Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

"We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola (42667 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Has Finally Landed !!! / Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress / EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by omenka(m): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2015
samplegirl:

@Omenka let me first of all thank you for honouring my request for links about the second niger bridge and the statement made by GEJ.

I must say that it did not take me up to 20 minutes to find out where you missed the point. The highlighted above in red is what you claim he said but the link you gave is saying a different thing sir. I understand your problem here is simple comprehension which make so many students to fail exams.

Go back to you link, you will find out that what he said was that he will go on exile if he fails to build the second niger bridge before the completion of his term in 2015 and today work is going on and he has not completed his tenure. Let us play this politics with truth and clean heart. Or can you show me where he used the word completed by 2015? These are little details that make students fail exams although in your own case you are approaching the whole thing with biased mind which is not good.

The issue of Second Niger Bridge
naturally came up during the Town Hall
Meeting since Jonathan had during his
campaigns for the 2011 presidential
ballot promised to construct the bridge if
elected President.
Experts have warned
that the existing bridge constructed in
1965 may collapse any time in view of the
heavy traffic.

Speaking yesterday at the Town Hall
Meeting, the Nigerian leader said that
“when the first bridge was built, it was
during the presidency of Nnamdi Azikiwe;
the second Niger bridge will be built
under the presidency of Azikiwe
Jonathan.” To further reassure the
people, the President said he would go on
exile on the completion of his term if he
does not build the bridge.
So according to you who has no comprehension problems, the president, having promised to construct the bridge during his campaign in 2011 was referring his second term when he said he would go on exile if he doesn't complete the bridge before the termination of his tenure. That is, he was talking about completing it in 2019! So in essence, he was talking about using 8years to build a bridge in 2011 when he promised the people of the SE a second Niger Bridge!!

Can you see how intelligent you are and what fabulous comprehension skills you have??

Have a nice day.
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2015
ALAYORMII:
He's making sense.

If GEJ promised us so many things and he's yet to do them and he's asking for another four years to do what he didn't do in six years then I see no reason why you should castigate someone who at least started something but couldn't finish and he gave reasonable reasons why he can't finish it.

Alayormii

Oh! shocked if he succeeds, he and the APC gets the credits, if he fails, the FG is to blame,,,,,, right undecided

I wonder why buhari should be voted in on account of this? Or is buhari now pro-lagos light rail project? I thought he for no logical reason whatsoever cancelled it the first time and imprisoned governor jakande for being pro-lagos and pro-development? Oh! Sorry, that must be another buhari grin I mix them up a lot
No wonder a certain presidential candidate is avoiding a certain presidential debate because many uncomfortable questions will definitely be asked wink

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2015
awodman:
Fashola of late has been making idiotic statements & embarrassing himself...His very poor at this propaganda business

Fashola says FG is stifling the Lagos Light Rail..Same FG that has graciously approved loans meant for this project?

www.punchng.com/news/fg-approves-242-2m-ida-loans-for-lagos/

Yeh! shocked thank GOD for people who take pains to dig facts out like you or we would have bought Fashola the APC-thief's lies hook, line and sinker.
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
omenka:
Just look at the vitriol oozing out his gub, yet these are the same people calling for "a younger Fashola instead of grandpa Buhari". One can only imagine the things they would have said about the governor had he emerged the flag bearer of APC.

Degenerate hypocrites.

Yes we did and still are, both have been weighed, measured and found wanting which is typical of all Nigerian politicians (non-excluded) only, we find them wanting to varying degrees take for example, Fashola started the light rail project, did not finish and is now giving excuses, Buhari cancelled similar project without any explanation leaving us to deduce probable reasons why and my favourite being tribalism which is very plausible so preferring Fashola to Buhari has not a single trace of hypocrisy in it, it is just common sense which going by your post must not be very common.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by cypriannwadukwe: 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
I understand where Fashola is coming from, a large project of that calibre cannot be easily completed without setbacks but I also find it funny that the President of Nigeria started a transformation project in Nigeria which has been running for 4 year and like Fashola, giant strides has been accomplished in sectors such as the Power sector, the agricultural sector, the transportation sector, from Northern Nigeria to Southern Nigeria, but unlike Fashola, his transformation agenda has suffered sabotage, war, serious opposition. Fashola's plea has gracefully been received by APC supporters even though he has been at the project for 8 years but the same APC supporter criticize GEJ for what he has not completed and do not give him any credit for what he has accomplished, even Fashola said that no government can complete all projects, Fashola has asked for Lagosians to vote Amosun for continuity, in the same vein Nigerians should vote Pesident Goodluck Jonathan for continuity so he can complete his transformation agenda. #GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by IGBOSON1: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
jmoore:
He should borrow money from Rotimi Amaechi.

