Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (11034 Views)

19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) / Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 7:14am On Feb 02, 2015
Abbott:
And to think there are two more sequels to this death blow?!
Peter Obi will never mention Soludo again in his speech, neither in public nor private. Else, the blow he will receive in writing will terminate his profile. I like men that fight like this. Yet I am not soludo's fan.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 02, 2015
In this Part One of my planned three part series

The frog eye woman is in deep shiit no doubt.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 02, 2015

I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong. You blame the state governors— who, according to you, have taken the Federal Government to the Supreme Court—not that a Supreme Court judgment forced your hands. For your information, the governors have never agreed to savings and always threatened court action even under Obasanjo. Why did we save under Obasanjo but not under Jonathan? Two keywords explain it: leadership and integrity. Governor Amaechi said the governors insisted on sharing the funds because they found out that you were illegally fiddling with the savings. So, as Nigerians still wonder, if billions of dollars are now ‘missing’ under your nose, why should governors trust you to keep their money? Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors—who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the Federal Government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the Federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice. The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop!

This is my best part. Absolutely no reasons to save. Even the little they were saving, malpractices were found under her leadership.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 8:02am On Feb 02, 2015
deemdeem:
In this Part One of my planned three part series

The frog eye woman is in deep shiit no doubt.

They will send 'respected' elders from their SE zone who will prevail on him not to write the remaining two parts.
You know how these things happen in naija.
They will remind him that since both of them come from the same zone, no need to expose each other in public.
Why do you think we are in this mess of mediocrity? sentiments and ethnicity trump reasoning at every turn.

5 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Pennywise(m): 8:05am On Feb 02, 2015
Iweala has been shown to be nothing more than a paper pusher at the world Bank. Not an economist by any stretch. She attempts to obscure her deficiency by surrounding herself with WB economists.

Now we know madam is a fraud like the govt she serves. Of course Jonathan cannot tell the difference between a breathing human being and a dummy on a good day.

Madam 's single digit inflation may be no more than an admission of a single digit IQ She will do well to resign if she has a modicum of self respect and cares for whatever little regard she still has.

The only thing she seems capable of doing well is making her head tie. Besides that She is a complete good for nothing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2015
mbulela:

They will send 'respected' elders from their SE zone who will prevail on him not to write the remaining two parts.
You know how these things happen in naija.
They will remind him that since both of them come from the same zone, no need to expose each other in public.
Why do you think we are in this mess of mediocrity? sentiments and ethnicity trump reasoning at every turn.

Highly unfortunate and disservice to the Nigerian Nation if so.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by donodion(m): 8:52am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:

I had to get a cup of Orange juice o.... No be small issue.
NOI's brain cannot assimilate the Professor's brain dump. See analysis....NOI borrows brains from World Bank.

NOI where is PwC audit report you promised since November 2014?

shocked I was weak...in fact...i farted So Ngozi is just a stooge? Yrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by donodion(m): 9:01am On Feb 02, 2015
Mods this is FP material...how come it wasnt found there? I had to receive a link to this from a patriot from elsewhere. Please do the needful.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by sigmundfreud(m): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2015
I am eagerly awaiting NOI's response... this is a masterpiece!
The independent stance of Soludo is perhaps his greatest credibility!

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2015
The only thing I'm expecting NOI, PDP and the Jonathan camp is to dig out slanders on Soludo....

I hope the Prof is ready for their usual blackmail and character assassination....
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 02, 2015
sigmundfreud:
I am eagerly awaiting NOI's response... this is a masterpiece!
The independent stance of Soludo is perhaps his greatest credibility!

You want to take a bet? She will never respond to this!!!

They will send the attack dogs under GEJ to tear at the Prof.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2015
mbulela:

Unacceptable?

You have not even factored in the amnesty program that is a bottomless pit of corruption.

Honestly...the more you point out these issues..the more I feel depressed.

