Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

February 14: Between The Crippled And The Blind - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / February 14: Between The Crippled And The Blind (949 Views)

Prince Ezeakonobi Madumere Buys Wheelchair For A Crippled Man In Owerri (Photos) / Governor Umahi Gives N500K To Crippled Man Brutalized By Soldiers. Photo / Picture Of The Crippled Man That Was Beaten By Soldiers In Onitsha (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

February 14: Between The Crippled And The Blind by bolakale30(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
In what is without doubt not worthy of News headline (and as a matter of fact, nobody’s business), I have been rather apolitical as far as the February polls is concerned, my seemingly unpatriotism is singularly due to the fact that the popular choices of Dr Goodluck Jonathan and General Muhammad Buhari (rtd) is strictly speaking an uneasy one that can be likened to choosing between the crippled and the blind. In what might come as a rude shock to the supporters of both candidates; both are misfits and are not the change the country urgently seeks. The fact that the two of them are the best we could produce speaks volume for the dearth of qualitative leadership in the country.
Most Nigerians suffer from partial amnesia; we are quick to forget the past transgression of our leaders, a whopping 90% of Nigerians will gladly have President Jonathan’s head on the platter after the subsidy removal fiasco of two years ago, but all seemed to have changed as sections of these same set of people are still clamouring for the continuity of the current administration. Our president went on air to commit the father of all goofs by admitting that “stealing is not corruption”, the level of corruption perpetrated under the current administration is nothing short of legendary (Farooq-gate, Odua-gate, Subsidy scam, missing $20 billion naira, depleted foreign reserves, Immigration job to name a few), an administration guilty of these crimes does not deserve a second term. The sadder news however, is neither is General Buhari the anti-corruption puritan he is being advertised as, a saint that courts the friendship of Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu, Abubakar Atiku, cannot be completely trusted, and for those shouting “we will vote Buhari and not APC” well, a small rewind into 2011 will suffice as many Nigerians voted Goodluck Ebele Jonathan; the man who had no shoes, and not PDP. Fast forward to 2015, we cannot even distinguish Paul from Barnabas. Bottom-line; the sheep that dines with the dog will eat faeces.
On the night of 14th-15th of April 2014, 276 schoolgirls were abducted from Chibok, a small village in north-eastern Nigeria by the dreaded Boko Haram sect; a fact that was initially denied by the federal government of Nigeria, it took days for the presidency to finally admit the kidnapping of the girls, and it’s almost a year since this unfortunate mishap, over 90% of these girls are still with the sect. The Jonathan-led administration has arguably ceased all efforts to rescue the poor girls, is this the same man we want to give our mandate for the next four years? General Muhammad Buhari is no doubt an elder statesman, having ruled the country before albeit, during a military regime, however, what has he done to abate the scourge of the Boko Haram menace in his region of the country? Because frankly speaking, members of the Boko Haram sects are not ghosts, they have wives, cousins, nieces, what role has he played to bring relative peace to the troubled area, can we trust a man who made inciting speech post-2011 elections that led to the death of many corps members? I don’t think so.
While Dr. Jonathan Ebele Goodluck has no doubt made mockery of his Ph.D, can we trust a relatively less educated man, who promised to stabilise the prices of crude oil in the international market to lead us?
Conclusively, this article is not in any way out to promote or defame any personality, rather it’s just a wake-up call and a quasi-prophecy, because “the fact that humans have failed to learn from the lessons of History is the greatest of all the lessons that History has to teach”. So obtain your PVC, vote for whomever your conscience feels is the MOST suitable, in other news I still regret voting for Jonathan in 2011.

KHALES DRAWS TREE DIAGRAM FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF FIRST CHOICE AND THE NATION'S PRIDE
Re: February 14: Between The Crippled And The Blind by kay10: 10:02am On Feb 06, 2015
Bola,pls kindly send me your email address,i need to discuss an urgent matter with u.my email is kayodeworld@gmail.com
Re: February 14: Between The Crippled And The Blind by bolakale30(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2022
kay10:
Bola,pls kindly send me your email address,i need to discuss an urgent matter with u.my email is kayodeworld@gmail.com

hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

It Will Be Too Bad If INEC Compromises And Postpone The Elections – Buhari / INSIDE STORY: FFK On Al Jazeera / Nigerians Warn Jonathan, Military Against Media Clampdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.