Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,765 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Is Living Abroad Worth It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Living Abroad Worth It? (16734 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Living Abroad Worth It? by AYOANU: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
I have applied for UK visa 6 times and they've refused me. I just say make I dey go come go come o.

Imagine oo, this UK embassy likes people that feed them with false information and those are the people they give visas.

Anyway, na so so suffer some people dey suffer for there o, because they would have used all their money to pay for one tax or the other.

My close friend called me last week that she wants to come home finally because she is tired. Some of my friends are complaining as well.

Is suffering abroad worth it or [is] living in your father's land as a king [better]?

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ Poster
I'm sorry 4 UK embassy to have refused ur visa applications. But d koko be say no be evrybody d suffer abroad. Even those suffering prefer to stay abroad. Just relax, ego better, God bless 9ja!

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by YourMum: 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
What do you want to go to do - Visitors visa then illegal immigrant??
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by symbian03(m): 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
You were refused based on the fact the you haven't reached the satisfaction of the consular. You wanna visit Jand with the normal 6months visa and latter turn out to be one of them proscribed immigrant?
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by DisGuy: 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
maybe they refused your application based on your atrocious spelling tongue

Your friends LIVING in the UK complaining; are they on 6 months visiting visa as well?

If the refuse you six times, you should consider other countries, France, USA, Italy, South Africa
or is there any particular reason why you want to visit UK?
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
AYOANU:

I HAVE APPLIED FOR UK VISA FOR 6 TIMES AND THEY VE REFUSED ME, I JUST SAY MAKE I DEY GO COME GO COME O. IMAGINE OO, THIS UK EMBASSY LIKE PEOPLE THAT FEDS THEM WITH FALSE INFORMATION AND THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THEY GIVE VISAS. ANYWAY, NA SO SO SUFFER SOME PEOPLE THEY SUFFER FOR THERE O, BECAUSE, THEY WOULD HAVE USED ALL THEIR MONEY TO PAY FOR ONE TAX OR THE OTHER . MY CLOSE FRIEND CALLED ME LAST WEEK THAT SHE WANTS TO COME HOME FINALLY BECAUSE SHE IS TIRED. SOME OF MY FRIENDS ARE COMPLAINING AS WELL. SO --- IS IT WORTH SUFFERING ABROAD OR LEAVING IN your FATHER'S LAND AS KING

U are saying all these cos u were refused 6times, now u remembered that ur friends here are suffering, paying tax, so u don't know about al that b4 u wasted ur money 6times?

4 Likes

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by redsky1: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
justwise:

U are saying all these cos u were refused 6times, now u remembered that your friends here are suffering, paying tax, so u don't know about al that b4 u wasted your money 6times?

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by NordicRace: 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
I HAVE APPLIED FOR UK VISA FOR 6 TIMES AND THEY VE REFUSED ME, I JUST SAY MAKE I DEY GO COME GO COME O. IMAGINE OO, THIS UK EMBASSY LIKE PEOPLE THAT FEDS THEM WITH FALSE INFORMATION AND THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THEY GIVE VISAS. ANYWAY, NA SO SO SUFFER SOME PEOPLE THEY SUFFER FOR THERE O, BECAUSE, THEY WOULD HAVE USED ALL THEIR MONEY TO PAY FOR ONE TAX OR THE OTHER . MY CLOSE FRIEND CALLED ME LAST WEEK THAT SHE WANTS TO COME HOME FINALLY BECAUSE SHE IS TIRED. SOME OF MY FRIENDS ARE COMPLAINING AS WELL. SO --- IS IT WORTH SUFFERING ABROAD OR LEAVING IN your FATHER'S LAND AS KING

Why do you want to go to the UK. What makes you think you will be able to get a job with atrocious English like this ?

If you have been refused 6 times then are you to stupid to learn from this ? Have you not been able to conclude that you cannot come to the UK because you have nothing to offer the UK.

If you try another 600 times you will be refused.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by NordicRace: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
If the refuse you six times, you should consider other countries, France, USA, Italy, South Africa

You need to speak ITALIAN to work and live in Italy, you need to speak FRENCH to live and work in france.
The only africans who dont speak these languages are the illegals who are getting deported all the time.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
NordicRace:

You need to speak ITALIAN to work and live in Italy, you need to speak FRENCH to live and work in france.
The only africans who dont speak these languages are the illegals who are getting deported all the time.

Awww, . . sad little thing, u still crying blood in African forum? I really feel ur pain. Please take it easy b4 u hang urself soon
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by flekan(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
NordicRace:

Where did you get your facts from? Are they based on assumption or what?
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by NordicRace: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2010

There is legislation in italy and france which states that you cannot migrate to work in those countries unless you speak the language.

I dont speak italian or french but if you search for it you will find the legislation. The only people who gain jobs without speaking the language are illegals and they are deported all the time.

You can now only enter europe and work if you have a degree that is either taught in french or italian or you pass a french or italian language profficiancy exam. You cannot migrate to italy and france to clean toilets. Only highly educated proffesionals can migrate.

Can you imagine a nigerian bank manager working in a frnehc bank and not being able to speak french ?
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by hadexman(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
NordicRace:

There is legislation in italy and france which states that you cannot migrate to work in those countries unless you speak the language.

I dont speak italian or french but if you search for it you will find the legislation. The only people who gain jobs without speaking the language are illegals and they are deported all the time.

You can now only enter europe and work if you have a degree that is either taught in french or italian or you pass a french or italian language profficiancy exam. You cannot migrate to italy and france to clean toilets. Only highly educated proffesionals can migrate.