The simple question is......with all these hopelessness...can Nigeria and Nigerians survive another four years of all these?
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Crieff(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2015
This should be translated into every Nigerian language possible, printed on flyers and distributed for all to read.

Everybody should read it. Secondary students should be quizzed on it.

Infact, this is not just about Prof. charles and NOI, this is deeply intellectual and stimulating academic piece. It is a fine example of academic discourse with excellent critical analysis, rhetoric and argument. It really is a model of a well structured expository essay, with brilliantly marshalled and developed points.
What's more? I'm convinced this will bolster a/some student/s not to be complacent/accept mediocrity but to strive for excellence in our public and private institutions of learning.

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Crieff(m): 10:04am On Feb 02, 2015
Loools.

It is in circumstances such as this that warrants the saying in the SW:

Ki la gbe, ki le ju!

CS just went nuclear/atomic on NOI's grenade & stink bomb.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by ichuka(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2015
The head of APC political strategic must be given an award!!
First is the emergence of Osibanjo.
Now luring Soludo to destroy what is left of the foundation of the PDP proposed/professed economy.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Tranquill: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Okonjo Iwaela is an overrated economist. Truth is all her economic policies makes me to question the kind of training that she received in Havard. I wonder whether her Phd was really earned or it is just another Chieftancy title like her oga. She's a major flop, though Soludo also flopped as CBN boss

She is not overrated. Charles Soludo is not her match except in crookedness and deception. She could stay in her fathers house and earn a PhD the same quality as Soludo because her father Prof. Okonjo taught Soludo in UNN up to PhD level. It was this her father that introduced Soludo to her before she lobbied Obasanjo to bring him into his government. Soludo thinks of nobody or anything but Soludo. Full of himself and an ingrate. For him, anything that he could not take credit for, must not succeed. Read carefully what he wrote here and you'll see that the more you look the less you see. He is no match to NOI intellectually and in character. The same way he was fighting and trying to run down his sister inlaw Dora Akunyili until she died.

If you want to know more about Soludo go read El Ruffai's book 'the accidental poblic servant' as well as ask people that have worked closely with him. Forget all the lies and gabbage of getting jobs here and there. He is an intelligent crook.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by sigmundfreud(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

You want to take a bet? She will never respond to this!!!

They will send the attack dogs under GEJ to tear at the Prof.
That's not unexpected... She sent one of her boys to reply the first. I guess Madam is very "busy" with ru(i)nning the economy. tongue
A response will be another classic.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by gogis(m): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2015
My dear, you dont need ant tutorials. The whole write up is a tutorial on its own. I was educated and enlightened, despite my Engineering background. Take your time to read sir.
TheIROKO:
I think I need a tutorial in economics before reading this undecided

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by EnigmAries(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2015
As a Welfare Economist, I knew it's either Madam Ngozi do not know anything about Economics or outrightly telling lies to deceive the people. I challenge her to explain how the masses benefits from the GDP growth rate and government budget when capital expenditure stands below 15% of the total budget. This clearly exposes this government as one that is not interested in investment and saving. Our economic team lacks the basic knowledge of distribution of income and how this type of budget further widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Any improvement-if at all- in the life of an average Nigerian in the last 6 years can only be attributed to individual efforts and will to excel, not "transformation agend." Whatever they mean by transformation in the context of their of governance is debate for another day. It's funny how this government is celebration a single digit growth rate at this stage of our development. They say it's one of the highest in the world and one would ask, what's the population of Nigeria? What's the value of our GDP? And what exactly is the value of the growth? For a nation of 160 million people with huge potentials, it's not out of place if our GDP stands above $1 Trillion then and then we can start dreaming of celebrtating a 7% growth rate.
If Madam Ngozi thinks she is up to her a.ss in alligators, let her drain the pool by accepting this challenge...
Can I propose a three-way debate with you (representing PDP/Federal Government), nominee of APC (Utomi or Fayemi? or any other), and myself (as independent citizen— I don’t belong to any of the two). Let us have two bouts of debate between now and 12th February, 2015 focusing on: CBN/AMCON and the financial system (if you want); our economy and its outlook, and agenda/alternative paths to sustainable prosperity post elections. Choose the dates and times, and for the sake of Nigeria, I will fly in.
I bet she won't coz all the achievements they've been building on lies will be exposed as non-existent.
Prof. Soludo is a man a respect so much. He made CBN an household name with his consolidation policy, just as GEJ made ordinary Nigerian know the meaning of a strickly economic term as subsidy. I was in the University during the Bank consolidation and it was an interesting subject of debate in Macro and Monetary Economics classes. To me, he is the best CBN Governor we've had. I know you are a seasoned Economist and Policy Maker, but Sir, I never knew you also have killer punchs like thisgringringrin
...you are busy dancing Atilogwu dance at TAN and PDP rallies, struggling to keep your job
That's devastasting. grin
Madam Ngozi, the Economics of Nigeria can be reduced to common sense, if only you can half as honest as Prof. Soludo.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by lawdy: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
Abbott:
I read it all over again.
This is unutterably brutal.

