Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,390 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... (4038 Views)

We Are Going To Be Very Proud Of Our Country Once Again - Buhari / Another APC Lies Busted (pictorial Evidence Inside) / RE: Spot The Difference Buhari’s UK Trip ;PDP Lies Busted Again . Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by realnaijaa: 5:06am On Feb 02, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
I was shocked when I read in the newspapers that the presidential candidate of APC, General Muhammadu Buhari criticized Jonathan's enviable achievements in education sector. According to the report, he described the new Universities as empty, ill-equipped and poorly staffed,, only for the purpose of winning votes. He even blame Jonathan for failure of students in international examinations like West Africa School Certificate (WASC), the same examination he failed woefully (f9 in mathematics) in 1961 when Jonathan was only four years. In his usual hypocrisy, he refused to mention about 150 almajiri schools in Northern Nigeria and a similar initiatives in the south for school drop-outs.
Though, I don't expect a man whose notable achievements in education sector is..... Abolition of subsidized meals in the Universities, Banned students unionism, Banned ASUU to know the importance of education.
Isn't that foolishness for a man who couldn't build a single classroom either in primary school, secondary school or university to criticize a fellow who constructed brand new Universities, brand new almajiri schools etc?
Without bias, I believe last person to talk about education is Buhari.
many of you just say what you don't really understand.on numerous occasions many Nigerians have called for the scraping of ASUU.this is due to the fact that in most cases ASUU usually claim to fight for the educational sector but in most cases it is just for their pockets and salary/allowance increment while throwing the whole sector into crisis.this as really affected the economy and the quality of graduates. Immediately they resume after strike it is exam on what they have not been taugth. As regards the so-called universities claimed to be created.that are all below standard.while the existing ones have been under perennial underfunding. The new ones are worst.take for instance One of the newest Federal university of Oye.it is new thing to write home about.your claim that he failed maths in not an issue.not all students must pass maths.even in the US.since you brougth up the issue of his failing mathematics you have now accepted he did sat for the exam.many greats did not even have a C in maths.as regards almajiri schools I will say jona tried but more could have still be done. The so-called schools how many are students/pupils attending with the instability been witnessed in the north,morover how many of you have really lived and travelled around the north.150 schools is a pinch. a state like Yobe with a landmass Of almost 2.2 times the entire Southeast 150 schools is peanut.even people that claimed the almajiri schools are special don't really understand what alamjiri is all about. It can be seen as a seminary setting were a male child is sent to for religious study.many of the children you see as almajiri are actually from well to do families.they belief they are training their children in the path of righteousness. Their ustaz provided the religious teaching ,while the children are to fend for themselves this is just like a monk setting.it is a religious mind set. I once had a friend amongst them .the guys dad was a rich and educated person in the society.this was in the north .the boy even had a better mobile phone than most people.I was shocked the day I saw the dad when he came to visit him.do you even know that some of this guys have very elaborate parties when they graduate.many of this almajiris are taken from various parts to another part of the north.
Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by Erhuvwu1: 6:26am On Feb 02, 2015
Bizinton:

Many people do not know that the reason for the establishment of those Universities was for self aggrandizement. If not, tell me why he hurriedly established one of those Universities in his own village Otuoke, less than three months after he became the president of the country.

Education they say is the biggest legacy you can give to a people. GEJ built 14 Federal Universities, out of which one was established in his village. Every right thinking human being would have done same. Obasanjo and Atiku both have private universities, this nobleman built 14 Federal Schools at a time and u Tag it self aggrandizement. Don't forget that Bayelsa now has a Law School and an International Airport which is almost completed, both are not in his village. Thank u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by PhockPhockMan: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2015
Bizinton:

Many people do not know that the reason for the establishment of those Universities was for self aggrandizement. If not, tell me why he hurriedly established one of those Universities in his own village Otuoke, less than three months after he became the president of the country.
For your mind you've commented abi?

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by PhockPhockMan: 9:27am On Feb 02, 2015
Bizinton:
Believe it or not, this Otuoke Fisher Man is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria in recent time.
And the man that destroyed our democracy is what.........?

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by 100Cents: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2015
olas24u:

It is not everybody that must go to the university,The society has placed so much emphasis on that and neglecting technical know how and condemning people that have specialized training like Buhari.The rush you have mentioned is because the system does not identify talents and skills of individual students so that they can go on to what they will do best .But just what society and the parents want.Am telling you about critical skills that are needed to grow a developing country.Brazil and Nigeria were at the same level of development in the past ,How come they build planes now and Nigeria cannot?You are talking of ikole ekiti.How come Brazil is more developed than Nigeria.There as to be a link with work place ,industries and Universities.Our roads are constructed by foreigners ,and you dont think something is wrong ,All highly skilled industries needs in Nigeria are done by foreigners .You talking of ikole ekiti .New universities is not an achievement to be celebrated its A normal thing.Standards to increase output in developing the country is what we are saying .

You are talking about talents and skill. Oga, it is so easy to talk and do nothiing.