^^^Or Tinubu......i'm sure he can spare a billion dollars or two! lipsrsealed
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
olas24u:

When the federal government withheld the funds for lagos because it was an opposition party state ,it helped lagos to look for alternatives and they generated internally funds over billions from millions before.Lagos and Rivers are the only viable states in Nigeria That can generate and pay salaries without federal government .Osun state is also coming up fast and in the future will generate more within.The federal government frustrated lagos power projects and starve lagos of electricity.

The loans that took the project this far were approved by this same Federal government einstein!!!! Look for another excuse or better yet look inward when looking for scapegoats to blame. Fashola and the APC's failures are theirs and theirs alone.
Spare us your typical APC ranting and bulk passing.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by jamesa934: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
cypriannwadukwe:
I understand where Fashola is coming from, a large project of that calibre cannot be easily completed without setbacks but I also find it funny that the President of Nigeria started a transformation project in Nigeria which has been running for 4 year and like Fashola, giant strides has been accomplished in sectors such as the Power sector, the agricultural sector, the transportation sector, from Northern Nigeria to Southern Nigeria, but unlike Fashola, his transformation agenda has suffered sabotage, war, serious opposition. Fashola's plea has gracefully been received by APC supporters even though he has been at the project for 8 years but the same APC supporter criticize GEJ for what he has not completed and do not give him any credit for what he has accomplished, even Fashola said that no government can complete all projects, Fashola has asked for Lagosians to vote Amosun for continuity, in the same vein Nigerians should vote Pesident Goodluck Jonathan for continuity so he can complete his transformation agenda. #GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u
cypriannwadukwe:
it is evident that the name Goodluck goes beyond just wishes, but also actualization and transformation of the nation to greater heights in the comity of nations.
#GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
NavierStokes:
Your celebrated APC navigator a.k.a General matthew Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo was the one whose administration spent $16 billion on power with nothing to show for it, international thief thief endorsing APC for change. Progressives indeed.

Are they not all pdp.? Abeg keep quiet jare
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by NavierStokes(m): 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Deny your navigator.

aresa:

Are they not all pdp.? Abeg keep quiet jare
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

The loans that took the project this far were approved by this same Federal government einstein!!!! Look for another excuse or better yet look inward when looking for scapegoats to blame. Fashola and the APC's failures are theirs and theirs alone.
Spare us your typical APC ranting and bulk passing.

Of what relevance is any loan if at the end of the day the same useless and unpatriotic Jonathan wont give you right off way or space to build and complete the project..?

Shallow reasoning i must say...
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by hawzardic: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lagos State is seen as one of Nigeria most trading state. a state were anything coming to this country from any means of transportation comes in .what am trying to say is that Lagos state Government can do that alone without extra hand involved . moreover this is our country we shouldn't put all aspect to the federal government we should be creative within the state. Fashola has spend 8years in that sit he cant tell me that he cant at least do something on his own because I no governor is not his last sit which I no he will still proceed to other post or office either senator ,minister or president. so it can serve as a well of your CV TO THOSE POST (PIS OF ADVICE)
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
NavierStokes:
Deny your navigator.

Back to sender...
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by hawzardic: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lagos State is seen as one of Nigeria most trading state. a state were anything coming to this country from any means of transportation comes in .what am trying to say is that Lagos state Government can do that alone without extra hand involved . moreover this is our country we shouldn't put all aspect to the federal government we should be creative within the state. Fashola has spend 8years in that sit he cant tell me that he cant at least do something on his own because I no governor is not his last sit which I no he will still proceed to other post or office either senator ,minister or president. so it can serve as a well of your CV TO THOSE POST (PIS OF ADVICE) #GEJ4naija ,#GEJ4NAIJA U
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
hawzardic:
Lagos State is seen as one of Nigeria most trading state. a state were anything coming to this country from any means of transportation comes in .what am trying to say is that Lagos state Government can do that alone without extra hand involved . moreover this is our country we shouldn't put all aspect to the federal government we should be creative within the state. Fashola has spend 8years in that sit he cant tell me that he cant at least do something on his own because I no governor is not his last sit which I no he will still proceed to other post or office either senator ,minister or president. so it can serve as a well of your CV TO THOSE POST (PIS OF ADVICE)

Lagos state can not finish the project without the fg releasing the iddo line for the red line to ogun state..

