Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid (30258 Views)

7 Governors Implicated In Anti-magu’s Plot To Stop The Senate Confirmation / Lawyers In Anti-DSS Protest In Abuja Over Judges Arrest (photos) / An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by goddypawa: 1:56am On Feb 01, 2015
The giant of Africa been bomb by Chad, common Chad...Papa God thank you for letting me hear this shockedgrin grin grin grin
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by DonaldGenes(m): 2:05am On Feb 01, 2015
Advertico:
is this even legal?
I for beat you up for this Bullocks you're spewing

Why not go fight yourself
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by DonaldGenes(m): 2:08am On Feb 01, 2015
babadee1:

i don't care who does the bombing, anything that will work to end Boko Haram is okay by me. If Nigerian military cannot do the job then we should not be too proud to ask anybody for help including Chad, Cameroon, Niger and Ghana too.
If they can help us to defeat Boko Haram we will always be grateful to them for that.

God bless you
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Akon419(m): 2:10am On Feb 01, 2015
Samueldo:
Chadian aircraft on Saturday bombed the Nigerian town of Gamboru in a raid targeting Islamist extremist group Boko Haram, security sources said.

A raid was carried out around midday by two fighter jets on the town in Nigeria’s far northeast along the Cameroon border, sources from Chad and Cameroon said on condition of anonymity.

Boko Haram overran the town several months ago as part of its campaign to seize territory in the region and create an Islamic state.

The Boko Haram uprising has become a regional crisis, with the four directly affected countries — Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria — agreeing to boost cooperation to contain the threat.

Nigeria’s military said on Thursday that its fighter jets had bombed the northeast town of Malam Fatori, also controlled by Boko Haram.

Witnesses and some media reports said troops and airforce planes from Chad were also involved in that operation on Nigerian soil but Abuja neither confirmed nor denied the claim.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Saturday gave his backing to an African Union proposal to set up a regional five-nation force of 7,500 troops to fight Boko Haram.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/chadian-aircraft-bomb-nigerian-town-anti-boko-haram-raid/
op has shown that he is one of the boko haram sympertizers. So is no longer bombing against boko haram but bombing against Nigerian town. This northerners will never stop to amuse me
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by DonaldGenes(m): 2:11am On Feb 01, 2015
Lifebender:
Thank you moderator for giving us another opportunity to campaign for a change.

Firstly I'll start by saying''He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool i.e. To say ''He that is CLUELESS and is CLUELESS that he is CLUELESS is a fool

Yeah...fellow Nigerians unanticipated well done for endurance...Its been a long stay in Egypt.Its time for us to move to our promised land.

Febuhari 14 is almost upon us.On that day,go to your polling boot and vote for Change...I.ee the broom party.The sweepers of corruption and cluelessNess.

Buhari is the man.And may the Lord bless you as you partake in the change.Thank you.

#DropsMic

Nice Point

Why wouldn't I like you for this reasonable say?

Muaaaaaaaah
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Litmus: 2:14am On Feb 01, 2015
Just read on Beegeagls blog that Mercenaries from South Africa could be in Nigeria. If this is true, someone high up is panicking or something is vastly wrong.See, Nigeria is not a joke Nation that you can apply the Elastoplast of Mercenaries. The AU, UN Chad and Cameroon cannot fix what the Nigerian army ultimately cannot fix. This is a joke. The last i heard many African forces are giving to wearing rain-boots because they cannot afford military boots. The West often has to provide transport for their troops. South African Mercenaries could do nothing in small Fiji, they were over-celebrated in small Freetown-country or was it Liberia that Nigeria had to rescue before it was safe for the UN to land and take credit. All of this falling over to come to Nigeria is beginning to smack of vultures positioning for a feast because this hodgepodge of forces can only kill the broth. On the other hand, on same Beegegels blog, there's word on Nigeria recapturing towns. Let us hope this last is the case otherwise we might as well let Nigeria die. Africa does not in any case deserve what Nigeria could become and which so frightened the West.

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by oweman: 2:39am On Feb 01, 2015
The bombers should just watch it so they don"t bomb Aso villa one of this days .
Why not jonathan handover the governance of Nigeria to Idris Derby of Chad as he seem incapable and the chad man seem doing better
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Banyami(m): 2:44am On Feb 01, 2015
I hope they are really trying to help Nigeria?
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by sultaan(m): 3:14am On Feb 01, 2015
Banyami:
I hope they are really trying to help Nigeria?

See how low your world has fallen NA no get working plan their phone no dey work too so Chad no fit get permission before the raid, same reason they didn't get the warning about Baga.

