Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (11025 Views)

19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) / Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tranquill:

She is not overrated. Charles Soludo is not her match except in crookedness and deception. She could stay in her fathers house and earn a PhD the same quality as Soludo because her father Prof. Okonjo taught Soludo in UNN up to PhD level. It was this her father that introduced Soludo to her before she lobbied Obasanjo to bring him into his government. Soludo thinks of nobody or anything but Soludo. Full of himself and an ingrate. For him, anything that he could not take credit for, must not succeed. Read carefully what he wrote here and you'll see that the more you look the less you see. He is no match to NOI intellectually and in character. The same way he was fighting and trying to run down his sister inlaw Dora Akunyili until she died.

If you want to know more about Soludo go read El Ruffai's book 'the accidental poblic servant' as well as ask people that have worked closely with him. Forget all the lies and gabbage of getting jobs here and there. He is an intelligent crook.

A classical case of "argumentum ad hominem" fallacy that is typical among nairalanders. Spare us the balderdash and counter the hard facts elucidated by the Prof. We don't need history about whose father or ancestor taught him in school. Just counter the facts in a logical civilized manner. Take cues from the Prof. Thank u.

5 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Tranquill: 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

A classical case of "argumentum ad hominem" fallacy that is typical among nairalanders. Spare us the balderdash and counter the hard facts elucidated by the Prof. We don't need history about whose father or ancestor taught him in school. Just counter the facts in a logical civilized manner. Take cues from the Prof. Thank u.

If you actually read the post I commented on, you will understand why I mentioned her father teaching Soludo.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tranquill:

If you actually read the post I commented on, you will understand why I mentioned her father teaching Soludo.

Dodging the argument. Yes I actually read d post. The father-teacher reference is just one of ur ad hominem attacks. That being said, can u counter any of d facts/figures elucidated by d Prof?

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
In all my days on nairaland, I've never seen a politics thread that has this number of sane, intelligent, highly rational commenters (but 2 or 3 e-diots still crept in sha) grin grin grin
This is so different from the bigoted jingoistic vituperations I'm accustomed to reading on NL. As I was scrolling down, I was like "chooooi! Is this nairaland?" grin
I guess d brilliance n transparency of d write-up did well to attract d brilliant minds. The most any bigot can do is engaged in sophistry or ad hominem attacks.
But Prof Soludo u brought ballistic missiles to a knife fight o grin.......overkill

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by shegxi(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
Our leaders can give d devil a run for his money. Imagine dat PWC allegedly submitted d report of d audit to GEJ today. today of all days, a day afta prof soludo carpeted d govt and asked for same report. Who do this people think dat dey are deceiving?
In local parlance we say: witch cry for midnite, pikin die for morning, who no knw say na d witch kill d pikin?
My onli joy is dat soludo/NOI face-off is a classical case of d king's goat eating d yam of d king. If it was a yoruba or an hausa dt wrote d piece, d perfect excuse wuld have bn dat its a tribal/ethnic sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by naijaclinic: 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
I had mental orgasms reading this piece!

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Abbott(m): 1:22am On Feb 03, 2015
This should be on the frontpage already.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 03, 2015
Now I have love for Economic
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by adconline(m): 4:58am On Feb 03, 2015
NOI is a fiscal policy adviser while Soludo is both fiscal and monetary policy adviser and expert. In most developed climes, likes of Soludo are revered; and sway market trends when they make public statements.
NOI has never chaired Open Market Operation meetings. She's never set any interbank rate, mortgage rate, LIBOR rate, interest rate. Soludo, BSc thru PhD, focused most of his works and researches on Naija economy. He's well versed in these areas!

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:06am On Feb 03, 2015
I have a soft spot for NOI, but I think she got careless with the 'oil-theft' kite that really couldn't fly.

I wouldn't say Soludo's rejoinder is not thorough, but some of his comments were quite unnecessary.

Perhaps, if madam had been less personal with her rebuttal, Soludo would have been more civil.

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Crieff(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
I have a soft spot for NOI, but I think she got careless with the 'oil-theft' kite that really couldn't fly.

I wouldn't say Soludo's rejoinder is not thorough, but some of his comments were quite unnecessary.

Perhaps, if madam had been less personal with her rebuttal, Soludo would have been more civil.

On retrsospect, even to readers, it is an overkill. One can almost feel his vain attempts to bridle the currents of his fury.
What's done is done.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by DeeChukwu: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
Chai! Chai! Chai!
What I've learnt so far is never to challenge my superior that knows better than me in the field. This type of punch is the type power mike used to finish his opponents back in the days.
But Prof. please remember that she is still a woman. This type of counterinsurgency tactics can make a mother commit suicide.
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by neighbourhud: 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

After reading your reply, my lost hope on this country was revived. its obvious that his comment lacked the benefit of an intellect and you gave him the perfect reply. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by DisGuy: 2:49am On Feb 04, 2015
Abbott:
This should be on the frontpage already.

Nah, it will attract 'flies'...
Re: FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo by Tranquill: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Dodging the argument. Yes I actually read d post. The father-teacher reference is just one of ur ad hominem attacks. That being said, can u counter any of d facts/figures elucidated by d Prof?

" I insist that over N30 trillion has either been
stolen or unaccounted for, or grossly mismanaged over
the last few years" Soludo.

If Soludo is basing his argument on facts as you claim, why can't he be more specific as to what happened to the money? You think the Nigerian economy will not collapse with this amount of money stolen in the last four years? Unless it includes the money stolen under Obasanjo and Yar'ardua's government of which he was part of but it still doesn't make sense if he can not be more specific.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#osunwest Decides: Mudashir Husain Votes In Ejigbo (Photos) / Jega: 2015 Elections Will Hold In January Or February / APC Bars Dogara, Jibrin From Talking To Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.