Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (905616 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
This thread is for Nigerian Navy DSSC. Let's be focus, let's be guarded
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Ogunleke48: 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
woswobi:
Course 24 just resumed back to onne today after their 11 days break. Their POP is first week in February all things been equal if it's not postponed.

Don't let the speed of exam and interview fool you, this list will take its time.

However, a 5 man list of recommended candidates from each state has been forwarded to the headquarters as of today by DSSC25 selection board

Gentlemen, pray hard.

Pls do you mean that 5 candidates will be chosen from each state on merit or they can decide to pick less than that (i.e 3 or 4) out of the 5 recommended candidates? pls shed more light on this...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ogunleke48:

Pls do you mean that 5 candidates will be chosen from each state on merit or they can decide to pick less than that (i.e 3 or 4) out of the 5 recommended candidates? pls shed more light on this...

The selection board recommended 5 from each state to the headquarters who are the first 5 best candidates from each state according to their judgment by merit. The headquarters will choose and number of this 5 that they please by whatever standard they want to employ. They can choose 2, 3 or 4 or 5. It's left to them. I think this is also where someone who is first in a state can be dropped if others in his department have done better than him and the required number for that department is exceed already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 09, 2018
I just downloaded the "Armed Forces Act" on play store , pls do and be properly informed about the military before you make your decision. It's very informative and interesting, you might b shocked tho. But I didn't come accross where it was stayed that 2 years seniority over ur mates has been scrapped according to oga tenderlaw. Is the HTCOAS different from the Armed Forces Act I downloaded?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by babalolasimon: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2018
Sm1 shuld pls give the link to the dssc whatsapp group chat or link me up. My number is 08066659851. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 8:00am On Jan 09, 2018
please admin add me up to the group chat 08100945738
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by fubie: 8:19am On Jan 09, 2018
What's ur problem with this 2 years seniority?
agongajoseph:
I just downloaded the "Armed Forces Act" on play store , pls do and be properly informed about the military before you make your decision. It's very informative and interesting, you might b shocked tho. But I didn't come accross where it was stayed that 2 years seniority over ur mates has been scrapped according to oga tenderlaw. Is the HTCOAS different from the Armed Forces Act I downloaded?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2018
fubie:
What's ur problem with this 2 years seniority?
no vex if it offended you. Am so sorry. I guess its not bad to be well informed tho. Who no like better thing, assuming you had a Masters degree, I guess you'll b very interested in this. Happy New year to you and your family.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by babalolasimon: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Agongajoseph! Mornin sir! Pls I will like 2 av a private chat wit u on whatsapp. U can add me with my number above. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by yebzman: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2018
agongajoseph:
Hah I just downloaded it and went through it.
It's Act of 1994 actually
So many things you would see as minor offenses carry weight of punishment.
Lol even fraternising is a crime.
Orderly conduct must be maintained!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2018
yebzman:

oh 94? I think there's a new one according to Oga Tenderlaw
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2018
yebzman:

as an officer you can't be friends wit a non commissioned officer, ..it's 7 years in imprisonment.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by babalolasimon: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2018
But guys wait oh, if sm1 that is goin 2 round up service in April was allowed to face d board, den it means d list is likely to b out after then and not so soon as pple are tinkin.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2018
babalolasimon:
But guys wait oh, if sm1 that is goin 2 round up service in April was allowed to face d board, den it means d list is likely to b out after then and not so soon as pple are tinkin.
Course 24 will b rounding up first week of February if it isn't postponed. Onne is always busy. They might call for course 25 by February after course 24 passes out. Just saying.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2018
agongajoseph:

Any and everything like that has been scrapped. You'd be on the same level with your course mate except you or they get promoted before you as time goes on. Even if you convert to DRC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2018
woswobi:

Any and everything like that has been scrapped. You'd be on the same level with your course mate except you or they get promoted before you as time goes on. Even if you convert to DRC.
ok thanks for the info...I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
Pls guys, don't get it twisted. Don't join this service as a professional hoping for a seniority over your course mates. That stuff has been abolished. Many officers are grumbling because of this. You need to know this before you join.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by babalolasimon: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2018
Thanks @ Oga Tenderlaw! What edge then does your professional qualification gives you during the final selection especially as an Engineer (COREN Registered and a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers) over your fellow candidates during the selection process? Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
babalolasimon:
Thanks @ Oga Tenderlaw! What edge then does your professional qualification gives you during the final selection especially as an Engineer (COREN Registered and a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers) over your fellow candidates during the selection process? Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Normally, it should.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
babalolasimon:
If u hv a professional Qualification like COREN, ORACLE, CISCO ETC. That should give u an edge over other but then its not automatic. This professional Qualification hv points..
Marks are awarded in various categories. Oral interview(Questions Answer), Rat Race, Exercise, Appt Exam, Composure, professional Qualification. Etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
agongajoseph:
Armed Forces Act is different from HTACOS...
Armed forces Act contain rules and regulations, offenses and punishment..(Laws u need to know)
HTACOS contain terms and conditional of service..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
agongajoseph:
If u like join with PHD wen they said BSC.. U will start as a Sub Lt the way others are starting.... Only ur BSc will b recognize at that point..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by IMOGBEMI(m): 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
Please, if the final list should be out by january ending hopefully, what day interval are the successful applicants are expected to prepare before ariving to onne?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
IMOGBEMI:
Please, if the final list should be out by january ending hopefully, what day interval are the successful applicants are expected to prepare before ariving to onne?
7 to 14 days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by IMOGBEMI(m): 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
I hopw it is only the vacation of course 24, is the cause of delay for the release of the final.list of course 25, and that can mean that the list can not be before last week in january
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 7:31am On Jan 17, 2018
IMOGBEMI:
I hopw it is only the vacation of course 24, is the cause of delay for the release of the final.list of course 25, and that can mean that the list can not be before last week in january

List will state getting ready to come out after course 24 POP & piping which is first week in February or even later sef. Go and continue with your life, pray to God the father and call your godfather.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Just got an info from a Commodore that only 5 cadets will be accepted from Accounts and Budget dept Nationwide.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by yebzman: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
agongajoseph:
Just got an info from a Commodore that only 5 cadets will be accepted from Accounts and Budget dept Nationwide.
Hah serious...
Any ideas how many ICT?
And how many would be taken for the full course, per state?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by IMOGBEMI(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Please, in addition how many Imams and chaplaines respectively?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
yebzman:

Hah serious...
Any ideas how many ICT?
And how many would be taken for the full course, per state?
please honestly I would love it if someone render an answer to this bulging question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.