Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa (16714 Views)

Nigeria Free Visa To FIJI / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by chucky234(m): 10:49am On Feb 06, 2015
Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have recovered 19.8 kilogrammes of dried weeds, said to be cannabis sativa, from two friends; 30-year-old Sandra Ebere and Maureen Obidike, 33. Punch Metro gathered that the suspects were arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos State during the screening of passengers on an Etihad flight en route to Dubai, United Arab Emirate.
It was learnt that the drug was packaged into about 80 parcels and concealed inside foodstuffs and bottles. Our correspondent gathered that Ebere, who studied Economics, told investigators that her travel agent in Dubai directed her to smuggle the drug as a prerequisite for a free visa.

She said, “I used to export foodstuffs to Dubai since 2012. Each time I go to Dubai, I stay for two months and come back because I have no permanent visa. I came to Nigeria since December 2014 to spend the Christmas and New Year holidays at home. While I was preparing to go back, my travel agent in Dubai called me that somebody will give me a parcel to bring to him. He promised me that if I could bring it to him he will prepare my next visa for free. That was how I agreed to take it.” Obidike, in her statement, described her arrest as the backlash of keeping a deceitful friend.

“My friend did not tell me that she had drugs in the luggage before she checked in in my name. She told me that it was foodstuffs, but it turned out to be cannabis. I feel very sad,” she said.

The NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Umar Hamza, said the case was under investigation.

He said, “We found 78 parcels of dried weeds that tested positive for cannabis sativa weighing 19.8kg inside foodstuffs and bottles of local alcoholic beverage. The case is under investigation and the suspects are assisting our team of investigators.”

The agency’s Chairman, Mr. Ahmadu Giade, called on travellers to be sure of the content of their luggage before travelling.

“Members of the public must take necessary preventive measures to ensure that they have no drugs in their luggage. They must also not collect luggage from people when travelling. This is very important because such luggage may contain drugs,” Giade said.

www.aquavibes..com/2015/02/2-female-friends-enroute-dubai-nabbed.html

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by holatin(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2015
make dem leave them hare
no crime is a crime since stealing become a right and corruption become a sin.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by henrychubayo: 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
Story Story. Too Bad for them. They have been on it before. Today is not first time. No wonder UAE has ban young travelers from Nigeria. Too bad for us.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by worry359(m): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
DRUG DEALERS! angry
It's a pity that they were not caught in Dubai!!!!
There punishment would have beem much more severe!
Long prison term in somewhere that whips drug dealers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 08, 2015
The hustle of dubai is real
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 09, 2015
If it dubai they were caught. Na die be that

4 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by suxes2005(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2015
Thank God for them. They were caught here not there.

Edited: hope someone won't blame this on the federal govt! Its better to die poor (not even possible anyways) than to engage in this drug shxt.

1 Like

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by chucky234(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2015
troubled:
If it dubai they were caught. Na die be that
lol
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Innodon(m): 7:50am On Feb 09, 2015
Hustling things
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by LMAyedun(m): 7:50am On Feb 09, 2015
Na wah ooh!
This is sad.
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by frodobee: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2015
I don't understand.
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by msmon(m): 7:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Bad! And this is all for money's sake?

Woman, Daughter Stranded In India Over Unpaid Hospital Bills
www.nairaland.com/2137713/woman-daughter-stranded-india-over
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Sierraloaded: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by toxiflam: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2015
pathetic
A graduate of Economics
unemployment has reduced people to inhumane tinz.
Meanwhile, a lesson for all - Trust is now an expensive commodity

3 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by showreals(m): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2015
I thought dubai has changed age of visitors to 40years and above?
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Trinxie(f): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2015
Whether this is the first time they are carrying drugs or not. God pls sha save us from fake friends.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Faibuhari: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2015
This is absurd, don't trust anyone
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by illicit(m): 7:53am On Feb 09, 2015
Make them free them joor, no be vegetable dem carry? Na bomb abi poison. Them no go allow make person get high in peace. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2015
damn, how do I get my package now, mhen she f.cked up

1 Like

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Tifanee(f): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2015
There is nothing interesting about dubia it just filled with Moslem who lives in proverti

1 Like

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Wendy80(f): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2015
Pple are yet to learn. Why help someone with luggage @ d Airport regardless of who d person is.

1 Like

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 09, 2015
Ebere and Obidike huh?

Ok naw.

My sister are doing big things because dem wan wear Brazilian hair and hold iPhone

4 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by adezjamz(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2015
bad
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by lollystiver(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2015
that woman self Nev understand say for naija na chop make I chop ,so where is the weed now? the man done carry Ham go dubai naija with money problem goodluck and lie buhary with Chang

1 Like

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by iblaw: 7:55am On Feb 09, 2015
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS DUBAI HAS PUT VISA RESTRICTION ON NIGERIANS. NO VISA UNLESS YOU ARE ABOVE 40 UNLESS YOU ARE TRAVELLING WITH SOMEONE ABOVE 40 WHO BEARS THE SAME SURNAME WITH YOU.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by agulion: 7:55am On Feb 09, 2015
what a man can do a woman can do better
Re: Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa by NnamdiN: 7:57am On Feb 09, 2015
She's telling lies. Foodstuff for free visa? grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Falls On Car, Claims Three Lives In Ondo / Is Living Abroad Worth It? / FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.