Millions of barrels of crude oil at $100 and Nigeria still needs Chad to help with BH what happens when Chad wants Aso Rock?
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by mamigocentral: 3:16am On Feb 01, 2015
I'm neither a fan of politicizing salient security issues nor am I inclined to react when people simply chose not to search the truth out but just take out their frustrations on others here on NL. Even if the Nigerian military is as demoralized and debilitated as most people here think, I'm sure they'd still be ranked higher than the chadians in terms of fire power and personnel.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Chad/Nigeria/Military

Either the so called bombing was a joint manouver of the MNJF or the chadians actually bombed Nigerian territory in which case am sure the diplomatuc lines to France, the Uk, Chad and Nigeria will have been blazing. Come on what do you expect, Jonathan or whoever eventually becomes president to don khaki and go to the Chad border and declare war! That will effectively be declaring war against France at a time that all the francophone countries around us seem to be harbouring BH. Reality Check please! Jonathan's ineptitude may have caused a lot of things but i dont think he's foolish enough to declare war over something the notorious Nigerian and western media overhyped.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by ttmacoy: 4:12am On Feb 01, 2015
Before we go all on our on conspiracies and what is legal or not, there is a good chance the Nigerian army is aware as the article states all 4 countries around the Chad basin are working together.

In a sane country, there will be official communication of what is happening, but in Nigeria the government prefer to leave things unconfirmed so Nigerians who are very imaginative focus on developing conspiracies and adding salt and pepper to need.

doctokwus:

Is patently illegal and in saner climes with a president that knows his left from his right,enough to spark a diplomatic crisis with even the risk of military confrontation.
How dare u invade another country's airspace talkless of carrying out military operations in it.But a situation where u have a president that is as clueless as his face,its going to go down without even a whimper from the Nigerian govt.
He has so neglected Nigerian military in preference to touts like asari and tompolo that even ordinary chad that should be seeking military and financial assistance from us has turned us to a laughing stock.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by juman(m): 4:12am On Feb 01, 2015
The useless nigerian leaders are bigger problem than boko haram.

The insecurity in the country like boko haram, kidnappings, armed robberies and others are result of destruction of nigeria by the useless nigerian leaders.

One nigeria is the roots of all problems. Because nigeria is a country that belongs to nobody.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by jadakiss213(m): 4:20am On Feb 01, 2015
Its Part of an ongoing Multinational Military Operation involving,Nigeria,Cameroun,chad and Niger..dint u see a part in the story that says the Nigerian forces attacked the insurgents first? Before now,if BH. Is attacked by the NA,they run into this Neighbouring countries to regroup..The NA is 'saying less' these days to avoid sabotage.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by chiomzy86(f): 4:43am On Feb 01, 2015
LadyX:

I think it's illegal. They are supposed to consult nigerian authority.

I don't blame them. These militants attack their country then come to hide in this town. If Chad attacks them inside Nigeria and distabilizes them, atleast they'll stop killing innocent civilians.
what they did is the best.,consult Nigerian govt you say? So that those boko sponsors that have infiltrated jona govt wil knw
of it and gv info to shekau,its good as they took them unawares

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 01, 2015
[size=28pt]As the imperialist sponsored Boko Haram runs amok, the PDP govt moves to deploy our great courageous military to ..

to supervise elections on 14th FeBuhari 2015 ! undecided

collect your Permanent Voters Card regardless of all obstacles and vote out cluelessness. [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by bamidex28282: 5:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Ask me again,but what will you do when boko haram get knocking on your door?
Advertico:
is this even legal?

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by izzieman: 5:43am On Feb 01, 2015
Amefrica:
If Nigeria didn't approve that then Chad is marching on Nigeria's sovereignty.

The policies of territorial integrity and non intervention, clearly state that. But I wanna believe Nigeria gave consent and part of their sovereignty to Chad.

All is well shaa

Which kain Sovereignty you dey talk. De one wey Boko Haram don already compromise. You see any nation go ask Syria before dem begin to bomb Kobani?
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by bamidex28282: 5:47am On Feb 01, 2015
oweman:

The bombers should just watch it so they don"t bomb Aso villa one of this days .
Why not jonathan handover the governance of Nigeria to Idris Derby of Chad as he seem incapable and the chad man seem doing better
Words are easy to say,but did you know that since America startd bombing ISIS in middle east ,this terrorist are waxing stronger,even U.S said they need to train their soldiers for one year before they can fight ISIS on land,but we are expecting Nigeria govt to perform magick over-night.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Are you for real?

Don't tell me that you're happy that another country is bombing your City without the approval of your country

We are not happy but this is what we've been reduced to. What else do you want us to do? At least our military can take a cue from them now. What other excuse do they have? So far as no innocent citizen was killed, I'm fine with it. Osama wasn't killed in US.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Pennywise(m): 6:32am On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

The most annoying part is that some guys here are even hailing Chadian forces for this illegal operation.

We have stupendously rich generals that won't fight, a rank and file looking for reasons to desert

The most logical thing would have been for the military to disband. That is not possible. But your president and commander in chief can resign or be impeached for incompetence. And not campaigning for re election.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by phiszo(m): 6:52am On Feb 01, 2015
some comments i'm seeing makes me sick. what kind of people do we have in this damn country?.

vote out cluelessness.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by durow: 6:54am On Feb 01, 2015
Why do you guys make statements without verification? Is it even possible for a country to another without it's permission? well, since you didn't know it is the Multi-National joint task force at work (MJTF), and it comprises of Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger. So keep following hear say.
doctokwus:

Is patently illegal and in saner climes with a president that knows his left from his right,enough to spark a diplomatic crisis with even the risk of military confrontation.
How dare u invade another country's airspace talkless of carrying out military operations in it.But a situation where u have a president that is as clueless as his face,its going to go down without even a whimper from the Nigerian govt.
He has so neglected Nigerian military in preference to touts like asari and tompolo that even ordinary chad that should be seeking military and financial assistance from us has turned us to a laughing stock.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by 1stdammy: 6:57am On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Are you for real?

