Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... (19177 Views)

Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / Javascript/ajax Or Flash / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 14, 2009
So from what you can see above, each step has a zip file which you can download easily, meanwhile, i also made a habit of creating a copy of the important php files into text. Like index.php.txt is same as index.php so that you can view the codes easily without needing to download the entire package.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 14, 2009
So we are moving forward. Step 4 is out. In step 4, we have gotten to the stage of login / registration.

The only thing that is new in this step is the registration / login form template - http://www.mwebng.net/demos/dhtmlproject/step4/pages/home.php.txt

On my next post, i am going to complete the registration with both client-sided and server-sided validation. Afteral javascript has its role to play and so does php / mysql. We are making use of the necessary tools in here, no bias.

Moderating the computer section also contributed to shifting my attention temporarily away from this board and my threads, but i think i have more time now. So i am going to accelerate this project so we move on to the next class project, but one at a time. So if i am going too fast just let me know - i have been slacking for sometime now.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by gozzilla(m): 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2009
is this computer moderation really a blessing

Your students are waiting
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2009
This moderation is under control now. I have been working on a rather tough project. But i will be back very soon.

Class interruption. There is something we are going to require in this class project - and that is a relational database.
Lemme try to explain, if for instance i create a forum like this nairaland and i want to to say delete a particular user
and all of his posts on all the threads on nairaland with one single sql delete command, then that means that the
database must be a relational type. One to many or whatever model.
So now, before i continue, 'cos next post, i am going to post the database query. So i will advise you students to learn
how to create relational databases.
A great place to do that will be - http://www.mikebernat.com/blog/Setting-Up_a_Relational_Database_in_MySQL
The poster was very explicit. But as usual if you have any problems, please post them here. This aspect is very
important.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ Dhtml

Nice Thread,

I can design a plain website with Frontpage without any effects and uploading it to the domain.

But here's a big problem Im having. I need some effects like Javascript on websites, flash, all those efizis, I dont even know how to use Dreamweaver or Javascript,

E.g. Submit Button - PHP Submit button I dont know how to upload it to a website. I really want to learn how to design a website with all those effects, flash, scripts,  But I dont know where to start from.

Which software will be the easiest for me to learn and where do I start from?

Hoping to hear from
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2009
I dont think i ever mentioned it before on NL, but i did started web design with frontpage then. But later i discovered that you can maximize usage if you know how to code. So even if you are going to learn dreamweaver cs4 sef, still learn how to write some simple html, css, javascript, php(or jsp or asp.net) and mysql.
Meanwhile, you can check out this thread in case you havent seen it before - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-216485.0.html
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2009
I have finally completed the Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! tutorial, so i am not going to explain that here ' cos i am going to make use of it eventually here.
Another thread that directly relates to the form validation is: Writing Secure Php/*Hacks Feat Yawatide, Nitation,webdezzi,quadrillo,omni:

Those 2 threads are very relevant to this class project. Please go through them before returning here. You might learn a thing or 2.

So at this point, i can now focus on this thread to complete it before starting off the next class project. I dont like dumping everything into the same thread, some things are better done on a separate thread.

So we can now continue with our class project enough with distractions.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 01, 2009
Time to create the datase and table. I decided to create a dbase called "dhtmlproject" and created a table there called "users".

By the way, the users table is using the innoDb storage engine. If you do not know the difference between InnoDb and MyIsam, please check out my thread on MyISAM Vs InnoDb - Featuring Relational Dbase With Php / Mysql

The query for the users table is:
CREATE TABLE `users` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `email` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `password` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `username` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `date` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
  `time` time NOT NULL default '00:00:00',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) TYPE=InnoDB COMMENT='users' AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

Since i do no wish to assume everyone knows to execute the steps of creating a database and table on mysql, i though about attaching the screenshots here.

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 01, 2009
That ends it. So next session, we will talk about connection. As in to connect to the database you have created.