Let me help you. Dangote, a revolutionary industrialist didn't get his business skills in a university. Innocent chukwuma, a car manufacturer did not get his businsss skills in a university, maybe based on such examples, you said everybody must not attend university. You may be right or wrong.

Now, If GEJ hadn't built 12 new federal new universities, what would you have proposed him to build so that you will agree that he supported the educational sector ? If you watch the budget of most developed, countries, you will discover that education gets a very huge Chuck of it.

Now if development of education is not what Nigeria needs or is one of our least priorities in the north, what would you have done as President ?

You said, Nigerians don't build planes, can't build roads, did Innocent Chukwuma wait for government of OBJ or GEJ before he started building cars ? What is your personal contribution to ingenuity, invention and industrialization in your country, aside criticisms ?

That is what we keep saying, those who are selling us Buhari, what are his personal achievements in life aside being a former head of state ? NO CERTIFICATE, 150 COWS.

What was his achievements during his regime as former head of state ? ANTICORRUPTION.

Is that really enough to develop Nigeria in the 21st century since you claim Nigeria doesn't need universities ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by 100Cents: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2015
nationwide1:
Still remember how frequent and prolonged strikes were during OBJ regime? He first introduced no work, no pay to coerce lecturers to return to classrooms. Now everyone has suddenly forgotten that.

They have short memories. Between 1998 and 2003, when I was in university, strikes were a biannual event.

Two strikes occur every year. One of such strikes in my third year lasted for 5 months, I got tired of education.

APC, will keep making mouth, GEJ strike, GEJ boko haram. That's because they cannot remember anything.

2 Likes

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by 100Cents: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2015
olas24u:

Building the universities or school is not an achievement ,we have so many universities with lower standards and building new ones do not make sense,merging the universities together and creating a world class university that can compete with schools in the developing world is better than adding to the pool of universities
.Brazil produces planes,Iran produces planes ,India produces the experts that do it are from those Universities contributing to the development of their country.For how long will you train people to carry files and speaking big big english.

This your bolded argument does not hold water..

What should be done when there aren't enough universities to take in the number of young people aspiring for admission every year ?

What will you do differently as minister for Education ?

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 02, 2015
The root of this unwarranted impetus the northerners are portraying is the quota system that has been allocated to them, if not, I don't understand why the likes of buhari will strife in politically in this country.

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by 100Cents: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2015
olas24u:

You are really not getting it right.First of all Brazil had dictatorship at the same time we had dictatorship ,secondly Nigerians cannot construct roads Okay.All the major and huge contracts are handled by Foreigners.With High quality training,You will not need a Lebanese to come all the way from his country to get contracts and employ Nigerians for peanuts. New Universities are not needed in other lands you can have 1 university with affiliated colleges awarding the same degrees with checks to maintain high standards,Not awarding contracts to build buildings without standards.There are examples that have been done before in highly populated countries with results to show.Brazil as 250million people ,India, 1billion ,indonesia 250million with universities and foreigners also coming there to study.How much more Nigeria a country of 170m people .Education must contribute to societal needs and not just having it in front of your name that you have this education.
Buhari was a revolutionist ,he came to stop corruption and spent only 18months,In Nigeria big men don't go to jail,he showed that it was possible to maintain discipline and think about your country first.Do you know what would have happened if we had continued that way. In Ghana The revolution was a successful and they have maintained discipline and hard work

Corruption in Ghana is as rife as it is in Nigeria right now.

Visit the corruption index of countries around the world. For records, the Ghanaian economy is no way better than the Nigerian economy. Listening to Ghana news, their people keep pelting Mahama with names, just like APC pelts GEJ.

In what way is Ghana doing better than Nigeria ? I know you are trying so hard to sell us BUHARI with anti corruption toga.
Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by PhockPhockMan: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2015
100Cents:

They have short memories. Between 1998 and 2003, when I was in university, strikes were a biannual event.

Two strikes occur every year. One of such strikes in my third year lasted for 5 months, I got tired of education.

APC, will keep making mouth, GEJ strike, GEJ boko haram. That's because they cannot remember anything.
Tell them.

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
I was shocked when I read in the newspapers that the presidential candidate of APC, General Muhammadu Buhari criticized Jonathan's enviable achievements in education sector. According to the report, he described the new Universities as empty, ill-equipped and poorly staffed,, only for the purpose of winning votes. He even blame Jonathan for failure of students in international examinations like West Africa School Certificate (WASC), the same examination he failed woefully (f9 in mathematics) in 1961 when Jonathan was only four years. In his usual hypocrisy, he refused to mention about 150 almajiri schools in Northern Nigeria and a similar initiatives in the south for school drop-outs.
Though, I don't expect a man whose notable achievements in education sector is..... Abolition of subsidized meals in the Universities, Banned students unionism, Banned ASUU to know the importance of education.
Isn't that foolishness for a man who couldn't build a single classroom either in primary school, secondary school or university to criticize a fellow who constructed brand new Universities, brand new almajiri schools etc?
...a man who initiated user fees in the education and health sector, a man who enforced the redundancy of a large number of civil servants, a man who cut funds for maintaining infrastructure and equipment, a man who funded inefficient parastatals, a man who made a dent in Nigeria 's budget deficit which declined from 13% of GDP in 1983 to about 3% in 1984 ...Plant closure were widespread...by 1985 the distortions in the economy were pervasive and serious.It indeed is disheartening...pitiful to see apc supporters chant sai Buhari; the same man who with others who put Nigeria in the mess it is today...well he and his supporters may claim he the holy mallam as pure as saint columbus, but he has not what it takes to lead Nigeria, his antecedents have proved it coupled with his politics of boko haram ..well meaning Nigerians say No to Buhari for posterity sake

