Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi (14411 Views)

$43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi / Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Pheals(f): 6:50am On Feb 05, 2015
THE Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, said on Wednesday that corruption would disappear from Nigeria if the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), emerged the winner of the February 14 presidential election.

Amaechi specifically stated that Buhari would instil discipline and uprightness on corrupt public officials in the country should he win the forthcoming poll.

The Director General of Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, who made this remark while swearing in nine permanent secretaries at the Government House in Port Harcourt, pointed out that Nigerians were tired of the Peoples Democratic Party leadership under President Goodluck Jonathan and needed a change.

Amaechi added that no matter the lies told by the leadership of the PDP, Nigerians were interested in the improvement in the country’s affairs.

“We were sharing some discussions in the bus in the cause of our campaign. The President and the PDP never knew that there will be a time like this in Nigeria when Nigerians will be asking for change, not because of the APC or Amaechi but because they are tired of what is going on.

“No matter the lies you tell, Nigerians just want change; any type of change they want it. It could be change for the better, it could be change even for the worse but they certainly want change,” the governor stressed.

Amaechi, however, charged the newly sworn-in permanent secretaries to see their appointment as a call to service delivery and ensure that they were not on the wrong side of history.

He observed that in the past, permanent secretaries were not corrupt but upright, adding that currently, some of those occupying similar positions had landed property everywhere.

The governor urged the new permanent secretaries to resign if they were not ready to serve, maintaining that their current position came with challenges.

Amaechi said, “Don’t be one of those permanent secretaries that history will have on the wrong side of the society. If you don’t want to serve, please, resign because it comes with challenges.

“Just imagine the days when J. E. Amadi was a permanent secretary. Now permanent secretaries have houses everywhere, estates they have built for themselves and are busy sharing money.

“You better change because the Buhari government will force change on everybody. I hope you listened to him (Buhari); he is not talking about Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, he said there are rules of the civil service.

“If we obey those rules, corruption will seize. If we all run government by those rules, then we will have a better country. Let me congratulate you on behalf of the state government.”

Those sworn in by the governor are Amieyefori Joseph, Marcus Anga, Samuel Egbe and Dagogo Heart. Others are Mrs. A. E. Petito, Augustine Orlu Orlu, Sam Woka, Kingsley Hart and Mrs. Ibaniba Abella Briggs
www.punchng.com/news/corruptionll-disappear-if-buhari-wins-says-amaechi/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by SeverusSnape(m): 6:52am On Feb 05, 2015
“You better change because the Buhari government will force change on everybody"
This got me laughing grin
Change by force!
Starting with Tinubu, Atiku and you noise maker (Amaechi).
Bunch of thieving Anti kworuftion crusaders. grin

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Pheals(f): 6:54am On Feb 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Starting with Tinubu
they wil be working together now

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by stebell(m): 6:55am On Feb 05, 2015
And if Buhari is defeated again for the fourth tym, he himself will disappear rite.

Vote GEJ/Sambo till 2019 for Fresher Transformation.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by orobs93(m): 6:55am On Feb 05, 2015
The bible says no not one,
There is no harm in changing from a good person to a bad person...our leaders have eating us so deep dat we don't even believe anything positive can happen in our country..why will u choose the devil you know over the angel u don't know,does dat make any sense?
Why would you choose somebody who sees nothing wrong in people stealing public funds,why would you choose somebody who has refused to return the 1000 naira of our youths?why would you choose somebody who freed alameseiga and bode gorge?
As for me I am a christian I have weighed. Both of them and their loop holes and I have decided to vote buhari...I know and believe those for buhari are by far enough to give us victory.

22 Likes

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by clevvermind(m): 6:56am On Feb 05, 2015
when the thief tinubu is there? when tinubu's blood is corruption? unless you want to change his blood. grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by EmoBoy(m): 6:58am On Feb 05, 2015
After chopping rivers state money for fourteen years, its now you want to repent abi?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by SeverusSnape(m): 6:59am On Feb 05, 2015
Pheals:
they wil be working together now
Don't mind the thieves...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 05, 2015
In politics, If Amaechi says yes, who can say no...nobody. Not even Oga Jona

11 Likes

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Vicotex(m): 7:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Amechi don drink that buhari kunu wey dem mix with kai-kai that's why he dey spew trash.

Hahahahahhaha, wonders shall never end.
The other day I read bout Tinubu demanding for OIL WELLS from thesame buhari they call anti-corruption.

A- Amechi
P- Problems
C- Continues.

GEjtill 2019

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by SeverusSnape(m): 7:01am On Feb 05, 2015
clevvermind:
when the thief tinubu is there? when tinubu's blood is corruption? unless you want to change his blood. grin
Chai!... That man Is corruption personified.
With his eyes like touch light. cheesy

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by clevvermind(m): 7:02am On Feb 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:

This got me laughing grin
Change by force!
Starting with Tinubu, Atiku and you noise maker.
abeg those guys cannot change. they are already making noise about oil wells and all that.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by clevvermind(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Chai!... That man Is corruption personified.
With his eyes like touch light. cheesy
grin grin the guy nor dey use eye see oil well or money o.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by SeverusSnape(m): 7:07am On Feb 05, 2015
clevvermind:
abeg those guys cannot change. they are already making noise about oil wells and all that.
Never!... They will never!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 7:08am On Feb 05, 2015
So, Amaechi will go to jail?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by SeverusSnape(m): 7:10am On Feb 05, 2015
clevvermind:
grin grin the guy nor dey use eye see oil well or money o.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2015
I just dey laugh.. People never know who burhari really be..

