Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) (3638 Views)

What The Constitution Says About The Civilian Wearing The Military Uniform / Civilian JTF Reveal The Real Flag Of Shekau Rumoured To Have Been Captured(pics) / Prison Warder Attacks The Nation, AIT Reporters (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by LRNZH(m): 6:14am On Feb 02, 2015
[b]In today’s attacks the Civilian-JTF got all the praise for gathering in their thousands (totaling over 30,000) and being the determinant force that blocked the Boko Haram invasion. Borno state governor Shettima has commended the brave and patriotic youth.

While Civilian-JTF fighters from Gidari-Polo were stopped by the military from crossing the trenches around Maiduguri at Gidari in pursuit of Boko Haram fleeing terrorists, the Civilian-JTF volunteers from Gwange did not heed the advice of the military and over 2000 volunteers armed with local guns and swords crossed the trenches in pursuit of Boko Haram terrorists, killing many and capturing three while also capturing and destroying several APCs and other lethal weapons of the terrorists.

We ask, why is the Nigerian military aggressively maintaining a defensive posture; always allowing the terrorist the advantage of coordinated attacks, in spite of adequate warning and visual sightings of terrorist formations?

Locals have mentioned that the Chadian forces have the same weapons as the Nigerian army yet are able to decisively defeat Boko Haram insurgents in coordinated land and air attacks.
[/b]

Jonathan Fails to Praise, Support Civilian-JTF
It is quite disturbing that for the three years of the existence of the Civilian-JTF, who have undeniably been existential in the defense of communities in Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and environs and who have continued to make the ultimate sacrifice of laying down their lives to defend the integrity of Nigeria, the Jonathan presidency has failed to acknowledge, commend and support these brave patriots.

Nigeria’s Chief of Defense, Air Chief Alex Badeh in September of last year promised to convert them into a “professional fighting force,” but far from this, the Civilians have not even been commended honorably by the Nigerian government, talk less supported. These brave patriots receive all the help they can get from locals and struggling organizations like ours.

We solicit the Nigerian government immediately make available the funds for rehabilitation of the north raised last August to the affected people and the brave fighting youth.

We also implore the Nigerian government immediately work through the army to safely arm these youth to defend their communities and wage decisive wars to defeat these terrorists who have continued to embarrass the nation and lead to unthinkable deaths and losses of property and livelihood in the billions of naira.

The Civilian-JTF can and are doing more than helping. They have been the line between victory and total defeat. It is time to support them.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1vSbdtJLlAs/VM6p9A7NitI/AAAAAAAEbCw/acs2B7q3DUw/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-L1ENQh27vHI/VM6p91Kl1GI/AAAAAAAEbC4/52ygdtzXTM4/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-zV6KKMdSVc8/VM6rmJ1z2EI/AAAAAAAEbDE/GQEP5GTdRwQ/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-lDMWsE0saZg/VM6rmQsXmDI/AAAAAAAEbDI/qE3KCXfOdH0/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-IEK_rvQ96Ig/VM6rnMLLO2I/AAAAAAAEbDU/WvTPCNphfPU/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-sJmqO_YPBr8/VM6rn6e_d2I/AAAAAAAEbDc/crMcJyxGrX8/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

Photos: Maina Kachallah @am280mag., via LindaIkeji

Dr. Peregrino Brimah; http://ENDS.ng [Every Nigerian Do Something]
Email: drbrimah@ends.ng
Twitter: @EveryNigerian

http://newsrescue.com/alert-boko-haram-regroups-new-maiduguri-attack-appeal-fgn-support-civilian-jtf/#ixzz3QYqdE6DH

4 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by herald9: 6:28am On Feb 02, 2015
The civilians are the ones really suffering from these insurgency... that's why they're giving their best in the hope that this menace might end soon...

ironically, it seems the military are actually enjoying this... how could they allow them to flee in order to regroup and attack again... when they could easily outrun them and put an end to their miserable lives...

something is not right.

8 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by Vicotex(m): 6:33am On Feb 02, 2015
iF buhari see these pics now, his BP go rise .

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by segzyj(m): 6:37am On Feb 02, 2015
G
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by ORACLE1975(m): 7:24am On Feb 02, 2015
Weldon guys
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by macpetrus(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2015
Kudos to JTF..
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by benuejosh: 7:41am On Feb 02, 2015
more grease to your elbow. this is what the clueless president should have done, it is his constitutional obligation aand obligation to protect the citizen of the country yet he is living the security issues in the hands of its own citizens who are in turn providing security for themselves and he still expect this people to vote him in again. it doesnt work that way. aallowing the innocent and handicapped citizens to protect themselves. by febuhari it will be a new turn. but if he insists then there is going to be a revolution in nigeria. at this point in time i dont mind laying down my life for the betterment of the upcoming or future generation.. more grace to your efforts. civilian JTF

2 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by MalcoImX: 8:00am On Feb 02, 2015
Men it was really some courageous acts. There was a time when the nearly 20,000 crowd (mostly youths) with local guns, bows and arrows, and other assorted weapons insisted on meeting the BH boys head-on. At a certain time they were so annoyed that it was the soldiers that were begging them to go back. Even with that some crossed the lines, giving the BH hot pursuit into the bush.
|
Mehn, I tell you nobody dare these heroes. These are dudes ready to defend their families and territory and wouldn't listen to anything contrary.

