Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (11024 Views)

19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) / Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by chromoTop: 12:12am On Feb 02, 2015
I am really so surprised the 'GEJ till death do us part' team are not here yet. Politicizing every failure!
I will just drop this here for sane minds: WOOD-TICK, DOG-TICK, POLITI-TICK, THEY ARE ALL VIRUSES MILKING THIS COUNTRY DRY!!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Yeske2(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2015
OAM4J:

Omo, this na serious bullshit! shocked

I guess if NOI had known this is coming she wouldn't have replied Soludo the way she did....

But then, how could she preside over the monumental theft and corruption?
That part of the text you highlighted is so sickening and i doubt if she can ever extricate herself from this.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by patrickmuf(m): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2015
Soludo knows left from right with regards to the Nigerian economy and economics as a whole...His responses are issue based premised on hard facts...I'm moved reading this piece...
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by chromoTop: 12:20am On Feb 02, 2015
I have to say this man deserves more than what this country has given him. He made banking reforms those banks still enjoy today. The company i worked with back then would have gone bankrupt because of that economic crises, but it stayed up and proved to be one of the few companies operating in West Africa then to pull a profit. I personally owed him a gratitude for that.
I have a deep seated respect for Prof. Soludo. that's a real IGBO MAN! for NOI, I don't know her, but if what Prof wrote there is anything to go by, Nigeria needs to replace her ASAP!

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by jbmd: 12:26am On Feb 02, 2015
damit charles, pls respect a lady. aba.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Abbott(m): 12:26am On Feb 02, 2015
Men!
Soludo totally picked NOI apart here. He has raised very grave allegations against her qualifications and her person. There is no way for her to come out of this...Definitely.
However, seriously, the revelation in this extensive, detailed, first-part rejoinder stinks to the highest heaven. This unravelling, this pandora box is morbidly filthy.
$40,000,000.00 daily?
$14,640,000,000.00

This is unacceptable!!!

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by chromoTop: 12:28am On Feb 02, 2015
"Chinua Achebe said that on leadership, Nigeria is a country that goes for a football match with its 10th Eleven."
CLASSIC! grin cheesy
can somebody explain this to me.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 12:29am On Feb 02, 2015
chromoTop:
I have to say this man deserves more than what this country has given him. He made banking reforms those banks still enjoy today. The company i worked with back then would have gone bankrupt because of that economic crises, but it stayed up and proved to be one of the few companies operating in West Africa then to pull a profit. I personally owed him a gratitude for that.
I have a deep seated respect for Prof. Soludo. that's a real IGBO MAN! for NOI, I don't know her, but if what Prof wrote there is anything to go by, Nigeria needs to replace her ASAP!
I will never vouch for any of these barbarians.
Wait until someone opens the can of worms called Suludo. They all sound intelligent until the full tale is told.
Soludo presided over the era of banking gangsterism. Crooks like Akingbola and Ibru held sway under his watch and when the regulator becomes a lunch mate of those he ought to regulate, you know you are doomed.
They all sound intelligent when dishing out theories and explaining their intentions.
I doubt any of them have the interest of the masses at heart.

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by LeSaint(m): 12:32am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:
This is the final bombshell. shocked
[i]We must offer Nigerians clarity on the choices before them. Can I propose a three-way debate with you (representing PDP/Federal Government), nominee of APC (Utomi or Fayemi? or any other), and myself (as independent citizen— I don’t belong to any of the two). Let us have two bouts of debate between now and 12th February, 2015 focusing on: CBN/AMCON and the financial system (if you want); our economy and its outlook, and agenda/alternative paths to sustainable prosperity post elections. Choose the dates and times, and for the sake of Nigeria, I will fly in. You can invite any of your international media friends as moderators.

This is the kind of public debates you see on tv everyday in civilized societies, and that is how they make progress.
But in Nigeria all we see is stup1d propaganda, mudslinging and annoying obfuscation.

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Abbott(m): 12:35am On Feb 02, 2015
The only good thing is the way everything is unraveling. People are talking. People are asking questions, forming and challenging opinions. Let them keep talking. We are not anywhere near the crescendo. Not yet.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 12:36am On Feb 02, 2015
Abbott:
Men!
Soludo totally picked NOI apart here. He has raised very grave allegations against her qualifications and her person. There is no way for her to come out of this...Definitely.
However, seriously, the revelation in this extensive, detailed, first-part rejoinder stinks to the highest heaven. This unravelling, this pandora box is morbidly filthy.
$40,000,000.00 daily?
$14,640,000,000.00

This is unacceptable!!!
Unacceptable?

