Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

"We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola (42660 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Has Finally Landed !!! / Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress / EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

Oh! My my shocked
Now it isn't lack of FG support, now it is actually the FG denying the SG space and right of way
You're not actually talking about the ido line to ogun state are you? I thought this was the LAGOS STATE light metro project, not the Inter state light metro project? , so tell me, does the FG's refusal in anyway hinder the laying down of rail tracks from say mile2 to okokomaiko? Or do you need a map of lagos state? But don't mind me, afterall, what do I know? It must be my shallow reasoning.........not everybody can "deep reason" lies and half-truths like you and the APC you know undecided

Stop sticking your nose into what you know nothing about. Seek some knowledge about the project before commenting..

You are at least smart enough to recognize your own shallow reasoning...
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by olas24u(f): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

Yes, go back and read what you posted, you denied the FG being party to the loan (it was locally obtained) and recognised the FG's role (in your words "support" ) in obtaining same loan (because foreign loans are cheaper) all in the same sentence undecided

Gerritt?

If you go abroad to borrow money ,you dont borrow as a state but as a country .Is that not true
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
aresa:

Stop sticking your nose into what you know nothing about. Seek some knowledge about the project before commenting..

You are at least smart enough to recognize your own shallow reasoning...
Good for you Mr. Encyclopedia-know-abso-effing-lutely-nothing-whatsoever you still didn't answer my question, HOW DOES THE FG DENYING THE SG ACCESS TO THE IDO LINE AFFECT TRACK LAYING BETWEEN MILE2 AND OKOKOMAIKO?
It seems sacarsm is foreign to your reasoning process grin but that doesn't matter.
If deep reasoning is being like you undecided its shallow reasoning all the way for me because I actually pity, not envy you.
Plus I'll stick my nose wherever I want, I actually am a bigger stake holder in this than you are.............until you prove me wrong on that account anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
olas24u:

If you go abroad to borrow money ,you dont borrow as a state but as a country .Is that not true

True, then back to your statement on the loans being local in origin.............care to elucidate?

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

Good for you Mr. Encyclopedia-know-abso-effing-lutely-nothing-whatsoever you still didn't answer my question, HOW DOES THE FG DENYING THE SG ACCESS TO THE IDO LINE AFFECT TRACK LAYING BETWEEN MILE2 AND OKOKOMAIKO?
It seems sacarsm is foreign to your reasoning process grin but that doesn't matter.
If deep reasoning is being like you undecided its shallow reasoning all the way for me because I actually pity, not envy you.
Plus I'll stick my nose wherever I want, I actually am a bigger stake holder in this than you are.............until you prove me wrong on that account anyway

Who told you anything is preventing the project from going on in other places? Is this the discussion and even last time I checked, work is going on in phases with one contractor finishing off for another to step in and do theirs.

This is a red line and blue line project and it can not be completed without constructing both lines.

Contracts have been awarded for all the phases except the red line the FG is denying access to..

Again, keep quiet and educate yourself before opening your mouth..

As the resident Metro rail construction engeneere and contractor on NL, please tell us the time frame or the length of time required t construct a 26 mile metro rail system with 10 lane construction including BRT access, rail stations, overhead bridges, a metro rail bridge over the lagoon from iganmu to marina. Please give us a step by step analysis time wise.

You did good by admitting your ignorance earlier and you need to keep doing that.
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by gunuvi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

My brother why still waste your time with die hard fools? Pls leave them to their shame and woes and focus on better things. They can never be changed of their foolishness. My 50 cents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by olas24u(f): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

True, then back to your statement on the loans being local in origin.............care to elucidate?

When banks borrow you the money ,or individuals and some times third parties who get money at cheap rates and then lend it to states government,they are all still domestic debts.Foreign money comes in single digits as low as 4% while you cannot get 4% locally .That was what i meant .And they borrow in the name of Nigeria not state
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
olas24u:

When banks borrow you the money ,or individuals and some times third parties who get money at cheap rates and then lend it to states government,they are all still domestic debts.Foreign money comes in single digits as low as 4% while you cannot get 4% locally .That was what i meant .And they borrow in the name of Nigeria not state

We know he sourced $242 through the FG, how much did he source locally and how much has the project cost so far?
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by olas24u(f): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

We know he sourced $242 through the FG, how much did he source locally and how much has the project cost so far?

