Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls (16825 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Out CCTV Cameras To Surulere Constituents (Photos) / ‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Koroaso: 8:34am On Feb 06, 2015
na so
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Kinkale(m): 8:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Maczeelly(m): 8:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Before nkan
I dey go there with my ...........

+CHANGE
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by 4everGrand(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2015
otil1:
Jonathan gave the nation. Now votes are beginning to count!

To INEC, why not take this further and have official cctv of every polling centre. The technology is cheap and affordable.

Bros you're in Nigeria, this wont work.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Francon(f): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/GIGMOTORS/photos/a.217928821606202.55697.217054755026942/840441626021582/?type=1

Please help me like my friend's post to enable her win a sum. Click "like" on GIG motors and her picture. Thanks
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by siraj1402(m): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2015
This was what Aregbesola said during the gubernatorial election in Osun that he was almost prosecuted for.INEC stepping up.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by brownlord: 8:40am On Feb 06, 2015
Meanwhile Tinubu is asking electorates to bring charms and machete.

Smh
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Faibuhari: 8:41am On Feb 06, 2015
I can see peoples phones being smashed by APC thugs

2 Likes

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by IVORY2009(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2015
Bring camera to our strong hold, @ ur own risk!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by OgologoDimkpa: 8:42am On Feb 06, 2015
Faibuhari:
So true!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by OgologoDimkpa: 8:43am On Feb 06, 2015
Hoping that Thie!fnubu boys in Agbero Peoples Congress APC will not end up destroying peoples camera.

GEJ till 2019!!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 06, 2015
eagleeye2:
No southerner should try this in the Core North.......... Bauchi, Bornu, Katsina, Yobe etc. This is actually an automatic ticket to go and visit your creator in those parts. No southerner should try this in the Core North.......... Bauchi, Bornu, Katsina, Yobe etc. This is actually an automatic ticket to go and visit your creator in those parts.

And you know this because......
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 06, 2015
chamboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU2Ap8dOxVc&feature=youtu.be

Man, I just watched the video and I could not believe my ears.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by realteflon(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2015
Oklander:
hope soldiers go allow person use am.
My thought as well
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 06, 2015
Faibuhari:
OgologoDimkpa:
Hoping that Thie!fnubu boys in Agbero Peoples Congress APC will not end up destroying peoples camera.

GEJ till 2019!!

So the APC is evil....while the PDP is good and angelic....?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by KanwuliaJara: 8:46am On Feb 06, 2015
GOOD IDEA. . . TO COUNT THE NUMBER OF VOTERS ON CAMERA!!!! grin
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by free2ryhme: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by wealthfultree(m): 8:47am On Feb 06, 2015
JEGA DO U KNOW DAT CARRYING CAMERA TO POLLING STATION IS A CALL FOR DEATH. PRESSMEN CAMERA IS BEEN SMASHED THE PRESSMAN BEATEN OR KILLED TALKLESS OF UNNAMED CAMERAMAN. PLS THINK OF OTHER THINGS MAKE US HAVE A GOOD ELECTION. FROM http://wwwjohnjunior.com.ng/bamidele.htm

1 Like

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by prontoniero(m): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2015
smiley

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by oyetunde22: 8:48am On Feb 06, 2015
So they say during osun state election n lot of malpractices happened under the nose of Inec...... Electorate should just do their own n leave the rest for God.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by 1stola: 8:48am On Feb 06, 2015
[size=38pt]CHAI!
THIS ELECTION GO SWEET OOO grin grin grin grin
TIME FOR CHANGE.
OTUEKE HOUSE WARMING SOON FOR THE DUMBFUK angry[/size]
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by BotherMleeper(m): 8:50am On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:
There is already an existing tech that can do that effectively and remotely. They are called drones. They can be used to capture aerial views of all the happenings around the polling unit. Mobile phones can also be used but it may be a whole lot riskier.

So....everyone should come along on bring-your-drone day and spend considerable time keeping the drones in the sky rather than actually voting.

Reminds me of that southpark episode.

Except of course you mean inec should provide one drone per polling unit.

Great idea

but phones are more ubiquitous and up close. And there are tiny hidden cameras on the cheap designed like pens or eyeglasses but this is too much like spying. We want to deter fraud, not simply surreptitiously archive it.

I prefer the phone option.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by nerodenero: 8:50am On Feb 06, 2015
ozo13:
Smiling.go get ya PVC.no more excuse.

How to locate your PVC. Go to www.govote.ng/pickup .Type the PU Number on your temporary voter card, search and your #PVC location will appear... Be A Good Citizen, Please Share!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by myola777(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2015
Collect your PVC...... and Please Vote Change
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by watchindelta(m): 8:54am On Feb 06, 2015
OK so that dey will shoot dem em. Me dey crazy political thugs go just kill u 4 notin grin take camera n die ;D8)
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by teemy(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2015
a good development which could be made better. a list of phone numbers of commanding officers in charge of each zone in case security agents are themselves the offenders like in cases of seizing camera devices among others.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by teemy(m): 9:00am On Feb 06, 2015
oyetunde22:
So they say during osun state election n lot of malpractices happened under the nose of Inec...... Electorate should just do their own n leave the rest for God.
actually God has done his n left ours to us
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by gen2briz(m): 9:03am On Feb 06, 2015
I already have my gadgets in place, pen camera and watch camera.

Watching PDP in HD
On GMB mandate i stand.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by WASMOG(m): 9:04am On Feb 06, 2015
chamboy:

I can't believe what Am waching here now I belive that corruption is at higest level in Nigeria don't even know what to say chai
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:08am On Feb 06, 2015
tilman:
The Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) has assured that it would conduct a model election, advising the electorate to come to the voting centers with cameras to capture any ugly event that may unfold.

The Resident Electoral Commissioner of Anambra State, Engineer Edwin Nwatarali who made the call yesterday at a stakeholders meeting organized by the commission, said the tapping of events will help forestall sharp practices by staff of the commission.

Nwatarali made the call while reacting to a question by a stakeholder who insisted that INEC staff were fond of giving out unused ballot papers to some political parties who thumbprint them in favour of their party.

“That is a grave allegation, and no one can come here and make such spurious allegation without proof. It is very wrong to stand up and make such claims without evidence, and I will not sit down next time and watch this happen.

“Never the less, electorates are advised to come to the polling centers with their cameras, so that they will be able to capture any of such incidences that play out. That is the only time you can make such claims with evidence,” He said.

The REC also advised people who do not have the permanent voters card not to bother coming close to the voting centres as there will be three layers of security all around every polling unit.

Reacting to questions on why the commission can not stop the PDP from fielding multiple candidates in Anambra state, Nwatarali said it was not the duty of INEC to present candidates to the party, rather the parties are charged to present one.

He further stated that INEC does not conduct elections for individuals, but for political parties, noting that it is the reason why only names of political parties are found on the ballot papers.

He further said that INEC list on the names of candidates was clear, and that only those whose names were on the list are authentic candidates standing for elections, even though it is all subject to the decision of the court.

http://m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/inec-advises-electorates-bring-cameras-polls#.VNRtOZgo_Fo
Averagely good idea but its nigeria. They wouldn't even review it afterwards and even if they do, finding culprits woild be an un ending task. Its ceremonial.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by dustydee: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2015
chamboy:

Wow! shocked
Nigeria my country, when will we grow up?
This is very sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Boko Haram Ready For Peace" - Aisha Wakil / National Assembly Postpones Resumption / Multiple Explosions At MRS Depot, Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.