I will like to make an announcement at this point that: this current class project is for newbies really to at least
know how to get the task done. So i am intentionally not being thorough or professional here - i am cutting some
corners and reducing codes. First let us get the task done, then after that, we step it up a bit.
People get confused easily if you start putting too much codes into one thread, like talking about sql injections here
for instance will not be fair on those just learning how to connect, submit and retrieve - so we keep it simple for now.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 01, 2009
The php/mysql connector:

dbcon.php
<?php
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', "root", "password"wink;
if (!$link) {die('Could not connect to mysql server. Check your account settings! ' . mysql_error());}
mysql_select_db("dhtmlproject",$link) or die ("Could not select database"wink;
?>

This will help us connect to the database from php. To learn more about connecting to a database, please follow this link
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2009
Step 5 is now complete

You can now register, login and logout properly.

demo link: http://www.mwebng.net/demos/dhtmlproject/step5/
download link: http://www.mwebng.net/demos/dhtmlproject/step5.zip

or just use the project explorer/download all the steps: http://www.mwebng.net/demos/dhtmlproject/

Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2009
However you may need to modify the dbase connector.

dbconn.php
<?php
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', "root", "password"wink;
if (!$link) {die('Could not connect to mysql server. Check your account settings! ' . mysql_error());}

mysql_select_db("dhtmlproject",$link) or die ("Could not select database"wink;
?>
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2009
Notice that the query when you submit forms is visible in the browser. That was intentional, just so that you see how the data you
posted in the forms is transferred from client to server.
In the next release, the method will have been changed to post, to enhance the security a bit.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by gozzilla(m): 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2009
thanks man more like it.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2009
I will continue later tonight.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2009
Step 6 is out. This has added some content pages like the about and contact page. . .and it allow allows you to change your username after login by displaying a profile link beside the signout button. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 07, 2009
*********** Thread Temporarily Suspended :: I have to clear up some other tasks **********************
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by tomaagy(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2009
hey where is everybody?
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2009
They are on vacation i suspect. . .i am not yet back though. . .trying to reduce workload here. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by quadrillio(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2009
@dhtml

I dey expect u badly
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2009
Really. . .i am hoping to be back by the end of next week, i still have my ludo game to complete and others. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2009
I think i will end this particular project here. . .i remember doing a chat tutorial somewhere before. . .searching for it. . .

Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml

Meanwhile, i will entertain any questions on this project or any other question surrounding dhtml. . .

At this point, pending the development of the next project. . .i want to introduce you to Flex Builder Tutorial / Using Some Dhtml Techniques
That is going to be a test of all we have been learning here so far. . .they are going to be used in creating flash applications. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by paule: 11:00am On Mar 20, 2009
Guys come cover to DOTNET and enjoy programming life.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2009
The interesting thing about programming is that, it does not have so much to do with
compilers. . .meaning, i can do a website like facebook using php/mysql/javascript and also repeat the same thing with asp.net . . . but i am faster with php / mysql . . . my asp.net knowlege is limited . . .i will still get it done, but may not be so efficient. . .

But some things remain the same. . .if you suck at putting together xhtml, css, javascript and if your programming technique sucks, you will suffer irrespective of the language used.

My point being that, if i am a better programmer than you paule, if a new compiler comes out today, and i give you a head start of say, 2 years. . .i will catch up with you and overtake you. . .and believe me. . .it has been tried before. . .so have respect for others even if you feel the language they are using is stupid. . .and if you are not pleased with this thread. . .then start off your own. . .if you can. . .dont pour sand sand here. . .
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kolexinfos: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2009
@dhtml nice work u are doing here.
I am new to dis thread,this is the kind of thread I av been looking for so as to learn to design website from the scratch without all the shortcut software.

I av used different kinds of software b4 but I found out that they do not give u the full control u need as a web master.Here ismy short story:

I started coding html with Notepad and becos i could not get all the pimping, beautiful grapichs and flash animations properly I jumped to Dreamweaver.

I used Dreamweaver using Fireworks for graphics, Flash and SwishMax for animations but could not attain the level becos I am always having one glitch or the order with Dreamweaver.I also use for all my PHP codes and MySQL but it all got messed up when I wanted to design something big.

So I moved on to CMS started using Joomla 1.x(site that i designed wit Joomla www.kennybroltd.com) and thought it was the best in the whole world not until I found out that to produce something of ur own i.e to be original u still had to edit Joomla Templates which invovles Dhtml,CSS,Javascipt, PHP/MySQL e.t.c.