5 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by AustineE1: 8:02am On Feb 02, 2015
benuejosh:
more grease to your elbow. this is what the clueless president should have done, it is his constitutional obligation aand obligation to protect the citizen of the country yet he is living the security issues in the hands of its own citizens who are in turn providing security for themselves and he still expect this people to vote him in again. it doesnt work that way. aallowing the innocent and handicapped citizens to protect themselves. by febuhari it will be a new turn. but if he insists then there is going to be a revolution in nigeria. at this point in time i dont mind laying down my life for the betterment of the upcoming or future generation.. more grace to your efforts. civilian JTF
which security are you talking of,this security situation some northern elites like Buhari contributed by their unguided utterances,actions and inactions,which has now put us in this mess,or the same Nigerian army which was long filled with Islamist moles who are sympathetic with Boko haram by GMB and other past military head,in the quest to fill the military with their people.Now we are paying the price of years of nepotism by this man who is calling for 'Change'.....mind you,nobody is interested in ur so called revolutn,many are rather tired of this contraption called Nigeria,we may need to move apart and develop at our own pace.God bless Nigeria for now that we are still together. Kudos to civilian JTF and the Nigerian military,may their bones never wither,as the struggle to correct the mistakes of our past leaders.

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by MalcoImX: 8:02am On Feb 02, 2015
Vicotex:
iF buhari see these pics now, his BP go rise .
Take your anti-Buhari pastime to the Tanists.

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by CyberTerrorist: 8:04am On Feb 02, 2015
Another Jweeeds thread angry

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by sucreblazing(m): 8:05am On Feb 02, 2015
in skales voice .....is okyyyy

When I was a teacher I worked my transfer to
China to continue teaching there because I
heard they pay teachers well there. The first day
I entered class, I began by calling register. I said,
Sheng! A student answered, Present! I called the
second name, Chu Muon. Another student
answered, Present! Suddenly, I sneezed, Hatchia!
One student seated at the corner stood up and
answered, Present! I exclaimed, Hmmmm…! All
the student shouted, Absent! I got confused and
yelled at them, Shaa… Three students stood up
and asked, Who among the three of us? I got
more confused and asked, What is wrong? A
student stood up and said, Sir, I’m not Wrong,
I’m called Wong. I laughed, Hahahaha! A girl
said, Present sir! (I came closer to find out what
was happening). As I moved, my pen fell on the
table and made a sound, Ping chung chong! One
boy got up and answered, Present sir! I got
more confused, frustrated, and ran back to
Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by wheesin(m): 8:07am On Feb 02, 2015
its kinda of risky...take it like this

monkey needs banana.. u give it banana and it turns against you undecided
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by Vicotex(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Take your anti-Buhari pastime to the Tanists.
if e dey pain you, Abeg go drink panadol
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by helinues: 8:13am On Feb 02, 2015
Kudos to both civilian JTF and Nigeria army. Whether you are APC or PDP, let us join hand together to flush this boko boys out of our community, out of our state above all, out of our country

2 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by benuejosh: 8:16am On Feb 02, 2015
AustineE1:
which security are you talking of,this security situation some northern elites like Buhari contributed by their unguided utterances,actions and inactions,which has now put us in this mess,or the same Nigerian army which was long filled with Islamist moles who are sympathetic with Boko haram by GMB and other past military head,in the quest to fill the military with their people.Now we are paying the price of years of nepotism by this man who is calling for 'Change'.....mind you,nobody is interested in ur so called revolutn,many are rather tired of this contraption called Nigeria,we may need to move apart and develop at our own pace.God bless Nigeria for now that we are still together.
you are making me see reasons and believe buhari is the cause of insecurity in nigeria. hope you can bring proofs if called upon to justify your claims.
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by MalcoImX: 8:20am On Feb 02, 2015
Vicotex:
if e dey pain you, Abeg go drink panadol
Pains you more since yo always seeing Buhari in your dreams and under your bed.
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by Vicotex(m): 8:23am On Feb 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Pains you more since yo always seeing Buhari in your dreams and under your bed.
I know you hate to see progress.
Thats why development will always distance itself from your kind

