Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers (703 Views)

Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ELECTIONS 2015: Ogun INEC Takes Delivery Of Additional 170,000 Pvcs / Lagos INEC Yet To Recieve 400,000 PVCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by spott(m): 6:29am On Jan 31, 2015
About 14,000 Permanent Voters Cards, PVCs have been declared missing by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC in Rivers state.
Lagosians checking their names on the INEC list of permanent voters cards (PVC) around 3 pm. at Sunday Adigun polling Unit, Alausa, Ikeja yesterday.
Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Mrs Gesila Khan who disclosed this yesterday in Port Harcourt, said some of the missing cards were stolen at the local government collection centers where they were kept to be distributed.
While appealing to those with the cards to return them, the state INEC boss said there was no way they could be of use to those holding them illegally. According to her, the electoral body was going to use a new device called card readers to identify owners of PVC before they can be used to vote.
Continuing, she said the number of missing PVCs in Rivers was the highest in the country.
“ Am appealing to Rivers people because we have lost a lot of cards. We have lost more than 14,000 PVCs and it’s one of the highest figures in the federation”.
All the cards that are being snatched are useless and meaningless because we are going to use a new system called card readers. Your card readers are just like ATM cards. You take it there and they slot it into the card reader to confirm if it is yours before you are allowed to vote”.
So, if you go there with another person’s voter’s card, it is meaningless. So, I am advising those of you with other peoples’ cards to return them to the local government offices so that the rightful owners can collect them so that they can participate in the general election.
“Polling officer will on the presentation of the PVC by an electorate be slotted into the card reader to confirm if it belongs to you. The next stage is the confirmation of your finger prints by the card reader before you are allowed to vote.”
If you go to the polling booth with someone else’s voters’ card, you would not be able to vote because each card is unique and can only be authenticated by the real owner. The PVC’s are meaningless to those who have stolen them”.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/inec-declares-14000-pvcs-missing-rivers/#sthash.A7J6CPJF.dpuf
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by Abiagirl777(f): 6:32am On Jan 31, 2015
Things that happen in Nigeria.election hasn't begun yet pvc1s are missing.
My piece of advice for those going to vote the GEJ and the recycled certificate forger/mr integrity on feb 14th,let your nose be open well well to sniff out danger miles away,cos if you die your chapter is closed while their families are abroad jollificating.
Let him who has ear hear what the spirit says.
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by mrofficial(m): 6:49am On Jan 31, 2015
"All the cards that are being snatched are useless and meaningless because we are going to use a new system called card readers. Your card readers are just like ATM cards. You take it there and they slot it into the card reader to confirm if it is yours before you are allowed to vote”

Tell them!
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by size40: 7:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Thank God I have gotten my PVC already. come February 14 and 28, I will use it to vote Buhari and Dakuku.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by otukpo(f): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2015
Na waoh. I am happy my pvc is with me..
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by hyfr(m): 7:22am On Jan 31, 2015
They police force have to interrogate some people on NL. They know where this missing PVC is. I'd encourage the force to storm NL and get hold of such people. The same people that hacked into Inec's database, rigging online pools since 2011. Someone should help me mention a name
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by dulaman: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2015
hope is not what an thinking
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by lokito: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2015
She's blabbing. In Nigeria here where i'm from, if you push a man to the wall, he'd find a way to bore hole through the wall and pass through.
The inec boss will not be there when they'd be bribing polling officers to allow them use those 14,000 PVCs or they could even have plans to jailbreak and hack into those cards and card readers. This is naija
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by nellyjohn: 8:57am On Jan 31, 2015
I have always expected this kind of thing from APC. Am sure Amechi knows the where about of those cards
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by nellyjohn: 9:01am On Jan 31, 2015
I have always expected this kind of thing from APC. Am sure Amechi knows the where about of those cards.
But no matter what they do, GEJ will stil win
GEJ till 2019
Re: INEC Declares 14,000 Pvcs Missing In Rivers by Burger01(m): 9:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Eligible and registered voters without PVCs either due to snatched PVCs or lost PVCs must be allowed to vote with their temporary voters' cards...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Retakes Baga And Gwoza Towns / Buhari Fills Cabinet With Nonpoliticians / Rain Made Apc Members To Carry UMBRELLA Instead Of Broom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.