Cathartically, this reminds me of some gruesome coup-de-grace in some Mortal Kombat X trailers on Youtube.
Soludo(Scorpion) splaying the intellectual viscerals of Iweala(Sindel) for the netherworld scavengers to feast on.

Good Lord!
I am still reeling from everything.

SIR you got me reelinng on the floor laughing... Haa hhaaa , 'intellectual viscerals' classic ! grin
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Pennywise(m): 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tranquill:

He is an intelligent crook.

At least he is intelligent. Even you have admitted that much. Unfortunately there is nothing you have said here that suggests he stole anything. On the contrary our over hyped madam's inadequacy has been exposed. She is just as clueless as her employer. Almost 50% devaluation in 1mth in an economy like ours constitutes incompetence that is criminal.

Soludo on account of his standing in the economic world is head and shoulders above the Iweala clan. And no amount of blackmail can undo that.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by xtremely9ja: 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is epic!!! This piece just answered a lot of questions, Like why was this woman performance under Obasanjo so stellar that Nigerians were clamoring for her return and suddenly we cannot see her perform again like it was attributed to her the first time.
So she was just shinning with other peoples star.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by chromoTop: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tranquill:

She is not overrated. Charles Soludo is not her match except in crookedness and deception. She could stay in her fathers house and earn a PhD the same quality as Soludo because her father Prof. Okonjo taught Soludo in UNN up to PhD level. It was this her father that introduced Soludo to her before she lobbied Obasanjo to bring him into his government. Soludo thinks of nobody or anything but Soludo. Full of himself and an ingrate. For him, anything that he could not take credit for, must not succeed. Read carefully what he wrote here and you'll see that the more you look the less you see. He is no match to NOI intellectually and in character. The same way he was fighting and trying to run down his sister inlaw Dora Akunyili until she died.

If you want to know more about Soludo go read El Ruffai's book 'the accidental poblic servant' as well as ask people that have worked closely with him. Forget all the lies and gabbage of getting jobs here and there. He is an intelligent crook.

The man has countered slandering on his character with facts and results, it was for people like you he has included commendations from his employers. who are you to say he is an intelligent crook? are you one of his employers?
Just because he was taught by her father means he has to shut his mouth to this level of economic mismanagement? the way some of you reason is cancerous! I better go look for head helmet. undecided
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

Honestly...the more you point out these issues..the more I feel depressed.