But you write as if lagos is being dashed the money .I dont know the details of the funding of the project ,but federal government did not dash lagos the money and the road is also a federal road so you will need to partner to do projects on it.Lagos can easily pay back the money with ease .because its a viable state.The project is ongoing and not a failed project
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by olas24u(f): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

with fluctuating exchange rates and tariffs by the government of Good luck , its affects the cost and planning and they may adjust the plan due to exchange fluctuation that will be used to buy input to complete the projects.so the value of 242 dollars 6 years ago is different from its value today.Unless the incentives include waivers on imported items for the project.
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
aresa:

Who told you anything is preventing the project from going on in other places? Is this the discussion and even last time I checked, work is going on in phases with one contractor finishing off for another to step in and do theirs.

This is a red line and blue line project and it can not be completed without constructing both lines.

Contracts have been awarded for all the phases except the red line the FG is denying access to..

Again, keep quiet and educate yourself before opening your mouth..

As the resident Metro rail construction engeneere and contractor on NL, please tell us the time frame or the length of time required t construct a 26 mile metro rail system with 10 lane construction including BRT access, rail stations, overhead bridges, a metro rail bridge over the lagoon from iganmu to marina. Please give us a step by step analysis time wise.

You did good by admitting your ignorance earlier and you need to keep doing that.

Blah Blah Blah balderdash!!!
This first phase is supposed to end @ okokomaiko and that was supposed to have been done by june 2013............fast forward to the present, those rail tracks between Mile2 and okokomaiko don't exist yet, excuses for their not existing exist now, and your addition to this litany of excuses just doesn't fly
I never claimed to being the expert or resident engineer here, if anything, you did, I'm just pointing out the fact that typical of a Nigerian politician, Fashola made promises, promises he hasn't been able to keep after eight years, yet APC supporters excuse him for this, afterall it can't be his fault can it, yet a little over five years after taking office, no APC supporter wants to cut Jonathan any slack so tell me, is this double standards or plain old hypocrisy?
Now fashola fails and you want to get all technical and analytic which makes you sound infact like a Jonathan supporter while me on the other hand, I'm doing my best APC supporter "black or white no gray (done or not done no in progress)" standup role, how does it look like on the other side? grin what does it feel like being on the defensive? cheesy I can tell you, the air smells sweeter and the weather cooler on this side wink
Plus, for all your claims to an uber education, you just always succeed in coming of monotonous and repetitive...........way to go "not-einstein"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
[s]
BraniacX:

Blah Blah Blah balderdash!!!
This first phase is supposed to end @ okokomaiko and that was supposed to have been done by june 2013............fast forward to the present, those rail tracks between Mile2 and okokomaiko don't exist yet, excuses for their not existing exist now, and your addition to this litany of excuses just doesn't fly
I never claimed to being the expert or resident engineer here, if anything, you did, I'm just pointing out the fact that typical of a Nigerian politician, Fashola made promises, promises he hasn't been able to keep after eight years, yet APC supporters excuse him for this, afterall it can't be his fault can it, yet a little over five years after taking office, no APC supporter wants to cut Jonathan any slack so tell me, is this double standards or plain old hypocrisy?
Now fashola fails and you want to get all technical and analytic which makes you sound infact like a Jonathan supporter while me on the other hand, I'm doing my best APC supporter "black or white no gray (done or not done no in progress)" standup role, how does it look like on the other side? grin what does it feel like being on the defensive? cheesy I can tell you, the air smells sweeter and the weather cooler on this side wink
Plus, for all your claims to an uber education, you just always succeed in coming of monotonous and repetitive...........way to go "not-einstein"
[/s]

Do that or kindly STFU...
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
APC rats trying to excuse the massive failure and incompetence of their paymaster. That is what Nigerians should expect should they by mistake elect Buhari as president. Excuses, excuses, excuses!

3 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by rozayx5(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Do that or kindly STFU...

20 years undecided
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
aresa:

[s]As the resident Metro rail construction engeneere and contractor on NL, please tell us the time frame or the length of time required t construct a 26 mile metro rail system with 10 lane construction including BRT access, rail stations, overhead bridges, a metro rail bridge over the lagoon from iganmu to marina. Please give us a step by step analysis time wise.

Do that or kindly STFU...[/s]

Ooooh! It hurts doesn't it?
True to my devils advocate part role.....

Almost 2years post june 2013

IS THE LAGOS LIGHT METRO NETWORK COMPLETE OR NOT?

