations from the government at the centre and that a loan of N200 million would be needed in addition to the state allocation before salaries could be paid. Suswam was speaking on Monday during the inauguration of the renovated Kwande local government education authority building in Kwande local government area of the state. “I do not embezzle workers salaries. How can I embezzle your salaries after increasing it even when you did not ask for increment,” he said. “What Benue receives monthly from the federation account is published in the national dailies by the federal government for clarification. “I am not taking any kobo from workers salaries in the state. You are suffering and there is no way I will tamper with your monthly entitlements. Don’t forget that I implemented the 27 per cent salary increment demand by teachers.” Explaining that the falling price of oil in the international market was responsible for the poor budgetary allocation, Suswam said that he was left with no option than to borrow to offset outstanding salaries. The state government has not paid the salaries of teachers for five months and other workers are also being owed two to three months salaries.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/fg-responsible-inability-pay-benue-workers-says-suswam | TheCable

http://benue.com.ng/suswam-blames-federal-government-for-inability-to-pay-workers-salaries/
Re: Suswam Blames FG For Inability To Pay Workers’ Six Months Salaries by smicc: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is a great lesson to all nigerians that desire change. Cast your vote and protect it period. Benue could not protect her votes! See d aftermath.
Re: Suswam Blames FG For Inability To Pay Workers’ Six Months Salaries by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . . . .issue based campaign, civil servants in Benue haven't been paid for 5 months, the PDP governor has removed himself from blame and placed it at the hands of the PDP led federal government . . . . . . . . . . .Jonathan please explain, why does Suswam need to borrow 200million to pay civil servants? remember Suswam contributed 50 million to the 1.050billion the PDP governors donated to the jonathan campaign. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Suswam has been owing state workers long before the oil crisis started.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anoda Online Voting Site...buhari Leading Again / If Jonathan And Buhari Were Bank? / Nigerian Army Storm Sambisa Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.