The simple question is......with all these hopelessness...can Nigeria and Nigerians survive another four years of all these?
Unfortunately they will not and the next four years will make the first four years look like a cartoon.By the time these barbarians who have moved from the street corner to the center of the market finish, there will be nothing left to trade.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by mbulela: 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tranquill:

As stated elsewhere, Soludo is a matter that will be treated at another venue. This arena is forth deconstruction of the myth called NOI.
Kindly ignore the messenger and address the points he raised.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by farem: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Okonjo Iwaela is an overrated economist. Truth is all her economic policies makes me to question the kind of training that she received in Havard. I wonder whether her Phd was really earned or it is just another Chieftancy title like her oga. She's a major flop, though Soludo also flopped as CBN boss

CLOSE TO 2 YEARS AGO I WROTE THE POST BELOW ON OKONJO-IWEALA: SOME WERE WILLING TO EAT ME UP OUT OF TRIBAL OR OTHER PRIMORDIAL SENTIMENTS. IT IS NOW CLEAR THAT NOI, WITHOUT A CLUEFUL PRESIDENT LIKE OBASANJO IS MORIBUND AND EMPTY!

Re: Jang Faction Opposes Amaechi’s Faction On Finance Minster’s Sack by farem: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Okonjo-Iweala has become moribund because: 1. Economy growth claim has become only theoretical with nothing to show for it in lives of ordinary nigerians. 2. Despite astronomical increase in earnings, there is no conmesurate increase in infrastructural development. 4. The massive unprecedented looting indicates she is blind or sleeping or has soiled her hands, hence she couldnt raise alarm again! 5. Economic indicators bandied about are but propaganda with no effects. 6. She needs to quit to shove up her global image, you can only work for corruption-free regime, and not innocent-looking squanderer! 7...
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Share)
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by minister2015: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
I have said it b4, thank God the truth is out. NOI might have been manipulating economy's data; SAfrica generates over 40000MW n Nigr generates less than 3000MW, SA is more of manufacturing economy than Nig, but overnight NOI manipulted economy's data n said Nig is Africa's biggest E. NOI should tel us, 1 coun3 that her econmy is thriving with power of less than 3000MW. we r waiting 4 her agreed debate date as the prof challenged her to. #30trillion missing & PWC report is also missing, all under ur watch.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by DisGuy: 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
I bet Sanusi is also itching to get involved-

The King is naked!!! totally loving these articles esp as they are written by a southerner/christain and an independent- lets see what they will say now

Almost every criticism of the present administration has been waved away under religion/tribal sentiments

The King is truely naked!! someone is questioning our Oga Madam with all her world bank credential at last!!

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by 00francis: 5:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Oh wow!
I actually enjoyed reading the whole write up. It was very enlightening... Just hoping Sunusi gives us his own account of what was really going on with the economy.
The debate will be epic...just hope it sees the light of day.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Caseless: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
my oga, soludo nor flopped anything; his antecedent now speak for him. I just realised he achieved more than I thought. If you read everything he wrote, u'd grab ur koboko and flog gej and NOI and gej to stupor. Prof Tam David once said, "the problem with gej is ngozi- he sees her as a genius, but she's not."
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by sadebowale(m): 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
You'll never get the PwC report. It spells terror! I was once an employee of PwC. They'll never reveal such even at this time.

LRNZH:

I had to get a cup of Orange juice o.... No be small issue.
NOI's brain cannot assimilate the Professor's brain dump. See analysis....NOI borrows brains from World Bank.

NOI where is PwC audit report you promised since November 2014?
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
neighbourhud:
Ths is what the MODS should put on FP, not the junks they keep giving us...'Mercy Johnson opened her legs', 'flavour Nabania is Mr sexy', 'Dbanj looking at somebody's yansh', '2face cooking with is wife' RUBBISH!!!

My brother sometimes I wonder if d IQ of some of these Mods is on the negative side. U see completely useless, irrelevant topics that reek of abysmal stupidity, being placed on FP.
Let's just say imagine that
Nairaland = Nigeria,
Seun = President,
Super Mods = Ministers, Governors, etc
Mods = Senators, Head of Govt Bodies, LGA Chairmen, etc

Now u can understand why Nigeria is a f*cked up country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Intercept Another Female Suicide Bomber In Borno / Ernest Shonekan Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today / COVID-19: Governors, Deputies To Be Vaccinated On March 9th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.