This is not all about money...
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by olas24u(f): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=BraniacX post=30270180]

Spare us your typical APC ranting and bulk passing.[

they are local debts with interest and lagos will pay back not the federal government.Borrowing from external sources are cheaper from borrowing locally ,so the federal government supports lagos when obtaining the loans
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by solomomo: 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
within 4years they has been rehabilitation in all the units in the Nigeria railway service
ph - enugu is up and running
minna -kaduna- zaria- kano is perfectly working
Its less than 3years and the Abuja - The Abuja-Kaduna inter-state railway project would be completed before the end of the month, the Minister of Transport, Idris Umar, said.
but fashiola cant complete a single unit in 8year.
please 9ja vote Gej 4 continuity.
vote PDP 4 continual.
#GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by lopdee: 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
please let us call a spade a spade,does it mean the light rail scheme was not budgeted for or not inclusive in various past budget of lagos state?instead of some of our leaders to concentrate on developing its states they now see GEJ who has produced 25 years strategic vision for dieing Nigeria railways,successfully completed the second phase of seafarers, development programme in the six geo political zones,rehabilitation of western railway corridor,lagos to Ibadan,to illorin to jebba to minna to kaduna to zaria to kano with branch line from zaria to kaura namoda also the rehabilitation of eastern railway corridor portharcourt -aba-umuahia-Enugu-makurdi-lafia-kuru-bauchi-gombe-maiduguri,with branch line from kafanchan-kaduna and kuru jos and alsp rehabilitation of apapa port railway network,also upgrading to maritime academy,oron to a maritime university,instead of kudos and encouragement be given to him people still find faults not considering the fact that this is the most distracted civilian government so far_please lets vote GEJ
#GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by dimgbaa: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
mr president has wonderful projects running,,just like fashola said continuity is the watch word....our president needs to complete the works he has started we don't need set backs at all...#GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by GoodluckLagos: 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
Garrithe1st:
Ambode will complete the project. At least Fashola started it and has made considerable progress so far. Show me any Pdp state government that has even attempted to carry out such an audacious project.

History will remember Fashola kindly as one who gave his best to Lagos.

#Ihavedecided

History should remember Fashola accurately as one who took as much as he could from Lagos, just as Tinubu did before him. They have grown wealthy off the hard work and sweat of Lagosians whilst giving nothing back. This project is just one civic failure amongst many. Meanwhile, the Eko Atlantic City Development continues at a pace - building new houses and malls which the average Lagosian is priced out of.

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by chidingozi191: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stand in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at moment of challenge and controversy.fashola may be right because life with challenge may be boring.The challenge he has as the governor of lagos state is the same everyother person in power faces.he has been in power for years now without completing these projects.so I think that everybody deserves a second chance.so lets give GEj a second chance.

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Babysho(m): 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
waternogeteneny:
A white elephant project Thief-nubu boy used to empty Lagos treasury. Like father like son. Fashola and Tinubu are thieves!

Agbaje till 2023

call Fashola anytin u wanna...but not a theif bro....Fashola is d only Politician i see in Nigeria...e provided street lights errwhere in Lagos...d BRT stuff...the buildings e built and set up for sale at cheap prices to d people...its not easy nah...u r complaining...have u ever paid your personal tax
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
arresa:

He asked the useless Abuja people a million times to yield for the red line, but the useless people refused to grant the right off way.

Rightfully said by the governor, governments all over the world support such projects with grants, loans and matching funds.

FG approves $242.2m IDA loans for Lagos
" The Minister of Finance brought a
memorandum seeking approval to obtain additional
credit facility from the International Development
Association in support of the Second Lagos State
Development Policy Operation.
“The objective of the project is to improve on public
finance in a sustainable manner and consolidate on
the achievements recorded under the first phase of
the project.
“The project covers the construction of a 27km light rail ,
construction of schools and the construction of
Adiyan mini waterworks to provide two million
gallons of water per day.

which other help abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by nwigwemark: 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
How will you finish the project when Tinubu is still there. Pls Oga Govnor, what happened to the billions of naira you borrowd?, what happened to the billions of naira you collected as tax?, so we should vote for Buhari to finish the project or cancel it as he did many years ago. I am sorry for you people

2 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by nellyjohn: 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
It's quit a big shame that a project u started since 2006 that's over 8yrs now u've not completed it. And now, u are blaming Fedral Govt for ur failure trying to use it as a strategy for people to Vote Buhari.
Now tell me how such an uneducated man with F9 know how 2 analyse budgets and allocate fund properly?
Anyway, GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by surofsu(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

Oh! shocked if he succeeds, he and the APC gets the credits, if he fails, the FG is to blame,,,,,, right undecided