Can you imagine a nigerian bank manager working in a frnehc bank and not being able to speak french ?

As Africans are not welcome in your country, so you are not welcome on the African forum, so goto hell!
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by boyt1: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
You be mumu, so you get so much money to lavish on the UK embassy for a visa, only to go and hussle.
think again bros. many opportunities dey 9ja as well.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by symbian03(m): 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
See what you've caused your self, you allowed a nuisance and bastard like Nordicrace to contribute to your predicaments.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by chika98: 3:43am On Jan 13, 2010
OP
WORTH IT EVERY SINGLE DAY! grin
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by SamMilla1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
If You are going there to join the illegal immigrants, stay back home. its not worth it.
I am personally planning my return to Nigeria.
Every single day i spent here reminded me that here is not home.
Each day,

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by flashgeek: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
@poster

Abroad is not what you think it is ,most of the stories they tell us about western countries is a fantasy tale. It is a shame that you applied 6 times (even though i dont believe you did).You can become rich if you know what you are doing in Nigeria, i will suggest that you start an online business. Browse online for honest opportunities (avoid work from home sites ,they are scams).But their are several other opportunities online that you can use to earn a living. I live in a foreign land but 30% of my monthly income comes from honest internet trading. At first you may make little profit online but you have to believe in what you are doing to make a success of it. You have to be dedicated and prayerful.

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by mystikal(m): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
no!
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Busybody2(f): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
NordicRace:

We were colonised by the Brits so English Language comprehension is not an issue for us undecided

And if you feel the OP's spelling is atrocious, once he/she gets to the UK, he/she would be able to join the other millions of UK citizens who are dyslexic too and with luck would be able to get free funding to g to University to brush up his rusty English and heck even get a grant from the Disabled Students Allowance to help his dyslexia, innit cheesy
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Busybody2(f): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
flashgeek:

@poster

Abroad is not what you think it is ,most of the stories they tell us about western countries is a fantasy tale. It is a shame that you applied 6 times (even though i dont believe you did).. . .

What don't you believe, there's no rule stating you can't apply 1000 times, heck some people get the visa on their 10th attempt undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by ayo84(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2010
things are a bit easy in some foreign countries, nigerians can easily get menial jobs and get paid well
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by platinumnk(f): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
Depends on what u what u want.

And Im tired of people saying its "this" easy to make it in 9ja. Shut the hell up too many are starving to utter such rubbish.

Im not saying its better, but to have bare nessities is better that everything angry

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by kokoye(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
Would you have started a 'hate' thread like this if you have been granted the visa . .and why bother applying again after you'd been denied several times if not for a hidden agenda?

You brag about living like a king in Nigeria and not paying taxes. Yet you complain about the lack of basic amenities in the same country.

The U.K you are dying to visit is beautiful because the inhabitants have learnt to pay taxes.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by ijawgirl: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
well I am effin miserable.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Busybody2(f): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
kokoye:

Would you have started a 'hate' thread like this if you have been granted the visa . .and why bother applying again after you'd been denied several times if not for a hidden agenda?

You brag about living like a king in Nigeria and not paying taxes. Yet you complain about the lack of basic amenities in the same country.

The U.K you are dying to visit is beautiful because the inhabitants have learnt to pay taxes.

Calm down before you bust a spleen, where did you see him "bragging" undecided undecided undecided Its obvious the OP is a bit miffed that he/she has been denied 6 times, but its equally clear that he/she opened this thread not to gloat but to see if it is worth him/her applying for the 7th time cheesy grin cheesy

Isn't your touchy, making a mountain outta a molehill reaction, indicating that perhaps the OP has hit a nerve - yours? undecided Na question I jejely ask oh, no flame me oh abeg cool

2 Likes

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2010
It is my view that those who think living abroad isnt worth it are those who had no specific plans on what they hoped to achieve abroad before applying for a visa. If you're here on a visitors visa hoping to get a job and live a normal life then be rest assured that living abroad would be a hellish experience for you.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by legba1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
i feel strongly that guy be tried for confessing to tax evassion.its pple like you that is causing the bottle neck in our polity.little wonder those britico no allow you enter them land.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by kokoye(m): 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
Busy_body:

Calm down before you bust a spleen, where did you see him "bragging" undecided undecided undecided Its obvious the OP is a bit miffed that he/she has been denied 6 times, but its equally clear that he/she opened this thread not to gloat but to see if it is worth him/her applying for the 7th time cheesy grin cheesy

Isn't your touchy, making a mountain outta a molehill reaction, indicating that perhaps the OP has hit a nerve - yours? undecided Na question I jejely ask oh, no flame me oh abeg cool

I am sure you read quite well where he said it's better to live like a king and not pay taxes. That sounds like bragging to me, if not you.

People brag about not paying taxes at home and I think we need to let people realize that those who choose to pay taxes are not fools - if used for the right things of course.

1 Like

Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Spader9(m): 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
HELL YEA!

Get the fu*k outta naija ja and Come to america.
Re: Is Living Abroad Worth It? by Busybody2(f): 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
kokoye:

I am sure you read quite well where he said it's better to live like a king and not pay taxes. That sounds like bragging to me, if not you.

People brag about not paying taxes at home and I think we need to let people realize that those who choose to pay taxes are not fools - if used for the right things of course.

If you read well too, you'd see he didn't say everyone was suffering but some, and then went on to make an example of some of his friends, so it is safe to assume, he was referring to those who are/were suffering . . .

I read it wella and also saw the question mark at the end of his statement which surely was an indication that he was asking and throwing open the question to the floor to those sufferheads abroad, not big men like you tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG To Merge Arik, Aero As National Carrier / Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.