Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? (2807 Views)

Pray For Leaders. I Saw A State Funeral Procession And Flag Flying At Half-mask / APC Logo And Flag / Nigerian National Anthem And Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? by kosovo(m): 1:06am On Dec 28, 2008
I just read a speech by Obama that says, and i will quote

"Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, ‘As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. ‘There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like To Teach the World To Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.’We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It’s my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level
of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails. Perhaps a state or period of mutual concord between our governments. When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed
upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons"
change is comming from all directions. lol
[url=http://lol[/url]link?[/url]
Re: Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? by 4Play(m): 1:08am On Dec 28, 2008
Move to joke section.
Re: Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? by Naijex: 1:11am On Dec 28, 2008
U wan make them impeach am abi.
Re: Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? by kosovo(m): 1:16am On Dec 28, 2008
4 Play:

Move to joke section.
ko
Re: Does Obama Want To Change The National Anthem And Flag?!?!? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 28, 2008
4 Play:

Move to joke section.

It's not even funny. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

How Come Southern Nigerian Marry White People. / Fed Govt Distributes N2bn Buses To Tertiary Institutions. / Emirs Leave Palaces As Buhari Visits: In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.