So I decided to start learning everything from the scratch so as to attain the true Webmaster Status.So I saw this thread and I started reading all the recommended materials from the scratch would get back asap.

Thanks
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kolexinfos: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2009
I have just got all the steps to the project you are doing here and I am going to go thru step by step.

My problem right now is with arranging and designing pages with codes properly so as to make the page eye catchey. was going thru the codes for ur site(dynamicdrive.com) I found out that some of the graphics where not aaccounted for in the codes.

Right now i would just go thru te project codesand get to u later
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by yawatide(f): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2009
So I moved on to CMS started using Joomla 1.x(site that i designed wit Joomla www.kennybroltd.com)

kolex:
have you been there lately? I get, "This Account Has Been Suspended".

FYI
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kolexinfos: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
Yeah I dont know what is wrong with my Webhost.Just want to knowhow to design website perfectly wit codes not DM or FP.

So can u please place enough website examples so that I can Follow the flow of the codes especially 4 graphics and arrangement so that thewebsite can look PRO
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by yawatide(f): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2009
For starters, you could go to the website of the Eric Meyer, regarded as the CSS god, view source and see how he lays out his site: http://www.meyerweb.com/

In general, this is how you learn and is definitely how I learned: Just check out a site you like, view source, download the css/js/html files, monkey around with a few things, see how it pans out and keep at it. After that, assign yourself some homework and/or do a site for someone for free. Before you know it, you will be like the proverbial fine wine, which gets better with time wink

Good luck!
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by kolexinfos: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2009
@dhtml,yawatide and all web gurus

Please it would really be a relief if u guys can post hw you became webmaster gurus i.e the method u used so that we dat stand in the middle of nowhere in the webdesign and programming world(knowing a little bit of this and a little bit of dat)can retrace our step and we can nowwhere to start.

@yawatide
Can I still get a copy of the CSS boook U gave out some times ago.thanks
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by yawatide(f): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2009
kolex,

I am but a mere web developer who is still learning.  I don't subscribe to "webmaster", "guru" or any of those titles grin

What I will say though is it takes time. I have been at it for close to 10 years and I am still learning.  You will always be learning.  The minute you feel like you should relax, you know that is when you don't deserve to be in the trade.  The way I look at it, I am getting old and the only way to remain marketable against the likes of some on this forum for example is to keep learning the latest stuff and working on more websites.  Why? cos the younger ones are more likely to charge less and are exposed to what is in now.   Just keep at it.  Start off with html, graduate to xhtml/css, then javascript, then a backend language (php, jsp, etc).  After that, get into databases.  As you learn at each step, go to like geocities or some other free hosting site and put to practice what you have learned.  Go to sites like www.meyerweb.com and www.alistapart.com and see what's the latest out there.  Exchange ideas with your peers, pose questions, do sites for a client for free on condition that if you do a good job, he/she should market you to others and before you know it (assuming your fingers are the same length as mine, if you know what I mean), you will be on your own road to perfection.  That road however, is crooked and narrow and you must be willing to persevere.  Good luck to you, as you begin your journey of never-ending miles, with your very first step.

One thing I intend to do in the very near future is to organize my own web dev training sessions. I have seen some of the stuff put out here and I know I can do a better job at making you a competitive web developer. I will keep you and others posted.

Per my book, sure.  Send me an email (found in my profile) and you will definitely get it within 24 hours of sending the request.

I await.
Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2009
Nice one there yawa. . .it swells my head a bit when u guyz refer to me a pro. . .well, not really. . .but tryin to get there. . .
And yes, i agree with yawa about how you should learn. . .move gradually from html upwards. . .when you get to server side, you have the option
of learning php or asp.net or jsp and several others on the same level. . .i prefer php, though i can use asp.net to a limited extent. . .

And yes the market keeps changing, when i first started web development, it was perl and asp that were in vogue then. . .now there are lots of
technologies. . .ajax and all that. . .so you have to keep learning so that you will not get outdated and forgotten behind times. . .

And like i alwayz say, even if you want to end up using dream weaver and stuffs. . .please learn html and these things before that. . .so you wont get
stuck. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? / How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.