Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:57 AM

Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? (4435 Views)

At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? / How Some Men Look After You Start Dating Them(photo) / Readers Respond:can You Marry Somone You Have Sex With On First Meeting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
My 12 year daughter recently informed me
that she likes a 14 yr old boy from her
school and the feeling is mutual from his
part. My daughter disclosed to me later on
that the boy asked her to be his “girlfriend”
and she accepted. My husband and I do not
agree with her decision only because we
feel that she is far too young to have a
boyfriend; however we sat down with
Kaylee and informed her that if she decided
to say yes to him then rules had to be
implemented 1. No holding hands,
2.NOOOO Kissing… the kissing part to my
husband and I, is very important only
because it starts with a kiss… We told Kaylee
these rules and the other day I was trying
to have a friendly conversation with my
daughter and I asked her about being
affectionate with “Kevin” and she informed
me that they hug and kiss on the cheek. So
I asked her is that all and she smiled and
said he kissed me on my lips…. I didn’t
react at that moment I just stared at her in
shock… I told her father and he said that he
was disapp
—Guest graceelu

The main point of NOT dating at a young
age is to protect their hearts. Many of you
who left comments are missing the whole
point of why you should not allow teens to
date. I am protecting my daughters hearts
so they won't continue to get broken after
each break up! I am also teaching my
children that dating and breaking up is NOT
normal, we just have made it normal in our
society. Dating is practicing divorce. If you
don't like something, you leave. We need to
teach our children to have committment. If
they are not ready for committment, then
they are not ready for dating. Teens should
be encouraged to go to college and get jobs
so that they can support their families and
then they have rights to date.
—Guest wendy

**please what's your opinion and do u support the two parents ideas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
I have 3 children. Two sons ages 19, 18 and
a daughter that is 12. There is a no dating
policy in our home. PERIOD. My boys went
through High School, sure with a few
crushes, but no girlfriends. Both want to
wait until marriage to have sex. My
daughter knows if their is a boy she is
interested in when she is 17, he can come
to dinner and church, that's it. Dating is
when you are looking for your spouse, the
one to spend your life with. You wouldn't
go to the grocery store and wheel a cart
around for 2 hours knowing you dont have
any money. Why start dating at a young age
and risk making a bad choice. Let them
make and learn from mistakes that won't
potentially leave permanent stamps on their
life and be there to redirect the ones that
do. Spend time w/ your kids, talk to them
when THEY need to talk and be open with
your expectations and why. I'm very
blessed to have such wonderful kids.
—KellyTBerry

1 Like

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
Simply put our duaghters have been raised
to know and understand that dating is not
marriage practice... dating or courting is an
act that you engage in when you share a
mutual feeling that you may want to spend
the rest of your life together. Adulthood in
modern society begins at 18 and one is not
granted all the full rights of an adult
american citizen until 21. Therefore, there is
no need for a child to consider dsting until
at least the age of 17. The minumum age a
child could get married without a parents
consent if the child lives in the home would
be 18. Dating is a part of thr marriage
courtship process. Not to be taken lightly.
—Guest Daddy

1 Like

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
Teen r not allow 2 date as our culture doesnt allow it but in d western world teen r allow 2 date d right tym 4 a teen 2 date i tink it should b age 20.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
I have a fourteen year old son and a fifteen
year old son. Both, in my opinion are old
enough for dating. People underestimate
the maturity of teens.
—Guest Douglas
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
Optional2:
really??dt's adult...dt sound long sumhw..is dt wen u started dating??
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
Be open about to your kids and let them
experiment. If you don't they will go behind
your back, but if you let them they will be
much more honest with you and trust your
opinion. I learned from experience, my
parents wouldn't let me date so snuck
around and went to parties and got
pregnant, now I'm open with my teen and
she's honest with me because I let her date
boys. She is 15. And I remember doing
those things as a teen just to spite my
parents. So please, just be open with them.
—Guest reality check

1 Like

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
really??dt's adult...dt sound long sumhw..is dt wen u started dating??
i started dating @18 but i dnt tink is d right age 2 date
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
Optional2:
i started dating @18 but i dnt tink is d right age 2 date
ummm...dt sounds like an issue of heart and brain...think u follower ur heart...tho u knew it might nt b right?but does age really determine wen one shuld date?is age maturity?
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
I believe a teen should be able to date
when they can prove they are ready. My
eldest daughter (who is now 17) started
dating at 15. I let her because dating, in my
opinion, is a part of growing up and finding
who you are as a person. And as for
heartbreaks, ya their going to happen, as a
teen or adult. All you need to do as a
parent is be there for them and let them
know it will be ok. I believe if they don't
experience this, it will be much worse as an
adult. Dating is not only fun for teens but a
learning experience. If I had to make a age
limit, I would say at least 9th grade.
—Guest Laura