You have not even factored in the amnesty program that is a bottomless pit of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by chromoTop: 12:39am On Feb 02, 2015
mbulela:

I will never vouch for any of these barbarians.
Wait until someone opens the can of worms called Suludo. They all sound intelligent until the full tale is told.
Soludo presided over the era of banking gangsterism. Crooks like Akingbola and Ibru held sway under his watch and when the regulator becomes a lunch mate of those he ought to regulate, you know you are doomed.
They all sound intelligent when dishing out theories and explaining their intentions.
I doubt any of them have the interest of the masses at heart.
Well if you have read the whole rejoinder you would have seen where he asked anyone/her to state if he had favored his friends in his banking reforms. There were five banking chiefs arrested then, and neither were those banks doing badly, the reason for their arrests if i remember correctly, were bad debts and the opulent lifestyles they lived, which of course were not clearly established if they diverted funds from their banks to their pockets. This is not an intelligent theory, we all witnessed most of the things he stated there! His facts speak for themselves and some of us are living witnesses!

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by LRNZH(m): 12:39am On Feb 02, 2015
Abbott:
The only good thing is the way everything is unraveling. People are talking. People are asking questions, forming and challenging opinions. Let them keep talking. We are not anywhere near the crescendo. Not yet.

Thanks to Prof. Soludo.
When people like Fashola talk about how much corruption and mismanagement is going on under this Gov't, people say it is partisan.
When Sanusi blew the whistle on massive NNPC fraud, they said he has joined the opposition.
Soludo has spoken and now it is because he is looking for political favours.
They just can't look for inward and admit to what everyone is screaming about. NOI not resigning from this govt is her greatest undoing.

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mrnuur(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2015
Waiting for her response. Btw the 3 way debate will be interesting if honoured
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Abbott(m): 12:52am On Feb 02, 2015
I read it all over again.
This is unutterably brutal.

Cathartically, this reminds me of some gruesome coup-de-grace in some Mortal Kombat X trailers on Youtube.
Soludo(Scorpion) splaying the intellectual viscerals of Iweala(Sindel) for the netherworld scavengers to feast on.

Good Lord!
I am still reeling from everything.

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by LRNZH(m): 12:54am On Feb 02, 2015
I'm reading all.over again....

"When I assumed office at CBN, I inherited 89 rickety, mostly family banks (all of which put together were not up to the size of number four bank in South Africa). Many were insolvent, with depositors’ money trapped, and 20 more about to collapse. To get a credit of $300 million probably required all the banks to syndicate it. For me, there was a national emergency. I drafted a 13-point reform agenda, discussed and agreed all the specifics with the President, and his VP; as well as my management team at the CBN, and we swung into action. President Obasanjo promised 100% support and actually delivered 1000%— which was decisive. I apologize to you Madam because I did not brief or inform you about it. We just wanted to keep it confidential given the sensitivity of the announcement. It is on record that you never supported it". shocked

NOI did not support bank consolidation

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by BlackTechnology: 12:56am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:

Thanks to Prof. Soludo.
When people like Fashola talk about how much corruption and mismanagement is going on under this Gov't, people say it is partisan.
When Sanusi blew the whistle on massive NNPC fraud, they said he has joined the opposition.
Soludo has spoken and now it is because he is looking for political favours.
They just can't look for inward and admit to what everyone is screaming about. NOI not resigning from this govt is her greatest undoing.

This same Fashola opposed FOI bill

Why.?

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by chromoTop: 12:58am On Feb 02, 2015
Abbott:
I read it all over again.
This is unutterably brutal.

Cathartically, this reminds me of some gruesome coup-de-grace in some Mortal Kombat X trailers on Youtube.
Soludo(Scorpion) splaying the intellectual viscerals of Iweala(Sindel) for the netherworld scavengers to feast on.

Good Lord!
I am still reeling from everything.
I am telling you! I have always thought NOI helped us influence the debt relief thing! Only to read she just ballooned the whole opportunities at better negotiations! shocked
I can't even believe those money figures are missing! I don't want to calculate it less i have bad dreams this night!

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by shegxi(m): 1:03am On Feb 02, 2015
This is some crazy s.hit here. Dére is an adage in local parlance dat says d monkey does nt have any skill but it is because d trees are near to each other, dat's y it can jump around.
If dere is any credit I readily give obj, it is d fact he assembled men and women who can hold dere own on his team(of course he himself his a strong man plus an intelligent atiku too). Same cannot be said of dis present administration, bunch of misfit apart from akinwunmi and nOI.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by shegxi(m): 1:10am On Feb 02, 2015
And to think wat soludo presented are nt mere conjectures but HARD FACTS.good lord!!!I dn't even mind if they attack his pêrson(dat is like second nature to d GEJ apologist rite now), let someone just come and disproof dis figures and numbers for crying out loud. This is pathetic and nauseating.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 02, 2015
it's interesting and marvelous. The way Soludo interchanged between "I" and "Madam" shows the extent of the respect he has for her. He doesn't want to hit her but eventually the 'clueless woman' deserved it. I knew she would come this low by the manner of her unprofessional response. what a clueless woman she is and her boss, she has caused more damage than good to our economy. she's the secretary of their 'stealing is not corruption' government, their ass will soon be kicked, just a matter of days....respect is reciprocal and you get what you deserve if you heat-up the polity from a wrong side.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Abbott(m): 1:32am On Feb 02, 2015
And to think there are two more sequels to this death blow?!