Kindly SHUT YOUR EXCUSE FOR A BUCCAL CAVITY UP

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
olas24u:

But you write as if lagos is being dashed the money .I dont know the details of the funding of the project ,but federal government did not dash lagos the money and the road is also a federal road so you will need to partner to do projects on it.Lagos can easily pay back the money with ease .because its a viable state.The project is ongoing and not a failed project

And I never said or implied the FG "dashed" lagos the money but I reminded you that this "non-supportive FG" according to fashola, is the sole guarantor of these foreign loans without whom those loans won't exist in the first place meaning, when the creditors come to collect, they'll be knocking on ASO rock's gate not govt house Alausa. And they are prepared to facilitate more credit for the lagos state govt. Going back to fashola's accusation, how is the FG not helping?
Remember there was once another FG vs SG scenario in 1984 btw Buhari and Jakande now extrapolate it to this situation and context and kindly redefine what it means to have an unhelpful FG.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
olas24u:

with fluctuating exchange rates and tariffs by the government of Good luck , its affects the cost and planning and they may adjust the plan due to exchange fluctuation that will be used to buy input to complete the projects. so the value of 242 dollars 6 years ago is different from its value today.Unless the incentives include waivers on imported items for the project.

True True and True except the bolded, if this can be true for projects piloted by APC's fashola and Lagos state, why should it be less so for PDP's Jonathan and Nigeria, why the double standards in promises and expectations?
@ the bolded, when have exchange rates never not fluctuated? Is the exchange rate now being determined by the presidency or by market forces?
Tarriffs on what materials and why, the lagos light metrol project is not the crux or sum total of our economic and infrastructural policies you know.

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
aresa:

Stop confusing yourself with some irrelevant news...

This is not the FG doing the Lagos state any favors because it's the FG's constitutional responsibility to approve loans request from private lenders which the government of the great state of Lagos have to pay back and never the FG or the people of Anambra, Taraba, Kongi or Maiduguri. This is not any favor, they are obligated to do this under the Nigerian constitution or be forced to do it by the courts..

The FG is still deducting money for Lagos state's AES IPP that's still supplying Nigeria with electricity even though the same FG sabotaged the efforts of the Lagos state government to consume every MW of electricity from the power project same way they are sabotaging the Lagos metro rail poject by denying access to construct the red live from iddo to Ogun state.

Approving loans that they are not going to pay for as part of their constitutional obligations and actually denying them needed space to construct the same metro rail they approve loans are all different things.

Come back with another rubbish when they yield that corridor and allow the government of Lagos state to complete the project.

Yaradua did everything in his power to make sure the best bridge in Nigeria get built by not only giving necessary approval and support, but also destroying FG buildings standing on the way. That was a very honorable and patriotic thing to do regardless of politics, but the clowns we have in Abuja today are a bunch of clueless, petty, vindictive, shortsighted and unpatriotic bunch....

what's this one saying.. so many paragraph..yet you didn't make sense...which right of way. despicable you....tsk tsk tsk....fashola should 've checked before giving assurance dat the project will be completed....he totally failed in this one. just like the twenty lane badagry expressway..
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by rozayx5(m): 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
patmaine:

what's this one saying.. so many paragraph..yet you didn't make sense...which right of way. despicable you....tsk tsk tsk....fashola should 've checked before giving assurance dat the project will be completed....he totally failed in this one. just like the twenty lane badagry expressway..

he has already been taken to the cleaners in this thread, he is just trying to get attention, cunning APC goons like omenka and co ran when they could
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Babysho(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
anonimi:

Did you say street lights all over Lagos state
Perhaps Lagos Island is no longer part of the state =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973895_img2014122603236_jpeg485d075040f712b8f8307d1975273b07

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973905_img2014122603242_jpeg1aeef009b62751d4b69a0003b529e03c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973906_img2014122603243_jpeg7938cd7d76e2bf011d257d01242cd040

Vote wisely!!!

alright..but do not call him a theif...he might nt be all dat competent..but fashola doesnt loot..he doesnt even have power in d govt anymore sef..d man undastands what governin is and e couldnt get help frm d central govtmnt causin his incompetence....becomin a President or Governor isnt becomin a god..its jus a job...i'd vote 4 him again if it were possible..
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by omenka(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
rozayx5:

he has already been taken to the cleaners in this thread, he is just trying to get attention, cunning APC goons like omenka and co ran when they could
Don't you folks have better things to do on a friday night
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Babysho(m): 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
patmaine:

See,even Fashola didnt think it wouldnt be completed...as a leader you gotta give the people a touch of hope..but when Jona didnt approve of Lagos financial needs..there is nothing Fash can do nah..i heard Fash had to borrow frm 1 foreign bank or so for Lagos..what Jona did.am guessin is d reasn why Fashola is against him and sayin..Jonathan didnt functn properly as a President..
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
arresa:

Igr or no Igr, yearly budget is what states have to work with and in the last few years, akpabio passed larger budgets than Lagos state by nothing less than N100 billion more and you can not show me what he did with that money apart from the few roads in uyo. You can not show me 4 completed projects...

wat an ignorant fellow....you say this because you 've never been to akwaibom state...when it comes to road construction leave it for akpabio. I spent a week at uyo...2014=... have you been thr....

abi u dey ogbomoso see am....travel and see. bro..
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Oluwaseun929(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2015
arresa:

Very exciting to see very functional and productive state institutions branching out and creating sub institutions needed to educate and grow critical technical workforce and manpower to move the state forward.

