Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari (16513 Views)

APC, Fashola Deny Promising 20,000MW Within Five Years / "PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by kenny987(f): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2015
I was expecting to see laid down plans n a mapping out of how he intends to achieve this...short, mid n long term timelines n goals...not accusation of d present administration. We know GMB/APC see no positive achievement of PDP in all its time in power so what's d way forward? Mere words alone are not enough, it should be backed up with feasible work plans dat we can evaluate
EdwinOse:

When you say you will generate 20,000MW of electricity
you state how you intend to go about that. APC is just interested in bad-mouthing GEJ's administration and to just grab power. Shame!

Exactly my point!

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nicklaus(m): 8:21am On Feb 02, 2015
The annoy thing is that this idiots think Nigerians ll always buy their campaign bullshits ! Someone who probably don't know how to fix a bulb comes out to start making promises of 20000mW in 4 yrs. I m sure he doesn't even know what that means. We really need change in this country, but that ll happen if Nigerians themselves can pick out a tested and competent candidate who can execute official duties efficiently to elect, and not recycling of old illiterate bums to start promising what they don't really understand. God bless the country!
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by onatisi(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2015
These are the same set of promises politicians from all parties have been making since time immemorial. Apc has not shown or proven itself to be different. They have been making promises promises but have not yet told nigerians one workable way by which they will fulfill those promises. This simply shows that apc itself isn't prepared for the task ahead and god forbid they win because they will definitely spend 2 years trying to get themselves together. Ruling a nation like nigeria is more tasking than ruling lagos state .
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 02, 2015
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Kingspin(m): 8:31am On Feb 02, 2015
nedu2000:
the deaths matter na,so you don't feel they can expand their territory?
So you can equally vote for Abubakar Shekau?
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Kingspin(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2015
deejayterabyte:

YOU ARE A FOOL FOR THIS BIG LIE

don't you fear God? angry
Vulture must be better than you. In my state i have 3 power plants almost completed.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by 3kay945(m): 8:38am On Feb 02, 2015
bxcode:

Just listen to yourself, the corruption hindering the positive development in power sector will be curbed, curbed by who Buhari, Tinubu and the rest of the incorruptible saints in APC I guess, may God have mercy on the way we reason at times.

Since Jonathan is ball less and sees stealing not as corruption. I shouldn't be surprised if his supporters are blind to seeing good at others.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by 3kay945(m): 8:42am On Feb 02, 2015
onatisi:
These are the same set of promises politicians from all parties have been making since time immemorial. Apc has not shown or proven itself to be different. They have been making promises promises but have not yet told nigerians one workable way by which they will fulfill those promises. This simply shows that apc itself isn't prepared for the task ahead and god forbid they win because they will definitely spend 2 years trying to get themselves together. Ruling a nation like nigeria is more tasking than ruling lagos state .

According to you, all parties have been making promises and failed then you can't judge APC at the federal level without trying them out first.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by erunz(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2015
apc can lie, later they will come and refute their lies
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2015
GBAM!!! We'll teach d clueless kleptos HOW THINGS R DONE! #change!
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Acidosis(m): 8:47am On Feb 02, 2015
Lol

I hope he will monitor and supervise the power lines and cables, transformers and metres so the clueless APC folks can't enjoy 24 hour/day electricity? grin grin
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Eluala(m): 8:48am On Feb 02, 2015
Only a delusional individual or a complete nitwit, who obviously do not understand how engineering projects work will say things like these. You will generate 20,000 MW in 4 year say you be God? Maybe Buhari will just say 'let there be light and there it will be'. Bunch of illiterates celebrating gross incompetence in the name of politics.

Do you k now how much it costs to finance a 650 MW thermal power plant? Do you you know how long it takes to even complete the conceptual design and FEED for for one? One of the best plants in this country was designed and built by Shell in Afam to generate 650 MW some years ago after political arm twisting from OBJ, go and investigate how long it took to start and complete the turbine cycles talk less of the gas receiving and processing facility, which is critical for providing the gas for firing the plant. I was part of the team to do the Petroleum Engineering studies for Okoloma NAG PROJECT for firing AFAM VI. I'm not a politician but this claim is as unrealistic as it gets. It is total hogwash.

Mind you I am a professional Engineer and not a GEJ fan.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by 3kay945(m): 8:52am On Feb 02, 2015
Nicklaus:
The annoy thing is that this idiots think Nigerians ll always buy their campaign bullshits ! Someone who probably don't know how to fix a bulb comes out to start making promises of 20000mW in 4 yrs. I m sure he doesn't even know what that means. We really need change in this country, but that ll happen if Nigerians themselves can pick out a tested and competent candidate who can execute official duties efficiently to elect, and not recycling of old illiterate bums to start promising what they don't really understand. God bless the country!