Don't tell me that you're happy that another country is bombing your City without the approval of your country
Am suprised!!!, coz they sound like someone who is to use their brain in thinking but have resort to using their legs...........mtcheeeeewwwww
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by symbianDON(m): 7:07am On Feb 01, 2015
doctokwus:

thank you! even if jonathan complains, will chad listen to him? who respects nigeria these days? abeg chad help us liberate our people under bh bondage.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by patrickkkk: 7:12am On Feb 01, 2015
atlwireles:

http://www.punchng.com/news/military-arrests-general-senior-officers-over-baga-attack/

The authorities of the Nigerian military have arrested senior Army personnel on attachment to the Multi National Joint Task Force.

Those arrested and placed under movement restriction are a Brig. Gen, a Lt. Col. and five other officers of the Nigerian Army deployed to the Baga headquarters of Multinational Joint Task Force, which was attacked and taken over by members of the Boko Haram sect on January 5, 2015.

Investigations revealed that the military authorities arrested the Brigadier-General and six other officers including a Lt. Col. in Maiduguri and moved them to Abuja for questioning.

The arrested officers are expected to answer questions on the loss of men and location, and military equipment which were taken over by the insurgents.

It was learnt that Baga came under attack barely 48 hours after the Army moved weapons to fortify the place in anticipation of a well-coordinated onslaught against the insurgents.
No wonder America did not want to sell its equipment to Nigeria's army. What a country!

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by IBROHIM: 7:20am On Feb 01, 2015
Jonathan call you Bokoharam to cease fire now before you completely loose ur men! Jonathan hijacked and fuelled the fire of Bokoharam just to win another sympathy that ' they don't want me to rule' but God in his infinite wisdom has exposed him! It has worked against Jonathan!!!
What Jonathan did not envisage is that a time will come when even his sympathisers will ask why he's not fighting the terrorists despite the huge amount we are budgeting!!! Jonathan is a rogue!!!
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by LadyX(f): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2015
chiomzy86:

what they did is the best.,consult Nigerian govt you say? So that those boko sponsors that have infiltrated jona govt wil knw
of it and gv info to shekau,its good as they took them unawares
Yes what they did is the best. Wish they can launch more attacks on boko.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by WASMOG(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Lifebender:
[center]
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Intells: 7:54am On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Are you for real?

lets foget all this sentiment cos what we are suffering is not different from what iraq and Syria is passing through isis...if our neighbors felt the impact and want to help its a welcome development boko haram terroris both countries without approval by any of them so to fight them u shouldn't look for approval. . Or if I may ask how many of those territory in bokos hands is still reciving or govern by nigerian legal systems?
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Kc3000: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2015
There's a multinational force operating in the border areas consisting of forces from Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger and Chad. There's bound to be some cooperation and agreement permitting these forces to go after Boko Haram in those areas lest they are handicapped in their operations. It is a welcomed development that neighboring countries have taken a proactive role in the efforts to dislodge Boko Haram, hopefully disrupting the terrorist's supply channels and making it difficult for them to strike Nigeria and retreat into these countries.
Truth be told, the Nigerian military is fighting valiantly and to the best of their capabilities. Unfortunately, politicians and their minions have continued to rubbish their intrepid efforts against a shifty and lawless foe. There are myriad issues with this country of ours, to which the military is not impervious, but it represents a new low to undermine and ridicule your own military that is engaged in mortal combat to preserve your safety. Sure, we all hope the terrorists could be defeated in a fortnight, but we are faced with a different reality. . .the foe is more resilient, more ingrained in the territory, with far-reaching support and sponsorship, than was earlier imagined. Pretending like this is some meager adversary that would be easily vanquished but for the lack of effort and determination from our military, is absolutely spurious or at best the consequence of sheer ignorance. No military campaign is perfect, it would not be war if your enemy rolled over as soon as you show up. It's rather amusing to read my favorite armchair warriors here who sit in the comfort of their homes to dictate to the Army what they should do or not do.
I'm pained because I've lost friends in the Army to this conflict, some have had close calls and one is still missing at the moment. It's real, it's lethal, and many young men are paying the ultimate price for the love of country. In the very least, these lads need to know that their sacrifices are appreciated by the ones for whom they fight.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Omokaysmith: 9:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Gej has really taken Nigeria backwards.....
Nigeria... Giant of Africa....
Being bombed by small Chad. In the name of assistance to fight insurgency....
Depressing news....
What a shame??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting / Buhari Issues Stern Warning To CBN, Meets APC Governors / Atiku's Son, Mustapha And Wife, Afrah Welcome A Baby Boy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.