Buhari is a wolf in sheep clothing.

By the way, he no go win.

GEJ TILL 2019!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2015
Buhari is the man!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Trending(m): 7:12am On Feb 05, 2015
OK
Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2015
amaechi enjoy ur dreams it's good for ur health......hediots I pity the square root of ur life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2015
No it won't....for the simple reason that too many Nigerians benefit from it.

One of the interesting things about the James Ibori case was not the fact of his corruption....but that when EFCC came to arrest him a second time, they found their route blocked by hundreds of Mr Ibori's fellow citizens.....despite the fact that the money Mr Ibori stole was their money

A hypothetical Buhari presidency trying to get some corrupt officials arrested will suddenly find out that in a democracy....sometimes the law is on the ''wrong'' side.

6 Likes

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Kingstaplus(m): 7:12am On Feb 05, 2015
Rubbish angry
Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by NaLaugh: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2015
Story
Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by pekeyim: 7:13am On Feb 05, 2015
Ameachi and Thifnubu

Adonbelieveit

Ameachi there is corruption in UK, US,
How will it disappear?

Like the. PTF Money?? By APC??

Abeg oh,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by upcrown2512(m): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2015
When President Olusegun Obasanjo was in power
we spent 300 billion per year on the fuel subsidy.
Under the administration of President Goodluck
Jonathan it shot up to 1.3 trillion naira in the last
one year alone.
▶Can someone please explain to me how it got
so high in 4 years and what exactly they were
subsidising with the extra one trillion naira?
■When the Obasanjo government left power in
2007 the country was no longer in debt and the 30
billion dollar foreign debt that Obasanjo met when
he came to power in 1999 was fully paid off.
Today, under the administration of Jonathan, our
country is back in debt to the tune of 41 billion
dollars (both foreign and domestic) and we are still
borrowing.
▶Can someone please tell me what the loans
were used for and whether we will ever be able to
pay them off?
■Foreign reserve nko? # Depleted .
▶Can someone please tell me where all the
money went?
■When the Obasanjo administration left power in
2007 23 billion dollars was left in the Excess Crude
Account after he built it up from nothing in 1999.
Today we do not have one dollar left in that
account because the money has been squandered
and the account scrapped.
▶Can someone explain to me who spent that
money and precisely what it was spent on?
▶▶Can someone please tell me precisely what
has happened to this man Jonathan and what has
got into his head? This government is not only
# weak, it not only lacks # direction but it is also
# insensitive and #callous . ▶President Jonathan,
the King #Rehoabam of our time, has hardened his
heart unto # destruction , just like Pharaoh once did,
and he has fallen into the trap that has been set
for him by God and by his enemies.
May the Lord save Nigeria from this # mess and
from this weak man and may the Nigerian people
themselves # WakeUP from their # accursed
# slumber and take their destiny into their own
hands.
▶The smell of religious war, sectarian violence,
regional and ethnic conflict, insecurity, untold
suffering, rampant poverty and economic hardship
is in
the air. Nigerians are divided as never before and
our country is slowly crumbling and dying before
our very eyes.
●Who will save Nigeria?
●Who will stand up and say enough is enough?
●Who will pull us back from the brink? ●Who can
we count on to take the bull by the horns and do
the right thing?
▶▶ There must be a lawful and democratic
# change.

16 Likes

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by ademega(m): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2015
Definately!
Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by 88natzy(m): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2015
Would have said let's see....but your buhari has forged.. so sell that to the accomplices like him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by jmoore(m): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2015
"Abacha never stole"- Buhari

Amaechi, I dey sell common sense. Come and buy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 05, 2015
I believe this is the funniest joke I've read in a while. Hahahahaha

how will it end when the man himself called buhari is corruption personified? Look at the people around him shouting our able president is corrupt. They are the ones that gave PDP the bad name they have now because they all were in office looting our money for many years under the umbrella of PDP. Because someone came and blocked all the channels they use in looting our money, they decided to switch party to another one that has an enabling environment for looting.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by cocokiller1(f): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2015
story for ikwerre gods

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by nanyya5000(f): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2015
Laughs in Spanish*** What can Buhari do Increase corruption i guess..btw,i think Amaechi is scared because he knows Gej would win this election...Gej till 2019.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption‘ll Disappear If Buhari Wins, Says Amaechi by kaypompey(m): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2015
At least it will be minimized... not d way d clueless is just waking EFCC from there deep sleep..
sai Buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Swears-in Chairman, Members Of RMAFC / Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov / Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.