Eko o ni baje o...
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 31, 2015
Babysho:

See,even Fashola didnt think it wouldnt be completed...as a leader you gotta give the people a touch of hope..but when Jona didnt approve of Lagos financial needs..there is nothing Fash can do nah..i heard Fash had to borrow frm 1 foreign bank or so for Lagos..what Jona did.am guessin is d reasn why Fashola is against him and sayin..Jonathan didnt functn properly as a President..

babysho. did u not read through posts here. abi u chose not to see d punch newspaper link dat confirmed d fg approved loan for dis project.

Ok read it..

The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved a sovereign
warranty for two separate loans totaling $242.2m (about N40bn)
from the International Development Association for Lagos State.
The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku; the Minister of the
Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed and the Minister
of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, briefed State House
correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over by
President Goodluck Jonathan.
Maku said while a loan of $200m was approved to support
infrastructure in the state, additional loan of $42.2m would be in
support of secondary education.
He said the loans were the second phase of a $600m facility
approved for the state by the IDA in 2010.
The state had in 2011 benefited from $200m loans under the first
phase.
The minister said, “The Minister of Finance brought a memorandum
seeking approval to obtain additional credit facility from the
International Development Association in support of the Second
Lagos State Development Policy Operation.
“The objective of the project is to improve on public finance in a
sustainable manner and consolidate on the achievements recorded
under the first phase of the project.
“The project covers the construction of a 27km light rail,
construction of schools and the construction of Adiyan mini
waterworks to provide two million gallons of water per day.”
Maku added that the council also approved that the ministry should
obtain an IDA credit in the sum of $42.3m as additional financing
for the Lagos-Epe Secondary Education Project.
He said the loans would attract 0.5 per cent commitment charge,
0.75 per cent service charge and 1.25 per cent interest per annum.
The minister added that the loan expected to be paid back in 25
years had a moratorium of five years.
The FCT minister said the council also approved the award of a
contract for the operation, maintenance and staff training for Wupa
Basin Sewage Treatment Plant in Abuja.
The contract, he said, was awarded to Messrs SCC (Nigeria Limited)
in the sum of N2.6bn with a completion period of 20 months.
He explained that the training component in the previous
maintenance contracts had offered opportunity for 22 members of
staff of the FCT Abuja Environmental Protection Board, including
engineers, scientists, technologists and technicians to acquire skills
and experience in the operation and maintenance of sewage
treatment plant.
Muhammed explained that there was a budgetary provision in the
2013 FCT budget to fund the project.
Also, the Minister of Transport said the council approved the
commissioning of consultancy services for the Shore Protection
and Rehabilitation of Escravos Breakwaters and Greenfield Port
Development at Ogidingbe, Delta State, for the Nigerian Ports
Authority.
He said the contract was awarded to Messrs Royal Haskoninb DHV
in the sum of N722.29m and €2.05m inclusive of all taxes with the
latter payable at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of
payment.
He said the consultancy services for the project which had a
completion period of eight months was in line with government’s
desire to restore the structural stability of the Escravos Breakwaters
constructed in the 1950s and develop a new port as well as build
central processing centres for the fertilizer and petrochemical plants
with the infrastructural development to support the gas-to-energy
revolution in the Ogidingbe area.
“The project upon completion will generate a total of 1,700 job
opportunities for professionals and non-professionals during the
planning and construction of the Escravos Port and related
industrial development, breakwater and dredging operations while
10,000 jobs will be created during the operations phase on an
annual basis for professionals and non-professionals,” Umar said.
Copyright PUNCH. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital
content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast,
rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written
permission from PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-approves-242-2m-ida-loans-for-lagos/
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Turbocharged: 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
awodman:
Fashola of late has been making idiotic statements & embarrassing himself...His very poor at this propaganda business

Fashola says FG is stifling the Lagos Light Rail..Same FG that has graciously approved loans meant for this project?

www.punchng.com/news/fg-approves-242-2m-ida-loans-for-lagos/

They used the loan to float and finance a new GANG called APC.
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by dridowu: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2015
waternogeteneny:
A white elephant project Thief-nubu boy used to empty Lagos treasury. Like father like son. Fashola and Tinubu are thieves!

Agbaje till 2023
Agbaje till when bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Picture Of Ilorin-jebba-mokwa Road Completed By Pmb / My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison / NLC Locks Down Abuja Airport, Many Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.