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by ibisko04: 3:00am On Feb 02, 2015
Let's keep the fire that Soludo ignited burning. It's only the very few people who are milking the nation that will not see how everything is running down.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by yommys01(m): 3:41am On Feb 02, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Wow! Charles the son of Soludo has finally found his calling: Discrediting our economy on behalf of APC.
Well I wish him well but he had better collect his pay now because after Buhari has lost massively , the money and position they promised him will become VOICE MAIL aka bad debt.
Discrediting? Why not pinpoint what he has stated that is wrong or you just arrived at "discrediting" simply because you must make a post on nairaland?

Can you not reason or debate properly or can you not shut the F if you do not know the subject?

Posterity will judge us all.

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by MyNameIsMyName: 4:04am On Feb 02, 2015
Could it be that there's nothing inside NOI's brain, or she probably attended night school at Havard for her to be running Nigeria's economy like this? Manufacturing figures to suit her and her pay masters. But the truth is dat it doesn't change reality on ground. Kudos to u CC Soludo
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Sconty09(m): 4:20am On Feb 02, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Wow! Charles the son of Soludo has finally found his calling: Discrediting our economy on behalf of APC.
Well I wish him well but he had better collect his pay now because after Buhari has lost massively , the money and position they promised him will become VOICE MAIL aka bad debt.

My Broda,Do you have conscience? It's not about APC but the quantum of money involved that could have gone long way to solve most of our problems. Not position,I think GOD has plan for Nigerians,we have suffered in midst of plenty too much.

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by neighbourhud: 4:57am On Feb 02, 2015
Ths is what the MODS should put on FP, not the junks they keep giving us...'Mercy Johnson opened her legs', 'flavour Nabania is Mr sexy', 'Dbanj looking at somebody's yansh', '2face cooking with is wife' RUBBISH!!!

5 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by neighbourhud: 5:01am On Feb 02, 2015
chromoTop:

I am telling you! I have always thought NOI helped us influence the debt relief thing! Only to read she just ballooned the whole opportunities at better negotiations! shocked
I can't even believe those money figures are missing! I don't want to calculate it less i have bad dreams this night!
Even me my broda... calculating it will increase my bp. God save us!
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by DeeMain(m): 6:54am On Feb 02, 2015
Mehn see TKO! Soludo does not not fight fair. He pulls no punches and holds no prisoners. This is point and kill, o tugbuo orie! Lion in the jungle. Madt!!!

Chai, 'Messiless'! Ewoooooo!

Seriously, this is what Nigeria needs now - an Intellectual Revolution... If NOT, then the people's revolution will be inevitable.

“It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies.” ― Noam Chomsky

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Ngasky(m): 6:58am On Feb 02, 2015
chromoTop:
"Chinua Achebe said that on leadership, Nigeria is a country that goes for a football match with its 10th Eleven."
CLASSIC! grin cheesy
can somebody explain this to me.
means whenever an appointment is needed. The typical Nigerian policy is not to choose the best or any recommended personality but only the connected types which are always the worst entity. Imagine having 200 players as a couch preparing for tournament, after the training and trials you categorise them accordind to their ability/experience in 25 players/team that means you have 8 rank teams. A typical Nigerian policy is to choose the last/worst team to the tournament and drop all the best teams.
**Just like having Mikel Obi as the lone attacking midfielder in the Super(sic) Eagles**
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by dapperman(m): 7:01am On Feb 02, 2015
Truth is, Nigeria is in a mess. This administration has succeeded in amplifying ethnic and religious differences like never before. But am glad for one thing, Nigerians are demanding for explanations on how our monies are being siphoned and we are seeing through all this so called 'harvad' certificates. I do not think even the presidency possess the intelligence to query NOI on her management skills, sadly. I think NOI has made some grave mistakes and she is not keen on coming clean because those who put her there lack the intelligence to understand the dynamics of managing our resources. What I see see is NOI driving to aso rock, going to the conference room and giving a presentation on power point to our 'leaders' and telling them everything is going well as planned then they have lunch and proceed to other matters like discussing the presidents enemies.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2015
chromoTop:

Well if you have read the whole rejoinder you would have seen where he asked anyone/her to state if he had favored his friends in his banking reforms. There were five banking chiefs arrested then, and neither were those banks doing badly, the reason for their arrests if i remember correctly, were bad debts and the opulent lifestyles they lived, which of course were not clearly established if they diverted funds from their banks to their pockets. This is not an intelligent theory, we all witnessed most of the things he stated there! His facts speak for themselves and some of us are living witnesses!
I do not want to detract from the NOI who is bring given. A public lashing that she deserves. However, it was Sold that turned a blind eye while the likes of Akingbola, Atuche and Ibru were evolving into pen robbers. Is there a defence for that? Or you are one of those who believe that Sanusi orchestrates their stealing?
Like I said, Solid will be discussed in details elsewhere,for now let is focus on the public flogging of NOI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Hits Foreign Oil Firms With $20bn Taxes Owed To States And Government / Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu / "We Do Not Abduct Citizens": DSS Replies Amnesty Over Disappearance Of Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.