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by AustineE1: 8:36am On Feb 02, 2015
benuejosh:
you are making me see reasons and believe buhari is the cause of insecurity in nigeria. hope you can bring proofs if called upon to justify your claims.
thankGod you are beginning to see reasons with me,Buharis indictment is boldly written all over the wall and its easier for you buharists to accuse our amiable and vibrant president GEJ of just anything but wld always want to protect the illiterate extremist GMB.from ur name 'benue josh',i assume you are from Benue state and i think you shld rather sacrifice your life protecting Benue state from Buharis rampageous tribe men,known as Fulani gun men,who has been raiding,marauding and despoilaging Benue state.Young man,watch your backyard,God bless the good people of Nigeria.
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by MalcoImX: 8:42am On Feb 02, 2015
Vicotex:
I know you hate to see progress.
Thats why development will always distance itself from your kind
I may as well revert to the age of the dinosaurs.
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by benuejosh: 8:58am On Feb 02, 2015
AustineE1:
thankGod you are beginning to see reasons with me,Buharis indictment is boldly written all over the wall and its easier for you buharists to accuse our amiable and vibrant president GEJ of just anything but wld always want to protect the illiterate extremist GMB.from ur name 'benue josh',i assume you are from Benue state and i think you shld rather sacrifice your life protecting Benue state from Buharis rampageous tribe men,known as Fulani gun men,who has been raiding,marauding and despoilaging Benue state.Young man,watch your backyard,God bless the good people of Nigeria.
i know where you coming from and where you going to. i asked a question but you are almost trying to evade it. am grown enough to take decision, so dont try to persuade me to your camp. am not supporting any one. and i have my reasons. jonathan has done nothing for me i.e benue state as a whole rather benue is in it worst form. if you so claim buhari autterances are some of the factors to which has given rise to security challenges in the country then jonathan as a president and chief commander of the federation why has he not arrested buhari? because he has all it takes to do that. why is he allowing the security issues in the country to continue when he has the constitutional powers to end insecurity in the country. that was were i took off from, why will jonathan not protect the citizen of the country, he took the oath of office which in it was a promise to protect the citizens of the country. why is jonathan not protecting the citizens rather allowing the defenseless citizens to take up arms in self defense. what do you think brings about revolution? these are some of the reasons. what jonathan has done is what i refer to as breach of alligence. instead of bringing up issues of buhari caused the security challenges nigeria is facing. if buhari caused it why is jonathan not ending it as the commander in chief of the arm forces and president of the federal republic of nigeria. i owe him no support but rather pray for him for long life.

2 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by LRNZH(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2015
benuejosh:
i know where you coming from and where you going to. i asked a question but you are almost trying to evade it. am grown enough to take decision, so dont try to persuade me to your camp. am not supporting any one. and i have my reasons. jonathan has done nothing for me i.e benue state as a whole rather benue is in it worst form. if you so claim buhari autterances are some of the factors to which has given rise to security challenges in the country then jonathan as a president and chief commander of the federation why has he not arrested buhari? because he has all it takes to do that. why is he allowing the security issues in the country to continue when he has the constitutional powers to end insecurity in the country. that was were i took off from, why will jonathan not protect the citizen of the country, he took the oath of office which in it was a promise to protect the citizens of the country. why is jonathan not protecting the citizens rather allowing the defenseless citizens to take up arms in self defense. what do you think brings about revolution? these are some of the reasons. what jonathan has done is what i refer to as breach of alligence. instead of bringing up issues of buhari caused the security challenges nigeria is facing. if buhari caused it why is jonathan not ending it as the commander in chief of the arm forces and president of the federal republic of nigeria. i owe him no support but rather pray for him for long life.

This is clarity exemplified.
Agaba123. Come and read your brother's sincere assertions. GEJ is CinC. If he can't arrest anyone that is a security threat to Nigerians, he doesn't deserve to be there.

2 Likes

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by Hollawaley(m): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2015
Kudos to them soldiers,jtf,the hunters/vigilante for saving our dear state thumbs up
Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by apcmustwin(f): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2015
what exactly is our useless govt doing for us gaan self.

We provide our light..... I better pass my neighbour, inverter, generator things

we provide our water...... borehole things

we provide our education...... private schools and universities things.

we produce all but buy it at d most expensive price..

Even security, our barbed wire fences no do again.....na vigilante sure pass. So what exactly are we benefiting from these our useless leaders?

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2015
AustineE1:
which security are you talking of,this security situation some northern elites like Buhari contributed by their unguided utterances,actions and inactions,which has now put us in this mess,or the same Nigerian army which was long filled with Islamist moles who are sympathetic with Boko haram by GMB and other past military head,in the quest to fill the military with their people.Now we are paying the price of years of nepotism by this man who is calling for 'Change'.....mind you,nobody is interested in ur so called revolutn,many are rather tired of this contraption called Nigeria,we may need to move apart and develop at our own pace.God bless Nigeria for now that we are still together. Kudos to civilian JTF and the Nigerian military,may their bones never wither,as the struggle to correct the mistakes of our past leaders.

My friend, what are you talking about?
Which these leaders are saddle with responsibility of Nigeria's security?
Which among them is the C in C and was sworn to protect this country and how have they failed in their assigned security responsibility?
What unguarded (not unguided) statements?
Oh! I see, you mean 'Boko Haram are our siblings' by your clueless president?

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2015
Jonathan is Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) by CaptainAmerica1: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
benuejosh:

Rev. Mbaka also said this. It's obvious Buhari isn't behind anything but PDP are using it as propaganda so those who have sentiments will believe.

(1) (Reply)

Evidence That Amaechi Is Sponsoring APC (picture) / David Mark Set To Decamp To APC / You Were VP Africa Region; CNBC Replies Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.