2 Likes

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 10:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
ummm...dt sounds like an issue of heart and brain...think u follower ur heart...tho u knew it might nt b right?but does age really determine wen one shuld date?is age maturity?
yea u right age is not maturity, is abt d heart but parents need 2 coach their children abt dating cos there is d negative nd positive part of dating as a teen. But can u encourage a teen 2 start dating @ an early stage in life?
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
Optional2:
yea u right age is not maturity, is abt d heart but parents need 2 coach their children abt dating cos there is d negative nd positive part of dating as a teen. But can u encourage a teen 2 start dating @ an early stage in life?
nop...i cant...people hv dr own choice to take in dr lives...in my own opinion...if one is mature den one can date,maturity is strength under control...being an adult doesnt make one to b mature...nd it depends on individuality too...some people cant do two things and concentrate while oders can...nd even how many people have wat it takes to lovewithout lust??
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
nop...i cant...people hv dr own choice to take in dr lives...in my own opinion...if one is mature den one can date,maturity is strength under control...being an adult doesnt make one to b mature...nd it depends on individuality too...some people cant do two things and concentrate while oders can...nd even how many people have wat it takes to lovewithout lust??
non! all of them r all into lust, jst 2 use nd dump
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Optional2:
non! all of them r all into lust, jst 2 use nd dump
ummm..do u rili think dr is none at all??i said somefin d oder u didnt seem to get it...d issue of heart nd brain...which one do y trust most btw ya heart nd ur brain?or do u trust ya heart??
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
I started dating at 24. I regret it cos I wasn't even close to marriage. the main problems in our relationship was sex and material sh!t!

No be say she also reason me for marriage like I did sef!kaî!I was once a mumu sha!
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 11:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
ummm..do u rili think dr is none at all??i said somefin d oder u didnt seem to get it...d issue of heart nd brain...which one do y trust most btw ya heart nd ur brain?or do u trust ya heart??
but is very hard nowadays 2 find teens dating each other dat is not love but lust 4 each other, u cant trust one nd leave d other dy both work 2gether d brain calculate d heart follows.

1 Like

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
shadowgwalker:
I started dating at 24. I regret it cos I wasn't even close to marriage. the main problems in our relationship was sex and material sh!t!

No be say she also reason me for marriage like I did sef!kaî!I was once a mumu sha!
hey yeah sowi...so u meant u regretted nt dating early?
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Ayobami97(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
Optional2:
but is very hard nowadays 2 find teens dating each other dat is not love but lust 4 each other, u cant trust one nd leave d other dy both work 2gether d brain calculate d heart follows.
u sound more interesting....but do u no dr are points in one's life conflict can occur btw one's brain nd heart
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
Anything less than 22, you shouldn't start dating.

1 Like

Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ayobami97:
ok,ayobami...let's hear your reasons
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Anything less than 22, you shouldn't start dating.
ok,22?umm dat sound too long for most teens of nwadays,what r reasons fr choosing 22?
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Ayobami97(m): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
ok,ayobami...let's hear your reasons
Well, I don't have reasons for that. it's just an ease opinion.
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
u sound more interesting....but do u no dr are points in one's life conflict can occur btw one's brain nd heart
wch conflict would dat b wrong calculation nd wrong answer nd movement or what is d conflict.
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ayobami97:

Well, I don't have reasons for that. it's just an ease opinion.
ok boss,nd u,wt age did date or do u wana date
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote
author=Optional2 post=30287830] wch conflict would dat b wrong
calculation nd wrong answer nd movement or what is d conflict.[/quote]one brain tels one to love dz girl cos she seems to b close to perfection nd does return affection bt d heart says no dz d oda gul i want u to b wit dat nth gud cum easy bt its lyk one iz forcing oneself,so wt shuld i folow btw heart nd brain?
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Ayobami97(m): 11:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
ok boss,nd u,wt age did date or do u wana date
am 18 and am nt planning to date any girl. I don't just want new responsiblities, besides, teen couple are prone to conflicts.
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote
author=Ayobami97 post=30288073]
am 18 and am nt planning to date any girl. I don't just want new
responsiblities, besides, teen couple are prone to conflicts.[/quote]ok,dat a very gud point,bt iz it dat adult aint prone to conflicts?
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Ayobami97(m): 11:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
ok,dat a very gud point,bt iz it dat adult aint prone to conflicts?
hmmm. they are, but they don't quarrel childishly and they don't taste for love like new-born vampires.
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by bobolizim(m): 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ayobami97:

hmmm. they are, but they don't quarrel childishly and they don't taste for love like new-born vampires.
lols,dat whr maturity needs u
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by Optional2(f): 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
bobolizim:
one brain tels one to love dz girl cos she seems to b close to perfection nd does return affection bt d heart says no dz d oda gul i want u to b wit dat nth gud cum easy bt its lyk one iz forcing oneself,so wt shuld i folow btw heart nd brain?
follow d heart cos if u follow d brain @ dis point it can fail u but u no dat if u follow d one dats not in d heart u will end up heart broken but if u follow d heart deris a less posibility dt d relationship wont last. If d brain refuse 2 work follow d heart it wont fail u lyk d brain does.
Re: Readers Respond: At What Age Should Teens Start Dating? by AnnieBeyonce(f): 11:59pm On Jan 30, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ A World Without Men / Tiwa Savage S3x Tape Finally Leaked Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.