Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) (27690 Views)

"$1bn Not For Anti-boko Haram War Alone" - Osinbajo Says / Anambra Election: Army Arrests IPOB Members With Anti-Anambra Election Flyers / Woman Absconds With Anti-corruption Crusade Largesse In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by iliyande(m): 7:02am On Apr 16, 2016
An Encounter With Anti Boko Haram Female Fighters

BY MOHAMMED ISMAIL

The atmosphere was brimming with excitement as hundreds of hunters trooped to the Mayo Belwa forest to celebrate their annual festival christened Salala in local parlance.

This year’s Salala celebration was unique for the fact that the hunters who became part of the war against Boko Haram insurgency that led to the liberation of many local governments captured by Boko Haram insurgents at its peak are basking in the euphoria of their contribution to the continued existence of their motherland.

A first time comer to the event may consider it as completely masculine as the hunters are mainly fierce looking men in various age groups, wielding their locally manufactured Dane guns and chanting war slogans dominated the scene.

But unknowingly, a number of intrepid and adventurous women are tucked in the largely male dominated gathering; these women, are wholeheartedly involved in the violent war that led to the pulverisation of the Boko Haram insurgency when it reached its zenith about two years ago.

The presence of these gallant women amidst the hunters which was as heart rending as it was scintillating reveals that behind women’s easy comportment lies an indefatigable can -do spirit which could never be subdued with the wave of the hand.

It also probed the truism in the dictum which says that what a man can do, a woman can do even better as these women of valour defied the odds and survived in climes only meant for the tough and the rugged.

It may sound unbelievable that these tough women with scant training and obsolete weapons are fully involved in the war against Boko Haram at a time when trained Nigerian soldiers with the requisite training and equipment were sent packing from their bases leading to the annexation of vast swathes of Nigerian territories at the peak of the insurrection.

Their only motivation, resilience and steadfastness to remain in the war against Boko Haram insurgency according to them was borne out of the desire to protect, and preserve the territorial integrity of their motherland and to ensure that the country’s unity is not in any way compromised by the activities of the Boko Haram insurgency that nearly dislocated the country.

Before the vigilante operatives and hunters were involved in the war against Boko Haram insurgency, the insurgents had created a wave of panic across the land as they killed lives and destroyed properties with impunity; even Nigerian troops whose exploits in restoration of peace across the globe was celebrated became an object of pity as the Boko Haram insurgents, humiliated, desecrated, maimed and killed many of them and in the process sent many of them running from the war front like villains.

In her submission, one of the gallant amazons that partook in the war against the dreaded Boko Haram and a woman commander from Gombi Local Government, Aisha Bakari Gombi said that her motivation in joining the war against the dreaded sect stemmed out of the desire to ensure the protection of Nigeria’s territorial integrity and to also ensure that the country remained united.

“I know I have only one life and one day that life is going to be snuffed out of me, but I consider it noteworthy to sacrifice that life to protect women, children, the aged and the down trodden because in most instances, they are the worst affected by the activities of Boko Haram insurgents.

“Whenever I heard that Boko Haram struck villages killing children, women and the aged, I always have a feeling of emptiness within me as I know if strong willed people acted, the Boko Haram imbroglio will be a thing of the past.

“So I availed myself at the first opportunity to be involved in the fight against these dreaded monsters when the opportunity came and I can tell you, that I have never regretted my involvement in the war which led to the liberation of many communities and saved a number of lives,” Gombi said.

Gombi said that she was part of the counter-insurgency that led to the liberation of many territories making mincemeat of the dreaded Boko Haram insurgency that became the inglorious epitaph of north east for the past six years.

“I have no feeling trampling on any Boko Haram villain as they deserved to be treated like the common villains they are and such need to be shown the way to perdition for all of us to get peace and harmony in our communities.”

“Boko Haram is an ungodly contraption and needs no mercy from us and since we started our operations, we have been giving them a run for their money in the game they understand the best until we make sure that the villains are all crushed.

“They are men and women of hell and we shall ensure that they get a quick sentence to where they rightly deserve; the hell,” she said.

Another Amazon in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency, Agnes Jeremiah who is also one of the women commanders from Demsa Local government noted that the involvement of women in the fight against the insurgency should serve as a reminder to all that what a man can do, a woman can do better.

She noted that that she was involved in all the operations that led to the routing of Boko Haram insurgents across Adamawa State adding that she derives her strength from the fact that her actions are tailored to salvage humanity from ruination.

Jeremiah added that there is full cooperation between male and female fighters fighting against insurgency adding that issues such as gender discrimination, religious or ethnic colouration do not exist in the system as their major motivation was to crush Boko haram insurgents.

She noted that one of the challenges being confronted by the group has to do with the infiltration of Boko Haram insurgents into civilian population as the insurgents are being consistently degraded by the superior fire powers of Nigerian Troops being assisted by the local hunters urging for the cooperation of individuals especially in the areas of intelligence gathering for the speedy end to the insurgency.

http://leadership.ng/news/518207/encounter-anti-boko-haram-female-fighters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 7:46am On Apr 16, 2016
undecided
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Cornerstone001: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by RobinHez(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Love this! More like the feminine Version of the expendables grin

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Carter29: 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Who give that woman that gun? shocked shocked

If she just aim am for the blokos of the BH guys....no more 72 virgins be dat

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Moustache: 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by dearsly(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by vict505(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hian
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
In the city of islam undecided
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by babyfaceafrica: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nice...no be the. Ones on NL. Wey they beg BIS and recharge card....sheo

4 Likes

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
I smell lies
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Topestbilly(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
undecided...

Ok... God bless you.
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Wittywizard(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
The feminine part of the gallant mopol soldier figthing the insurgency is all about the strength.. The question is, who do they get married to at the end... The guy below me will quote em wrong and say rubbish cos he s under my jurisdiction
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by corperscorner: 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jk
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by TheBlackGeneral(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
tongue
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by badblackman(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Next pls
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Akanaz(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Good for them. Their names will never be removed from history.

2 Likes

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Well written article.
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Demmzy15(m): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
I love tough women like this, Aisha Bakari can I marry you? embarassed cry
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by samazagudu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
I feared women in whatever they vow of doing it. I salute ya effort, all the women in the world.

2 Likes

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by gbaskiboy: 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nairaland women where hath thou? Am still asking earnestly where hath thou when your mate are in the war front fighting to liberate nigeria from BH? All they know was to create thread about broke guys and moderator self go jejely put push am to FP for serious bashing
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by temmiedebbie(f): 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lagidigba, Ilubirin grin grin
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Mopolchi: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
op pinshure of you and the female fighters or

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Mopolchi: 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mprepz:
I smell lies
Me too

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
All d guys above calling nl gurls to come&see,hope u all well? undecided undecided mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Noblebrown7(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nice
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by DonBobes(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
Demmzy15:
I love tough women like this, Aisha Bakari can I marry you? embarassed cry

*faints

*memo to myself "bt y dis man wan enter training school for dis woman hand nw, God y"
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by habsydiamond(m): 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
these are the real nigeria women who will stand to fight for the betterment of their beloved country. may God guild and protect them. our heroes who wants a better nigeria foe their children. well done, mothers.
Re: An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) by AnanseK(m): 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
Good writing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu "Stylishly" Tells Atiku To Forget Nigerian Presidency / The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent / US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.