3 Likes

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by PhockPhockMan: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
...a man who initiated user fees in the education and health sector, a man who enforced the redundancy of a large number of civil servants, a man who cut funds for maintaining infrastructure and equipment, a man who funded inefficient parastatals, a man who made a dent in Nigeria 's budget deficit which declined from 13% of GDP in 1983 to about 3% in 1984 ...Plant closure were widespread...by 1985 the distortions in the economy were pervasive and serious.It indeed is disheartening...pitiful to see apc supporters chant sai Buhari; the same man who with others who put Nigeria in the mess it is today...well he and his supporters may claim he the holy mallam as pure as saint columbus, but he has not what it takes to lead Nigeria, his antecedents have proved it coupled with his politics of boko haram ..well meaning Nigerians say No to Buhari for posterity sake
1000000000000000000 likes.

2 Likes

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by olas24u(f): 11:20am On Feb 02, 2015
[quote author=100Cents post=30352154]

Corruption in Ghana is as rife as it is in Nigeria right now.

Visit the corruption index of countries around the world. For records, the Ghanaian economy is no way better than the Nigerian economy. Listening to Ghana news, their people keep pelting Mahama with names, just like APC pelts GEJ.

In what way is Ghana doing better than Nigeria ? I know you are trying so hard to sell us BUHARI with anti corruption toga.
[/quote
So that is how you have comprehend what i was trying to say.There was a revolution in that country that consumed some leaders .You should be ashamed of comparing Nigeria with Ghana economically.I was talking politically and you want to compare 25 million humans sto 170m Nigerians.The productivity level is different .You should compare us with Brics Or Next 11 countries ,that is where we belong.Try to comprehend please the economy of ghana is not up to Lagos .But they are disciplined.

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by Forwetinnah: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Mbok....Buhari no write WAEC , no one knows him there

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by eastman11: 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
The North should give us An educated, sane and updated leader by 2019 and not a senile living Ancestor.
Its GEJ till 2019.

God punish result forgers.

1 Like

Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by olas24u(f): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
eastman11:
The North should give us An educated, sane and updated leader by 2019 and not a senile living Ancestor.
Its GEJ till 2019.

God punish result forgers.

Hope in 2019 you will not say its the turn of southeast!
Re: Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... by olas24u(f): 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
100Cents:

You are talking about talents and skill. Oga, it is so easy to talk and do nothiing.

Let me help you. Dangote, a revolutionary industrialist didn't get his business skills in a university. Innocent chukwuma, a car manufacturer did not get his businsss skills in a university, maybe based on such examples, you said everybody must not attend university. You may be right or wrong.

Now, If GEJ hadn't built 12 new federal new universities, what would you have proposed him to build so that you will agree that he supported the educational sector ? If you watch the budget of most developed, countries, you will discover that education gets a very huge Chuck of it.

Now if development of education is not what Nigeria needs or is one of our least priorities in the north, what would you have done as President ?

You said, Nigerians don't build planes, can't build roads, did Innocent Chukwuma wait for government of OBJ or GEJ before he started building cars ? What is your personal contribution to ingenuity, invention and industrialization in your country, aside criticisms ?

That is what we keep saying, those who are selling us Buhari, what are his personal achievements in life aside being a former head of state ? NO CERTIFICATE, 150 COWS.

What was his achievements during his regime as former head of state ? ANTICORRUPTION.

Is that really enough to develop Nigeria in the 21st century since you claim Nigeria doesn't need universities ?

In a country of 170million you have just mentioned 2 individuals and contradicting yourself and supporting my argument.Dangote is a monopolist and survived through government policies that are protecting his business.The car manufacturer will not be there in the future say 100 years time because its still a one man business. Bad government policies will threaten the business to close shop or relocate the business.And igbo businesses dont go beyond the okeke and sons till their death.we are talking of a university system that will have a link to societal needs for developments and i just gave some examples of roads .But since you dont get that i will use other examples.When you have a link between the university and industries and society .The impact is job creation for people leaving the university because they will go into jobs waiting for them.Shipping business and marine businesses is dominated by foreigners,Oil and gas exploration is dominated by foreigners .How come the foreigners get the jobs and the owners of the country roam the streets.You need to increase standards and building new ones dont make sense.None of those schools can even compete with schools in some smaller countries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Chris Anyanwu;the Woman Who Passed The Bill That Allows Sex With 11 Year / Photos Of Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Outstanding Section Of Onitsha-enugu Express / I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.