I wonder why buhari should be voted in on account of this? Or is buhari now pro-lagos light rail project? I thought he for no logical reason whatsoever cancelled it the first time and imprisoned governor jakande for being pro-lagos and pro-development? Oh! Sorry, that must be another buhari grin I mix them up a lot
No wonder a certain presidential candidate is avoiding a certain presidential debate because many uncomfortable questions will definitely be asked wink
APC radicalising youths with lies since 2003, "no FG funds because we created LGAs", "no support because we are opposition", "lateef salami suspended because he's swearing us governors in". But a new low is "Agbaje shouldn't run because he owes land use charges", "Buhari can't resolve SSCE imbroglio (cos we should have gone to ask INEC ourselves)", "Buhari can't debate on BON/NTA (cos it's owned by FG)", "Buhari can't debate on AIT (cos it's owned by a pro PDP)", now it's "monorail cant be completed cos the FG hasn't supported it". This your whining doesn't demonstrate any competence at all though. #nodebatenovote

3 Likes

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by anonimi: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Babysho:
call Fashola anytin u wanna...but not a theif bro....Fashola is d only Politician i see in Nigeria...e provided street lights errwhere in Lagos...d BRT stuff...the buildings e built and set up for sale at cheap prices to d people...its not easy nah...u r complaining...have u ever paid your personal tax

Did you say street lights all over Lagos state
Perhaps Lagos Island is no longer part of the state =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973895_img2014122603236_jpeg485d075040f712b8f8307d1975273b07

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973905_img2014122603242_jpeg1aeef009b62751d4b69a0003b529e03c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973906_img2014122603243_jpeg7938cd7d76e2bf011d257d01242cd040

Vote wisely!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
aresa:

Of what relevance is any loan if at the end of the day the same useless and unpatriotic Jonathan wont give you right off way or space to build and complete the project..?

Shallow reasoning i must say...
Oh! My my shocked
Now it isn't lack of FG support, now it is actually the FG denying the SG space and right of way
You're not actually talking about the ido line to ogun state are you? I thought this was the LAGOS STATE light metro project, not the Inter state light metro project? , so tell me, does the FG's refusal in anyway hinder the laying down of rail tracks from say mile2 to okokomaiko? Or do you need a map of lagos state? But don't mind me, afterall, what do I know? It must be my shallow reasoning.........not everybody can "deep reason" lies and half-truths like you and the APC you know undecided

1 Like

Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=olas24u post=30270961][/quote]

You could contradict and confuse yourself with fewer words you know undecided ?
Just an observation cool
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by olas24u(f): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
BraniacX:

You could contradict and confuse yourself with fewer words you know undecided ?
Just an observation cool

Contradict? Confuse? few words?
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by aresa: 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
patmaine:

FG approves $242.2m IDA loans for Lagos
" The Minister of Finance brought a
memorandum seeking approval to obtain additional
credit facility from the International Development
Association in support of the Second Lagos State
Development Policy Operation.
“The objective of the project is to improve on public
finance in a sustainable manner and consolidate on
the achievements recorded under the first phase of
the project.
“The project covers the construction of a 27km light rail ,
construction of schools and the construction of
Adiyan mini waterworks to provide two million
gallons of water per day.

which other help abeg

Stop confusing yourself with some irrelevant news...

This is not the FG doing the Lagos state any favors because it's the FG's constitutional responsibility to approve loans request from private lenders which the government of the great state of Lagos have to pay back and never the FG or the people of Anambra, Taraba, Kongi or Maiduguri. This is not any favor, they are obligated to do this under the Nigerian constitution or be forced to do it by the courts..

The FG is still deducting money for Lagos state's AES IPP that's still supplying Nigeria with electricity even though the same FG sabotaged the efforts of the Lagos state government to consume every MW of electricity from the power project same way they are sabotaging the Lagos metro rail poject by denying access to construct the red live from iddo to Ogun state.

Approving loans that they are not going to pay for as part of their constitutional obligations and actually denying them needed space to construct the same metro rail they approve loans are all different things.

Come back with another rubbish when they yield that corridor and allow the government of Lagos state to complete the project.

Yaradua did everything in his power to make sure the best bridge in Nigeria get built by not only giving necessary approval and support, but also destroying FG buildings standing on the way. That was a very honorable and patriotic thing to do regardless of politics, but the clowns we have in Abuja today are a bunch of clueless, petty, vindictive, shortsighted and unpatriotic bunch....
Re: "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola by BraniacX(m): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
olas24u:

Contradict? Confuse? few words?
Yes, go back and read what you posted, you denied the FG being party to the loan (it was locally obtained) and recognised the FG's role (in your words "support" ) in obtaining same loan (because foreign loans are cheaper) all in the same sentence undecided

Gerritt?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.