You sound pained. Are politicians not all the same when it comes to making promises
It pained you because Buhari said it abi?
#Buhari/Osinbajo
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by densil(m): 8:52am On Feb 02, 2015
familiar lie ;Dfamiliar lie
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Manred0(m): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2015
Dat is realistic now. Not somebody to come and tell us h'll give us 100,000MW.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 02, 2015
Lol. The devil is a lie
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by kinzation(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] Here dy r again wit deir promises...ltr dm go sell m to anoda private companies....m tired of fake promises..beta to go ashawo aoz dn vote dt dae jawe
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by onatisi(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2015
3kay945:

According to you, all parties have been making promises and failed then you can't judge APC at the federal level without trying them out first.
you didn't quite get me correctly. What I am trying to say is politicians and parties make promises without telling nigerians how they intend to fulfill them. We can't allow a party to get their and destablize what is already been establsihed. The best way to win voters over is to give them an articulate and well thought out strategy about how you intend to tackle the problems facing the nation. 20k mw is just not possible within 4 years. And if it is possible ,buhari should tell us how much will be needed to revamp the power sector,where he intends to get the funds in this time of low oil prices,how many years the projects will take?these are some common issues that should be addressed. Gej has an edge here because he is there already and knows what is going on. If u want to prove to voters that u are better then u just have to table out ur plans to people. But in buhari case ,it is even on record that he doesn't know the nation national budget,because if he did ,he won't be promising 1.3 trillion naira which is more than one third of our budget as allowances for youths.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by criminalmindz: 9:14am On Feb 02, 2015
LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES . WE NIGERIANS ARE NOT MUMU, OUR EYES DON OPEN. GEJ TILL 2025

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by mayowaakinyemi: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2015
I will, I will, I will with no plan of how it will be done. at least somebody promised and is making progress amidst all the very many distractions, I believe in only very true sayings, "critics never make good leaders" all they can do and know how to do is pull down, the don't know how to build up, that is why they can never commend someone on progress so far. A person that runs down and makes a mockery of others effort is not only wicked but lacks understanding. #NO2BUhari #GEJ4Naija #GEJ4Naija_u

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by infinitty(m): 9:15am On Feb 02, 2015
ok we have heard you sir but we will not vote for you. Oga You can't use mouth to put fish in your soup
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by tolustx(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2015
Oklander:
we can't wait!
If China can build 22000mw with $25billion and Naija since the time of pdp spent about $35billion till date with just 3000plus megawatts to show for it, then everything is wrong. Corruption has finished us. Yet, we have a C in C that "idiotically" believes and said "stealing is not corruption", isn't this wickedness!. Smh.

#Vote out cluelessness.
I don't think u read d post at all. If u did, u'll see dat there's no mention of how much electricity he(buari) wants to generate, how he's gonna go abt it, and stuffs like dat. U think say electricity generation na like lucking orange ni. This guy has no genda at all. Open ur eyes!!!
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by geezzzyy(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2015
Oklander:
we can't wait!
If China can build 22000mw with $25billion and Naija since the time of pdp spent about $35billion till date with just 3000plus megawatts to show for it, then everything is wrong. Corruption has finished us. Yet, we have a C in C that "idiotically" believes and said "stealing is not corruption", isn't this wickedness!. Smh.

#Vote out cluelessness.

Trust me, things are changing.
Note that:
1. Massive funds were looted and massively mismanaged before privatisation.
2. There was serious complacency amongst workers before privatisation. I currently work in a thermal power plant, we were generating less than 60MW before privatisation, now we are generating about 200MW.
3. Most of the components, equipments, parts and even engineering personnel are imported from China. So naturally, we'll spend more money per MW.
4) the gas supply to our stations in Nigeria is still very unstable. The pipes are constantly being vandalised.
5) we need more generating stations and GEJ's administration has already started construction of several others.
6) the transmission and distribution systems are not at the state they should be. However, the private companies are doing their bit to over haul the system.

I'm not a PDP person. However, I believe changing GEJ at this time will be a big mistake. The power sector will get better very soon under him.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Krasid(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2015
LIES, LIES EVERYWHERE.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by fandango: 9:39am On Feb 02, 2015
msmon:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-well-deliver-20000mw-four-years/
well nation newpaper is own by apc,so am nt expecting anything positve about goodluck. Gej till 2019 til FFK leaves you buhari alone.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by abouzaid: 9:39am On Feb 02, 2015
lion042:
Story for the gods
he told what he will do without telling us how he will do it and that makes him another lying politician. 20,000 is about ten times our current output as of this morning and he wants to achieve it in 4yrs. only a fool would believe him
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by nedu2000(m): 9:48am On Feb 02, 2015
Kingspin:
So you can equally vote for Abubakar Shekau?
God forbid,but get my point,besides I don't think GEJ is doing enough to squash the terrorists,maybe its 'cause he's a boko haram member who knows?
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2015
old man just dey yarn dust
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by jdilight(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2015
msmon:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-well-deliver-20000mw-four-years/

Only promises.

How do you intend to deliver of these promises. Come and tell us in the debate.
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by deygar: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2015
Story story...
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 02, 2015
ogene007:
I can see why you got F9 in mathematics, if we are to go by your 'oluwole' WASC result. Buhari is unrelenting with his bogus promises without telling us how he wishes to achieve this. Please, not all nigerians are cattle rearers, a lot of us have gone to proper schools and acquired proper degrees, so save that crap for your deluded followers. GEJ till 2019.
did u sit and write waec yourself? did u write your exams well without sorting lecturer to pass you, what did u graduate with? i know u will pick offense with this post but inside u u knows the truth, he who have no stain should b the first to stone
Re: We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari by sanabe: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2015
lolll vote for CHANGE

#TeamGMB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial / Adeyanju Deji Wants To Dump PDP? / NUPENG Confirms Massive Loading Of Petrol At Depots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.